[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine a world where the X-men movies were actually based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: x-men.jpg (175KB, 939x704px) Image search: [Google]
x-men.jpg
175KB, 939x704px
Imagine a world where the X-men movies were actually based off the comics.
>>
Yeah. That would be pretty boring, huh.
>>
>>78098401
Why is Alex Ross so shit?
>>
File: x-men outback era.jpg (40KB, 346x440px) Image search: [Google]
x-men outback era.jpg
40KB, 346x440px
>>78098416
Yeah, Claremont's 18 year run showed that no one really liked X-men.
>>
File: new mutants.jpg (249KB, 900x1326px) Image search: [Google]
new mutants.jpg
249KB, 900x1326px
>>78098436
He isn't?
>>
>Imagine a world where Fox could just do one accurate adaptation

Their movies suck and that is exactly why. They can't, for a second, be true to the source material. In any case.

In an accurate movie, The X-Men would discover the Morlocks, having Storm challenge Callisto over leadership. Gambit would be introduced, but of course is manipulated into causing the Mutant Massacre, The Marauders sent by Mr. Sinister decimate the Morlocks. From here you could lead into a few stories. In fact Singer could have fixed 3 by doing this story instead of an entire time travel reboot by saying that Dark Phoenix Jean was actually a clone, and used her to kidnap, instead of kill, Scott (creating X-Man/Cable), and you could also do the X-23 storyline

Oh look, not all storylines involve Magneto and Wolverine. Go fucking figure.
>>
>>78098461
What was Cypher's role when he appeared?
>>
>>78098595
>Movies would suck if they followed the source material closer.

>Proceed to write out a more interesting sounding story based off the original material.
>>
>>78098619
To die.
>>
>>78098625
Oh. Heh. I guess I was grammatically incorrect here.

I meant to say that the movies are shit because they don't follow the source material, and that Fox is incapable of making a good adaptation.
>>
>>78098794
That makes things clearer.

Also I know Millar is, well Millar, but I feel he's at least more comic-savvy than this movie would imply.
>>
>>78098595
You're assuming it'd be that far along when it started, if it were based on the comics the first X-men film would be about Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, and Angel discovering Jean, Xavier trying to mac on her, and them teaming up against magneto. Also they'd all be awkward and preppy teens.

So no, I don't want the movies to be super close to the source material. Just like I don't want a Daredevil show that doesn't have kingpin in it till years down the line, because Kingpin wasn't even a thing when Daredevil debuted. I don't want a Thor movie where Thor is actually a doctor with a Cane. Sometimes liberties taken with the source material is a good thing. With the X-men films it wasn't, but going the other direction entierely isn't good for a film that's between 90 to 180 minutes long.
>>
>>78098905
Well I agree to a point. To make a movie there are some concessions, and X-Men wasn't popular until years and years after its initial debut, and especially with comic stories you'd have to fix years of retcons and errors in the comics. You don't have to start from the beginning, but be true to the characters.

I thought maybe X-Men Apocalypse could do something great, with the very 80s looking Psylocke, Jubilee and the gang, but I don't know anymore. Might have to wait for yet another sequel to get on track, and I don't know if I have it in me.
>>
>>78098401
>>78098595
>>78098905
>>78098982

They are.

Based on doesn't man copy pasting, especially with american comics and all the lore to pull from.

Look at Burton Bats or Donner Superman or Spider Man, all orginal stories that pull elements and aspects from across the ouvere; same as Xmen did.
>>
>>78098905
You're being far too literal. Of course you cut the fat for an adaption, but this thread is obviously a reaction to the current crop of X-men movies giving very little care or love about the original material.

That said, I really don't get why you think a movie based off the original 5 would be bad. Yes, the original Lee/Kirby run is mostly shit, but that's because neither of them cared a lot about that series to begin with (Kirby certainly didn't give any of a fuck, as that run has some of his laziest designs), but the characters have been built up through so many different writers over the years that you could easily make a movie with just those guys. They all have defined characters now and can easily be adapted to be interesting and unique.
>>
>>78098401
A world where Anna Paquin is casted for Avengers, Nicholas Hoult/Kelsey Grammer for Inhumans and Ellen Page for Guardians of the Galaxy?

Sounds...interesting.
>>
>>78099021
I disagree. The movies are very much inspired by and don't necessarily care about the stories that made this franchise popular in the first place.
>>
>>78099184
Keep your dirty muties away from my Guardians.
>>
>>78098905
it doesn't have to adhere rigidly to the comic timeline, but you could use more elements as "inspiration" for the movie, rather than just the name and some physical charactersistics of the characters.
For instance if you wanted to adapt the original run you could show that Xavier had made a team of american based X-men with the O5 as the first ones to join and Rogue Kitty Havok Gambit and other american based x-men. Have the first half of the movie or a but less than half, about them and how there are multiple mutants in the world with different allegiancies, mostly are isolated but some have their own thing going, Magneto has his own group and so on. Then shit hits the fan and Xavier has to call for help from international mutants to save his first team and the movie goes on from there.
>>
>>78098436
Why is your opinion so shit?
>>
>>78098401
It'd be pretty shit, X-men comics are convoluted, dumb and all over the place, they're a central part in some of the lowest lows this industry has ever seen.
>>
>>78098401
>>78098401
Would they carry somebody else as Wolvie, or just digitally shrink him?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.