[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't there existed anyone yet who could create power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 29

File: 18lq2jalv0y3fjpg.jpg (62KB, 800x423px) Image search: [Google]
18lq2jalv0y3fjpg.jpg
62KB, 800x423px
Why hasn't there existed anyone yet who could create power armor on the level of Tony Stark yet?

Is TS really the best power armor designer that could possibly exist?
>>
Doom's armor is superior. Also the way Tony designs his armors doesn't really have to take all the horrible shit from 40k into account.
>>
I suppose Doom doesn't exist in your universe?
>>
>>78098552
>>78098547

Doom's armor has always been considered inferior considering it doesn't even require TS to defeat, it only requires the F4
>>
>>78098575
Doom beat Tony by corrupting his suit's systems with magic, something Tony has never really had an adequate defense for.
>>
>>78098598

Tony has always been solidly founded in real-world physics, though, so it's understandable.
>>
>>78098575
Uh, Doom's armor is enchanted by magic, has gone up against, withstood and defeated both the pre-retcon Beyonder and the Beyonders, and has pieces of the true fuckin' cross protecting it.
>>
>>78098526
The Tonex Astarkes does not support this action.
>>
>>78098598
So, Tony is Superman now?
>>
>>78098684
Only in his wildest dreams.
>>
>>78098526
>Is TS really the best power armor designer that could possibly exist?

Being a billionaire probably helps.
>>
>>78098691
No, that would make him Lex Luthor.

And that comparison is too obvious, even for me.
>>
>>78098712

Yeah, but he didn't have those billions.

He only had A BOX OF SCRAPS IN A CAAAAAVE
>>
>>78098526
Tony has a good amount of unobtainum so it can be small and indestructible, also the amount of energy his armor produces is insane compared to most power (and artists take liberties with Flight).
>>
>>78098598
Doom's armor is nowhere inferior. He can fight any of the current popular capes and win. He even stood 28 minutes against the fucking Celestials. That was regular Doom, not Doomgod, too.

In other news, Ghost's suit is better than Tony's in non-combat aspect. It can even override and take control of other armors, including Iron Man.
>>
>>78098526
in marvel alone, Kangs is better.
>>
File: 1358384513176.jpg (76KB, 1067x880px) Image search: [Google]
1358384513176.jpg
76KB, 1067x880px
>>78098526

I'm surprised how much Batman writers wish to prevent him from having powerarmour, yes
>>
>>78098526
Stark can be a prick when it comes to power armor. He has no problem selling his lower grade armor to SHIELD, an American government organization, but in another comic issue, he did everything his power to stop the British government from using his designs despite purchasing it legally. Heck, there are times where Stark feels the need to stop other companies, especially those that compete with him, from designing their own armor even though he has no authority or legal basis to stop them other than thinking they're a threat. Reed Richards maybe an asshole for not selling his inventions, but Stark intentionally prevents other people from developing their own designs simply be he thinks he and his gang of misfits should be the only one with advanced armor.
>>
>>78098840
I'll never understand this. I mean, it makes sense from a financial standpoint to not waste so much money when fighting street level thugs, but if he's going up against metahumans, what's stopping him from asking his buddies for some tech and building a super powerful bat suit, even if he never intends to use it? Take a bit of alien tech, normal human tech, and enchant it with magic and leave it in the batcave for emergencies.
>>
File: spiderverse3.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
spiderverse3.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>78098526
SP//DR
>>
>>78099059

Is that fucking Ghost in the Shell crew there?

Why would they be bad guys?
>>
>>78099048
I've never like the idea of Batman being a superhuman brawler.
Like when shit gets out of his league, he falls to the tactician role.
He doesn't need to punch Darkseid in the face. That's why Superman is there.

Batman should use minimal gadgets for directly fighting.
That leads to shit like tasers and stunguns.
Batman should beat people with his fists when at all possible.
>>
Popularity makes Tony understandably stick around, but Tony's shitty ass rogue list is full of unprepared, poor people making suits on par or better than his, like Ghost, Crimson Dynamo or Detroit Steel. And Doom's armor is so much better it's not even a contest.
>>
Christ, does /co/ even read comics?

>>78099048
But he does do it, and it does come up every odd arc.

>>78098840
Except that's the whole current Batman status quo, following both Batmorrison's conclusion that had Batman using a super powered Batsuit to defeat the Heretic AND the super powered Batsuit used to combat the Court of Owls out of the Batcave.
>>
>>78099091
Probably just a reference.
>>
>>78099210

References require actual thought.

And he made the CHOICE of making the GitS crew the bad guys.

Why?
>>
>>78099239
Sperg spotted.
>>
>>78099246

>"I buy things based solely on the brand slapped onto them!"
>>
>>78099239
>I like GitS
>I want to draw them in my comic
>which characters do I have left to draw that don't matter what they look like
>oh these random goons that are only there for a panel
>>
File: Disgusting.png (267KB, 750x532px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
267KB, 750x532px
>>78099275

That'd be pretty insulting if I was Masamune Shirow
>>
>>78099269
What? You just sound like a bigger sperg now.
>>
>>78099304
Not really, it's just a fun little nod.
>>
>>78099307

>"Acknowledging choice is being autistic!"
>>
>>78098547
>>78098552
>>78098575
Speaking of Doom, I've never read a fantastic four comic and I've always wondered how they beat him. He just seems a bit too much for them to handle, so I'd appreciate an explanation.
>>
>>78099304
>sperg
>anime reaction
Checks out.
>>
>>78098526
>Why hasn't there existed anyone yet who could create power armor on the level of Tony Stark yet?
Many have, Zeke Stane for example. Tony just keeps upgrading his constantly since he's not in jail, or broke or in a coma because he lost a fight.
>>
>>78099338
Pretty much it always goes like this
>Haha Richards, you fool!
>slaps them all around for a bit
>What! What is happening?
>You see Victor, while we were fighting, I secretly used this device/MacGuffin/tool/ally to defeat you!

And then it was a Doombot or Doom disappears or something.
>>
>>78099338
The F4 are constantly punching above their weightclass in cosmic affairs and the like, so it's not as bad as it sounds, with Doom it's mostly Richards one upping him with some technological gizmo or the plot revolving around whatever object Doom was after that put him at odds with the F4 taking a turn, though more often than not Doom has been more of a Green Ranger/anti-hero.

Also, you should really read F4, they're almost neck to neck with Daredevil as the Marvel superheroes with the best track record in my opinion.
>>
>>78099338
>I've always wondered how they beat him
by using Reed Richards smarts, teamwork and Doom's hubris.
>>
>>78099338
Honestly they don't win against him very often. I mean they don't lose either, but it's rarely a very sound defeat. Doom usually just leaves.
>>
>>78098598
Doom's thing is being good at a whole range of things but not being the best in any single one
>>
>>78099048
He exactly did that. I think he used it to get a cheap shot on darkseid once.
>>
>>78098526
Well for all the Doomfags out there 40k is a universe FAR more dangerous than anything Marvel has (Zombies included). Doom would have been swallowed by the WARP long ago unless he IS the God Emperor...well, that's another thing entirely.

Terminators are not the end all be all of Marines, the Astarte are and they are as OP as you can get. Take as Astarte Techmarine, they can manipulate technology at a distance, they are technopaths like MODOK; EVERY ONE OF THEM! Now, a host of MODOK's may not be too bad for Tony, he can blast them from afar, but not if they can soak it like a terminator. And for every Iron Man drone Tony sends a techmarine can have one as well.

I'd say it would be a pretty close battle, if the Astarte Techmarine can disarm Tony and bring him into close combat, Tony loses (Tony could fuck up the Marines targeting system but they have fucking crazy stats for that anyway), but if Tony can keep manoeuvrability, he wins.
>>
>>78099544
Doom is living Tzeench bait.
He'd show up in the 40K universe, last about 10 seconds before he agrees to become a Tzeenchian follower, thinking that he can one day out manipulate the literal god of planning and dickery
>>
File: pym>reed.jpg (451KB, 1277x1106px) Image search: [Google]
pym>reed.jpg
451KB, 1277x1106px
>>78099422
>>
>>78099544
I want lexicanum shitters to go. Nevermind that 40k is the shittiest and normiest of the wargames, this whole EPIC 40K SO DARK DUDE meme has been dead for years, but somehow you manage to make it deader with every shit post.
>>
File: SHOW ME WHAT.png (421KB, 540x900px) Image search: [Google]
SHOW ME WHAT.png
421KB, 540x900px
>>78099597

Please, continue, you only add to the glory of Tze's confusion
>>
>>78099584
holy shit, you are right! Who else would become high priests?

Nergal would definitely get Ares
>>
>>78099597
>I don't like 40k because its more popular than my shittier games!
I agree about the grimdark comment though. People can't even use that right when not even talking about 40k.
>>
>>78099544
He's gritty. I think he would stick around for a long period of time as a perverse combination of Chaos Sorcerer/Dark Mechanicus. (Well, he would really be more than either one, but that's how they would see him.)

I think he's too stubbornly proud of his own identity as DOOM to willingly become a gribbly Chaos Demon/Prince.

I also think he would be more than smart enough to perceive the realities of allying too closely with one God or the other, and would be constantly two timing them and keeping a business relationship without committing.

(He's smart and devious after all, and Marvel has plenty of stuff like that. He has personal experience and intel about "Demonic figures with sweet deals" too. He would be even more cautious with bigger, badder versions of what Marvel has.)
>>
>>78098526
This also brings up the question. How would Marvel handle a WAAAHHHHG? It's not like a Brood invasion, every one you kill multiplies.

I'm saying they land on earth, not stopped in space.

Tau = Shi'ar

Eldar = ? Silver surfur stuff?
Brood = Tyrannids

what else?
>>
>>78099544
You can't just add Marvel's doom to your little board game's universe. If you did then he would still be a god.
To judge Doom on 40k universe you would have to deduce he was born in that world with it's challenges and his genius would have adapted to it. Your oversized tinman would be his bitches.
>>
>>78099660
40k is one of the most unbalanced, unpractical wargames out there, which is by design, as they keep one upping with new Codexes.
>>
>>78099711
Orks are OP even in the 40K universe.
Marvel would just get stomped.

The only chance is if the Hulk becomes Warboss and leads the WAAAAAAAAAAAGH off Earth and fuck up everything else in the galaxy
>>
>>78099665
If anyone could stand up to the influence of the chaos gods it would be Doom, as Secret Wars shows. However, I don't think he would last, every priest IS consumed. I could see him lasting 8-10k years in the battle (if it lasts that long, Chaos may win in that time. At which point Doom becomes GOD EMPEROR, or he dies...HOLY SHIT THAT"S A GOOD STORY!)
>>
>>78099718
Im seeing a lot of previously hardcore 40k players moving to 30k for exactly this reason.

Far easier to balance when everyone has the same basic troops.
>>
>>78099762
>Hulk becomes Warboss and leads the WAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Someone make this NOW!
>Hulk SMASH insects, SMASH skinny men, SMASH DEAD PEOPLE! WE GO TO WAAAARRRRRH!!!!!

I may write this, even though I'm not a good writer at gore.
>>
>>78099842

The Hulk is hardly a Nob, let alone a WAAAAGH leader

You actually think the Hulk is strong enough to lead a WAAAAGH?
>>
>>78099866
He is, he could pick up a Leman Russ with one arm, no Warboss could do that. Now, the Warboss has other abilities like psychic resistance that Hulk is shit at, but Hulk could top a Warboss. Just not Gork and Mork of course, since they can fight toe to toe with chaos gods
>>
>>78099714
Horus would slap his shit.

Fuckin Abaddon would slap his shit, and Abaddon hasn't even got any arms.
>>
>>78100402
He doesn't need any arms to kick Dooms ass
>>
>>78101003
not one on one, but Doom doesn't fight that way. He would use one god against another until he is one
>>
>>78101108
That's literally a sign that says "Please fuck me Tzeench".

Remember that 40K universe is an intentional shithole.
Whenever someone is clever, they get corrupted by the Warp due to Tzeench.

Status Quo is enforced by the universe itself
>>
>>78101108
Well Jokes on Doom the Gods are already in a war with each other
>>
>>78099140
>He doesn't need to punch Darkseid in the face.

I wish more writers knew that.
>>
>>78101175
I don't know. Doom also has that canon iron will. the only force that can actually defend from Chaos gods.
His vanity is also out of control, so Slaneesh would be vying for him too.

In general though yeah. hard to imagine most of Marvel not getting overrun by the Chaos gods pretty fast.
Like Tony Stark.. both Slaneesh and Tzeench would be all over him, and he DOESN'T have the iron will.
>>
>>78101368
Iron will is no defence against Chaos. If anything it's an open door to the soul; they find what you most desire, and they give it to you in return for your obedience, whether you understand the bargain or not. It's not some gradeschool seance where you can trick them with your clever words or play the fiddle and get out of it, they will eat your psychic essence. Inflexibility just makes it easier for them to identify ways to manipulate you into doing their bidding.

What you need to stand against them is purity of spirit, but Doom lacks that. He's as corrupt as they come, predictably and readily betraying his "allies" as soon as their usefulness to him ends, because he's inflexible and that's all he knows.

Now, Saint Rogers might last a little longer...
>>
>>78101368
Even a iron will can be broken
>>
So who is the God Emperor in Marvel. The Watcher? The Tribunal?

Ignoring God Doom
>>
>>78101512
thats what the Emperor uses to protect humanity.
>>
File: 1422991303137.jpg (132KB, 830x900px) Image search: [Google]
1422991303137.jpg
132KB, 830x900px
>>78101712
And we all know how that ended, besides you can't protect people from Chaos if they don't know about Chaos
>>
>>78099584
I dunno. Doom is usually too arrogant and prideful to say that even as a lie. The more likely option is he'd attempt to kill tzeench almost immediately.There's also the fact that his suit separates him from the world/universe so technically he's constantly in his own pocket dimension so he's not within a place to get affected by the warp in the first place. Like almost all Marvel characters he'd easily die soon enough thanks to the sheer scale of things but years of Doomwank leave him surprisingly well protected against nearly everything.
>>
File: 1441496243239.jpg (157KB, 938x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1441496243239.jpg
157KB, 938x1024px
>>78101952
>The more likely option is he'd attempt to kill tzeench almost immediately
>Killing a chaos God
Thats not how it works
>>
>>78102001
I said ATTTEMPT. I didn't say he'd succeed.
>>
>>78102014
Even attempting such a thing is beyond reason.
>>
>>78098526
>Why hasn't there existed anyone yet who could create power armor on the level of Tony Stark yet?

Batman has already done it. Doom, Reed, and Luthor could probably do it too, if they haven't already.
>>
>>78102042
You lack imagination and underestimate the bullshit Marvel characters will attempt to do if given half the chance.
>>
>>78102066
How are you going to kill a force of the Universe that makes sure the Universe does not stay in constant stagnation? It would be like Doom sets out on a journey to kill gravity
>>
>>78101712
Purity of spirit? Sure is.

He also uses legions of soulless ginger women and it's still not enough.
>>
>>78102087
That shit is actually possible in the Marvel universe. Read some goddamn comics. We're already at the aftermath of all of those things you mentioned being slaughtered throughout the entire multiverse.
>>
File: kaminato!.jpg (33KB, 400x483px) Image search: [Google]
kaminato!.jpg
33KB, 400x483px
>>78102087
>Not going beyond the impossible and kicking reason to the curb
do you even Gurren-dan
>>
>>78102087
isnt nurgle all about stagnation? how is he a "chaos" god again exactly?
>>
>>78102119
But it wasn't Doom who caused, and given how Chaos works in 40K all these event where the beyonders made this giant plan to kill everyone just works in tzeench favor. Because he is the God of that sort of thing

https://youtu.be/SG7VvMGw6w0?t=721
>>
>>78098526
>>
>>78102238
Nurgle isn't stagnation.
Quite the opposite.
Nurgle is decay.
He is filth and rot and the surrendering to the inevitable march of entropy.

We're just biased to see Order as the only direction of value.
>>
>>78098575
You realize every single member of the F4 is far more dangerous than Tony, right?

Susan Storm can slug Celestials in the face and they'll actually feel it. Ben is tough enough to fight Namor (on land), who routinely makes IM look like a chump. Johnny can burn hotter than the sun over a radius of miles. Reed has an invention for everything.

Tony would get wrecked by any one member of the F4. Meanwhile, Doom's repulsor fields stood up to the attention of three mad Celestials.
>>
>>78099239
Anon, the kids in Eva were in her classroom. Someone in the team really just wanted to make anime references.
>>
>>78102291
not really. Entropy is nothingness.
Nurgle is also rebirth, and survival. His followers are Immortal.
>>
>>78098552
>>78098547
On a purely tech level, I was under the assumption that Stark's armors were better, but Doom covered for it with magic .Sort of like how Doom's magic isn't stronger than Strange's, but his tech allowed him to be even with him during Triumphs and Torment.
>>
>>78102246
Your goalposts are moving. First it was pointed out that he'd merely attempt to do so. Then you asked how that could even be conceived when it's already happened. Now you say say it doesn't count because Doom didn't do it when Doom is generally known for hijacking the powers of cosmically empowered or above beings and probably has done it already.

Dr Strange's job interview consisted of having to beat Death itself and Doom is around the same league (but not as strong of course) of magical mastery.
Once again I will point out that you are arguing Doom(or several other MU characters) can't conceive of doing things to chaos gods that have actual equivalent actions/feats which have been done before. Actually succeeding is entirely immaterial. They can try and they actually could know where to start.

Plus wasn't the emperor himself going to try and do what you're claiming is impossible before he got blindsided and got stuck on his golden toilet?
>>
>>78099544
>Well for all the Doomfags out there 40k is a universe FAR more dangerous than anything Marvel has (Zombies included).

Absolutely untrue. 40K is low tier compared to Marvel or DC.

>Take as Astarte Techmarine, they can manipulate technology at a distance

Using extremely inefficient systems reliant on machines that still have COGS in them. Versus Tony's hyper-efficient defenses.

>I'd say it would be a pretty close battle, if the Astarte Techmarine can disarm Tony and bring him into close combat, Tony loses

Are you shitting me? Tony in his armour has survived blows from legit gods and lifted 80 ton+ weights. He would annihilate an entire Chapter of Marines.

I love 40K, but it's low low LOW on the power scale compared to the big two cape universes. Most 40K stuff would be dangerous to street level heroes, but would get absolutely rekt by anything more potent than that.
>>
Tony has said that if Doom ever tried, Doom could produce a suit better than Tony ever could.
>>
>>78098526
Doesn't Apocalypse have better powered armour? He can regenerate from a single cell thanks to it and probably doesn't even know what the hell it 99% of it's functions do.

There are alot of armours better than Tony Stark running around among various easily forgotten characters now that I think of it. Tony just gets focus lately because he tickles the fedoraboners of writers.
>>
File: HA HA.png (357KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
HA HA.png
357KB, 500x333px
>>78100402
>Horus would slap his shit.
>Fuckin Abaddon would slap his shit

Fuck, you really overestimate 40K or really underestimate Mahvel.

Doom has tanked blasts by Celestials - beings that can destroy planets with the most casual effort. He's tanked THREE of them trying to blow him away at once. He would turn Horus, Abaddon, and every single Primarch inside-out with ease. He'd solo the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus like it was nothing.

Doom has actually fought creatures more powerful than the Ruinous Powers and won. Many superheroes/villains have.
>>
>>78102482
And so is your goalpost, if we are talking specially about tzeench then Doom would need a plan to kill tzeench. But that can't work because tzeench is the God of planning so the plan was just fuel him.
>Plus wasn't the emperor himself
His plan was to starve them to death, but you can't do that because everything you do empowers them one way or the other. Some fan even speculate that the emperor was Creating an all new Chaos God by himself.
>>
>>78102610
You are still completely missing the entire initial point of what you first said to me. How the fuck is it so hard for you to conceive anyone would try to kill a chaos god? Nothing outside of wanting to do so matters to this. Why do you have such a complete and utter lack of understanding of plain english spread before you?
>>
Technically, the Chaos Gods are just the current expressions of a massive pooling of psychic energy. They're not integral to the function of the universe, they're a byproduct of it.

Destroy the idea of Slaanesh or Khorne and they're gone. A new Chaos God will arise in time to fill their place, but they'd be dead. Similarly, if you can stop the energies of the Warp coalescing, the psychic parasites that are the Chaos Gods would cease to exist.

Up until 5th Ed this was the Necrons' entire plan.
>>
>>78099711
>I'm saying they land on earth, not stopped in space.

They'd do another Age of Ultron time travel trick to get rid of them, nuke them in space before they land or something.

Orks cannot be stopped, only purged.
>>
>>78102588
>Doomfags actually believe this
You guys are the Bronies of the Marvel universe
>>
>>78102672
But I'm telling you that they can't be killed, not unless you take reality with you.
>>
>>78102809
And that has nothing to do with anything. How are you this dense?
>>
>Marvel characters that could single-handedly kill a Space Marine Legion, Primarch included

Doom.
Magneato.
Blue Marvel.
Human Torch (1 and 2).
Spectrum/Photon/Whatever.
Silver Surfer.
Gladiator.
Legion.
Carol Danvers.
Mar-Vell.
Galactus.
Thanos.
Starfox.
Jean Grey.
Nate Grey.
Professor Xavier.
Hellion.
Namor.
Phyla-Vel.
Iron Man.
Thor.
Odin.
Loki.
Graviton.
Any of the F4.
Hulk.
She-Hulk.
Red Hulk.
Scarlet Witch.
Vision.
Hercules.

...And the list goes on.

Be aware, the super tough guys of these comicbook universes are not dealing in the same magnitudes of power than 40K stuff does. They're exchanging blows that shake continents. The impact of a Warlord Titan's main weaponry is absolutely nothing to many of these guys.
>>
File: doom 40k.png (784KB, 957x1204px) Image search: [Google]
doom 40k.png
784KB, 957x1204px
Related, how does the Annihilation Wave compare to a Tyranid invasion?

Tyranid main fleet leviathan is supposed to be bigger than the milky way itself. But Annihilation Wave was supposed to be pretty fucking huge as well, they went from edge of known space to near Earth.

and have a power armour Doom.
>>
Let's not forget that WH40K is what happens when you pass down engineering knowledge through psalms
>>
>>78102783
You're arguing with actual canon, mate. Doom DID hold off three Celestials at once.

And this is less about Doom, and more about 40K being weak as shit compared to Marvel.
>>
>>78102588
> b-but my celestials

Low grade c'tan.
>>
>>78098526
>>78102495
Typical MarvelFag BS about how OP their characters are.
> You got a megaton man? We've got a Megaton+1 man.
> Our WorldBreaker, MoleculeMan,DoomGod,Sentry an do your Superman.
> Our Tony is totally OP.

I'd say marvel creates characters designed to 'one-up' their rivals.
But I guess marvelfags would say 'no, they know a guy who was waaaay worse'
>>
>>78102860
Consider: the societies the Annihilation Wave threatened were intergalactic, whereas the Tyranids are having trouble with one galaxy.
>>
>>78102881
> warhammer weak as shit

yeah on the basic level. But khorne is literally one of the strongest beings in fiction
>>
>>78102885
Nah, C'tan are low grade abstracts.

C'tan shards don't even compare to Celestials. They'd be random energy beings to be punked in the MU. They can barely threaten a single planet by themselves, whereas Celestials can snuff out star systems.
>>
>>78102911
Inter-galactic in marvel is small time though
>>
>>78102852
>Legion
A character that can single handedly kill the universe, not exactly sure to put in a reality warper in a fight.

Also Chaos would be all over him.
>Namor
>Any of the F4.
>Hercules.
m8 you are bullshitting at this point.
>>
>>78102852
>Any of the F4.

Uh.
No.

Thing would be worn down over time (that is assuming that Space Marine weaponry couldn't hurt him; if they could penetrate his skin with power swords then the fight would be over much quicker), Torch and Reed are vulnerable to bullets. Sue would be the only one who could stand a chance, and that would be assuming that she uses force fields to pop the brains of every marine in the legion as they approach.

Maybe Torch could win if he went Nova right at the beginning, but I'm sure the marines have some bullshit super shield that can withstand that. Then once Johnny wears himself done, they just go over there and cave his head in.

And this isn't even mentioning Psykers.
>>
File: 1446463674661.jpg (479KB, 1250x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1446463674661.jpg
479KB, 1250x1126px
>>78102911
Tyranids has only sent the vanguard, and Annihilation Wave never had to face orks.
>>
>>78102937
> c'tan shards

I didn't say shard I said a full c'tan. Celestials are akin to old gods
>>
>>78102852
All of them are beaten by a dark eldar archon
>>
>>78102891
Characters in 40K are made to one-up one another and be amazing in their codex too.

The difference is that Marvel is just a bigger, more powerful setting. The largest empires in 40K are interplanetary, the largest empires in Marvel are multiversal. The biggest threats in 40K threaten the Milky Way, the biggest threats in Marvel threaten the entire multiverse. The ultimate bad guys of 40K are giant psychic parasites, the bad guys on one arc in Marvel were entities beyond reality that could wipe out universes at their leisure.

The greatest 40K heroes fight valiantly to conquer planets. The greatest Marvel heroes can burn galaxies.

It's just a matter of scale. 40K is smaller and weaker.
>>
ah stop, my sci fi/franchise/whatever is better than yours .that,s all
>>
>>78102999
Yeah, full C'tan are basically like low grade abstracts. I stated as such.

>>78102970
You realize Johnny could burn a Legion to ash simply by going full nova? Them and the planet they're on, for that matter.

>>78102965
Namor can tank blows that shatter continents and can harm beings like Thanos. He would make any Legion is bitch easily. Same for Hercules.
>>
>>78102937
>whereas Celestials can snuff out star systems.

The Necrons have a device that can do that remotely. It's not even a unique device.
>>
>>78098743
Well played sir
>>
>>78103133
The Celestial Orrery?

Yeah, it is actually unique. It's a hidden treasure jealously guarded by its keepers so that nobody can mess around with it.
>>
>>78103060
>40K is smaller and weaker.

Smaller but not weaker. The difference between Marvel and 40k is that the power levels are on a completely different track and far more distributed.
>>
>>78101952
>not within a place to get affected by the warp in the first place

The Warp is in not just space but inside everyones mind. You don't escape it
>>
>>78103113
Anon take this into consideration. The standard Space Marine weapon is a Bolter

Now what is a bolter you may ask? It's a gun with .75 Caliber rounds in them that fires spells that explodes once they enter the target, and I don't mean explode like our small bullets do. No I mean rocket launcher type explosions.

We seen in comics that Namor and Hercules are not immune to bullets.
>>
>>78102860
The Annihilation Wave was was the Negative Zone aka an entire universe invading the positive universe aka us. You are asking about how a setting that only takes place in 1 piddly and relatively tiny galaxy can compare to that.
>>
>>78103276
They're both inconsistent as hell to be honest. 40K fluff is a mess in regards to powerlevels, and Marvel tends to fluctuate depending on who is writing at any given time.

40K doesn't really have anyone able to reset the universe, though. Or mortals with the power to threaten multiple galaxies. Someone like Silver Surfer or Black Bolt would be unstoppable in 40K.
>>
>>78103340
Black Bolt is already unstoppable in Marvel.
>>
>>78103311
Hydra-blood tipped bullets that specifically are the only ones that he's not immune to because that's the one thing that usually can kill a god.You are blatantly trying to present falsehoods.
>>
>>78103369
Then why did Ares use a normal minigun against him?
>>
>>78103311
...Namor and Hercules ARE immune to bullets.

They've both shrugged off missile strikes, super lasers, and other such nonsense. Namor has soaked blows from Thanos, who can literally tear apart planets with his hands (though not gracefully) and mostly ignores anyone that punches with less than 150 tons of force.
>>
>>78102556
Apocalypse only wears power armor because he cannot master shoelaces.
>>
File: LeviathanAttack.jpg (46KB, 468x303px) Image search: [Google]
LeviathanAttack.jpg
46KB, 468x303px
>>78102911
>Consider: the societies the Annihilation Wave threatened were intergalactic, whereas the Tyranids are having trouble with one galaxy.

Annihilus was stomped though, and the Tyranids in 40k are basically small scout units for the main fleet (and they are up against Orks, who could go rape every species in Marvel except maybe the Brood).
>>
>>78103396
...Because it as loaded with Hydra-blood tipped bullets.
>>
>>78103396
Do you not understand that it was the hydra blood that was dealing the damage? He could have pelted him with beanbags and it would done damage. Hydra blood is a contact poison.
>>
>>78103358
Eh, there are quire a few people than can match him. Gladiator, Vulkan, Starbrand, Silver Surfer, RR Nova, Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel... and then there's any of the really big cosmic players, like the Celestials or the Galactus.

>>78103413
Orks are pretty much nothing in Marvel. The Shi'ar Imperial Guard alone could kill infinite orks. Gladiator by himself could wade through any Waaaaagh! without trouble. When you can punch planets so hard they explode, things like orks are really not a problem.
>>
>>78102495
>Using extremely inefficient systems reliant on machines that still have COGS in them.

Not sure what version you are using but techmarines have MODOK ability to psychic manipulate electronics at a distance.
>>
>>78103113
>You realize Johnny could burn a Legion to ash simply by going full nova? Them and the planet they're on, for that matter.

Last time I checked Johnny could barely knock out Ultron with his nova flame, he couldn't burn entire planets. Aren't you thinking of the Phoenix?
>>
>>78103497
Techmarines aren't psykers.

They use highly ritualized technology integrated into their enhancements to launch technopathic attacks. When they recite the Liturgies of Maintenance or the Runes of Engineering they're just running programs with a lot of flair.
>>
>>78103495
Doesn't Gladiator have Ork powers anyway? MU galactic societies could probably disable all of the orks via psychic jamming fields.
>>
>>78103504
Depends on the Ulton model, the highest tier ones are reality warpers that can just be like "lol heat no longer exists in my vicinity".

Johnny has demonstrated the ability to generate blasts that could wipe out all life on a planet. I don't think he could actually blow up a planetary object, but scour much of it clean? Definitely.
>>
>>78103504
Ultron is made of Vibranium. That guy is probably overestimating Johnny( or i forgot some massive planet burning scale attack he did once) but the fact that he can apparently stop an ultron with sheer heat is goddamn impressive.
>>
>>78103495
>Gladiator, Vulkan, Starbrand, Silver Surfer, RR Nova, Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel... and then there's any of the really big cosmic players, like the Celestials or the Galactus.
I'm sure that all he is to do is to scream and blow them all away.
>>
>>78102703
blame the eldar for being such degenerate fucks. that they willed the chaos gods into existence.

If the God Emperor was alive and off the Golden Throne. He could be leading all of mankind in such a way as to starve off Chaos. Instead of the leadership currently given man. Which only feeds Chaos.
>>
OK, I'm probably missing something HUGE here. But why do not races blow up planets more often than they do? Is it cause there is a limited amount?

>orc/bug infestiation
>boom
>>
>>78103504
It's been noted that he can burn hot enough to simulate a sun going supernova.

In the Negative Zone, where his powers were constantly being sapped, he generated multiple blasts that vapourized miles of Annihilus' armies. That alone is more than enough to destroy a Legion, which is just ten thousand dudes.
>>
>>78103671
Habitable worlds are the most valuable treasure in the galaxy. If you blow something up you can't use it anymore.
>>
>>78103658
>that they willed the chaos gods into existence
No they only willed one into existence, by accident.
>Which only feeds Chaos
Everything feeds Chaos.
>>
>>78103640
He had to scream to defeat Vulkan, and it wasn't without struggle.

He's definitely more powerful than Nova though, who is the weakest one there.
>>
>>78103717
The Tau and Necron could defeat Chaos. Owing to their nonexistent psychic energies.

It would require that men, eldar, ork, tyranid, and minor races all be wiped out first.
>>
>>78103550
Yes, but the nanotech ends up crossing the branch. It ends up being both psychic and techno. Hence why no one can ever learn it but them
>>
>>78102087
There were actually over a hundred numbers between 4 and 5. You don't know about them because I killed them all.
>>
>>78103658
Eldar willed one Chaos God into existence.

Big E has helped Chaos more than any other person. He's given it its greatest champions, its greatest source of nourishment, and the empire that is his legacy constantly hemorrhages citizens to Chaos because living in it is so shitty that the eldritch gods seem like a better deal in comparison. Even if he were still alive he'd have failed, as his proto-Imperium inflicted untold suffering on its citizens, endearing them to ANYTHING else that could promise them strength and meaning. His crusade destroyed more advanced, better models of human civilization that had stable alliances with aliens, good standards of living, and were fighting Chaos effectively, all because he couldn't deal with the notion that someone else had a better idea than him. The Emperor sucked. He represented all the best and worst in mankind, and, as 40K is ultimately pessimistic, the worst won out, and his hubris led him to fling his own species and the galaxy with them into a death spiral.
>>
>>78103827
No you didn't, because I still know of numbers like 4,1 4,12, 4,1225861251586 , 4,135

So fuck you.
>>
>>78103810
Necrons, maybe. It would require them to all wake up and actually listen to the Silent King though.

Tau can't do shit, especially after the latest campaign book.
>>
>>78103884
what did they do to my mecha fetish space commies?
>>
>>78103884
Unlikely to happen seeing as the few Necrons that still have intelligence are deteriorating as their soul programming or whatever slowly fails.
>>
>>78103907
Aun'va is dead, Farsight Enclaves is being eaten by Tyranids, and the Mechanicus set the entire Damoclese Gulf on fire.
>>
>>78103931
oh god, they are getting "Squatted".
>>
>>78103995
Nah, he's being hyperbolic.

The Tau actually routed an Imperial crusade on a single world. The Imperium had to bug out and used some one-use anarcheotch to create a temporary wall of plasma across the entire Damocles Gulf, cutting off Tau expansion that way.

With Aun'va shanked by a Culexus and Farsight responsible for saving his loyalist brethren on that world, shit is basically mow set up for Blueberry Char to return to his people and x3 kick the Tyranids out of their shit, thus renewing his status as a heroic figure to the Tau.
>>
>>78103995
Nah, they're not going anywhere. Gotta sell that shiny new Stormsurge kit.
>>
>>78104059
The greater good shall rise again.
>>
>>78103133
>>78103133
well the people of otherworld can delete entire universes by pushing a button while sitting comfortably in their land outside reality.
>>
File: Necron_Pariah.jpg (31KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Pariah.jpg
31KB, 350x346px
>>78103925
the old necron fluff was very anti chaos, given time the necrons would suppress the entire eye of terror.

hell the only reason chaos doesn't pour out of the eye of terror is the necron monoliths suppressing the warp in the cadia gate area
>>
>>78103727
and vulcan isn't even among the most powerful mutants
>>
>>78104281
The actual wall is Gork and Mork who are battling at the edge of reality. I don't know enough about Necrons but they aren't a part of the 'battle' as far as I know, more an entity
>>
>>78104316
I think he is the most powerful mutant if you don't count the ones who manipulate reality.
>>
>>78104316
Who is more powerful than him?

Legion, Nate Grey and Jean Grey (as duh Phoenix), right?
>>
>>78104059
>Culexus

Really?

But.
>>
>>78104341
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Cadian_Pylons
>>
>>78104428
Tau aren't immune to Warp shenanigans, just less noticeable. Demons don't really hunger for them or manifest through them because they're not worth the effort to devour.

Tau are actually really vulnerable to Pariah shit because they have weak souls. A Culexus' fear aura and deathtouch works on them just the same as anyone else.
>>
>>78104558
that does remind me the only thing close to a psyker in the tau are the ethereals who popped out of no where one day to unite tau under the greater good
>>
>>78104352
well yes if you don't count those who are more powerful than him then he's the most powerful.
>>78104360
eh. He's around the level of Magneto, Cable without technovirus is at least as strong as him. Havok could beat him by supercharging on sun energy, but I think that was due to them being brothers and his powers being more effective on him I think.
Apocalypse is probably the most powerful mutant who's not a reality warper.
>Legion, Nate Grey and Jean Grey (as duh Phoenix), right?
And Rachel, Franklin richards, Jaimie Braddock, Hyperstorm, Darwin, Shadowking, possibly Xavier if he went full psychic entity, possibly valeria richards, Iceman if he would get his shit together, Hope and Rogue if they absorb the right powers,Apocalypse's children, and various others that I can't remember because they are used as a plot device and then cast away. Most are limited by plot reasons from reaching their full potential so they stay crappy
>>
>>78104316
Nearly capped if you don't count reality warpers. Energy manipulation as an ability is overpowered as fuck. Now that I consider the fact that his powers work on psychic energies too it occurs to me that he could literally think the warp out of existence for a decent sized range around himself.
>>
>>78104858
Vulcan is a omega level energy manipulator, so while it is true that Iceman could easily beat him by freezing everything around him to absolute zero I get the felling that even that won't work because Vulcan can reach the energy outside that area.

And because he is a omega level energy manipulator I don't think that anyone who uses energy against them (which is to say everyone) can beat him.
>>
>>78104895
except that's how both blackbolt and havok beat him.
And it just means he's potentially limitless, not that he's reached that level.
>>
>>78105046
Black Bolt defeating him tore a massive hole in the fabric of reality that let the cancerverse in (roughly a warp or eye of terror equivalent?)
Havok I certainly will give you. That was an ass whuppin and it was glorious.
>>
>>78105046
>>78105830
Maybe I remember wrong but aren't all the summer brothers hard counter to each other?

Havok counters Vulcan, Cyclops counters Havok and Vulcan counters Cyclops.
>>
>>78105830
The Cancerverse isn't a reflection like the Warp.

It's another universe where death died and life became bloated and cancerous in its absence.
>>
>>78105887
Cyclopcs and Havok each have immunity to the other's powers due to being related.
Writers completely forgot about that when Vulcan was around (and in general eg Hope shooting Scott with a copy of his own beams when he'd actually just ignore the blast.) so he can generally rolfstomp both of em. Havok after being tossed into a star on the other hand gets supercharged enough to tell Vulcan to fuck off.
>>
>>78103495
>Gladiator

No, no, no, you can't out-Ork Orks. They just Ork harder. That's the whole zoggin' point.
>>
>>78106519
Gladiator has the same powers except he's constantly in waaaaagh form/mode.
>>
>>78102001
that Slaanesh doesn't have enough tits or cocks or swords
>>
File: tanks.png (193KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
tanks.png
193KB, 1024x652px
>>78099866
>The Hulk is hardly a Nob, let alone a WAAAAGH leader
>You actually think the Hulk is strong enough to lead a WAAAAGH?
This is what 40kids actually believe
>>
>>78098575
>only requires the world's smartest man, a first rate force field generator and a walking tank

Black Panther once took out Tony with Windex.
>>
>>78102347
tony would easily take out Johnny, because Johnny is an idiot. Ben can't fly. You are right about Sue and Reed, though.
>>
>>78099584
confirmed pleb
doom kneels to no other power.
>>
>>78108633
Black Panther is OP as shit
>>
>>78099338
They don't beat him, he defeats himself. There has never been any real doubt that if he wanted to he could flat out murder them with ease, or almost anyone else for that matter. He doesn't want to kill Reed he wants to prove he is better than him.

He used to hate thing for crushing his hands that one time but he is over that now, mostly due the huge number of horrible things he has done to grimm since then.

Doom doesn't hate Reed anymore, at this point he is their grumpy uncle.
>>
>>78108727

He is like batman on steroids.

And he is more of a jerk.
>>
>>78099544
top KEK

doom took out the beyonder and that was like 20 years ago
>>
>>78103310
Actually if his suit has something like a Geller Field he is fine, also the Warp can be overcome by willpower which he has in spades. He would basically be an absurdly OP Inquisitor.

Or the God Emperor.
>>
>>78108814
The Beyonder let Doom take him out. Don't you read?
>>
File: 1427695-namor_bullets.jpg (36KB, 270x210px) Image search: [Google]
1427695-namor_bullets.jpg
36KB, 270x210px
>>78103311
you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>78108829
You can't overcome the warp and by the time doom has put a field in his suit that protects him from it it will already be to late
>>
>>78108914
Now show me him shrugging off bullets with higher caliber.
>>
>>78108925
Doom literally has more willpower than any other man. He has resisted demons, devils and eldritch horrors aplenty. He's been vivisected by cosmic beings more powerful than all of chaos put together. It is explicit fact. He would be fine.
There is nothing new in the 40k universe for Doom.

Stop sperging.
>>
>>78108830
he lost because he was careless but it was all according to keikaku. it's still quite impressive.
>>
>>78108982
Nah. You're not worth the effort. You are some kind of true believer, like the Cthulutards are. I could show you him being screamed at by black bolt, whose voice is like a bomb capable of leveling city blocks with the tiniest utterance possible, and you would still say "that's not like a bolter." I could show you him taking hits from thanos, and then thanos taking hits from Galactus, and you would still say "but Chaos" because in your mind it doesn't even matter. Even if Doom had done what say, Cyclops did- literally bury a shard of evil itself in his brain, and then just ignore it with willpower- despite the fact that Doom has incomparable willpower- you would just say "but muh chaos"
>>
>>78108989
Your the one sperging with your doom wank, are you Hickman by any chance?
>>78109083
Anon don't be ridiculous, seeing how Hyperion is going to kill Namor soon then I would say that it's not unreasonable to assume that a bolted can hurt him as well. All I'm saying is that we seen him shrug off regular bullets, but how does he handle the firepower from a battleship?
>>
File: Hero-Envy-thor vs hercules1.jpg (281KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hero-Envy-thor vs hercules1.jpg
281KB, 500x480px
>>78103311
>Can trade blows with Hulk and Thor
>Both can tank nukes
>Somehow isn't bullet proof
Ayyyy
>>
>>78109157
Hyperion is basically Superman. He can fly through the planet in a straight line. There isn't a weapon that doesn't require the death of psykers to fire in the entire 40k universe that could harm him. Comparing that to a bolter is insane.
>>
>>78109167
Density, blah blah blah
>>
>>78109200
Necron laser weapons would most likely harm him, as would Orkk weapons (maybe). I'm also willing to pet that Tyranid weapons can harm and kill him, not the first time but second yes.
>>
File: 887299-namor.jpg (137KB, 700x506px) Image search: [Google]
887299-namor.jpg
137KB, 700x506px
>>78109157
There you go.

One tank shooting namor, who isn't even fazed by it by it.
>>
>>78109260
Nope. There is literally no reason to think that. Hyperion can tank weapons that devastate planets.
>>
>>78109292
Yet the thunderbolts were able to beat him, yet man-thing was able to kill him.
>>78109316
>>78109274
Well there we have it then, bolters won't do much damage then.

Seems heavy weapons are in need
>>
File: 10-hercules.jpg (189KB, 1000x712px) Image search: [Google]
10-hercules.jpg
189KB, 1000x712px
>>78109230
Sure.
>>
>>78102783
Yes, we believe things that are explicitly printed. And things that are natural corollaries of things that are explicitly printed.

We can see things like>>78108113
showing us that 40k is, while interesting, not actually a high powered universe.

It's plenty interesting. It doesn't matter that it's less powerful than another setting.
>>
>>78109373
Man-thing is crazy powerful
>>
>>78109373
Man thing can kill anything that's afraid. Eventually.
>>
>>78109373
Man-Thing's abilities are theoretically limitless. Literally anything that can feel emotion or interpreted as emotions can be killed by Man-Thing
>>
>>78109495
Daemon Princes might be beyond him, and the Grey Knights might be able to not get shat all over
>>
>>78109419
Well humanity aren't exactly on the high end on technology in Warhammer, that would tau and necron.

But don't look down on their weapon, as previously mentioned the bottler fires .75 caliber rounds which is standard for a tank. The heavy version is a machine gun that fires 1.00 caliber rounds which is standard for a battleship.
>>78109462
Powerful enough to tank weapons that destroy planets?
>>
>>78109495
He can only kill you if you know fear, so the fearless daredevil can take him down.
>>
>>78109573
.75 itself means nothing. You can throw a .75 rock too.
You need things like mussle velocity and displacement to make a real judgement. But when we look at how much the tanks suck, and how useless bolters are against tanks, we can see that Bolters are simply not any more powerful than they seem in 40k- i.e. good for killing Dark Eldar at close range, and not much else.
>>
File: paw20-2.jpg (25KB, 550x376px) Image search: [Google]
paw20-2.jpg
25KB, 550x376px
>>78109573
it shoots really fat, slow bullets
to compare, 20mm is roughly 0.79 caliber, and we have guns that shoot that. Here's one that explodes.
Next post will have one that doesn't.
>>
File: IA2se.jpg (97KB, 547x603px) Image search: [Google]
IA2se.jpg
97KB, 547x603px
>>78108113
So you don't actually recognise the description of Chobham armor on the left there?

That it? That's the problem here? Because that's what they're describing. A Chobham-like armor. Except with the Land Raider you kind of assume it's not one that needs replacement after each shot that hits it, like Chobham does, because it's a magical space tank from the future. And it's thinner than steel plate for the same protection, whereas Chobham isn't, it just offers better protection by *weight*, not thickness. Nobody ever claimed Chobham was thinner than conventional RHA - it's just thinner than the equivalent amount of RHA you'd need to offer the same level of protection. You still need a significant thickness of it to offer that level of protection - on the turret of the M1A1 it's about two feet thick at the front. Obviously the weight of RHA would be impractical for a tank of any size, but since the Abrams has weak roof armour and we live in the age of air cav it's a moot point. Tanks are dead.

To put that another way - you could make the glacis of an Abrams (currently made of steel but offering significant protection because of the way the tank is constructed) out of Land Raider armour and it would be 3x more effective at the same thickness. You couldn't make it out of Chobham (and they don't, for this reason), because it would be too thick. Were you to give an Abrams turret 2 feet of Land Raider armour at the front it would be 3x as effective as that thickness of steel; but although Chobham is said to be 25x as effective as steel plate, that's by weight, not thickness. So then you have to do a whole lot of math (which you can't because you don't have any modern Chobham to measure accurately) just to prove that Land Raider armor is superior and you're shit at math.

Also, that's the first edition. Because of That Guys like you, they changed it. It's 3 times as effective as equivalent armors it goes up against. That's it. Because you're That Guy.
>>
>>78109723
Modern Chobham armor can withstand many hits.

The current tanks that the US employs are so heavily armored that they have to be scuttled like ships if they are disabled- the armor is never penetrated in the field, only the tread.
>>
>>78109527
Do they have a concept of fear and emotion in general? Do they use fear to meaningful complicity? Is Man-Thing connected to the Nexus?

If either, then they burn. To say nothing of Man-Thing has some of the best regeneration in the MU. His biggest downfall is MT isn't very smart on a good day, so there's that.

>>78109573
>Powerful enough to tank weapons that destroy planets?
Depends on how much bad emotion mojo he absorbs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>78109660
>>78109573
Here's a 20mm anti-materiel rifle that might not have explosive rounds. It probably does when you're actually using it against things that need to be destroyed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ft2j6J4NcY
>>
>>78109887
20 mm are also used in the M61 Vulcan, a minigun, 20 mm in general are used for canons so bring up a sniper is kind of moot. Even more so when thr bolter is semi automatic
>>
>>78109573
Addendum:
a 75 caliber round is 3/4ths of an inch across.

An m1a1 abrams tank fires a 120mm shell, about 4 1/2 inches across.

A bolter has an effective range of two average dicks, or 4 dicks if the user stays still and aims.

An m1a1 abrams tank has an effective range of 4 km.
>>
>>78109573
Man Thing has survived direct Celestial attack, so yes.
>>
>>78099544
Tony would win because he's more popular. They won't stand a chance unless 40K starts getting movies every year that always make millions.
>>
>>78110056
I would post some data on the tanks human use in 40k to counter, but there is none.
>>
>>78099866
Hulk strongest one there is. He doesn't need to carry dakka, he is the dakka.
>>
>>78099544
There is nothing in 40k lore to suggest that anything the warp has to offer is more dangerous than Shuma Gorath, or Mephisto for that matter.

At the end of the day, Doom snuffed an entire race of beings with the power to remake realities, plural, at their whim. He was vivisected by a being more powerful than all of chaos combined. He created a machine that enslaved an entire planet, then just outwilled the man in the machine, without any protections. He's trounced gods, and stood toe to toe with space entities that treat solar systems like your mom treats an herb garden.

Doom doesn't belong in the 40k universe, because the 40k universe is a place where everything sucks- that's what's so amazing about it. It's that dark, noiry, shitty yet fantastical element of it- WWI, yet interstellar- that makes it so interesting.

I've been playing and reading 40k for a long, long time, but it simply has nothing in the entirety of its canon that is more dangerous than cosmic Marvel has to offer.
>>
>>78110011
The Anzio 20mm uses 20mm Vulcan ammo.
>>78110525
Shuma is only ever encountered properly by Strange, and even he was getting shat on. He is at a similar powerlevel to the chaos gods, probably. Maybe a little bit higher.
>>
>>78110298
I would hope that it's quite a bit better, but since penetrative power of large bore ammo is based largely on velocity, and with velocity increases there is a corollary increase in range, we can infer that weapons in the 40k universe are actually quite bad.

note that this has no effect on how cool the setting is. How well they would fare against conquerers from another setting that can remake reality, regrow from single cells, fly through planets, enslave and possess any being they see, stand in the way of blasts that would subsume entire planets, or even snuff solar systems entirely has no effect on how cool the 40k universe is.
>>
>>78110575
Shuma is a very good comparison for the Chaos gods, as he is a: a chaos entity and b: he is basically never able to bring his full might to the table.
>>
File: 1437595941520.png (234KB, 385x432px) Image search: [Google]
1437595941520.png
234KB, 385x432px
>>78099410
>And then it was a Doombot or Doom disappears or something.
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
>>
>>78109495
I think the strangest part in this is that Banner bothered to wear an H belt buckle before hulking out.
>>
>>78112012
He's wearing Hulk-sized pants
That's probably one of the more intelligent Hulks, he probably put on clothes.
>>
>>78103113
You have to remember a legion isn't all just tactical marines, it has tonnes of bad ass commanders too that have super emperor powers.
>>
>>78112629
does it operate on One Piece logic or something
>>
>>78109292
Planet-destroying weapons are not precisely a rarity in 40k.
>>
>>78113106
yes. A planet devastating weapon can hurt or even kill Hyperion. A bolter cannot.
This whole thing started because 40k Stan thinks that a regular bolter is the equivalent of a tank cannon, with the rate of fire of a machinegun, and the explosive yield of a rocket launcher- and that such a weapon could kill top flight superheroes like Namor with ease. He cited Namor being killed by Hyperion as evidence of Namor's weakness.

I pointed out that Hyperion can fly through a planet in a straight line and tank planet devastating weapons- so being killed by him is hardly proof of "weakness". If 40k troop weapons had the firepower to kill him, they would fight wars in extremely different ways- line of sight and cover would certainly be irrelevant, for one. Devastator troops would simply fire through planetary crust at opponents hundreds miles away rather than get within a few hundred feet.
>>
>>78098526

There are plenty of people who can and have made power armour that rivals or even exceeds Tony Stark's but, well...

Think of Stark Enterprises as Apple. Technically speaking, it's not nearly as great as some cheaper and more reliably made stuff, but it's got its name and popularity to make uninformed normies think otherwise.
>>
File: 1449299513086.png (326KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
1449299513086.png
326KB, 406x406px
>40K fags actually believe that their universe is more dangerous than the place where universes and galaxies are destroyed on an industrial scale
>and people who can literally smash planets with mere thoughts or by bare hands
even anime has more dangerous individuals than 40K
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.