[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but Dr. McNinja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-12-04-31p52.jpg (344KB, 792x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-04-31p52.jpg
344KB, 792x1152px
I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but Dr. McNinja has become shit.

It's got a pretty great morally ambiguous hero, and a similarly morally ambiguous villain, both of them a lot of fun to watch and follow and get invested in. Unfortunately, they absolutely don't work well with each other: either McNinja would need a genuinely evil villain, or King Radical would require a legitimately good and just hero.

At this point, the hero pretty much really has become the villain: he's got no real reason to stop King Radical, who in turn is, despite some ambiguous motives and the occasional villainous means, at the end of the day basically helping everyone and making the world a better place.

The "hero", ladies and gentlemen, has summoned an unambiguously vile unicorn demon just so he could get his stupid personal vendetta done with. All the wacky zany shenanigans can no longer keep me with the story. I'm done.
>>
King Radical was enacting a plan that would kill billions of boring people to replace them with awesome creatures from his homeland. He most certainly is a villain.
>>
>>77924399
Still better than Sparklelord, who would destroy both worlds and rule what's left with an iron fist. Besides, going by how Sparklelord can now manifest his true form in this world, I'm not sure there'd be even that many boring people left around anyway, but that's admittedly largely baseless theorizing.
>>
I never even read a page of this, but I think you worded your criticism poorly: it seems you're criticizing the comic because it can't follow the traditional story structure of "identify-with-hero-root-against-villain", and in no way you can do either of those two things.

Which would seem to me like a way one approaches a TRADITIONAL story and not a story made to go outside of these standard boundaries, like this seems to be.

Seriously, it sounds like you're saying "this isn't a default good vs evil story, fucking dropped."
>>
>>77924420
Doc has always been stupid when it comes to Radical. Bringing in Sparklelord and giving up his name are major fuckups. But he was right in wanting to stop Radical. King Radical is a genocidal lunatic.
>>
>>77924420
You should continue reading it to know what will happen, instead of doing baseless assunptions.

Really, this kind of shock and surprise should be common for people who engage on any media.
>>
>I love this villain
>How dare he does evil things

I bet you're an Azulafag too.
>>
>>77924341
This is the FINAL chapter. Jesus, fucking read the damn thing and see how it ends.
>>
>>77924502
I am perfectly fine with morally grey stories where you're not really sure who is the good guy and who isn't, but for the most part this comic has been fairly black and white, with McNinja on the slightly grey at worst camp and his foes almost entirely black with little to redeem themselves with. Its appeal has been its humor and absolutely over-the-top action, that can make even the most classic story worth reading through and having fun with.

Not anymore, though.

The one thing a good story, whether black and white or grey throughout, needs, is for its protagonist to be at least mostly identifiable, that you could understand his struggles and see where he's coming from and more or less root for him. By unleashing Sparklelord, McNinja has entirely lost this. I don't root for him anymore. I root for the villain, who I'm pretty sure will lose in the end. Few things can kill the story better than that.
>>
>>77924601

Doc doesn't know anything about Sparklelord other than what he's been told by Radical, who also told him that Sparklelord was completely correct in asserting Doc could never stop Radical without the unicorns help. The exposition we've seen into Radical's past, which drives home the fact Radical is certainly the lesser of two evils, is something Doc isn't privy to.

And Radical rubbing in that Doc couldn't stop him proved absolutely true. Doc was outsmarted and defeated by King Radical, left with no recourse whole his adversary was literally rocketing into the sky towards total victory. Which would mean the deaths of literally billions of people on Earth.

It is completely reasonable that under those circumstances, with no other options, that Doc would bring in the only force who even had a chance of stopping Radical.
>>
>>77924708

And how would you like the comic to wrap up? Obviously Doc and Radical are going to have to team up to stop Sparklelord and you'll be left with exactly the kind of morally ambiguous wrap up you seem to want anyway.
>>
>>77924601
He lost it a while ago for me, though I can't quite place exactly when. I really don't get the impression he cares about all the boring people on the planet any more than Radical does, all he cares about is stopping him.
>>
It annoys me that the Doctor part of the name has become completely irrelevant. The Irish part too. Hes basically just a regular ninja now. Hope Dan and Mitzi are proud.
>>
>>77925325
They aren't. They're more proud of Old McNinja.
>>
>>77925425
Yeah, but if they knew everything of what's been going on lately, they'd be proud of Patrick too.

But speaking of Old, I'm more looking forward to him kicking that ghost wizard's ass than to anything to do with King Radical.
>>
>>77925425
Wasn't Old working for Radical though?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure they would be against Radial's plan either.
>>
>>77925525
They'd be all for it. Even McNinja Prime probably would be if he just stopped to think of the fucking thing for a second instead of fucking shit up even worse.
>>
>>77925525
They really don't care. They only helped take down Radical's robot town because the President was paying them to do so. Dan and Mitzi are mercenary as fuck.
>>
>>77925553
He's a doctor. Do no harm. He can't stand by and let billions of people die. You seem to be forgetting that fact.
>>
>>77925581
He himself forgets it plenty when he's out harming people.
>>
>>77925617

being batman is hard
>>
The point is humor not justice
>>
>>77926701
Yeah, well, there's no more humor in this either.
>>
>>77926719
But that's wrong.
>>
>>77926732
Read through the last five pages and tell me what is humorous about them.

Hell, read through starting from McNinja getting dumped back home and tell me what's humorous about anything that's happened since.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.