[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't tell if this show is meant to appeal to kids,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: jrukfukjzehsxfbwxzvv.jpg (408KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
jrukfukjzehsxfbwxzvv.jpg
408KB, 960x800px
I can't tell if this show is meant to appeal to kids, or teenage stoners
>>
Both.

It's stoner comedy that's been bowdlerized so it's appropriate for a child audience.

Some exec at CN saw "Two in the AM/PM" and said "holy shit, I want this, but you know, for the kids."
>>
>>77823953
>tacogirl.png
>>
File: This image makes me ill.png (484KB, 673x740px) Image search: [Google]
This image makes me ill.png
484KB, 673x740px
>>77824021
You mean this abomination?
>>
>>77824137
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m
>>
File: taco girl.jpg (55KB, 625x430px) Image search: [Google]
taco girl.jpg
55KB, 625x430px
>>77824137
No I would punch her in the box though
>>
I've seen little kids watching it, I think the show is vicariously living early adulthood for them.
>>
>>77824163

I wonder how t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m is doing these days. Maybe went on to be a successful business woman or something.
>>
>>77823985
iirc they pitched it to adult swim and couldnt get it, so settled for CN
for a little while they got away with a lot more, and (gasp) the world didn't end.. but it was retroactively censored anyway. why this is allowed i don't know
>>
>>77825888
I didn't know Adult Swim rejected pitches
>>
What ever happened to that goat dude
>>
>>77826093
Considering that some of the shows that have aired in the past were absolute dogshit, I'm kind of scared of finding out what shows they did end up rejecting.
>>
Only children who idolize adulthood would think Mordecai and Rigby are cool. Plus they can tolerate the crushing repetitiveness of the show.

I hate how RS got censored into nothingness, but it didn't have much going for it in the first place. Adult Swim was right to reject it. Two slackers booze and smoke and cruise for pussy and sometimes supernatural stuff happens to make it less boring, woooo.
>>
>>77826093
They rejected Neon Kome and CN picked it up as The Problem Solverz
also they rejected Ubermansion despite it winning a vote on AS's website
and they rejected Korgoth
and hellbenders
>>
>>77826842
I don't think Mordecai and Rigby are supposed to be cool.
>>
>>77826093
>>77826488
They nearly picked up Brickleberry until Daniel Tosh got CC to pick it up
>>
>>77826869
If Problem Solverz is even slightly similar to how Neon Kome was meant to be, then AS made the right call.
>>
>>77826902
I figure they're supposed to be ironically cool? With the high-powered car chases and the wrestling personas and the Nintendo Power mecha battles and all that. The show is always blurring the line between "losers living out nostalgic fantasies" and "cool dudes doing legit epic shit". The latter interpretation attracts the 10 year old boys who are the prime demo. They have to take it seriously or I don't think the show would still be running.
>>
The pitch short Quintel made was about two clerks at a convenience store getting high and seeing themselves as the bird and the gumball machine. It was heavily inspired by Clerks and the likes.
I think the current Regular Show doesn't appeal to stoners as much as to 90's and 80's nostalgia drones, though.
The power glove, Nintendo, Laserdisc and shit are constantly important plot points.
>>
both
anyway, this show is so formulaic
but i still love it anyway
except hte love triangle episodes
the PG-V rated episodes are usually the best (Duck Crisis, Steak Me, Every Meat Burritos)
>>
>>77823953
Neither. It's for 30 somethings who want to nostalgia about the 80s.
>>
>>77823953
It was meant for teenagers during the first two seasons, but as time went on it became more popular with children. Therefore, the dirty jokes were cut down. They even censored any TV airings of the old seasons that have sucks, piss, or crap spoken in them.

Which is funny, because Hey Arnold had Helga belt the word crap several times, and that was a Y7.
>>
File: Guy.jpg (39KB, 628x353px) Image search: [Google]
Guy.jpg
39KB, 628x353px
>>77827379
Then where's the New Jack Swing themed episode?
>>
>>77827471
Is there a leak for Crazy plan!?
>>
>>77827436
Nickelodeon also aired Ren & Stimpy. The standards on modern CN are surprisingly Puritannical. Although guns, extras dying by the dozen, and "soda" are apparently ok. It's like they think kids are stupid and can't pick up on anything that's not easily repeatable. Or maybe it's the parents who are that stupid.
>>
>>77827681
Isn't that weird?

>>77827602
What?
>>
>>77827900
Leak for crazy fake plan?
>>
>>77828011
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>77826869
Adult Swim has some pretty shit taste.
If Chris O'Neil and Zach Hadel's descriptions of how trying to pitch a show to them is any indication, then it's no wonder they only have a handful of good shows going.
Apparently it's just a bunch of old people trying too hard to be really hip and "with it".
>>
>>77829322
>Chris O'Neil and Zach Hadel's descriptions of how trying to pitch a show to them

Where can I read these?
>>
>>77826869
>and they rejected Korgoth
To be fair, it was actually animated so it may have been too high budget for the block
though AS gets similar ratings to CN, but I guess they can;t show the shows they paid money for at all hours
>>
>>77826949
Probably for the best, as it's a shit ripoff of a shit show
>>
>>77823953
CN only makes shows for stoners now.
>>
>>77823953
I don't think it even works for stoners anymore. It's lost that weird value that made it feel like stoner comedy, now it's just vague 80's references and soap opera relationshits.
>>
>>77827681
I kinda love how absurdly cruel are the deaths of some of the extras.

>No! I'm the victim here! You're the one who hit on my wife! I was just playing with my kids!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiViiubjLDM
>>
>>77838584
I had a job like that once. Good memories.
>>
>>77824163
Makes me mad every time.
>>
>>77823953
something about the stores,malls, and restaurants in this world appeal to me.
>>
>>77827602
>>77828011
FUCK OFF BRANDON
UCK OFF BRANDON
CK OFF BRANDON
K OFF BRANDON
OFF BRANDON
FF BRANDON
F BRANDON
BRANDON
RANDON
ANDON
NDON
DON
ON
N
>>
>>77824920
I think she's on Know Your Meme now.
>>
>>77838914
So I guess the "successful" bit is not applicable, then.
>>
>>77824163
Didn't there used to be a similar copypasta where a girl tells a story about meeting and kissing Sasuke?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGwz_suzP0s
>>
>>77824137
Loss
>>
>>77829678
It's in one of the sleepycast. I can't remember which. I think it was before episode 15
>>
It can appeal to more than one kind of person, OP. I like to think it was targeted at a combination of kids who like wacky shit and 80's folk.
>>
>>77823953
Its shit either way
>>
>>77841633
Oh my god I kinda see it...
/co/ what the fuck have you done to me?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.