[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people still blame mabel for weirdmageddon >shes 12 >she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 22

File: mabel.png (252KB, 900x1618px) Image search: [Google]
mabel.png
252KB, 900x1618px
>people still blame mabel for weirdmageddon

>shes 12
>she didn't know the rift was in the backpack
>dipper was being selfish
>she didn't know the world was ending

so yeah senpai.
>>
>>78152605
>"i'm pissed off at dipper"
>i'm going to break this thing dipper had in his backpack because i'm angry
>my brother plays with and investigates supernatural stuff
>nothing bad could possibly happen by destroying this probably supernatural object.
>>
>>78152739
tbf Blendin seemed trustworthy.
>>
>>78152605
So Dipper gets the selfish grief but not Mabel, not Mabel who forgot staying for the summer only lasts a summer, wanting to drag her brother with her for her own comfort as he's excited for a possible new direction for his life.
>>
>>78152749
?i'm going to trust a complete moron whose incompetent at his job and once tried to murder us even if he totally swore he wouldn't hurt us anymore.
>>
File: S2e8_blendin_future_dangit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S2e8_blendin_future_dangit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>78152749
Of course he does. How could you not trust this face, even after a couple of attempts on your life?
>>
>"omg my best friend having a crush with my brother"
>"let's set them up to a date without telling my brother how he feels"
>"fuck you Dipper cheating on my best friend like that"
>"b-but i don't mean to...."
>"shut up!"
>"ok, i'm sorryyyy"
>>
Mabel a shit

Hirsch a hack
>>
File: baitthethread.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
baitthethread.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
>>78152605
Fucking kill yourself you faggot cunt, this shitty bait thread lasted long enough.
>>
Mabel never suffering any consequence for her actions is getting a bit ridiculous.
The fact Dipper was the one who had to apologize for their argument when he was trying to compromise and Mabel started it was stupid. It at least should have been a mutual apology instead of being one sided towards him.

I have no problems with the way the shows treated Dipper but the way it also puts Mabel on a pedestal when she's just as flawed is tiresome and has turned her into one of the most boring characters. She's at the same place right now as she was at the very start of the show.
>>
>>78153244
rude t b h
>>
>>78152776
This. She was a fucking idiot for giving something away that was in Dippers backpack, and just a selfish bitch for making his success into a problem for her
>>
>>78152776
>wanting to drag her brother with her for her own comfort as he's excited for a possible new direction for his life.
the parallels they're drawing between Mabel and Dipper and Stanford and Stanley just don't stop, do they
>>
>>78152605
>Are you incredibly awkward and bad in social situations?
>Well you're not allowed to harmlessly lightly flirt with girls you'll never see again.
>And if you use any sort of line that gets them to smile and flirt back, you basically deserve to be killed.
>Women getting revenge on men through violence is justified because you talked to them.

Fuck the entire message of that episode
>>
>>78153665
Did Hirsch ever reply to criticisms of the episode or just his usual "I'm leaving ASAP so bye."
>>
>>78153428
>I have no problems with the way the shows treated Dipper

I actually do. The show definitively had a chunk of occasions where Dipper got shat on for no reason other than to put him down. Stuff like Dipper grows his first chest hair, but Mabel plucks it because she wanted a souvenir. There was also the grief Dipper caught because he was half an inch shorter than Mabel (really trying way too hard to shit on the boy). Another occasion was the infamous Roadside Attraction episode. Putting it simply there are plenty of times where Dipper for no reason was put to suffer.
>>
>>78153845
>There was also the grief Dipper caught because he was half an inch shorter than Mabel (really trying way too hard to shit on the boy)

Mabel was only teasing him because Dipper kicked her ass at everything else and she just wanted one victory out of all the losses. A very believable human action.

the hair pick was just comedy. Dipper didn't need hair, he was already manly at that point.

But I wouldn't expect a website of retards to understand anything like that, opting instead to see only what they want to see.
>>
>>78152605

>wanting a never ending summer

>not wanting to grow up

>having it her way

No! FUCK YOU OP!
>>
>>78153901
I meant how even Soos was okay with Stan insulting Dipper's height. Also anyone remember when Dipper got his leg chewed up by a random wolf because Mabel kicked him out of the shack and it was treated like a joke as if getting chewed up by a feral wild animal is nothing? Bet you money that no one would put such a situation in THAT context if it was Mabel getting her arm or leg chewed up by a wolf.

Got a penis? You're a butt monkey.
>>
File: mad pie.png (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mad pie.png
255KB, 1280x720px
>>78152605
>defending worst character
the point is whether or not its her fault,she gets with everything she ever did wrong and that is a problem. who care at this point? this finale is disapointing.so much waisted potential
>>
>>78154005
Yeah, overall now that Gravity Falls is ending, it's fair to say that Mabel's existence smeared the whole show.
>>
File: y96wuk9dwlve.jpg (58KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
y96wuk9dwlve.jpg
58KB, 852x480px
>>78152605
>dipper being selfish
>dipper
>>
>>78152799
I wonder what he got in return for making a deal with Bill
>>
>>78154611
Escaping from time jail. There was a reason someone incompetent like him could break out of a jail no one else was able to before.
>>
File: 1440282244559.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1440282244559.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>78153929
>Gravity Falls is too mean-spirited wahhh ;_;
>yet he likes Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, SpongeBob, ect. which are way worse in that department
Fucking nostalgiafag.
>>
>>78152605
>My waifu can do no wrong
Cease living.
>>
Mabel didn't do anything that any kind of wacky kid cartoon character would not do around magic stuff.

But she kinda is a bad person and a bad sister, and the show is in denial about it to the point I just can't handle this.
>>
>>78152605

I don't care whether or not she is responsible. I still want to cum on her braces nonetheless.
>>
>>78158607
>Not cumming on the inside of her sweater without her knowing, then when she's traumatised from you cumming on her braces, she goes into her sweaterland safe space, only to discover it's now a land of cum.
>>
>>78152605

>I'm gonna give away this thing that belongs to my brother because I don't want to grow up
>I'm going to make him regret ever wanting a life outside of being my sister
>I will never be punished for any negative action I do

She turned into a funny silly girl into a Mary-sue that the world answers to. I don't like her anymore.
>>
Anons, it's just becauser Dipper is a boy!!
And you know boys are EVIL!!
>>
What's worse, deliberately destroying the universe or accidentally destroying the universe?
>>
The lengths that mabelfags go to defend this little shit is sad and funny at the same time.
>>
>>78159088
>Based on the Creators Sister
>Turns into an Irredeemable Mary Sue

SHOCKER!!
>>
File: Kerghan.jpg (34KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kerghan.jpg
34KB, 800x400px
>>78159338
That depends. If they did on purpose, maybe they had good reason?
>>
>>78159381
But what if Alex was Mabel all along? He's the one who grew into self-absorbed artistic type.

Meanwhile Ariel seems to settle for some mundane life somewhere.
>>
>>78159432
Maybe Alex is Mabel and Ariel is Dipper...
>>
>>78152739
>i'm going to break this thing dipper had in his backpack because i'm angry

Not what happened at all. Maybe try paying attention to what you're watching.

Mabel's actions in vs the Future were foolish but but understandable considering her emotional state at the time, it was the most recent episode that really made her seem awful.
>>
>>78155795
>Courage the Cowardly Dog
>Mean-spirited
Courage always win and Eustage get what he deserver in the end
>>
>>78152605
>selfish enough to make a deal with Bill
>making a deal with Bill
Being 12 is not an excuse with everything they've gone through. She should know better.
>>
File: QEeKEzu.gif (1019KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
QEeKEzu.gif
1019KB, 500x400px
>>78159338

Accidentally. Whether you agree with what Homura did or not she just wanted to protect her waifu, she's a way better and more interesting character. Active characters are more interesting than passive ones. Mabel's real problem is that she's a passive character.

(Not talking about people bitching and whining here either, people will bitch here about characters no matter what and who gives a shit, I mean Mabel's passivity especially lately genuinely makes her less interesting than she could have been otherwise.)
>>
File: dipper_blinks.gif (754KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
dipper_blinks.gif
754KB, 500x400px
>>78160022
>>selfish enough to make a deal with Bill
>>making a deal with Bill

So...you're talking about Dipper, right?

Because Mabel never made a deal with Bill.
>>
>>78155795
>Ed Edd n Eddy
>mean spirited
Eddy usually deserved what he got, Ed and Double D got fucked because they refused to just not hang out with him
>>
>>78160133
Mabel's just not a protagonist. She's the character who clings most tightly to normal life and the status quo (which is why Mabel's fantasies always have an 80's/90's aesthetic to them despite how young she is) in a world with a fantastic amount of undiscovered secrets and wonders. She only ever had the potential to be comic relief at best, but Alex can't help but project his every personal issue into his otherwise great show.
>>
The age of a cartoon character means less than nothing if they're old enough to speak.
>>
>>78160286
This
>>
File: robert cop cannot words good.png (187KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
robert cop cannot words good.png
187KB, 800x700px
>>78160286

Exactly. Here's the thing most people don't get: Fiction doesn't necessarily follow some or any of the rules of our reality, and often eschews them entirely.

Fictional works of any kind take place in their own little self-contained universes by default, which can follow or toss out any and all rules of reality as we know it, from the tiniest things like what hair colors are natural for humans to the basic concepts of logic and space/time. Attempting to compare a piece of fiction to reality wholesale without acknowledging this issue is futile, as any fiction will inevitably break from reality in an irreconcilable manner at some point.

Also, many of these breaks from reality are common across fictional genres, artistic mediums or even all of fiction itself, some due to necessity for the purpose of making something entertaining, others purely for flair and style. In any case, reality will be broken-from often and in a myriad of ways, making comparisons and character relations difficult or even impossible in some respects.

As an example, one of the most common comparison-wrecking diversions from reality in a cartoon is one you'll find in GF too: the fact that children and tweens almost always possess full grown adult-level awareness, thought and speech complexity, emotion, reasoning, social needs and even romantic desires in some cases. While this makes no sense compared to reality, as kids are naturally much less complex in thought than adults since they're not fully-developed yet and need more time, from the perspective of making an entertaining cartoon with a relatively-complex plot that centers around child characters, it's a necessary divergence from reality.

What does this mean? It means that you'll always end up with plentiful breaks from reality that make applying real-world logic to a cartoon utterly-broken and nonsensical. For GF, this means that pointing out Mabel is only 12 proves nothing, as 12 year olds are almost adults in GF.
>>
>>78162916
>as 12 year olds are almost adults in GF.
Saying this doesn't make much sense. The only 12 year olds we've seen on the show are Dipper and Mabel themselves.

If anything it's the teens who act way too much like adults (you could make them college-aged and it wouldn't really make a big difference. Hell, the entire shit with Dipper and Wendy would have arguably made more sense).
>>
File: 1Year.jpg (145KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1Year.jpg
145KB, 500x700px
>>78163062
Remember /co/, most of the characterization on Gravity Falls is a projection of Alex's insecurity.
>>
>>78152739
She didn't break it though, she just gave it to Billendin who proceeded to break it himself. In her defense she was only a 12 year old emotionally hurt by her brother's betrayal and who wanted everything to stay the way it was. She had no reason to suspect she shouldn't hand it to Billendin as she thought it was the real Blendin, whom the twins last parted on good terms with.
>>
>>78163134
To be fair I don't think the Avatar thing is all too realistic. How many 14 year old girls do you know who would want to pair up with a 12 year old boy?
>>
File: 1385499637944.png (246KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
1385499637944.png
246KB, 800x760px
>>78152605
>>
>>78152739

People are acting like she released an apocalyptic demon from Hell on purpose because she was pissed off at her brother but she had no fucking idea that was Bill (unlike Ford and Dipper who willingly and knowingly fucked around with Bill, seriously Ford reads, "Don't fucking summon this demon ever," and HE FUCKING DOES IT what a dumbass).

Maybe if her dumbshit great uncle had told her, "Hey, FYI, if you break the fucking snowglobe lying around in your basement it will releae an army of unstoppable demons that will destroy the universe" she'd have been a little bit more careful dammit.
>>
>>78166627
AND She never even knew what the thing was, or that it existed at all. Ford purposefully told Dipper not to tell anyone of its existence.
>>
>>78166627
>>78166923
Why would she listen to a dude who has been nothing but an ass to her and her brother and tries to kill them multiple occassions?
>>
>>78167901
I don't really like the way the show has handled Mabel but let's be fair here. Mabel always sees the best in everyone. She's like that to a fault. Plus she recently did the guy a solid. So she thought they were on pretty good standing with each other.
>>
>>78168049
Well, yeah, but Mabel's not stupid. Then again, she was desperate, and she sees the best in people like you said.
>>
>>78166627
She tried to trap everyone in time distortion forever.

You act like she was doing perfectly good thing when bad things happened, but this is wrong.
>>
/co/ just likes looking for excuses to hate women. One toe out of line and suddenly their the worst character and were always awful.
>>
>>78168247
One toe?
If Mabel was a boy, nobody would defend his shitty attitude toward everything.
>>
File: S1e9_blandin_fire.png (537KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
S1e9_blandin_fire.png
537KB, 1280x718px
>>78167901

Well to be fair, does this guy really look or sound in any way threatening? Hell I might trust Future Morty.

But she did have reason to believe they were on good terms AND that he would want to return the massive favor Mabel and Dipper recently did him.
>>
>>78168247
The only reason she gets defenders is because she's a girl.
>>
File: tumblr_nyb94kD9521s5xdg6o1_1280.jpg (153KB, 635x916px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyb94kD9521s5xdg6o1_1280.jpg
153KB, 635x916px
>>78152605
>shes 12
Doesn't mean shit, especially since Dipper gets far more shit for doing far less. It's a blatant double standard between the two, wierdmageddon was just the breaking point for a lot of people.

So the fuck what? Why would she even give up something she knows isn't hers to begin with? It just shows she doesn't respect Dipper or his things.

And Mabel wasn't? For crying out loud, he finally gets a chance to find a true home, where he'll get accepted by people and make friends (not just Ford, since all of GF still exists you know). Mabel is just so extremely dependant on other people she'd rather ruin everything than actually do something truly selfless.

She did become aware of it during part 2, she still doesn't give a shit.

6/10 bait, got me to reply.
>>
>>78166627
He couldn't tell Mabel because once he does she becomes an easy target for Bill to possess. Then he can control her and get the rift through her memories.
>>
File: d49.jpg (44KB, 472x384px) Image search: [Google]
d49.jpg
44KB, 472x384px
>>78168471
>literally all of this is wrong
>the whole world was simply a metaphor of a kid trying to ignore reality in a literal way
>just like how someone would come to terms with the future she does too, but also more literally
>she says he can go with Ford and he decides to stay anyways
>people will beleive this over the actual events that happened in the episode
>>
Resentment towards Mabel's constant validations by lousy plotting and her taking her brother for granted and pushing her around was something boiling of some time now. Even when she's in the right, it's never about what someone else want or need, it's all about her.
>>
>>78168471
I get the feeling that if the whole Mabel gets trapped in a fantasy world of her own design plot point was its own standalone filler type episode and not the penultimate episode of the series, it wouldn't have so critically panned.
>>
File: butt stuff.png (63KB, 181x280px) Image search: [Google]
butt stuff.png
63KB, 181x280px
>>78152605
>>people still blame mabel for weirdmageddon
>>shes 12
Doesn't make it right she gave it to Bill.

How? Because he was thinking of his future? Planning for yourself =/= selfish.

No, but HER selfish attitude was easy to manipulate for Bill.
>>
>>78168724
>Have easiest way to explore what makes your character tick because their entire mind is made manifest
>Spend in on callbacks to random jokes throughout the story
Yeah, the episode was crap no matter what. And it appears Mabel is not even a character anymore. Just a noise machine / obstacle.
>>
File: IMG_5794.jpg (79KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5794.jpg
79KB, 300x300px
>>78152605
>its another mabel apologetics thread
gee, and I thought Korra apologetic one's were bad.
>>
>>78168871
You can't blame them for trying to defend their waifu. Even if they will always be wrong
>>
>>78160236
>Because Mabel never made a deal with Bill

Yes she did, what do you think the bubble was for? That was Bill keeping his end of the bargain by granting Mabel her eternal summer.
>>
>>78168303
>all those threads whch tried to blame finn literally for everything because the characters around him keep fucking him over

>>78168922
Sure I can. It's always the same fucking thread with the "you have to understand their emotional turmoil" being the first go to response to defend Terra, Korra, that bitch from Gargoyles, Bubblegum, Steven, that faggot duck, and every other character which does something extremely stupid and then people want to turn around "yeah, he ruined everything, but you can't blame them for it!"
>>
>>78163062
Pacifica is 12 as well, and Gideon is 10. Both act like adults, with small exceptions for Gideon when it's used for comedy.
>>
>>78168247
>>78168303
>implying /co/ doesn't bitch about male characters too
Hurr durr what is Betacai, Finn, Steven, Man of Murder, stop with this only women are bitched about you fag
>>
>>78168738
To be honest Dipper is literally 12, which is still incredibly young to be making huge life decisions, especially without consulting his parents. They can be back next summer and pick up where they left off without sacrificing absolutely anything.
>>
>>78169162
But that's exactly their point, no one defends them from the stupid shit their do (except for Steven with the whole "he's still learning how use his faggotry, for reals").
>>
>>78169262
I agree that Ford would not be the best caretaker for Dipper, but that doesn't justify Mabel. Indeed, considerations for Dipper do not seem to actually enter the picture properly.
>>
File: 1441271985024.gif (85KB, 450x523px) Image search: [Google]
1441271985024.gif
85KB, 450x523px
>>78168621
>the whole world was simply a metaphor of a kid trying to ignore reality in a literal way
You give the writing team way too much credit for this to have any sort of merit.
>just like how someone would come to terms with the future she does too, but also more literally
How? She didn't care for the state of Gravity Falls, and if it wasn't for Dipper dragging her ass out of there she wouldn't have even left. That's one of her main problems with this arc, she couldn't deal with the situation on her own, rather have Dipper give up his future as a bargaining chip.
>she says he can go with Ford and he decides to stay anyways
AFTER he already confirms he's going home with her. At that point her giving her permission is meaningless.
>people will beleive this over the actual events that happened in the episode
You seriously cannot be this delusional.
>>
>>78166562
depends, Cant ever be too young to leave a impression with the ladies.

Men always go with younger women all the time, Its only fair women can do it too.
>>
>>78169162
No one gives Steven or Finn crap for anything they did, not to the extent they give Mabel, PB, or Pearl.
>>
>>78166562
How many 14 year girls know the Messiah and savior of the world?
>>
>>78170079
Because none of the shit they did was as bad?
>>
>>78170079
What did Steven do that was bad? And Pearl is extremely divided among the fan base because she's such a piece of shit.
>>
>>78170861
At the beginning of the show Steven had no powers, frequently caused problems with his mistakes, and all anyone was interested in was the Gems who we knew frustratingly little about.

And to be fair to to that show, it did essentially try to satisfy those inquiries in a straight line by having Steven genuinely improve over time and giving us looks into the Gems. Didn't really succeed at making something enjoyable, but a path of development had clearly been planned out from day 1, and I respect that.
>>
>>78171311
It is kinda weird how things turned out. Now Steven is the only decent character left among the Crystal Gems, while the other gems are the ones that are straight up incompetent and awful now.
>>
I will never understand the hateboner this site has for Mabel. That being said, this thread is obvious bait.
>>
>>78153244
>Opinions I disagree with can't be real opinions, they must be just someone baiting.

Also #triggered
>>
>>78170102
>>
File: soosbeakers.png (326KB, 827x578px) Image search: [Google]
soosbeakers.png
326KB, 827x578px
>>78173669

same...she was my favourite from the start and still is.

though Soos is a close second.
>>
I severely doubt if this was reversed, Mabel wanting to stay to be with Grenda/Candy, that Mabel would still be framed as the innocent victim. The fact is, she treats her brother like shit. They even brought it up several times, but hey, morality is relative, so who cares?
>>
>>78168557
Ford literally has a device that can SHIELD people from Bill's control. Yeah, it takes a while to work, but its not like Mabel isn't in on the Bill situation as is.
Or am I remembering wrong that they told her what the unicorn hair was for?
>>
>>78152605
>she's x
>she didn't know y would happen!
I hate this style of argument. Just because she's a child who doesn't know better doesn't mean it wasn't her fault.

If she accidentally started a nuclear launch, it'd be her fault regardless if she knew what the button or codes were for. If she killed a neighbour dog, it would still... Etc ad infinitum.
>>
>>78173669
It's simple really, the writers have thrown away so many opportunities to develop her character and people have gotten fed up with it.
>>
>>78152739
>>78154606
>>78159088
>>78160263
>>78153428
>>78153665
>>78153845
>>78168471
>>78168621
>>78178331

What happened, Gravity Falls what happened to you!? you were doing so great! but you succumb to this god awful trope!

LOL series is ovah no sequel EVAR LOL

>>78153741

Pretty much the latter with his "No plans to continue the show LOL"

At least more suttle than Casey Alexander
>>
servers are back
>>
>>78181548
Wait they were down?
I could have sworn I posted a shitpost from my car about a half hour ago.
>>
File: 1437870990853.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437870990853.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
Hi, /co/! Have you seen Dipper anywhere? I was wondering if he could give me his college fund so I can afford the world's biggest hamster ball!
>>
>>78183476
go away pol pot
>>
>>78181202
>What happened, Gravity Falls what happened to you!? you were doing so great! but you succumb to this god awful trope!

I think that's part of the problem. They were so dead set in trying to avoid traditional cliches that they ended up writing other, worse cliches in the process.
>>
File: 1434246730457.gif (2MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1434246730457.gif
2MB, 352x288px
>>78173669
>entire thread essentially spells out why people don't like Mabel's character
>I will never understand the hateboner this site has for Mabel

Do mabelfags have some kind of learning disability or something?
>>
>>78152605
>There are still people who like Mabel
Bunch of meme lovers
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.