[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hope that Marvel won't fuck up Black Panther?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: R5tvjXm.jpg (585KB, 2335x3277px) Image search: [Google]
R5tvjXm.jpg
585KB, 2335x3277px
Is there any hope that Marvel won't fuck up Black Panther? He's one of my favorites, and I don't want to allow myself to get hyped only to be crushed in the end.
>>
>>78070631
His role in Civil War might be good, but his solo movie(s) will be trash.
>>
>>78070631

even if hes trash, the movie will make a shit ton. He will then have solo movies that will also suck dick but hey who gives a shit, they make money.
>>
>>78070631
Reports from one of those interviews from the set state that he fights on all fours most of the time, and marvel hasn't fucked up characterizations whenever Whedon or Thor aren't involved.
>>
We can weigh the odds.

Supporting that they won't:
>TWS was great, and CW has the same directors and writers.
>As a concept, his costume design is great.
>All the horrific backlash they could get means they'll be forced to tread carefully.

Supporting that they will:
>This movie is fucking stuffed and may suffer from even worse executive interference than the other MCU films.
>In practice, his helmet makes his head look way too big.
>Marvel keeps wanting to find a black director for this movie, which shows both that they don't care about quality as much as PR, and that they're racists who think an African-American is going to have any more in common with Black Panther than anyone else.
>>
He looks like Batman but less gay.
>>
>>78070631

it should be hard to mess up black panther.

the only real problem with him is trying to make the concept of wakanda work.
>>
>>78071125
Wakanda is the whole reason he's cool though. He has one of the more unique worlds of all the Marvel heroes. The only problem will be not going all out with the concept
>>
I need to hear Chadwick Bosemans african accent
>>
>>78070631
I think he'll be good in Civil War but his solo movie will be dragged down with race relations. I mean its been a long time there were a black superhero lead so you know gotta remind everyone about the struggle of bein a black man in a white man's world
>>
>>78071370
Fucking this. Everybody is stressing the director, but we haven't heard this guy speak yet. This is make or break.
>>
>>78072653
He's not black american, he's an african native. He honestly has no clue about any of the black american anything.
As a matter of fact, he's the emperor and god warrior of a technologically advanced and mystically empowered african tribe that basically lives in a fucking pocket dimension, completely and utterly closed off from africa and the rest of the fucking world.

Even bringing up black american struggles around him will get quizzical looks. Hell he probably doesn't even know that africans were brought to america as slaves.
>>
>>78072653
>the struggle of bein a black man in a white man's world
Not if it's about Wakanda
>>
>>78071370
I'm guessing it will be generic Nigerian. That's usually Hollywood's go-to.
>>
>>78070631
Why can't you just enjoy the epic quips like everyone else, dude

Just turn off your brain and eat some popcorn
>>
File: 1.jpg (23KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23KB, 394x394px
Lol, there are people who care about this cat-man?
He seems interesting, can someone recommend any good comic's?
>>
>>78073203
>>78073251
This is coming from a studio who insist on have an African American director direct a movie about an African king who is also a superhero. If the movie only takes place in Wakanda it would be based but you know Marvel is gonna force some type of racial tension in this by sending him to America. You all should know by now that when it comes to black superheroes today the big two focus more on the "black" than the superhero part.
>>
The guy who directed Creed and Fruitvale Station might be on board for this movie.
Take that as you will.
>>
>>78073394
The first person you quoted is talking about how "Black American" has zero context in regards to Black Panther which is completely true
>>
>>78073394
This diversity shit is a double edged sword, I like that marvel are giving more poc characters books but I miss they days that I could just get a black panther book without marvel forcing their we're so diverse shit like the Waid not writing bp because of his race triggers me as a black fan that liked Mcgregor's run, kirby and that Jason Aaron arc
>>
>>78074178
Attention you white piece of shit. stop saying person of colour as if you can blanket everyone who isn't white under one fucking name. Kill yourself while you're at it.
>>
>>78070631
He looks like a gay version of batman wtf. cats the musical?
>>
>>78070631
Since Joss Whedon is gone... I have a lot of hope
>>
>>78073260

Nigerians do have a pleasant accent though.
>>
>>78076642
pray
>>
>>78073289
>He seems interesting, can someone recommend any good comic's?

Black Panther by Christopher Priest. It's a nice mix of political intrigue, gritty action, and Black Panther being a clever bastard, but not a cartoon character.

Later, a literal cartoon Black Panther does show up, but that's another story.
>>
>>78073491
>The guy who directed Creed and Fruitvale Station might be on board for this movie.
>Take that as you will.

Ryan Coogler is pretty smart with integrating infographics and letting takes run a little long.

He's definitely smart with camerawork too like the simulated one-take fight in Creed.

So it's really good.
>>
>>78071030
>They're racists
This is so true the fact they think an african american director would make any difference is crazy the same way they always want a black writer for bp and other black main character books is some racist ass shit and needs to stop it's so condesending
>>
>>78076755

You're a racist.
>>
File: 321.jpg (924KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
924KB, 679x1024px
Honestly I could care less about MCU or capeshit, if this gets us a Don McGregor Jungle Action reprint it's a success to me. That run is fucking BEGGING for a Marvel Epic Collection and would be a perfect movie tie in but still nothing announced.
>>
>>78071030
>>78076755
Of course you guys do realize why they need to have an african american director and it's not on their end right?
>>
File: 3270715615_be70c91348_o.png (2MB, 873x1156px) Image search: [Google]
3270715615_be70c91348_o.png
2MB, 873x1156px
>>78073289
It's all about the Jungle Action
>>
>>78076896

That's kind of the main problem though. They're being drug one direction that isn't the best direction for the character. They basically have to hand it over to the Hudlins of the world instead of someone like Priest who would actually understand what makes the character interesting.
>>
File: il_570xN.796531344_h2z0.jpg (276KB, 570x866px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.796531344_h2z0.jpg
276KB, 570x866px
>>78076989
Seriously. They need to find someone who wants to tell a story about a warrior priest from an ancient mystical kingdom first and foremost before anything to do with race relations
>>
My biggest fear is them making a spectacle of "hes our first black superhero!.
>>
I want to believe it's going to be a awesome movie about strong and smart warrior king who fights for justice

But knowing Americastan, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to be about race, black people and completely American centered
>>
>>78073289
1.jpg anon, tell me, do you create a new folder for every image? tell me your secrets
>>
>>78077555
If they're going to make it based primarily in America, they should adapt Priest's first BP arc. If they do that and do it right, it could work.
>>
"memories...all alone in the moonlight"
>>
He looks badass as fuck.

Enlighten an ignorant like me, what's so special about him?
>>
>>78080203
He's a from a secret society of warrior priests that rule Wakanda and protect the sacred mound which holds the source of Vibranium on earth. Vibranium is like the Prima Materia described in the philosophy of Alchemy, the base matter of all creation that can be shaped into anything. Black Panthers suit and weapons are made from this sacred substance
>>
Saved
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.