[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One of the worst MARVEL events. >Russos turning it into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 18

File: cw.png (3MB, 1600x2051px) Image search: [Google]
cw.png
3MB, 1600x2051px
>One of the worst MARVEL events.
>Russos turning it into one of the best MARVEL movies.

Truly a great time to be alive.
>>
Oh my god people, please stop hailing Russos as gods just because they made ONE decent movie.

People said the say thing about Whedon when he made Avengers.

Watch how people will turn on the Russos after they flop CW
>>
>>77773895
You shouldn't really get offended m8

I'm hoping for BvS to do well also.
>>
>>77773895
I mean, people say that about Snyder and he hasn't even made one good Superman movie yet.
>>
>>77773924
I agree with this guy. >>77773895 Why can't you enjoy things ayynon? There are like tons of good movies coming out in 2016. Just chill.
>>
>>77773924
>BvS
>Snyder
there we go
Mods, delete the thread. No good will come from this discussion.
>>
>>77773822
>One of the worst MARVEL events.
This meme needs to fucking die already. Civil War was a great event at the time, the only problem is that marvel decided to run the whole hero vs hero thing into the ground afterwards.
>>
>>77773822
C'mon, i'm a huge MCU fag, but there's no way this movie isn't going to be overcrowded as fuck. They have to introduce Zemo, Black Panther, Spiderman, Martin Freemans character to the audience and Ant-Man to the rest of the cinematic universe. Why do you think they held onto this trailer for so long?
>>
>>77773992
It was great until the last act. Not after.
>>
>>77773992
It made events a normie thing and to only pull in the casual audience.
When notable events from both sides were more sparingly used, instead of now yearly things.
>>
>>77773822
Don't get your hopes up, it's just another forgettable flick like every other Marvel flick.
>>
>>77774017
Oh, and not to forget that the entire registration thing might even be a sideplot that's shoved in so that they were able to call it Civil War.
>>
>>77773822
Can some one explain to me what`s the deal with making these pic like OP did. I saw it being done to BvS trailers and i still don`t know the reason for it.
>>
>>77773992
>Civil War was a great event at the time
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>77774017
They did it pretty fucking well with TWS
How many villains were there? Last time I counted it was 5-7. And they kept tying past characters/villains from different movies.

We're at a time where we don't need OC donut steel characters to pad up a capeflick and people are bitching still.
>>
File: 1446073616016.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446073616016.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>no spidey yet
>>
>>77774113
>How many villains were there? Last time I counted it was 5-7
Hydra is one villain, nigga.
>>
>>77773822
>>77773949

I like your attitudes, anons. I'll admit I've become really disillusioned with /co these last few years, but you guys give me hope (along with Flash talkbacks) that fun is still alive here.
>>
>>77774094
It's a cinematography thing.
It's taking the whole trailer/movie and splitting it up into parts, all divided equally I believe, with it's running time. And screenshots during each part.

It's to see what kind of vision the director had, or if they had little at all.
Someone might have The Avengers and it's quite horrible looking.
>>
Man, RDJ is looking OLD compared to his first appearance as Iron Mang.

Also, Chris Evan's hunky arms are amazing in that last panel.
>>
>>77774037
>It made events a normie thing
You say that like it's a bad thing. this whole "Muh sekret klub" thing you fags keep perpetuating is part of the reason comics are a dying medium. As such publishers feel the need to continue to try stupid stuff in order to attract new readers.
>>
>>77774113
Did you even watch TWS there was only one Hydra. The individuals didnt matter when they all worked as one.
>>
>>77774113
Ok, fair point. Still, a lot of those characters were very minor like Balrog and Crossbones and were connected to one single plot line. This seems a little different with Bucky-plot, Hydra-plot and Registration-plot, plus most of the characters there being pretty important for Marvel to introduce. But i admit, you just gave me some hope.
>>
File: Tony_stark_iron_man.png (286KB, 465x439px) Image search: [Google]
Tony_stark_iron_man.png
286KB, 465x439px
>>77774180
>>
>>77774037
>When notable events from both sides were more sparingly used, instead of now yearly things
That's a reflection of the stupidity of the publisher not the quality of this particular story.
>>
>>77773822
>One of the best MARVEL events.
>Russos turning it into one of the best MARVEL movies.

FTFY
>>
>>77774143
I was thinking of that joke. But here's a rundown.

Batroc
Winter Soldier
Crossbones
Zola
Pierce
That Senator from IM2

Hydra makes it seven.
I don't believe I'm forgetting any.
>>
>>77773992
Civil War is a good idea that Millar shat all over with his inability to write interesting dialogue. He's somewhat Frank Millerian in that he just smears his political views across what he writes.
>>
>>77773992
>Spider-Man forced to take his mask of just to add hype to the event, something he NEVER would have done based on who he is and how much he worries about harming his loved ones
>Tony turned into a fucking Nazi who imprisons people in the Negative Zone for life if they don't sign the Act
>the entire issue of heroes inadvertently murdering innocent bystanders somehow never brought up before then, suddenly with this event it's a thing

Please. It was kinda fun at times and had its moments, but the entire premise was retarded.
>>
>>77774273
Those were minor characters that didn't need any backstory. Black Panther, Spider-Man and Zemo are major characters that are getting shoehorned into this movie for no reason at all.
>>
>>77774184
I think he's talking about how events happen every year.
instead of building it up properly, there has to be a summer event to go with a movie release or something
>>
>>77774185
Do you even know how movies work?
Doesn't matter if it came from the same thread. Characters still need developed.

Might as well say that Star Wars only had one villain and that's the Empire.
>>
>>77774118
you had your 5 movies and fucked em up, time to move on.
>>
>>77774316
>but the entire premise was retarded.
No, the premise was fantastic and Tony was right. What was retarded what the things you list, which aren't the premise they are failures of writing.
>>
>>77774273
but there was no need to explain their background and motivations.
>what's this bad guys deal?
>he's Hydra
>oh, okay then
>>
>>77774316
>he entire issue of heroes inadvertently murdering innocent bystanders somehow never brought up before then, suddenly with this event it's a thing
I'm guessing you've never heard of the X-men before. Thats ok new friend due to legal reasons they are not a part of the MCU movies that you enjoy so much.
>>
>>77774322
>Zemo
>Just like Barron Strucker got a back story
>>
>>77774336
>Might as well say that Star Wars only had one villain and that's the Empire.
so are we now counting each stormtrooper as a character? Minions don't count as "characters", anon.
>>
>>77774322
I feel Spidey is going to be the easiest, as he's the most well known. And with him they'll probably do less, with it being more. Civil War will just be sprinkled with Spidey flakes.
It won't be heavy coated.
>>
>>77774386
>No, the premise was fantastic and Tony was wrong
FTFY
>>
>>77774336
Do you? You clearly dont. Im hoping they explain why Black Panther and Spiderman are there on top of what the team is slipt like they are. But to be honest im expecting a talkfest like the last couple of movies.
>>
>>77774427
I was thinking of Tarkin and Vader as the main two from the first movie.
I mean you could throw in Greedo and a few sandpeople.
>>
>>77774481
>one of the most overused memes for Spidey is
>SPIDERMAN OUTTA FUCKING NOWHERE

>and they somehow need to explain this
>when it's been decades on decades that Marvel will throw Spidey into a different comic to bring up sales

senpai baka desu
>>
>>77774526
Were not talking comics, im talking movies. Why is spiderman there.
>>
>>77774202
>Balrog

Batroc?
>>
>>77774597
Because fans demanded it.

I really hope you don't expect him to go into a full monologue about his time with Sony, the near bankruptcy of the 90s and where they're at now.

That's Deadpool's shtick of breaking the fourth wall.
>>
>>77774481
Black Panther is probably hunting Bucky for an assassination in Wakanda, he will be the turncoat though
>>
>>77774597
Because for some reason people still want to see him even after 3 horrible movies.
>>
>>77774597
Why wouldn't spider-man be there? He is an active superhero with powers so like it or not he has a dog in this fight. It would make less sense for shield to ignore him and only target this heroes we have seen so far in other movies.
>>
File: 1408241218883[1].jpg (88KB, 912x317px) Image search: [Google]
1408241218883[1].jpg
88KB, 912x317px
>You will live to possibly see a Giant-man/Spider-man fight
>>
>>77773895
>Oh my god people, please stop hailing Russos as gods just because they made ONE decent movie.
*shrugs* I'm doing it more because I saw the Midas touch they laid upon Arrested Development and Community. TWS was a cherry on top.
>>
>>77773924
>>77773934
>>77773949

You're getting yourselves overhyped for a clusterfuck of a movie.
>>
>>77773992
Were you even here when Civil War was running?
>>
>>77775091
>Were you even here
Yes because 4chan is totally representative of how the entire fucking world feels about a single story.

You do realize people read comic books outside of /co/ right?
>>
File: bvs cinematography.jpg (3MB, 5760x4896px) Image search: [Google]
bvs cinematography.jpg
3MB, 5760x4896px
>>77773822
Pfft.
>>
>>77775363
CW looks better imo
>>
>>77775447
Think you need to get your eyes checked.
>>
>>77775513
>Opinions
fagit
>>
>>77773822
aren't Marvel movies supposed to be colorful?
>>
>>77773822
>>77775363
>>77775447
>>77775513
>>77775528
All three look great and are awesome. enough of the this company vs company shitposting.
>>
>>77774699
*shrugs*
Maybe you should get back to Reddit? Maybe Tumblr?
*points towards the door*
>>
>>77775447
>CW looks better imo

KEK
BvS feels like titans are about to fight, from visuals to the soundtrack. Civil War doesn't look anywhere near as good as this.
>>
>>77775547
maybe you should go backto reddit? maybe tumblr? *fucks you in the ass*

faggot
>>
>>77774597
To be fair, if you actually read comics or even had any interest in the hobby you'd know Spidey played a major role in Marvel's terrible Civil War event.
>>
>>77775547
>*shrugs*
Maybe you should go to Reddit.
>>
>>77775160
The point is that this isn't some kind of new "meme". /co/ has hated that fucking event since it was running.
>>
>>77775547
>>77775587
Maybe you should stop samefagging.
>>
BvS feels like a bunch of people in front of a green screen. You can tell that there is a lot more practical effects work going on with CW.
>>
>>77775578
>>77775587
Heh... obviously... heh.... heh..... you didn't understand my point.... heh.... as expected, simple minded fools.....

*wicked psychopath smile*
Just as expected.... heh.... from Reddit...
*nods disrespectfully*
>>
>>77775160
>You do realize people read comic books outside of /co/ right?
Yes, and they have horrible taste, this has been true from the earliest days of comic book fandom.
>>
>>77775633
*smokes a cigarette and stays away from this embarrassment*
>>
>>77775623
the point is that it is a meme because the rest of the world enjoys that event. this is /co/ just trying to be different because something is "too popular" kind of like how most of /co/ shits all over batman even though is one of the most popular superheroes ever.
>>
>>77775562
While Civil War feels like it's out from a comic book. Panels are dynamic and everything.

BvS looks sterile. Out from an Alex Ross panel.
>>
>>77775674
But if you have any critical judgement you can see for yourself that Batman consistently has great stories written about him, while Civil War and everything related to it is completely shit. You do have critical judgement, right?
>>
>>77775654
Maybe so but they still have better taste than /co/
>>
>>77775630
That's why Man of Steel's action scenes are far above any Marvel movie's action scenes.
>>
>>77775363
i like the watchmen look
>>
>>77775701
Hard no on there even on current shithole /co/, nevemind prime /co/ when we had some seriously great creative people and a lot of heavy readers.
>>
>>77775700
>But if you have any critical judgement you can see for yourself that Batman consistently has great stories written about him,
Yes and yet /co/ shits on him anyway just because he is too popular for them to like. thats the only reason /co/ hates civil war too on it's own it's a good story.
>>
>>77775654
/co/ has pretty shit taste as well anon.
>>
>>77775680
>Civil War feels like it's out from a comic book
Yes, those comic accurate suits really make it seem like they popped out of the pages, right? And that small brawl in the airport looks exactly like the big scale fights in the actual comic, amirite?
>>
It looks pretty good.
I do hope not every fight takes place in a grey parking garage, grey airport or on grey rooftops.
>>
>>77775741
Again no. Civil War is objectively irredeemably shit, stop thinking in memes and maybe read a couple of comics books to get to a point where you can set your own standards, maybe read some real books too to create critical thinking.
>>
>>77775733
if you had any kind of critical judgement you would know that this entire statement is objectively false. /co/ only likes characters and stories until they reach a certain level of popularity then suddenly they hate them.
>>
If you are looking forward to CW, you should fuck off back to Reddit.
>>
>>77773895
>after they flop
Haha, how can THEY flop it? Marvel's buttfuck retarded insertion of Iron Hitler and friends isn't on them.
The Russos were going to do clean Cap stuff before Marvel realized they could milk the success of WS. They're just playing along with this since it's Marvel's properties at the end of the day.

But yeah it won't be as good as WS, or even that good on its own, before anyone thinks I'm debating that. I'm just wondering what idiot would assume Russos are anything like Whedon who smeared honey all over himself and was surprised when bees started swarming and stinging. Russos haven't done anything to provoke any kind of disdain. CW is not propping itself up to be anything remotely like the hype cloud of absurdity AoU was.
>>
>>77775769
I hope it takes place entirely on schools full of dead children and barely splotched grey backgrounds like the comic book five star classic.
>>
>>77775751
>Black Panther chase
>Steve holding a helicopter
>Team Cap team-up
>Tag Team beating up on Tony
>War Machine and Iron Man flying
>Dat Falcon kick
>>
>>77775771
>>77775771
again no civil war is objectively a good story you simply have bad taste. maybe read some good comics and you might be able to form a decent opinion some day.
>>
>>77775741
I thought /co/ hated it largely because it tried to pretend to be a morally ambiguous situation, then had Iron Man turn around and act like a straight-up villain. (which had to be explained away with a retcon a few months after the event ended)
>>
>>77775781
I don't give a shit about /co/, I personally believe your stupid bandwagoner contrarian /co/ lurker still has better taste than your average comic book reader or Tumblr lurker, but that's a separate point from Civil War being objectively shit. Also, please capitalize, and maybe read some comics books???
>>
>>77775817
New to this convo but no, while Civil War was a good idea, it had poor execution.
>>
>>77775705
Because they're CGI cartoons and there were no real sets used in the movie?
>>
>>77775848
The most impressive fight scene, Clark going sayian on those two armored kryptonians in front of a conveniently placed retail store, was filmed in front of a real conveniently placed retail store.
>>
>>77775705
Seems this faggot didn't watch Winter Soldier or Incredible Hulk.

Or Ant-Man.
Or Iron Man
>>
>>77775800
>Batman actually has a comic accurate suit
>Batman actually has a comic accurate mechsuit
>Superman actually has a comic accurate suit
>Wonder Woman actually has a comic accurate suit
>Snyder's visual skills actually makes fight scenes feel like fight scenes
DC hasn't shown many fight scenes from the movie, because they actually make decent trailers without revealing much
>>
>>77775899
Iron-Man barely had any action, Hulk was a complete shitfest, from the military scenes, to backflipping Blosnky operator and the two cheap CGI freaks going at it for 1 minute to save budget.

I'll give you Ant-Man's last and a buncha Winter Soldier as flat out superior, but don't pretend Man of Steel didn't have a lot of great action sprinkled thorough the 3 hour snoozefest.
>>
>>77775899
topkek

I watched all of those, and I stand by my claim, Marvel fight scenes do not compare in the slightest to Man of Steel. If you honestly believe otherwise then you're just a blind Marvel fan who will dick ride anything Marvel makes. Very few directors can come close to Snyder's visual skills. Yes, he has made many critically mixed movies, but his visuals are never questioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsuA4Bi-c
>>
>>77775823
>>77775823
there's also the fact that it lead directly to one more day which is really the only bad thing to come out of this story. If you take away the marketing about it being a morally ambiguous story and just read it in a vacuum theres really nothing wrong with it.

>>77775826
>I don't give a shit about /co/, I personally believe your stupid bandwagoner contrarian /co/ lurker still has better taste than your average comic book reader
you can believe whatever you want that doesn't make it true. civil war was an objectively good story it wasn't perfect by any means but it was still a fun read like i said you just have shit taste and your statement about the average /co/ lurker just proves that point even further.
>>
>>77775908
OK, so I'm not a /tv/ shitposter or a MCU babby shitter playing pretend to fictional companies owned by multibillion dollar conglomerates so don't take this the wrong way. But are you implying that hack idiot Snyder has any skills in any area related to filmmaking? I must be reading it wrong...
>>
>>77775680
Can we not do company wars? I think they both look great. Civil War's trailer is very dynamic and tense, which fits the fast-paced tone the story is going to need, while BvS is more slow and ominous, befitting a story that is about the build-up to a clash between two titans. Plus it fits with the concept that Marvel is heroic, DC is mythological.
>>
>>77775877
YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER111111
>>
>>77775959
To be fair, Snyder may be an absolutely terrible Hollywood director but at least he's a real actual director. Marvel just gets the cheapest people possible, like fucking sitcom guys.
>>
>>77775984
>Can we not do company wars?
I already tried that it didn't work
>>
>>77775908
Correction: Snyder can generally make misleading trailers.

As in, they mislead people into thinking there's a chance his next film will be good.
>>
File: this nigga.png (274KB, 402x532px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga.png
274KB, 402x532px
>>77775962
There's no such thing as an objectively good story.
>>
>>77776055
His films don't have to be any good to beat the MCU batting average though.
>>
>>77775962
How old are you? Also, you just sorta sound indian.
>>
>>77775680
Civil War doesn't look anything like a comic. BvS looks like a comic book come to life.
>>
>>77776101
I think they both look like comics in their own ways. But seeing as this a Civil War thread, who gives a fuck about how BvS looks? Make another thread if you wanna discuss that (equally-hype) film.
>>
>>77776073
>There's no such thing as an objectively good story.
thats like trying to say there's no such thing as an objectively bad story.
>>77776089
this is an anonymous image board senpai if you want to know any of that stuff i suggest you return to reddit or tumblr.
>>
>>77775908
>Batman actually has a comic accurate suit
>Batman actually has a comic accurate mechsuit
True
>Superman actually has a comic accurate suit
Lel no.
>Wonder Woman actually has a comic accurate suit
Eh
All generic blockbuster movie directors have good visuals. Look up Bay if you want.

>>77775946
>Hulk was a complete shitfest, from the military scenes, to backflipping Blosnky operator and the two cheap CGI freaks going at it for 1 minute to save budget.

No. It was 2 monsters fighting in the most epic way possible. It also looked comic booky as fuck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI TIH blows the fuck out MoS anytime.

>>77775959
>Punching
>Zoom-in
>Flying
>Punching
>Zoom-in
>Flying

Yeah how revolutionizing.

>>77776101
No
>>
>>77776132
I agree with the other guy in saying that Civil War looks nothing like a comic book, for better or worse the MCU stands on it's own two legs now, you should stop using "wow so comic like" as praise, that was false and stupid even back in the first Avengers.
>>
>>77775705
Man of Steel fights are awful.

They're visually impressive, but they have the emotional content of an generic vidya cinematic. Nothing interesting ever happens, just PUNCHPUNCHPUNCHthrowPUNCH. The characters doing the fighting are underdeveloped and have no chemistry, and there's no sense of danger - the protagonist never feels like he's in trouble in any way.

A good fight scene doesn't just look slick. It informs you of the characters and their motivations. Clark vs Zod would've been great if there was more struggling to actually push/grapple/generally impede Zod from civilians. IM1, the conclusion of the fight had Tony outgunned and outpowered, and showed off several aspects of his character by using his head and tricking Stane. Cap vs Bucky had Cap fighting methodically and defensively where Bucky used intricate, vicious strikes that worked around his guard, showing that one is a defender while the other is an assassin. Etc etc.

MoS' fights are like everything in that film. Empty. Devoid of any true content, just pretty on the surface.
>>
>>77775973
>But are you implying that hack idiot Snyder has any skills in any area related to filmmaking?
epik meme
>>
>>77776161
Please just admit you're a underaged pakistani boy.
>>
>>77776161
True, there isn't. I used to think there was such a thing, but then I found out that even shit like Civil War has fans.
>>
>>77776163
>No. It was 2 monsters fighting in the most epic way possible. It also looked comic booky as fuck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI [Embed] TIH blows the fuck out MoS anytime.

Jesus H Christ, it really, really, really, REALLY doesn't. This "epic" clip you've chosen also looks like complete horseshit. Please tell me you're not loyal to a company, nevemind a conglomerate like Marvel, nevermind random CGI Hollywood dreck pumped out almost a decade ago. If yes, please reevaluate your life choices.
>>
>>77776183
please just admit you don't actually read comics and only parrot whatever you hear /co/ say. that or you are just too emotionally stunted to form your own opinion on things.
>>
>>77776170
I completely disagree, every Marvel "fight" just had the villain winning, then DEUS EX MACHINA upset. Boring and formulaic. It's also real embarrassing that you went all P O T T E R Y on route script doctor Marvel stuff, if you absolutely have to do this again make sure you do it on a anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>77776226
Reading CW and enjoying CW doesn't make anyone's opinion objectively good.
Hell I'd say someone who never touched that schlock is in better mental health than those who plodded through it and developed Stockholm syndrome to survive.
>>
File: yes.jpg (80KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
80KB, 625x626px
>>77773822
I agree but still pic related
>>
>>77776258
>just had the villain winning
The villain with an established advantage physically and psychologically? So you weren't even paying attention to the very elements of character conflict that anon was talking about? Good to know.

Also you have no idea what D.E.M even means if you apply it as loosely as that. You've got nothing.
>>
>>77776226
I'm sorry to break it down to you bud, but I'm a veteran comic booker expert, online AND offline, and all of my posts clearly show that, while you sound like a greener greenhorn from every new post.
>>
>>77776307
I don't have aspergers or shit taste, you're right! Please get back to your CW Flash and Disney XD cartoon Tumblr dissertation, this latest Squirrel Girl (from the posted images) also truly had the deepest lore, huh?
>>
>>77776281
reading civil war and hating civil war doesn't make anyone's opinion objectively good.
hell i would say anyone who waste this much time of their life trying to argue with someone who likes something by telling them that they shouldn't like it isn't in good enough mental health to actually have a valid opinion.
>>
>>77776340
>Backed into corner
>Flails into ad hominem
Baited yourself, lovely. You've got less than nothing.
>>
>>77776366
So stop replying when people are just taking one second to talk about how Civil War is irrevocably shit.
>>
>>77776307
>The villain with an established advantage physically and psychologically? So you weren't even paying attention to the very elements of character conflict that anon was talking about?

If you truly believe they put any thought or depth into those fights other than to entertain you, you're beyond delusional.
>>
>>77776309
i'm sorry to break it to you bud but that actually doesn't mean shit you are still too emotionally stunted and lack the critical thinking skills to form your own opinion.

the fact that you actually posted this like it means something proves you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>77776372
Yup, I'm still right though, sorry if your peabrain couldn't keep up with a simple movie fight, even sorrier you took the time out to type paragraphs about your limitations.
>>
>>77774118

We'll probably see Spidey when the inevitable second trailer comes out in winter.
>>
>>77776398
i would except i enjoy tormenting mentally stunted people like you by reminding them that civil war is objectively good.
>>
>>77776409
>With the sum total of absolutely no knowledge from the script and production work to back me up I can assure you it was all accidental improv
Something something not just a river in Egypt.
>>
>>77775581
Jesus fuck can you not understand. Why is Spiderman being thrown into the conflict being presented in MCU. Hes new to us as a viewing aspect in the MCU. Is the governemt sending Tony and his team to other heroes making them sign up? Will he have any standing in the Bucky situation. How will he fit into the story.
I dont give a fuck about that Civil War comic or its shitty cash garb sequel.
>>
>>77776453
Are you that same guy who admitted to being a Marvel intern and even went so far as to defend the merits of Thor 2? Just put a trip on already.
>>
>>77775741
/co/ shits on BAD Batman stories, but stuff like O'Neil, Miller, Aparo and Morrison get praised here all the fucking time, and i'm not even going into the batfamily wanking because honestly, I've only read N52 Batwoman (which was great and had /co/'s love through all it's run)
>>
>>77776455
>I dont give a fuck about that Civil War comic or its shitty cash garb sequel.
Good, you shouldn't give a fuck about the MCU either, you certainly shouldn't get mad if the trailers don't give every last detail away. You should also stop taking the time out to register as a tripshitter.
>>
>>77776170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm_06apWsRg

The thing is, Superman didn't have much time to save civilians. He's fighting someone who is better trained. "I trained my entire life to master my senses, where did you train? On a farm?"
>>
>>77776412
Gee, seems I foiled you again, if you take the time out to read all of my old posts you can clearly see I'm not mad at all, while your posts get worse grammar and typing, you use more swear words and sounds generally more infuriated.
>>
>>77773822
it looks alright, but you're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you think the film will have any more impact on the MCU than AoU did.

It's a filler movie until Avengers 3, made for some quick cash and to introduce spiderman/bp. Tony & cap will be friends and working together in time for avengers 3, and the registration act will be completely forgotten, as well as the vigilante slant.
>>
>>77776577
>to introduce spiderman/bp.
What I don't get is why Marvel didn't just use Kraven and Klaw or something instead of dragging everyone else into this.
I mean I know they want to use the power of Millar and events to capitalize elsewhere later but it's still a gamble to hope this doesn't cause some decay for the rest of the characters.

How much of Tony being an acidic dick can an audience take before he's nothing but this antagonistic frienemy? They've got to start thinking ahead and outside the box.
>>
>>77776567
actually all of your post just add up to one major ad hominem. that and you repeating the phrase "Civil War a shit" over and over again.

you have not once made a valid point to prove you have ever even read a comic book much less civil war.
>>
>>77776539
I wasnt mad that the trailers arent givung us anything. But dude i was responding kept saying the comics explain why Spiderman was there when any idiot with a brain can tell movie Civil War is nothing like comic Civil War the same like Aou was nothing like the event it stole from other thsn the title and Ultron.
I was just wondering how they were gonna explain it.
>>
>>77776537
You must be new here because /co/ consistently shits on batman for being more popular than they're husbando superman. This has really picked up in the last few years since injustice came out and batman v superman was announced.

Hell just a few months back there was about a two week period where /co/ was posting non stop threads about nothing but batman getting his ass kicked.
>>
>>77776744
*their
>>
>>77776738
You sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>77774597
Because Marvel made a deal with Sony to incorporate him into their movie universe and wanted to use him as soon as possible.
>>
>>77776744
>>77776830
Shitting on Batman as a sidekek has nothing to do with all the great Batman stories out there.

Oh sorry that post sounded too civilized, so I would also like to add a request that you go fuck yourself for being so fucking dense.
>>
>>77776258
I don't think you know what Deus Ex Machina is.

I can't think of a single instance of someone being saved in that way in a Marvel film.
>>
>>77776936
>Shitting on Batman as a sidekek has nothing to do with all the great Batman stories out there.
this i agree with however, 90% of /co/ is serious about it when they do it.

/co/ is basically the /v/ of comics only with much less shitposting. generally the smartest thing to do is figure out their opinion on something and do the opposite.
>>
>>77776163
MoS makes TIH look like dogshit.
>>
>>77777051
Thor 2
>>
>>77777051
Captain America 1.

The end of the movie when cap gets frozen in ice and ends up in the modern era.
>>
>>77774699
>Did you know the Based Russos were the real creators of Arrested Development? Those scheming Jews just stole all the credit, as they are wont to do.

This is a thing /co/ unironically believes now? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>77777051
Iron Man 3 with Pepper, Captain America with the tesseract , Avengers 1 with magic wand made it all go away and nukes work in space, Antman pulling quantum shit outta his ass, Iron Man getting pepper to activate the thingajingie, Thor 2 with the portals and the ship, Guardians with purple shit and friendship

Ultron and Thor didn't do it with the villains because they weren't strong enough to even have a proper 1 on 1 fight, but did it with the landmasses that constituted the final conflicted, Iron Man 2 didn't, but it was also even shittier. And the Incredbily shitty Hulk movie flat out didn't and just had a 3 mins pathetic CGI and face closeups ending.

The smugness in your post is pathetic, please don't bother replying, and if you're seriously loyal to a company pumping out capeshit please rethink your life choices.
>>
>>77775908
Watchmen was 90% visually accurate to the comic but was still utter garbage.
>>
>>77777058
>generally the smartest thing to do is figure out their opinion on something and do the opposite.
Nope, the smartest thing is being an actual individual, having a critical sense, and using proper capitalization. Your unfounded superiority taking other people for granted places you in the 13 to 16 mental age rebelling against mom and dad phase, I can only hope your physical age follows and you're not a mentally stunted 17 year old.
>>
>>77777369
While I agree, it's still leagues above the TV directors they got on MCU.
>>
>>77777337
>Iron Man 3 with Pepper
Not deus ex machina
>Captain America with the tesseract

Though literally a "machine from god," not a narrative deus ex machina.

>Avengers 1 with magic wand made it all go away and nukes work in space
Also not a deus ex machina.

You don't understand what a deus ex machina actually is.
>>
>>77777337
>nukes work in space
uh...anon, physics still works in space
>>
>>77777401
No, no it isn't. Only the Thors and Hulks are worse movies than Watchmen. Watchmen is a seriously terrible film.
>>
>>77777382
well i hate to break it to you bud but my opinion says that civil war is good.

that and you still don't know how to post anything thats not an ad hominem.
>>
>>77773822
I like that from the trailers so far this movie's only problem is that Whedon fucked up and didn't really build up strong believable friendship between Cap and Tony.
>>
>>77777403
Hard no right there of all of these bud, it seems I actually know all about deus ex machians but your blind love for random schlock got you blindsided. Sorry!
>>
>>77777337
You do know a Deus Ex Machina isn't something that just gets a character out of a tight spot, that's usually a plot device. Which every story almost always has in some form or conclusions would turn out realistically for the worst.
Something that resolves all the conflict and potential problems of a story. If you think it's just something that defeats the villain that's even more misinformed.

The tesseract in Cap didn't do that. Red Skull was taken away but Hydra remained and Cap's absence, a plot point illustrating they can work for and against the protagonist, actually made it all the more easy for them to manipulate SHIELD and Bucky. The movie even goes out its way to show how much Cap's situation worked against him alone in the end since everyone he knows is dying or dead.

Same thing with GotG, Power gem, again the plot device, didn't fix anything. It killed Ronan but was otherwise useless for anything else. Everyone's still dead, Thanos is still at large.

Ironically AoU DID use a Deus Ex Machina in the form of Vision. It's not that he stops Ultron, it's that he sides specifically with the Avengers instead of just leaving to find his own purpose and also has the capacity of the Mind Gem and JARVIS to oppose any further replication of Ultron's AI. He actively serves as a Deus Ex Machina against the plot spilling over.
>>
>>77777556
Again, you're just completely wrong, a deus ex machina is just a plot device from the left field that abruptly ends some sort of conflict, it certainly doesn't need to solve all conflicts, nevermind the imaginary conflicts you're painting.
>>
>>77777666
>>
>>77777645
>t certainly doesn't need to solve all conflicts

It does, though. that is the very definition.
>>
>>77775705
Man of Dragonball Z had awful fights you pleb
>>
>>77774399
Listen to this man, he is a smart man
>>
>>77777645
>a deus ex machina is just a plot device from the left field that abruptly ends some sort of conflict
That's all the time we have for tonight, thanks for playing.
>>
>>77777697
>>77777723
According to?

>The term has evolved to mean a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention
Always reliable Wikipedia on my side (I AM BEING IRONIC RIGHT NOW YOU DENSE CUNT).

> any artificial or improbable device resolving the difficulties of a plot.
Shit, Dictionary.References.com is on my side, but I don't know if I can trust them.

>: a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty
Oh damn, Merrian Webster too?
>>
>>77777873
Which means by all definitions none of the Marvel movies have this except Iron Man 2, which is dogshit.
>>
>>77777777
Shit is getting tense.
>>
>>77777873
>the difficulties of a plot.
You understand difficulties of a plot doesn't just mean the villain right?
Your "side" is only as narrow as your view of things it seems.
>>
I was trying to get an epic GET in this thread. Sorry folks. Didn't happen.
>>
>>77777945
How in the does IM2 have a Deus Ex Machina, when Tony and his black buddy beat all the robots fair and square, beat parrotLash fair and square, and get a legal indictment against Hammer fair and square?
>>
>>77777961
It's not limited to, but the archetypal villain is certainly included in that label, you confuse the overreaching propriety of the Deus Ex Machina as a requirement, but no worries, if you have elementary grade level reading skills and read the dictionary definitions I just posted you'll understand that's not the case.
>>
>>77778017
>tony is dying from having a thingy in his chest
>his dad just happened to leave him a design for a new thingy
>now he makes a new element and his thingy won't kill him
How did Howard know that his son would one day have to cure himself of polonium poisoning caused by having an arc reactor in his chest?
>>
>>77773895
Shut up Whedon.
>>
>>77778121
Damn you're right, one more shitty Deus Ex Machina to add to the list of tired script doctor scripts the MCU uses, but that wasn't the "final" confrontation of the movie, which was the original arguing point.
>>
>>77777157
>>77777219
>>77777337
Yeah, like I thought, you don't know what a Deus Ex Machina is.

Anything that is foreshadowed or established cannot be a Deus Ex Machina. It has to be abruptly introduced into the plot and independent of the main characters - for example, Zeus showing up randomly and going "lol this guy wins because I feel like it."

Pepper is an established character that had been shown to be injected with extremis. The tesseract was THE major plot point of CA1. Loki's staff didn't come out of nowhere in Avengers and nukes DO work in space you moron. The quantum realm was foreshadowed heavily in Antman, it was a major plot point from the middle of the film onward. I haven't seen Thor 2. The Power Stone was already established as doing what it did in GotG.

You are a moron and you have no idea what you're talking about. Your company loyalty is making you into a complete dullard.
>>
>>77776577
>you're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you think the film will have any more impact on the MCU than AoU did.

I think that trying to watch films for their impact on the cinematic universe, rather than just as films on their own, is what ruined Age of Ultron a bit.
>>
>>77778193
You're the only one making this a company thing, when I read very little comic capeshit of either one of the big two, I have zero company loyalty, just as you have zero idea of what a Deus Ex Machina means.

By your extremely retarded, unfounded and embarrassing definition textbook cases of DEM like the Eagles in LOTR (which the author himself defined as DEM) wouldn't couldn't because they were mentioned in passing before, and because before you retreated your ignorant point they didn't also purge mankind of it's greed, cure Frodo and saved the Elfs.

By your own example, all the hundreds of classic fairy tales and myths that use some kind of deity like Zeus wouldn't count, as he would be established as a force in that universe or connected in some way to the protagonist. Please, take a second to read and realize you sound absolutely clueless.

DEM bring resolution to a conflict using a contrived intervention of some element not previously relevant to said conflict. This has always been and always will be the case. Just because it's scary spooky latin words doesn't mean it's a "higher" meaning, which seems to be your problem grasping such a simple concept.
>>
>>77778166
Well that's because the whole Whiplash/Hammer plot has no real connection to Tony's own personal journey and Iron Man 2 sucks.
>>
>>77778273
>only DC fans don't like Marvel movies

Go fuck yourself. Bad storytelling is bad storytelling.
>>
>>77778322
>Please, take a second to read and realize you sound absolutely clueless.
The ironing.
>>
>>77778382
Just stop being so emotionally attached to route blockbusters and read a little, read my post again for a nice start.
>>
>>77778396
>read my post again
God no.
>>
>>77778322
I don't care about company shit. I want all these films to be good because I like good films. You're just a retard who has no clue what he's talking about.

1. The Eagles in LotR were mentioned in passing but had no involvement in the plot up until then. All your 'Deus Ex Machina' were heavily involved in their films all the way through.

2. I haven't made any other points, you're confusing me with someone else.

3. Gods in Classical stories count only when they're not interacting with the physical world of the epic as active participants in the story. Nobody calls Athena at the beginning of The Odyssey a Deus Ex because she's not. But when a god appears out of nowhere, and just solves everything immediately, that is a Deux Ex Machina.

Even by your incorrect definition, the Marvel films that I've seen do not contain any Deus Ex Machina. Begone you huge faggot.
>>
>>77778396
No matter how many times someone reads them your posts are still gonna be retarded.
>>
>>77778411
Christ, really got you against the wall now huh? To be fair, a lot of people make the same mistakes you did, it's nothing shameful as long as you grow from it. Your first mistake was treating DEM as a "dirty word" instead of a simple plot device which is unfortunately overused.
>>
>>77778454
>he thinks he's talking to one person
>he thinks he has anyone 'against the wall'

Dude, half this thread is lining up to point and laugh at your stupidity.
>>
>>77778443
1 - What about the Hobbit then, were they were a major plot point, and are still considered a major DEM? Which is irrelevant by the way, because they'd still be DEM being plot points or not, as long as they're not relevant to the conflict at hand.

3- Again, no, the unexpected part of a DEM means unexpected to the conflict at hand.

I posted multiple dictionary definitions proving my point, what do you have besides sass?
>>
>>77778454
m8 if anyone's against the ropes they're rope-a-doping the shit out of you.
>>
>>77778559
1. The Eagles were Deus Ex in The Hobbit, they aren't referenced until they show up.

3. Dumbass, a Deus Ex Machina is supposed to be both contrived and unexpected.

>I posted multiple dictionary definitions proving my point, what do you have besides sass?

Actual knowledge. Here, though, have some definitions:

>a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty

>any artificial or improbable device resolving the difficulties of a plot.

The Marvel films don't have these. The things you've cited as Deux Ex are not artificially introduced in the last minute, nor are they contrived. They are established things throughout the films. Usually if they save they day they do so by doing exactly what they're stated to do, rather than the film having to bullshit up some contrived reason for them to solve everything.
>>
>extremis grants people superhuman strength and regen
>Pepper is injected
>turns out she has superhuman strength and regen!
>DEUS EX MACHINA!!!!!

>it's stated that once a bunch of people shared out the orb's power to use it for a short time
>at the end of the film, a bunch of people share out the orb's power to use it for a short time
>DEUS EX MACHINAAA

>character warns other characters against something called the quantum realm and how dangerous it is
>other character later enters the quantum realm
>DOOS EX MACHINAAAAA1!!!11

Wow.

This is some dumb shit.
>>
You guys are all equally faggy.
>>
>>77774273
wait. Batroc? That pirate guy cap fought on the boat was the Leaper? lmao I didn't make the connection because he wasn't wearing that ridiculous flamboyant purple jumpsuit.

Also had no idea that asshole hydra guy was Crossbones. Had to look it up on wikipedia.
>Crossbones
>Notable aliases: Bingo, Frag, Mr. Bones
>Mr.Bones

I like how the MCU has removed all the fucked up spandex costumes. Not everybody needs to be running around in tight fitting bright colours, it just makes you a big fucking target. It would be nice to see some costumed villains though, they have all been in plainclothes except Cross, but the Yellowjacket is more of a weapon than costume
>>
>>77778715
1 - They took the Hobbits to Mirkwood before the Battle of the Five Armies, so no.

3 - So? My point is that is must be contrived to the conflict at hand, not to the overarching plot or it's implications.

Please re-read the definitons,

>provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble DIFFICULTY
>any artificial or improbable device resolving the DIFFICULTIES of a plot
>the term has evolved to mean a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable PROBLEM is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention

The DEM provides relief to a conflict, not necessarily to the whole plot, that might be the case if the DEM is used in the finale as in the examples I used, but nonetheless they could happen at any time, and as long as the solution to the particular problems comes from a contrived, unexpected place, it's a DEM.
>>
>>77778803
What I love about this anon claiming things are Dude SEx Mankind Divided because he says so is he doesn't seem to realize no one's denying the MCU stories are contrived, by virtue of how they introduce elements to us in a two hour span just about everything's part of Chekov's gun collection, we're simply informing him his misnomer is the problem. Then he flew off the handle out of sheer aggravation from being corrected. Derailing his own point.

Had he just said "yeah fine, then that other thing" we'd have moved on by now.
>>
>>77778871
>The DEM provides relief to a conflict
Do you realize how generally that can be applied when you dilute it to support your case?

Neo achieving literal god mode and destroying Smith is suddenly as much a DEM as Agent Smith, a program already cheating extensively, running out of virtual bullets to shoot Neo with.

Except even though it "provides relief from the conflict" of being bullet spammed it doesn't resolve any of the larger problems of the Matrix or fighting an Agent. Which again the literal God Mode did.
>>
>>77778871
>1 - They took the Hobbits to Mirkwood before the Battle of the Five Armies, so no.

There was, however, no indication that they would show up later. They are fundamentally different from something like the orb in GotG, that remains in play through the whole story and even has its role at the end massively foreshadowed by the Collector's explanation.

>3

Yes? I'm not saying what you think I'm saying. I'm saying the Deus Ex has to be contrived - as in, it strains believably - and unexpected - as in, there is no reason, even in hindsight, to imagine that it would appear to solve the problem. It cannot be something working as it is explained to work, as in the examples you've cited, and it cannot be something that in insight was heavily foreshadowed.
>>
>>77779069
To add to this:

The conclusion of the Harry Potter series is a prime example of a modern Deus Ex Machina. There is no buildup or foreshadowing. No established lore pointing toward it. Harry just shows up in some magical afterlife, meets Dumbledore, and comes back to life because reasons. Even when you look back at the rest of the story, you cannot say that this ending would ever have been expected, or that there was anything established to do with it whatsoever. It feels contrived because it feels as though it has no place in the narrative - it's something that just happens, independent of anything the main characters do or say or experience. It just happens and solves a problem, and that's the extent of its role.

The Marvel films, however, do not do this.
>>
>>77778931
I wouldn't call them Chekov's guns when they were integral to the plot.

>>77779063
None of that changes the fact that both are DEM.

>>77779069
>It cannot be something working as it is explained to work
Yes it can, as long as it's not relevant to the conflict at hand.

>It cannot be something working as it is explained to work
As long as it's not relevant to the conflict at hand, yes.

If anything you seem to confuse DEM with Chekov's gun, a DEM might very well be a integral part of the plot, as long as it brings a sudden ending to an unrelated conflict, while Chekov's gun by definition starts as a unimportant plot point.

Like Pepper seemingly falling to her death only to appear behind hotguy tearing him in half
>>
>>77779166
Didn't Harry live because his mother cast a ward on him, so when Voldemort cast the death spell he ended up killing the only vulnerable part of Harry, which ironically was his implanted horcrux? It's been so long since I read that book, but I swear Gandalf even mentions that in that afterlife interlude. Though of course, that doesn't change that it was indeed a DEM, because Lily warding Harry hundreds of pages, if not books ago, and Dumbledore explaining the plot device after the fact doesn't change the circumstances in which the conflict was solved.
>>
>>77779204
>I wouldn't call them Chekov's guns when they were integral to the plot.
Chekov's Guns can be integral plot elements.
Like, the frog DNA in the first Jurassic Park is a chekov's gun, and half the movie hinges on it both in narrative and thematically.
>>
>>77779204
>Like Pepper seemingly falling to her death only to appear behind hotguy tearing him in half

You just disqualified this with your own definition:

>Yes it can, as long as it's not relevant to the conflict at hand.

It's the whole reason the protagonist and antagonist are fighting. It's heavily foreshadowed and is not contrived, as it is not an unrelated element thrust into the plot to conveniently resolve things.

Just give up, you're not even making any sense anymore.
>>
>>77779296
But any intervention of Pepper was ruled out when she seemingly falls to her death.
>>
i'm just looking forward to Iron Man getting shrekd by Bucky and Cap tag-teaming.
>>
>>77779341
I'm not, not because I'm an RDJ fan but because it seems kind of pointless to try to physically beat up a guy in power armor when Scarlet Witch could just voodoo it.

Hell she could just voodoo Stark into seeing things their way.
>>
>>77779322
...After she has been injected with something that grants massively enhanced regenerative properties.

Also, something being 'ruled out' by characters is not really indicative of something being a DEM. The point of a DEM is that it is unbelievable to the audience, because it appears to have no place in the narrative, and arrives just in time to be the solution to a problem. Someone not being dead when other characters thought they were is not DEM, it's a plot twist.

Something with no previous relevance or foreshadowing appearing to solve a problem is DEM.
>>
Why do you faggots have to keep turning everything into company wars? Why do you always have to choose a side instead of enjoying a good movie regardless of the company that produced it?

What do you gain from blindly fellating a multi million dollar company?
>>
>>77779275
Oh, and I think Harry even has visions of his family doing the same speech as when Voldermort attacked them at the time, which doesn't change the fact that it's a DEM as it was seemingly unrelated to the conflict at hand
>>
>>77773822
Yoyoyo, so about registration. You don't HAVE to go public with your identity. The government just has your identity and keeps it classified, according to an issue of She-hulk I read. What was the big problem, then? I mean drafting minors into super hero boot camp is one thing, but what exactly was so bad about registration itself?
>>
>>77779322
You're confusing Deus Ex Machina with a tweest.

A tweest is foreshadowed and involves subjects that are a consistent part of the plot. A Deus Ex Machina is not foreshadowed and has no believable place in the plot. "Surprise, this character is not dead" is not a Deus Ex Machina. The turtle shenanigans at the end of TLAB are.
>>
All I can say is, I'm going to be so fucking relieved after this and BvS come out, cause it feels like we've been talking about them all last year.
>>
>In less than 6 months we are about to watch a movie with Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, Iron Man, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Vison, Ant-man, Black Panther and Spiderman.

Imagine tell this to someone a few years ago.
>>
>>77779396
Do you trust your own government right here right now? Nevermind Marvel's mutant bigot government full of blatant supervillains, seedy superhero projects like Weapon X, and that has been compromised on different levels before by guys like Zemo and later on Osborn.
>>
>>77779396
>You don't HAVE to go public with your identity. The government just has your identity and keeps it classified, according to an issue of She-hulk I read. What was the big problem, then? I mean drafting minors into super hero boot camp is one thing, but what exactly was so bad about registration itself?
The government in the Marvel U is the same one that gets taken over by Hydra or some other villainous organization like once a month. Heck, the entire thing with the SHRA was that SHIELD would hold onto the names. Six months later, who's in charge of SHIELD? Norman fucking Osborn.

Who might be Marvel's biggest example of why Superheroes need secret identities given that the SECOND he figured out Spidey's secret identity he grabbed Gwen Stacy and chucked her off a bridge.
>>
>>77779428
I know, Next year is an amazing year. I'm more hyped for bvs though
>>
>>77779396
The problem was that with registration, the government was essentially going to be telling the superheroes who the bad guys are.

Also, not like the government ever suffers any major data leaks, right?

Also they built a prison in the negative zone to put people who have not been given a trial indefinitely.
>>
>>77779446
>>77779447
If the super heroes knew all of this, they could've assembled an incredibly compelling argument against registration. "The government is the biggest liability to our safety because of this laundry-list of times they've secretly been evil" would've done it, I think. Just couple that with some initiative within the super-hero community to strive for self-accountability. I was in middle school when Civil War happened so I didn't really get most of it, but now that I think about it, it's really contrived.
>>
>>77779427
This is going nowhere, but again, I do not believe a DEM necessarily needs zero foreshadowing in the overarching plot, some people have extremely limited definitions of DEM, maybe out of a feelings definitions have to be mutually exclusive, while loose literary terms like Cherkov's Gun, DEM and plot twist intertwine in many different ways.

This very strict definition you have been arguing for doesn't apply to some of it's most famous examples, even some that have been used against my case, nevermind the ones I brought and the dictionary references.
>>
>>77779561
>If the super heroes knew all of this, they could've assembled an incredibly compelling argument against registration.
Problem is that Maria Hill ordered SHIELD to attack Cap before the act even went into law, which is straight up illegal. Maria Hill ruined everything.
>>
>>77779561
>"The government is the biggest liability to our safety because of this laundry-list of times they've secretly been evil" would've done it, I think.
That was literally the argument put forward by the X-men. Luke Cage, too IIRC.
The response they were given was "This time it'll totally be different we swear".
>>
>>77779600
>while loose literary terms like Cherkov's Gun, DEM and plot twist intertwine in many different ways.
No, they don't.
>>
>>77779561
The super hero community already had accountability, checks and balances there either way, your run of the mill superhuman doesn't look at a loose cannon like Moon Knight with fond eyes and flat out hunts down killers like Punisher, starter heroes always get coached by veterans or drafted as rookies on superteams.

That incident with Speeball was a simple operational error that happens in every area, and even then it was mostly on the supervillain Nitro and pales in comparison to your day to day police violence and government violence.

It's a moot point, because superheroes can only think back as far as their editors, which in Marvel's case in like a week at best.

And yeah, Civil War is absolute horseshit.
>>
File: 1427933389936.jpg (15KB, 201x247px) Image search: [Google]
1427933389936.jpg
15KB, 201x247px
I have a question.
How is this a "civil war" when theres like 15 heroes and quite a few of them have no powers? Also why would there need to be a registration act when more than half of them are either military agents, public figures, or have no reason to hide their identity? Otherwise, the few left that do have reason- why? Why would the 6 or 7 of them that need to be undercover be a big enough threat being left alone?
Its like how DC is making a suicide squad movie when none of the villains in the movie have been introduced as villains from other stories yet. This is jumping the gun big time.
>>
>>77779561
Everyone was talking about how Hydra and Skrulls and AIM and a bunch of other liabilities exist, the government just put smart guys (Reed, Tony, Hank) in charge and said trust us without really discussing counter measures. The smart guys didn't even go with trust us, they just said we're smarter than you don't question us.

Then it turned out the smart guys were two pawns being played and the other was a skrull. You might think that is kind of contrived to dismiss the politics, but actually it's not uncommon for plants or bought off members to exist in a lot of political parties. Of course their plans don't commonly revolve around an alien invasion or revenge against the Illuminati but you just never know.
>>
>>77779626
The most famous DEM, LOTR's Eagles were introduced as friends of Gandalf in the first book, as seemingly unimportant side character who later turned into a huge plot point they were Chekov's gun, of course their reintroduction was a plot twist, and the seemingly unexpected save they represented made it famous as a DEM.
>>
>>77779703
>It's a moot point, because superheroes can only think back as far as their editors, which in Marvel's case in like a week at best.
Accounting for the sliding time scale?
>>
>>77779703
I thought it was rad at the time, but now it seems like your usual trite event content. Like, characterization is secondary to progressing the plot on some timeline.
>>
>>77779704
In Suicide Squad they can just show up in a prison and it's no big deal. I guess in CA CW they'll soup up some of the terms of the Registration Act and ignore the secret identity part, the trailer certainly made it seem like IM was vying for them to become full time government operatives.
>>
>>77779764
The huge difference between the Eagles and what you're arguing, though, is that they were totally removed from the plot. They had no reason whatsoever to appear. Looking back, there's no reason for the audience to think they would appear.

This isn't just a case of a fake out where some guy looks dead but then isn't. The eagles are totally irrelevant to what is happening. They have no place there. There's no foreshadowing of their appearance - they are introduced beforehand, and then discarded, with no indication or reason to ever turn up again.

The definition you propose for a DEM makes every single plot twist ever one. But that's not what the term means. It refers to a sudden introduction of some element that is not relevant and has no real reason to be around other than to solve things.
>>
>this device

Why doesn't Tony just make a giant version of this to use on Cap and his crew?
>>
>>77779798
That's almost like every event, and Marvel does them so often and in such an all encompassing way that even if a writer had good intentions he wouldn't be able to hash out and get synergy with other book writers in time. At least Civil War was a funny trainwreck like AvX and like usual was forgotten in two years time.
>>
>>77779704
Before the super hero movie boom, I'd always imagined Avengers as a mega-budget TV series. There are just so many characters and arcs that you can't reasonably cover any content with yearly movies. By the time we get to Secret Invasion, we're gonna be CGI-ing everyone's faces so they look the same age.
>>
>>77774526
What Word gets filtered to baka?
>>
>>77779841
This is going nowhere, but not every plot twist resolves a conflict and not every plot twist is contrived like a DEM.
>>
>"most EPIC Marvel movie EVER!"
>literally filmed in a parking garage
>>
>>77779764
>The most famous DEM, LOTR's Eagles
...Really? Not the navyman from Lord of the Flies (even the simpsons makes fun of that one), or maybe a Greek tragedy where the term gets its origins, you go with LOTR eagles instead?

Either way, while they're arguably a plot twist, BECAUSE they were set up previously, they're a Chekov's gun, not a Deus Ex Machina. The two terms are mutually exclusive as a Deus Ex Machina by definition requires the element injected into the story to be new as of the moment of its need, while a Chekov's Gun requires the opposite; prior set up.

The terms are not interchangeable like that. It can be one or the other. Both can be kinds of twists (although with a Chekov's Gun if there's sufficient set up that its firing is telegraphed, it lo longer qualifies as a twist) but it can't be all three.
>>
>>77779884
If it's any consolation the MCU isn't remotely like the comics, most well known Avengers comics are terrible either way so we'd gain nothing if they were indeed filmed and I'm not even touching on the city state of superhero TV shows.
>>
>>77779865
Iron man nears flash levels of plot inconsistencies.
He could easily build an army of hulkbusters with those sound things built in and totally wipe away any threat. Fuck he doesn't even have to build it, he has other robots to do it for him.
Tony only gets to use his tech when the plot allows him to.
>>
>>77779600
The strict definition does apply to the famous example you introduced through. Gwaihir's subjects have no stake or place in the final battle of the Hobbit. They're totally uninvolved, and there's no hint that they're going to show up there.

This is very different from the case you've been blabbering on about with Pepper, where the character in question is a massive part of the final conflict, and is injected with a formula that grants her the ability to survive her apparent death. She's not like Gandalf's feathery buddies, who appear at the last minute with no foreshadowing. She's part of the entire final sequence of the film, and is given the means to do what she does right in front of the viewer.

You're saying that integral plot points of these films serve as Deus Ex, using the eagles from The Hobbit as your precedent, but the eagles are not integral to their story. They have a brief appearance beforehand and that's it.
>>
>>77779938
I never said they were interchangeable, they are just not mutually exclusive. It doesn't matter if they were set up before, if they were not set up for the conflict at hand it's a DEM.

Greek gods would get introductions, many times appear in the early acts or have a personal relationship with the main characters.

Lord of Flies indeed is also another textbook DEM, smoke signals trying to contact passing ships are actually a major plot point thorough the entire book, which doesn't matter in the least to it's DEM status, as the smoke signals only works to bring a contrived and unexpected ending to a completely unrelated conflict when two boys try to murder each other.
>>
>>77774386
Tony was right, but they didn't want him to be right, so they went out of their way to make Registration seem EVIL, but then went ahead and had both sides to stupid out of character evil bullshit.

Not to mention the writers as a whole couldn't get on the same page about how it was all supposed to work. In the end, all we can say for certain about Civil War is that it created a huge mess.
>>
>>77774180
Age is hard enough on the body. Combine that with alcoholism and drugs in your youth and you have a ticking time bomb of a body.
>>
>>77780026
>Greek gods would get introductions, many times appear in the early acts or have a personal relationship with the main characters.

The term Deus Ex Machina is generally only used to refer to instances where an god that has not appeared in the story yet jumps in to solve stuff, such as Herakles appearing to save Alcestis.
>>
>>77774331
And let's not forget how harmful events are for ongoings since all the writers are forced to stop everything that they're doing just to write tie ins and any momentum books were building in their own story disappears.
>>
>>77779987
Again, it doesn't matter. DEM is unrelated to the conflict at hand, it's divine intervention to the immediate problems, it's major plot relevance doesn't matter, as it could be the God the whole play was based around, it could be a major plot point like Lord of Flies, it could be a rock in the sky, it could be alluded to by previously linking elements to the divine likes Tolkien's Great Eagles, it could even be a major character like Pepper, who could even be present at the situation, as long as the element at hand is not involved in the conflict and brings a sudden and contrived end to it.
>>
>>77780192
>DEM is unrelated to the conflict at hand

Pepper is not unrelated to the conflict at hand.
>>
>>77780192
As that guy stated, Pepper is pretty relevant to the conflict at hand.

She's the reason the two characters are fighting. She's there through about 2/3rds of their fight before her fall. Her presence is not a DEM in any way.
>>
>>77780147
Evidently not, as the two most famous cases have prior foreshadowing, nevermind that in another Euripides play which is frankly the only I'm familiar with off cuff famous DEM Medea's God godfather saves her, after foreshadowing earlier in the play.
>>
>>77780192
Your definition of 'unrelated to the conflict at hand' is far too broad.

Pepper is involved throughout the entire final act of that film.
>>
>yfw a trailer has Cap and Stark about to fight, but a *thwip* pulls them apart, and a silhouette is crouching on the wall between them
>>
>>77780301
There is no foreshadowing for the eagles or the ship at the end of Lord of the Flies. The smoke signals are not foreshadowing, and neither is the eagles having a brief appearance.

Medea's father's hand is not foreshadowed either, it is just mentioned. There's never anything in the play that hints Helios will send a fiery chariot to come bail her out at the end.
>>
>>77780350
I wish you spidermanfags would all go die in a fire.
>>
>>77780221
>>77780261
She might be in the general vicinity, but she was not a part of the Killian x Tony conflict which she resolved, which wouldn't necessarily end or interact with her conflict. After killing Killian the Extremis goons could have killed them all, as anticlimatic as it would be to the larger conflict at hand, it would change nothing that Pepper brought a very contrived and unexpected ending to the conflict between Killian and Tony by suddenly (AKA unexpectedly) showing up behind Killian and killing him, even after being characterized as physically incompetent thorough the movie, and presumed out of action after a fall (which makes her trump card very contrived).

>>77780314
And it just so happens that by bringing an end to the conflict between Killian and Tony she brought an end to the final act, even if it weren't so, her presence in the conflict between Killian and Tony did come out of nowhere in a very contrived manner. Making it a DEM.
>>
>>77774322
>Spidey
>Shoehorned into a movie about Civil War
>When he was the posterboy of Tony's campaign and one of the lynchpins for the whole story.

lol
>>
>>77780301
None of those cases are foreshadowing.

Something appearing briefly and appearing again later does not mean that thing has been foreshadowed. Medea, for example, does not routinely invoke her father's aid, only to be told she'll have him suspiciously silent, after which he then intervenes at the end when she truly needs his help. That would be foreshadowing. Simply knowing that is a god is her father does not imply that later he'll send her a balling ass ride to safely confer her to Athens.
>>
>>77780414
>movie Civil War
>even remotely resembling comic Civil War's story

He was added to the movie in the middle of filming because Marvel wanted him in something asap once they made their deal with Sony.
>>
>>77777311
stop pulling things out of your ass
>>
I was a fan of the post-Civil War status quo
>>
>>77780402
>but she was not a part of the Killian x Tony conflict

Are you fucking kidding me? Tony spends half that sequence trying to keep her out of harm's way. She's an active part of most of the scene.

>even after being characterized as physically incompetent thorough the movie, and presumed out of action after a fall (which makes her trump card very contrived)

This is not contrived at all when she has been injected with something that 1. makes her resistant to death 2. enhances her physical ability.

Does contrived just meant "I don't like it" to you?
>>
File: 1431852867997.jpg (133KB, 468x364px) Image search: [Google]
1431852867997.jpg
133KB, 468x364px
>>77773822

I'll wait until I see the movie to declare it good.

IM3, Thor 2 & Age of Ultron made me lose faith in Marvel
>>
File: dude what.png (111KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
dude what.png
111KB, 233x233px
>>77780402
>character is subjected to a serum that makes them near invulnerable and super strong
>they then survive something that would be impossible for a normal human to and demonstrate super strength
>this is contrived

This must be some form of enhanced trolling.

If there happened to be a mattress below Pepper and she survived that way, and then appeared later to, I dunno, hit Killian in his previously unheard-of weak point and kill him, that would be contrived. An established plot device working exactly as established is not contrived.

You're either being intentionally obtuse or have an immense bias here.
>>
>>77780360
Eagles are used as a vehicle of divine intervention since The Hobbit, when talking about the Great Eagles to Bilbo Gandalf makes mentions to their nature, which are repeated when they comes to save him in the Spire and they come as a desperate bid after valiant warriors marching off to their doom seem to have lost the tide of battle, the exact same circumstances of The Battle Of The Five Armies.

In Lord Of The Flies the main conflict thorough the novel is between the boys who lose hope and get reduced to savages by their environment and those who seek order and reintegration to society by dropping smoke signals who fail multiple times, until the last act when the tension between the two groups falls to a boiling point but the latter is ultimately proven right, as their methods are ultimately successful.

And seriously, Medea the dragonkiller granddaughter of Helios coming out with a dragon chariot by the God Helios? All of the gifts Helio gave her, all the treachery she had in Jason's tales and the oracles in Medea? Well, maybe it changes in a play by play basis.
>>
>>77780577
Hopefully the superhero movie bubble has burst and they can get back to focusing on quality over movie pandering.
>>
>>77773822

Nice gray scale filter and Michael Bay-esque explosions.
>>
>>77780631
>>77780563
Honestly, you guys just sound uneducated, it's a bit useless to argue about literary devices likes that as it turns into a tropes discussion like how you guys are turning this. Understand DEM isn't a mean word.
>>
>>77780764
It's not a mean word at all.

But if a character is heavily involved in a sequence, and then solves the conflict of that sequence by using a plot device very thoroughly explained and established, it's simply not a DEM. If Pepper's role at the end of IM3 is a DEM every single such death fake-out is.

You simply sound like you're trying to fit a square block in a round hole. Mostly because you wanted to imply, and did imply earlier, that DEM are bad. You're now circling around attempting to disregard your original intent in favour of implying that the people you're arguing with are stupid, because you've run out of points to make.
>>
>>77780764
Oh man, you've swung right around to full hypocrisy.

>hurr marvel movie fight scenes a shit because DEM
There are no DEM resolutions in these films.
>yes there are and that's shit!
There aren't, look at all this logic.
>Hurr you guys are idiots DEM aren't even bad lol

You're like a perfect oroboros of stupidity.
>>
>>77780892
DEMs are often used by Hollywood schlock hire-a-script to churn out quick pops, like in every single Marvel movie, I did use it as an insult to the unimaginative Marvel movies, but in the case of more celebrated works it's just a device used properly. I've admitted that we're all out of arguing points hours ago, but you guys simply can't refute my citations and fail to provide any of your own.

If thosedeath fake outs they result in a contrived and unexpected ending to a conflict, of course they're Deus Ex Machinas, but if they're plot twists to a scene without conflict, then they're just twists.
>>
>>77774346

I'll suck your dick before I give up on Spidey.
>>
>>77781014
>you guys simply can't refute my citations
Oh my god, you are delusional.
They've been nothing but refuted, you've done nothing to support them other than use your inaccurate opinion and the quickly ignoring or dismissing the refutations.
>>
>>77780961
DEM aren't bad by themselves, they're just unimaginative and way too easily used by Hollywood tripe, but you guys trying to ignore plot points in LotR, Medea and LoF to fit your narrow definition of DEM made it seems like you're scared of accepting my definition which shows that the plot device used in them is the same one used in the Marvel movies, albeit obviously used like shit in those shitty ass movie.

Again, I don't like to get into fallacies and strawmans because that tends to reduce arguments to simple finger waving when used between people that aren't in perfect synch to their reach and meaning, which is our entire problem here, but you didn't argue for any of your points and still failed to argue against any of mine.
>>
>>77781088
I showed the dictionary reference, showed how it relates to the most famous cases and showed how it applies to the situation you presented. You keep arguing for a very narrow definition which has been disproved by my case.
>>
>>77781014
>hurr deus ex is bad when i say it is

You haven't provided any citations. You've been refuted at every turn, you just refuse to admit it.

Pepper at the end of IM3 is not contrived in any way. It's a plot twist that is completely consistent with the rules of the movie. It doesn't come out of nowhere - it's literally set up in the same scene that it occurs. You've failed continually to explain why it's contrived, listing supposed aspects of the sequence that are simply not real. Pepper is relevant to the conflict, Pepper is involved in the conflict, Pepper has been given the ability in the very same scene to perform the action she does. There is NOTHING contrived about this.

Get the fuck out. You're just an asshurt companywars faggot pretending at having a real reason to dislike something.
>>
>>77781126
You've failed consistently to explain why any of the Marvel films examples are contrived.

The examples you draw from other arenas are, and the people you're arguing with agree, but you don't seem to have any ability to articulate why the Mahvel films check these points. Not without being totally wrong, anyway.

Do you have a poor memory or something? Most of the shit you're saying about these scenes just isn't true.
>>
>>77781255
I barely read cape comics anymore, and I certainly never was a company loyalist.

It's alright if you can't grasp some of the more abstract concepts or understand their abstract values and connections, just please have the humbleness to only talk about things you know about next time, ok? No more late night wikipedia runs, no more talking about stuff you clearly have no knowledge about. Please, no more strawmans.
>>
>>77781389
>can't win argument
>insult everyone and run away

Smooth move.

Tell me why the Marvel film examples are DEM. Seriously, explain. In detail. And do so in a way that doesn't completely disregard what's actually happening in those sequences.
>>
>>77781389
>i-i-i've been running to wikipedia for all my knowledge and now I'm up shit creek!
>i-i know, I'll accuse everyone else of doing that before they do it to me!
>t-that'll make me seem smart and right!

Go to bed, you absolute child.
>>
>>77781432
>>77781469
Can't be trumped, always bringing the evidence while you guys were trying, and failing, to insult me. Guess you guys need a DEM right now to solve this conflict, though that isn't necessarily a plot twist to the overarching plot and did get foreshadowing by you guys trying, and failing, to understand my clear cut points.
>>
>>77781523
Explain in detail why the Pepper twist is contrived. Explain in detail why orb at the end of GotG is contrived.

Do this now.
>>
>>77781571
Go back and read my posts, if anything flies way off the mark just greentext it, I'm watching Ash vs Evil Dead in 1 minute and don't have time for long posts though.
>>
>>77781641
As you wish.

>>77780402
>She might be in the general vicinity, but she was not a part of the Killian x Tony conflict which she resolved, which wouldn't necessarily end or interact with her conflict. After killing Killian the Extremis goons could have killed them all, as anticlimatic as it would be to the larger conflict at hand, it would change nothing that Pepper brought a very contrived and unexpected ending to the conflict between Killian and Tony by suddenly (AKA unexpectedly) showing up behind Killian and killing him, even after being characterized as physically incompetent thorough the movie, and presumed out of action after a fall (which makes her trump card very contrived).

>but she was not a part of the Killian x Tony conflict which she resolved

This is incorrect. She is an active participant in much of their battle. The entire sequence is actually about her, really, as the protagonist and antagonist are essentially fighting over her.

>showing up behind Killian and killing him, even after being characterized as physically incompetent thorough the movie

After having been given, in the same sequence, an injection of something that makes her much more physically competent.

>and presumed out of action after a fall

After having been injected, in the same sequence, with a serum that grants incredible durability.

This is the opposite of contrived. It follows entirely logically from one step to the next.
>>
The only deus ex machina in the Marvel films is the way all the grey alien dudes in the Avengers drop dead after their mothership is destroyed. The actually process leading up to that and the ship's destruction isn't a deus ex machina, but it's a total surprise that all the grey dudes just fall over, and there's no given reason for this to happen. It just does so the film can end.

The Guardians ending, Pepper, Stane's death, etc etc, are not even close to being deus ex machina, though.
>>
>>77773895
>People said the say thing about Whedon when he made Avengers.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

get the fuck out, Whedon
>>
>>77774265
> FTFY
Off to reddit faggot
>>
>>77774446
> ftft
I said off to reddit, faggot
>>
>>77774221
They should go back to the longer hair
>>
>>77775003
>You're getting yourselves overhyped for a massive clusterfuck of a movie.
Capeshit in 2016
>>
Is anyone else more intrigued about Cap holding onto the helicopter than anything else in the trailer?
>>
>>77782745
Oh I'm intrigued alright.
>>
>>77782745
meh, I know /co/ is very gay for him but it's a very silly scene that's better suited to Thor. Maybe that's why people like it though, his power creep in MCU puts Iron Man to shame and he gets a new armour every movie.

I'm most hyped, oddly, by Black Panther super speed
>>
>>77782745
Its a reference to MoS
>>
>>77773992
>Civil War was a great event at the time
Nope.

>HEY, WE'RE INCAPABLE OF SAVING THE WORLD WHICH IS WHY YOU HAVE TO DO IT LITERALLY EVERY TIME BUT YOU SHOULD DO WHAT WE SAY AND HAVE US TRAIN YOU SO THAT YOU CAN KNOW HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD

It was stupid beyond all logic. There would have been BILLIONS of deaths in just a few weeks time had the registration act held.

>I'm afraid I can't let you combat that Xth dimensional horror-entity, Dr. Strange. You're not approved
>By the Starry Shards of the Shistavan everyone will die-
>Don't care, everyone SHOULD die if you can't do what I say because I say so

Truly amazing. Please die horribly along with your family, thanks.
>>
>>77783468
This
>>
>>77783468
name an event that hasn't fucked up the ending? Please, I would like to read one.
>>
>>77775363
>orange and blue color palette

Getting real tired of this shit in movies. It doesn't add anything and just distracts me the whole time.
>>
>>77775848
>no real sets
Nigga they turned a whole town into smallville for MoS
>>
>>77776170
Supes and Zod were on the same level of strength so no interesting techniques were needed plus he was inexperienced in combat. Also there was no need for muh emotional development between the two, Clark just had to stop him using brute force so there was non of that
>b-b-but I was yuh frend too :'^(
>>
>>77784663
It was a brawl like Jessica Jones vrs Luke Cage. But that was more interesting because the feelings behind it. MoS tried too hard to be grande in it's huge hits that would cause explosions.
>>
>>77773895
Avengers was not nearly as good as Cap 2. Cap 2 had better direction and fight scenes. And the fight scenes are the main reason to watch these movies.
>>
>>77782745
your autocorrect missinterpreted erect.
>>
>>77773895
Is funny how marvel drones act like they're so great just because CA2 was the only marvel sequel that wasn't worse than the first one. Winter soldier still had plenty of one liner garbage in it
>>
>>77785571
I feel great pity for you.
>>
>>77774273
>That senator from IM2

That was a fucking cameo.

It's like saying that Strucker was a villain.
>>
>>77784768
>dat two vs one Iron Manlet beatdown
>>
>>77778866

Loki was surprisingly in full costume in Avengers. Also, Ronan, if that counts.

>>77774322

Spider-Man doesn't need a backstory. Movie audiences have seen his backstory at least twice already. He could literally swoop in with no explanation. Plus Ant-Man already confirmed that he exists in-universe and the press is aware of it.

Black Panther is really the one that feels shoehorned-in. Mainly because the trailer makes the Registration Act look like American policy, which he should give no fucks about.
>>
>>77797108
>Spider-Man doesn't need a backstory. Movie audiences have seen his backstory at least twice already. He could literally swoop in with no explanation. Plus Ant-Man already confirmed that he exists in-universe and the press is aware of it.

Didn't they comment on it in Daredevil?
>>
>>77774699

And Happy Endings.
>>
>>77797108
>Mainly because the trailer makes the Registration Act look like American policy
Did you miss the UN building in the trailer and when Ross was talking about how the world cannot accept it?
The Sokovia Accords?

Hell most of the trailer was set outside the US
>>
>>77797108
>Black Panther is really the one that feels shoehorned-in
>Sokovia accords
>Vibranium stolen from Wakanda was used to do the sokovia damage
It would be stupid if he just ignored that shit
>>
>>77797142
They'll probably do a montage like in "The Incredible Hulk" (Ed Norton's).
>>
>>77774322
Spidey's role in this will probably be like Falcon in Ant-Man
>>
>>77797207
>>Vibranium stolen from Wakanda

By Klaw. What does that have to do with the Avengers? Why wasn't he doing anything to stop Klaw from stealing his shit? Why is it suddenly the Avengers' problem that a thief who likely started stealing that stuff before the Avengers were formed stole stuff?

>>77797178

The UN building isn't something I'd recognize on sight. I was basing that on the fact that I know Ross is a general in the US military, and he seems to be the one orchestrating it.
>>
My biggest concern is that this film will be like AoU, where no consequences happen. I can just see a few fights, but the ending just has everyone shaking hands as if it never happened.

I just don't see them damaging anyone before their magnus opus of Infinity Wars, and let's be honest, they will need Steve, Tony and Thor for that film to break 2 billion.
>>
>>77797301
I don't see a reasons why IW would break 2 billion

There's no way it can happen
>>
>>77797301
>My biggest concern is that this film will be like AoU, where no consequences happen.

The main problem is that AoU should have been the one that ends with Tony and Cap pissed at each other, properly setting the stage for them to be adversaries.
>>
>>77797332
Marvel wanted AoU to break a billion, so they're gonna try even harder for IW.

Marvel Studios is kinda delusional at this point. Avengers was such a hit cause nobody expected 5 films to crossover the way it did. It was the first Superhero Team film that was made up of other team films. This made Marvel overconfident in thinking "If we make it, they will come" with AoU. But AoU didn't do anything that different, especially with the misleading ads.

It's gonna be an interesting time. I can see Civil War and GotG 2 breaking a billion, but I doubt IW can break 2 billion like they want.
>>
>>77773822
For free or for a fee?
>>
>>77773895
>People said the say thing about Whedon when he made Avengers.
no-one thought that film was well directed at all
>>
>>77797277
Its always been about the world governments. That was in the initial Synopsis
>>
>>77797585

>there are actually people who care what the UN says
>>
>>77774184
The problem is comics aren't trying new and interesting things, they're playing everything as boring and safe as they possibly can in order to draw in the movie audiences. The problem isn't them becoming mainstream or whatever, the problem is homogenizing everything to the point where it's all the same bland shit.

Just look at what happened to the comic GotG after the movie was announced.
>>
>>77774180

They may have made him look younger during Iron Man 1 and then stopped doing that.

In IM1 they said he was only in his mid twenties, but have since retconned that (much like Shield only just starting up) to be 40 something to better line up with his father being 20-30ish back during WW2 and closer to RDJ's actual age.
>>
>>77775363
>still image out of context of story
>cinematography
>>
>>77776883
I love Thanksgiving break posters
>>
>>77798960
SHIELD just starting up never made sense.

But I guess their original intent was "the world was just like ours until recently".
>>
>>77780676
BvS will revitalize this shit unfortunetely
>>
>>77782150
>revisionist history
>>
>>77801014

The original intent was Shield was a US government agency just starting out to take care of stuff like Stark's abduction because Iron Man was written with the possibilty that it would tank or only be a modest sucess and that would be the end of the MCU.

Then they decided they could do more with it and started retconning stuff.
>>
>>77801048

When was Whedon considered a good director on this board? Or did you think all the people saying "Bravo Joss" back in 2012 were sincere?
>>
>>77801028
I think BvS will be more like Phantom Menace for Star Wars will do good commercially but everyone who watches it will realize its a pile of shit
>>
File: the problems with comic books.gif (298KB, 500x2188px) Image search: [Google]
the problems with comic books.gif
298KB, 500x2188px
>>77773822
Can superhero movies and cinematic universes just die already?

It's not even a movie anymore, it's a product.

Nobody goes to watch this trash for characters or interesting/engaging stories or concepts, they go to watch it because it is all like:

>OH YOU KNOW THIS RIGHT? SUPER COOL THAT IT IS IN A MOVIE NOW RIGHT?

>GIVE US YOUR MONEY

>THIS MOVIE HAS THE SAME CARICATURES DOING THE SAME THINGS FROM THE LAST MOVIE. SUPER COOL!

>CHARACTER ARCS ARE OVERRATED

>OHOHOHOH WHAT'S THE END CREDIT SEQUENCE GOING TO BE THIS TIME? I SURE HOPE IT'S THANOS!

>EAT OUR GARBAGE UP YOU LITTLE SHITS.

>CONSUME

>CONSUME

>CONSUME

>PLOTS AND STORIES ARE SCARY AND HURT MY BRAIN TO FOLLOW

>CONSUME

>CONSUME

In fact, I pretty much hate superhero shit in general. No one talks about anything else but superheroes.

>Oh, what's your favorite comicbook?

>BATMAN
>SUPERMAN
>DEADPOOL
>>
>>77801723
>In fact, I pretty much hate superhero shit in general
An unforseen twist.
>>
>>77801787
It's just that no one does anything with superheroes. Same, inoffensive, status quo crap over and over again.

I chalk my hatred up to over-saturation.

I seriously hope cape movies go the way of the Western; just a fad that'll fade away in time.
>>
>>77801868
it will happen in next 4 years, you just have to be patient a litle more.
>>
File: 3212.jpg (48KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
3212.jpg
48KB, 500x490px
>>77801912
But its taint will never leave us.

We are going to have a Fast and Furious cinematic universe.

And a Ghostbusters cinematic universe.

And a Transformers cinematic universe.

And a Valiant Comics cinematic universe.

And a Universal Studios' Monster movies cinematic universe.

This shit is going to be going on until I hit my grave, and I'm in my fucking twenties.

Thanks, capefans. Thanks for ruining film in a way the late 90's-early 2000s couldn't even dream of doing.
>>
>>77802055
So just expend a tiny amount of effort to find people doing film you like you goddamn whining child. Go to a goddamn film festival or do some digging to find something that appeals to you, or just watch any of the dozens of movies that come out every year that aren't part of a cinematic universe.
>>
>>77802055
Hey I watched that Does MCU suck video too ayynon ;)
>>
File: Seriously.png (38KB, 195x193px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
38KB, 195x193px
>>77802147
I already do that. I'm just trying to make an appeal to the casual movie-going audience(ie, those who aren't as obsessive as me) that maybe paying ticket price for a bare-bones, pretty-pictures-arranged-in-a-sequence garbage is not a good idea and does not supply a satisfying film experience.

>>77802228
Thank you m'good gentlesir for defeating my argument with your dank shitposting ;)
>>
>>77802055
#firstworldproblems

the struggle is real
>>
>>77802713
I'm not complaining about the current state of the industry out of some type of lazy entitlement, I'm criticizing just how low our standards for quality storytelling is nowadays.

So please stop trying to disregard my argument by making presumptions.
>>
>>77802147
but anon anything that doesn't appeal to him shouldn't exist
>>
>>77802704
>I already do that. I'm just trying to make an appeal to the casual movie-going audience(ie, those who aren't as obsessive as me) that maybe paying ticket price for a bare-bones, pretty-pictures-arranged-in-a-sequence garbage is not a good idea and does not supply a satisfying film experience.

Man, I only found out about motte and bailey doctrines last week and already I can see them everywhere.
>>
It's also a big overhyped event. Many casuals eat up civil war as the best thing to come out of comics.
>>
File: Cool Story Bro.jpg (61KB, 571x570px) Image search: [Google]
Cool Story Bro.jpg
61KB, 571x570px
>>77773822
Civil War, as out of character as A LOT of characters were, is easily Marvel's best event.

It actually changed the status quo, even if we all knew it was temporary, brought a sense of uncertainty to certain comics, directly led into Dark Reign and GOAT comic runs like Incredible Herc.

And lets be real here, Iron Man was always a fascist cunt. See Armor Wars and Galactic Storm. This story just amp up traits that were there since the at least the 80s. Only Reed got fucked over by the story honestly, what with the Clor thing.

Come the fuck at me.
>>
>>77805622
Ill respond to you, I don't know if I have considered it BEST but Civil Was had many enjoyable moments. Peter Parker coming out made me cry. Still stings. Peter Parker died in One More Day. Marriage life can be in a comic book, right?
>>
>>77779929
I will say this as a Marvelfag; why is it that Whedon got to film in South Africa, Italy, and all manner of expensive locales that actually fit where the story was occurring in the world but suddenly when it comes to Cap and the Russos filming is restricted to Atlanta, even going so far as to try to dress up back alleys as being in Africa. WTF Marvel.
>>
>>77806429
It's called budget.

Avengers gets a bigger pot than CA.
>>
>>77802055
>Implying blockbuster movies were "good films" prior to capeshit/shared universe filmmaking
>Implying people that are into "cinema" as an art give a shit about big budget action movies anyway
>>
>>77773822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjgflIoCuKE

Tyrone Magnus reaction incoming. This guys excitement and joy is so fucking infectious
>>
>>77808175
This, marvel movies aren't replacing quality films but Transformers tier special effects driven action shit.

Capeshit is keeping movies like Godzilla 98 and Independence Day from being made.

Plus it was Marvel and now Disney, what movies were they making before cape shit? Either nothing or live action fairy tale remakes.
>>
>>77773934
Except mos was flawed but fucking incredible.
>>
>>77808353
>Capeshit is keeping movies like Godzilla 98 and Independence Day from being made.
Godzilla 98 was a damn good monster movie, just a poor Godzilla Adaption.
ID4 was a great alien invasion movie with a poor basis for the defeat of the aliens.
>>
>>77808848
>Godzilla 98 was a damn good monster movie
>ID4 was a great alien invasion movie
holy fuck, no
>>
>>77809041
Why???
All of G98's action sequences are strong, especially the sub battle, the score is incredible.
The cgi for the Adult G holds up.
Jean Reno is solid in the film.
>>
>>77809224
>All of G98's action sequences are strong
no, or does two dozen helicopters weaving between skyscrapers impress you?

>The cgi for the Adult G holds up
no, it can't even stay the same size throughout the movie and don't forget about the close up between it and Broderick holy shit is that bad

Then you have the totally not velociraptors babies and their fantastic cgi where they don't even stand on the floor properly

And one actor doing well doesn't make up for an awkward Broderick character, kathy griffin, and moe syzlak

Do I really need to explain to you how Independence Day is a bad movie too?
There's dumb action and then there's poorly made action.
>>
>>77809528
>no, or does two dozen helicopters weaving between skyscrapers impress you?
It was filmed well, and was surprisingly unique for monster films, as its rare we get a monster that large that is as swift and agile as he was in said film.

> and don't forget about the close up between it and Broderick holy shit is that bad
That looks great and isn't cgi, it was a prop.

> Then you have the totally not velociraptors babies and their fantastic cgi where they don't even stand on the floor properly
Nothing fucking wrong with them being smilar to velociraptors, and yes the cgi on them is poor which is why I only defended the adult's cgi.

> and then there's poorly made action
Other than the Star Wars canyon shit with the f-18's how was the action poorly made?
>>
>>77809689
>That looks great and isn't cgi, it was a prop.
>Nothing fucking wrong with them being smilar to velociraptors
Look this isn't the point of the thread but I just can't believe how stupid you are. This is why shitty movies keep being made.

You wanna know why you're wrong? Go make a thread on /tv/ and I'll happily meet you there but as for now it's just not worth it.
>>
File: Head.gif (18KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
Head.gif
18KB, 183x200px
>>77810155
>>That looks great and isn't cgi, it was a prop.
LIKE I FUCKING SAID, IT WAS A PROP SUPERIMPOSED IN THE SCENE!
>>
File: 1444136233062.jpg (4KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1444136233062.jpg
4KB, 200x176px
>>77773822
>that shitty cinematography
LMAO When will marvel stop making kids cartoon flicks?
>>
File: godzilla-1998.png (1MB, 1600x667px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla-1998.png
1MB, 1600x667px
>>77810440
totally not cgi at all, you're right
fucking idiot

It's like if I posted a picture of Cap's prop shield and claimed that the scene with Bucky and Cap beating up Iron Man uses a physical prop.

Or if you posted the miniature sets from Star Wars II and III and claimed that was proof they didn't paste ugly ass CGI all over it.

Just admit you're fucked in the head and move on.
>>
>>77810756
I love how everyone on /co is suddenly an informed student of film when it comes to the movies they don't like. Tell me, student of film, describe good "cinematography" to me? Describe aspects of shot composition, lighting, and framing. Thrall me with your acumen.
>>
>>77806745
I know, but it just galls the fuck outta me.
>>
>autism: the thread
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.