[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you think about Age of Ultron? I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: age of ultron line-up.png (884KB, 1438x628px) Image search: [Google]
age of ultron line-up.png
884KB, 1438x628px
So what do you think about Age of Ultron?

I think it's okay, the biggest problems are

1) Ultron is too campy and way too weak (getting BTFO'd by Cap on the truck)
2) BannerXNat takes up alot of time of the movie while coming out of nowhere
3) It just feels like a minor thing, nothing really changes in the universe even tough it should, likewise the previous movies didn't lead up to this one as nicely as the first Avengers had
>>
6/10
>>
>>77953315
The first MCU movie I didn't even bother to rewatch.

2/10, regret spending money on it. I'm a big MCUfag, but this one was just fuckawful.
>>
I think the biggest issue I have is that you know stuff was cut out. There are a shit ton of strange jumps, and for some reason, people did not seem bothered by them, which makes it strange that people blindly accept shitty editing these days.

For example, how Wanda and Pietro meet Ultron. "I thought that...nevermind" What? What was she trying to say there? They just walked into the church for no reason? Or how Thor was in the pool, and suddenly is at the Vision's creation?
Again, this film just had a lot of shit cut out and I shouldn't be able to notice it as much as I did.
>>
>>77953315
They killed one of the only two redeeming characters introduced in the movie. Fucking Joss Sweden
>>
was age of ulton supposed to have happened after iron man 3?
>>
That picture looks fucking awful

Captain America was losing his battle with Ultron so you're factually wrong there
>>
>>77953315
>make a big point about a magical reconstitutor that can fix anything
>shot guy still dies for pathos
>Ultron loses every single encounter
>Loki's scepter had the Mind gem in it, making Thanos even more retarded than previously believed
>The farm is divorced from the story
>The completely unnecessary, hamhanded romance
>Helicarriers are back despite SHIELD being dismantled
>Wanda literally tearing out Ultron's robot heart to symbolize how much he hurt her
>Strucker

There's more but really it's just not a very good movie. Doubly so if you actually liked any of the characters beforehand.
>>
File: 1442938492953.jpg (116KB, 474x502px) Image search: [Google]
1442938492953.jpg
116KB, 474x502px
>>77953315
>terrible editing
>awful CGI/fight choreography/wire work in many parts
>tone was all over the place
>some really bad jokes, humor at random times that broke the tension
>shit villain
>shit accent for the twins, very inconsistent on Wanda's part
>killing Quicksilver just for shock value, ruining his death scene with a witty one-liner
>too many fucking witty one-liners in general
>one of the worst written romances I've seen in a movie in a long time
Joss was a mistake.
>>
>>77953702
>>Loki's scepter had the Mind gem in it, making Thanos even more retarded than previously believed
I remember saying this during the first film, but /co/ was in denial for some reason.
>>The farm is divorced from the story
I don't think the farm was that bad because some of the action sequences did start out of nowhere, like the boat scene. The way Iron Man, Thor and Cap just appear during that scene was unnatural and how fast they got to fighting after the last fighting beat just felt very off. There was no buildup.
>>
>>77953925
Because mind control isn't what the Mind Gem does and Thanos handing it over is really, really dumb.
>>
>>77953451
The scene before Wanda and Pietro meet Ultron was only a minute long and conveys alot of their characters and makes the following scene flow better. Cutting that out was stupid.
>>
>>77953702
>Wanda

See I can forgive plot contrivances but when your central theme is "Are we monsters or are we heroes" and one of your heroes is literally tearing out somebody's heart and showing it to them you have completely failed your theme.
>>
>>77953702
Thanos didn't give the Mind Gem to Loki, The Other did. Note its color was hidden, perhaps to deceive Thanos and smuggle it to Earth.

> The Other in Marvel lore is the puppet of an Elder God.
>>
>>77953709
Joss put too many jokes in the film perhaps because he was overworked and pissed off with all the studio shit.

But Olsen nailed the formal tone and that's the important thing with Wanda.
>>
I can't get over Ultrons design

Those lips look fucking awful
>>
>>77954078
Wanda is hurt and angry, not evil.
>>
The extras just standing around.
>>
>>77954217
It was still a graphic display of cruelty. They could have communicated her pain differently.
>>
>>77954323
It's a robot, it can't feel pain and shouldn't have a fucking heart anyway.

I was more rolling my eyes because not only did it symbolize tearing his heart out to mimic her emotional anguish, but she straight up said that because Jo Sweden wanted to make absolutely sure the mouthbreathing audience understood his symbolism.
>>
>>77954423
He grunts as though he felt pain.
>>
>>77953315
Ultron was too chatty ("I lost the word!") and his human face was stupid.

HulkxBW comes the hell out of nowhere.

I liked it, especially the action scenes, but it was middle tier in the rankings of Marvel films.
>>
I don't think it was terrible. I kinda enjoyed it and have watched it multiple times by now, but it WAS a bit of a disappointment. Ultron was pretty mediocre after his initial fight with the Avengers.
And not to sound like the "LOL QUIPS" people, but there was just too much humor you know? You can make a light-hearted movie and still have heavy or emotional scenes, but the fact that part of Ultron's "defeat" was just a joke ("With the benefit of hindsight..." and Hulk throwing him out the jet) kinda killed it for me.

I liked Cap and Vision, I liked the twins. It looked better, visually, than the first Avengers, and I thought Ultron looked pretty cool.
>>
PROS
> Good to great action.
> Fucking Great Iron Man vs Hulk fight.
> I honestly really liked the Widow/Hulk relationship, have no fucking idea why people tuned on Scarlet as Widow after this film.
> Giving Hawkeye a family and pathos.
> Olsen was great as the Scarlet Witch.
> ATJ was good as quicksilver and his powers were very well executed.
> Cap putting his fucking foot down when Tony tries to awaken the Vision was fucking awesome.
> Vision is PERFECTLY designed, perfectly preformed by Paul, and his last scene with Ultron was a perfect end to the finale.
MIXED ELEMENTS
> Spader was a perfect choice to voice Ultron, and gives a damn good performance, but yes, he is too chatty, quipy and lacking menacing most of the time.
> Opening battle was a great BAM way to open the film, but it seemed at times it was moving too fast and even like the footage was slightly fast forwarded.
CONS
> While I am not against giving him a more expressive face in general as I do want Spader's Performance to shine thru, I think they made it too Performance, which is what took away from his menace.
> Wasted and killed off Baron Strucker who was greatly casted.
> Little too much humor overall.
>>
Just watched it for the fifthish time last night. The first like 30 minutes are so good, but Ultron becomes this shallow thing that pulls the whole movie down.
From there there are different tonal shifts like the cabin and Visions birth where the movie is good again, but it never really gets its groove back.

Still though 7.5/10.
>>
>>77953709
>killing Quicksilver just for shock value, ruining his death scene with a witty one-liner

This made me decide not to watch it, fuck Whedon for bending over to Fox.
>>
>>77953582
Yes.
>>
They made Ultron out to be an imposing and serious villain the trailers, and his introduction scene lived up to it, but in the next he's full on Quiptron 2000. It was a huge disappointment and not very engaging or intimidating.

I kind of liked the idea of Ultron being an evil Tony, but it was executed badly.

Also BW/Hulk sucked ass. Why not build on further on the relationships we've already seen flourish in Avengers and WS? Cap and Widow, Widow and Hawkeye, Tony and Bruce?
>>
>>77955251
>Cap and Widow, Widow and Hawkeye, Tony and Bruce?

But those were explored.
>>
>>77953315

It tries to do too much, then when it proves to be too much for a two-hour movie, they cut the wrong parts of the movie out.

It's got a few good ideas but everything that connects them is so slipshod that the whole movie feels like a hot mess.

I genuinely love the party scenes, anything with Paul Bettany as Vision and the farmhouse scenes, minus Hulk and Black Widow's.... thing though
>>
Watched the deleted scenes. Literally all it took to make the Banner/Natasha storyline good was ten additional seconds. Dammit, Joss.
>>
>>77955251
Who gives a fuck other than shippers tho?
Their relationship served a narrative purpose that you can either like or dislike the writing of, but I don't see why anyone cares who ends up with who.
>>
>>77955316
>>77955444
If there had been any sort of chemistry between BW and Bruce the audience probably wouldn't have been bothered by it. But it was incredibly boring and felt very forced. They have no relationship whatsoever in Avengers, let alone any interaction that would make us believe BW has a soft spot for Bruce and vice versa.

It comes out of nowhere and the time spent on it could have been used much better. Why not have some more scenes with Tony and Cap being friendly when that is going to be a major point in CW? I'm fairly sure BW and Hulk romance is never going to be mentioned again or have any importance.
>>
>>77954945
CONS
> Why did Black Widow consider herself a monster because she can't have children? Is that really the worst thing Joss Sweden could think of.
>>
>>77955594
>They have no relationship whatsoever in Avengers, let alone any interaction that would make us believe BW has a soft spot for Bruce and vice versa.

That's not really true, they clearly build a rapport there.
>>
I'm just still pissed about Strucker.
>>
>>77955646
That isn't the reason she thinks she is a monster, she thinks she is one because of all the horrible inhuman things done to her to morph/mold her into being a assassin.
>>
It ignored all of the character development that happened in Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2. Tony literally went right back to being Iron Man and building a legion of suits, Nick Fury went back to having his eyepatch and commanding a helicarrier with an embarrassing shoe horned action scene thrown in, and Steve just rehashed his moral dilemma from Winter Soldier, with this time Tony trying to preemptively stop bad things before they happen at the expense of his humanity

We saw Steve "last dance" thing rehashed, Tony's anxiety and fear of the alien invasion rehashed almost immediately after he just got over it in the last movie, we saw Banner go back to square one losing control and rampaging through a city instead of gaining more control over the Hulk.

The only ones to develop were Black Widow and Hawkeye, and personally, I deeply dislike both of their particular interpretations in these movies. Especially Hawkeye
>>
Thumbs down. Huge disappointment. Joss tricked me. He said he went back to watch Godfather 2 and Empire Strikes Back to prep himself for a great sequel. He talked about how it was going to be a much more painful movie. I saw that first trailer and I believed it was going to be great. Then the first scene of trouble came. That TV spot with Ultron cracking a joke. But I still had hope. Then I saw the movie.

I wish I could describe the disappointment.
>>
>>77955594
>They have no relationship whatsoever in Avengers, let alone any interaction that would make us believe BW has a soft spot for Bruce and vice versa.

I think you need to rewatch Avengers, shipfag.
>>
>>77955646
She was talking about how she was raised to only be a killer, they cut out her uterus or whatever so she could never be distracted by a child. She said something about how a child would be the one thing to be more important than the mission, so they eliminated that possibility. It was still poorly written, but it was pretty clear she wasn't saying her inability to have children made her a monster, rather she was made into a killing machine and her inability to have children is evidence of that. Banner said he could never have kids because he's a monster, she said she is too.
>>
File: You're getting hobo shit.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
You're getting hobo shit.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
NO MORE GOOD MARVEL STUDIO MOVIES
>>
File: Under-Siege.jpg (95KB, 400x603px) Image search: [Google]
Under-Siege.jpg
95KB, 400x603px
>>77955852
Should have been the Avengers versus the Masters of Evil
>>
There are so many great things you could do with Ultron, he can replicate himself to infinity, he can take over the internet, infiltrate Tony's suits, destroy all technology. The plan he eventually ends up going with is completely retarded.

The bad:
>Too much shit lumped into one movie
>Ultron not intimidating and has retarded plan
>BW/Hulk out of nowhere
>Hawkeye characterization in general
>None of Tony's progress in IM3 is relevant
>Everyone forgives Tony for being cunt
>Too many one liners and characters being inappropriately quippy.

The good:
>Interaction between Tony and Cap
>Avengers party and introduction of Ultron
>Iron Man Vs Hulk
>Vision

Didn't care for Wanda or Quicksilver and the movie didn't want me to. How much screen time did they even have? 10 minutes?
>>
Why would he only have 1 good body at a time
Why would he waste a good armor body just to scare widow
>>
>>77955896
Not that anon, but where is it? BW brought Hulk in, but they didn't seem particularly close. They don't interact one-on-one until scene where Bruce Hulks out and tries to attack Widow.

I think it's kind of obvious BW was set up to be romantically involved with Hawkeye, but that was discarded for some reason. Hawkeye having a family and living in a farm house was also shit imo.
>>
>>77955826
Steve's existential crisis is different from the very fact that he's in a different place in his life than he was in WS. You can argue that WS didn't even allow him to make the decision for himself of whether or not he wanted to be a soldier anymore, since it became 'it's not you, it's the people that you take orders from'.

Tony got over his PTSD but show me a scene where he got over the threat of another invasion. His answer to his issues was to rely more on other people, Pepper and subsequently the Avengers but in AoU he realizes it isn't enough, ir go Ultron.
>>
>>77953315
http://strawpoll.me/6188933
>>
>>77953315
Good riddance Joss
>>
>>77953315
Same flaws of ASM2. It's a movie that probably would have benefited greatly if it WASN'T trying to be like a comic book, because then it focuses too much on what people THINK a comic book should be like and undermines what the actual source material is

>Making Ultron an inconsistant quipster rather than any of his actual iterations of the comic which ranged from purely goofy or purely terrifying
>Focusing on one liners instead of meaningful dialog that moved the story forward
>Worked way to hard on setting up future movies without really being necessary at the same time
>>
>>77953451
>which makes it strange that people blindly accept shitty editing these days

Except if it's Failt4astic Four. People prejudged the hell out of it, and while they were right, they were quicker to point it out, where people biasly sweep the flaws of AoU under the rug
>>
>>77955030
>Blaming Fox for something Whedon did on his own volition

I hope you're not one of those faggots that blames Fox when Marvel makes shit comics.
>>
>>77953315
why does tony have a fro?
>>
If you told me five years ago that Paul Bettany would not only be in a comic book movie, but also be very good, I would have laughed in your face.

He's a good Vision, and if CW has the same tone as WS, we have a lot to be excited about.
>>
>>77954945
>Good to great action.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>77957084
Kek.
>>
>>77954423
It would have been more interesting to show a short fight between Ultron and an enraged Wanda.
And its kind of odd that there's no real follow up on Pietro's death. The ending of the film is just quips about elevators when it needed a proper epilogue.
>>
>>77954515
Well maybe he did, but he's the villain of the movie and wants to destroy earth. All of the Avengers kill their enemies.

How is Tony burning terrorists alive with flamethrowers less bad than Wanda ripping out the 'heart' of an evil AI? We can't know if those terrorists were all 100% evil, they were probably good people once, maybe had family, kids, moms and dads. They most definitely felt pain.

If you can excuse killing actual humans by burning them alive, ripping out the heart of an AI in a robot body is nothing. .
>>
Giant waste of greatly-casted Strucker literally no reason.
>>
I liked it. There are some great scenes. I like the opening battle, the Hulkbuster fight, the final slow-mo battle against all the drones and I love Vision's final conversation with Ultron about humanity.
The humor never bothered me one bit and Ultron acting very human was a good call and he's got Tony's brain waves, of course he'll be quippy.
I like Widow trying to be both a calming presence for Hulk and a love interest for Banner. Those two are the most psychologically damaged of the group so it makes sense that they sort of sought comfort in each other.

I will say that, over all, the plot was just another setting-up-for-the-other-movies entry like Iron Man 2, where the first Avengers felt like the end cap to a storyline, AoU was just another sequel.
>>
>>77957665
The lack of Pietro's death feeling like a big deal is why I'm certain we'll see him in a hospital bed and/or healing chamber at some point.
>>
>>77953315
It really isn't good, but it was from Marvel Studios, so it got a pass I guess.
>>
I feel like I'm the only one who liked it more than the first movie. Didn't like it that much overall though.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.