[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snow White coming to Blu-ray, part of the new Walt Disney Signature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: Snow-White1.jpg (157KB, 1110x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Snow-White1.jpg
157KB, 1110x1296px
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/disneys-snow-white-is-coming-soon-to-digital-171903670.html

>Blu-ray
>Commentary by Walt Disney
>Alternate scenes

DIAMOND EDITION ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
Wait I thought we were up to platinum.
>>
Is this going to be one of those things where the new art looks worse?
>>
>>77870229
They've been releasing under Diamond, Aladdin Diamond Edition just came out a few weeks ago.
>>
>>77870067
>bland heroine
>even more bland prince
>entire world populated by 4 adults
No thank you.
>>
>>77870257
disney last year had reported that they had archived all their films in 4k. so these are most likely 4k editions. or at least very crisp 1080p
>>
>>77870067
>>Commentary by Walt Disney
???????
>>
>>77875522
They already did this in the last blu-ray for Snow White. Two film historians talk through the movie and occasionally they have archived audio from Walt and others.
>>
>>77870969
>I have no fucking idea about the history of animation and how the whole future of animated movies would depend on this movie's success
>>
>>77870969
The small cast is because it's supposed to emulate the popular stage play versions Walt grew up with. I think its charming.
>>
>>77876605
also, she's 14.
>>
>new Walt Disney Signature Collection
They better not fuck it up this time.
>>
File: 73790_front.jpg (3MB, 1627x2053px) Image search: [Google]
73790_front.jpg
3MB, 1627x2053px
>>77870067
At least the evil queen looks antagonistic and menacing. The cover doesn't look like an animated Twilight
>>
>>77870067
>inb4 its filtered to hell and back
>>
>>77876603
any articles about that? sounds like you're overreacting with the "future of animation depended on snow white" bit.
>>
>>77870067
but will it look good and not filtered like the recent blu ray releases?
>>
>>77879605
dude it was the first animated movie ever, if the audience would have hated it they wouldn't have made more, obvious isn't it?
they had to make the most safe movie possible
>>
>>77870067

All they need to do is rescan the original negatives, & MAYBE do some color correction to it.

What they WILL do is just upscale a DD version, add gausian blur to it in potoshop, & call it a day.
>>
protip : blue ray is going to be obsolete in abouta year thanks to the new wave of flash cards that offer more space and faster access time on any non proprietary system, unlike Sony's.
Keep your money.
>>
I hope more information about the digital transfer comes out soon. It better not be like their other BDs and just be slathered with so much DNR that it belongs with Madame Tussaud.

But the Walt Disney commentary interests me, especially since it would have had to have been something recorded before his death in 1966, well before the concept of film commentaries became a thing. My guess is that it'll be audio soundbytes of Disney talking about the film's production or other bits or trivia, culled together from various sources and edited to synchronize with whatever is going on on-screen.

>>77879890
You say that, but that's what they said about VHS when DVD first came out, and VHS survived for several years. Hell, Blu-ray has been out for years too, and DVD sales are still just as strong as ever.
>>
>>77879890
>I'm stupid enough to think people will instantly drop the current standard and move to a completely new standard without a drawn out period while people abandon their 1000$ bluray players in exchange for flash card slots
Nigga you are dumb as shit
>>
>>77879605
First ever full length animated feature film. People thought Disney was nuts for doing anything other than more five minute funny animal shorts, he bet the farm on that movie and had everything to lose. It's enormous success is part of the reason why America automatically thinks of any animated film as in the Disney mould. This thing was one of the highest grossing movies of the day, back when people actually watched movies daily. It was a very big deal. They gave it a fucking honorary Oscar with seven little dwarf Oscars to go along with it.
>>
>>77879890
>protip: blu ray is already becoming obsolete because every company is shoving their shitty digital downloads down people's throats. Physical media will be dead within the next five years. Keep your money.
Fixed that for ya.
>>
>>77879750
>>77881902

>no sources cited

top kek
>>
>>77880045
Disney doesn't use the bad Photoshop filters on the HD masters for the movies they give a shit about.

I'm not as obsessive to detail to catch onto most DNR errors in motion, so there probably is some, but a Sword in the Stone-tier bad job usually doesn't affect the "Disney Vault" club of movies.
>>
>>77885039
He's your fucking source faggot, I've known all this shit since I was five years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-QaPlTd-M
>>
>>77879813
They already released Snow White on Blu early in the format's lifespan. In all likelyhood, it's the same transfer, but with new extra features because Disney loves them the Double Dip.
>>
>>77885039
>being this retarded

/wow/
>>
>>77879750
>>77881902
Not saying it wasn't revolutionary, but it wasn't the first feature lenght animated film, but the ninth.
>>
>>77885154
They don't care about the little mermaid?
>>
>>77885432
Prince Achmed and that lost Argentinian movie are two movies, not nine.
>>
>>77885495
You mean the editing fuck up they caught early on and offered free replacement discs for people who got that first production run of it.
>>
>>77885529
There are three argentinian movies, Prince Achmed, The Tale of The Fox, The New Gulliver (altough with some live action), an italian Pinocchio, and The Seven Ravens:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_before_1940
>>
>>77871994
He means are they going to redraw everything
And the answer is probably.
>>
File: 1348769854000.png (436KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
1348769854000.png
436KB, 800x597px
>>77879605
>>
>>77876605
I think I see your point of view. Totally makes sense.

Still don't like the movie though.
>>
>>77870067
>Commentary by Walt Disney
they unfroze him?
>>
>>77880163
Blu-ray hasn't even become the current standard. There's a reason so many movies bundle the Bluray and DVD together.
>>
>>77890006
Probably Archive audio mixed with transcripts of story meetings read by Corey Burton doing a mediocre Walt impression.

They did the same thing with the Bambi DVD/Blu commentary.
>>
File: Walt Disneyab.jpg (226KB, 986x986px) Image search: [Google]
Walt Disneyab.jpg
226KB, 986x986px
>>77870067
The Diamond Edition had all that and more.Nothing to see here unless you wanna get it on "digital" so you can watch in on your phone while taking a shit in the bathroom

>>77876444
>>77876444
Trips don't lie!
>>
File: 1412290746858.png (22KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1412290746858.png
22KB, 530x444px
>>77879890
In about 10 years once physical copies of movies are a thing of the past and everything is done online or OnDemand, and Hollywood no longer lets you buy your own copy of the movie and instead only lets you rent them for a 24 hour period for $14.99, people are really going to regret being too lazy to keep physical media around
>>
>>77878442
Well yeah, that release was all about shilling the live-action Maleficent movie, of course they nerfed Maleficent's menace.
>>
>>77891578
Disney's also been recycling their "Make you upgrade to Blu by putting all the good extras there" gambit somewhat with their Disney Movies Anywhere service, shifting a handful of extras as streaming exclusives

Pissed me off how they did that with both the extended 1964 World's Fair sequences from Tomorrowland.
>>
File: Alyson Michalkaa 391a.jpg (81KB, 1333x618px) Image search: [Google]
Alyson Michalkaa 391a.jpg
81KB, 1333x618px
>>77884245

>Be me
>Buy a season of a show on amazon
>They let you stream it on amazon or download it onto one device
>Laptop with show gets fucked up
>Go to site to stream show I payed for but can't
>Get an error message saying that their licence with the studio for that show is expired
>They can't do anything but offer me my money back
>I tell them
I don't want the money back! I gave you the money because I wanted the show/Movie. I want the movie
>Amazon says sorry their really isn't any thing we can do once we lose the rights to stream it on our website from the Studio

I can just imagine people pissed the fuck off in a few years when they can't play the Disney streaming films they payed over $30 for on shit sites like iTunes and amazon. They'll get their money back for what they payed for Snow White but they wont own the film anymore.

This digital shit smells like a scam for studios to have more control over their content.
>>
>>77891725
This
>>
Does anyone know what the scheduled Diamond Editions are for 2016? Disney always releases two a year.

I think Pinocchio is the first release but I haven't heard anything about the second.
>>
>>77887425
Redraw is inaccurate, runs it through a shitty photoshop filter is more likely and unfortunate.

>>77893398
This is really fucked. I've just started playing with the Amazon Prime subscription stuff and this is really good to keep in mind.
>>
>>77893398
Get into pirating in the first place. Let's starve Disney and amazon
>>
>>77893475
Signature's replacing them all together I think.
>>
File: Walt Disneyze.jpg (149KB, 1600x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Walt Disneyze.jpg
149KB, 1600x1089px
>>77893718
I think the ones with Walt Disneys actual signature on them will only include films Walt personally worked on or at least films that were made before his death.
Stuff like Lion King, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast probably wont be re-released with the Signature logo. Than again if they do well and Disney gets greedy who knows what they'll do.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.