[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, /co/. You think you're better than them, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Be honest, /co/.

You think you're better than them, don't you?

Bendis, Hickman, Remender, Johns, Kirkman, Snyder, Finch... even the bigwigs like Ennis and Ellis.

You think you're better writers than them. You think you know comics better than them. You think that, given the opportunity, you could do their jobs better than they can.

It's okay to admit it. It's perfectly natural to feel that way.

And the best part of all is... for the most part, you're right. You ARE better. And you know it.
>>
File: danhitsthespotslott.jpg (36KB, 639x706px) Image search: [Google]
danhitsthespotslott.jpg
36KB, 639x706px
>>77726375
>the /a/rrogant mouth breathers of /co/
>better than established writers

Nah tbqh family
>>
I really don't, though. Some of those names? I think yeah, they've gotten so far up their own asses that they produce crap and think it's fine.

Others are doing quality work regularly, maybe not always groundbreaking, but you never see them phoning it in.
>>
Mark Waid looks like he doesn't want to be there.
>>
>>77726375
>muh diversity
>literally most of their staff is white guys
Fucking lol
>>
>>77726375
Not really.

Give Ennis all the shit you want, criticize him legitimately or like a prick but I know for a goddamn fact I will never be able to write anything nearly as poignant as him.

I mean goddamn War Stories is some depressing shit. And Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker.
>>
>>77726488
Hey, I see two white ladies and an Italian in a shemagh! That's almost diversity!
>>
>>77726576
>Italian
That's a paki tho bro, also you're missing a white girl but I'm pretty sure 3 of them are editors.
>>
You don't have to be a good writer to recognize shit when you see it.
>>
>>77726375
Who is this brave and beautiful anti-zionist freedom-fighter? And why Bendis is tolerating this little shit?
>>
File: 1448515299924.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1448515299924.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
>>77726926
Pic.
>>
>>77726375
I could probably beat up most of them. That's nothing to brag about, I guess.

>>77726478
>my feet hurt
>I miss Grant Morrison
>Johns never calls me
>I wanna go home
>>
>>77726375
I don't see Ennis or Ellis here.
>Bendis, Hickman, Remender, Johns, Kirkman, Snyder, Finch
They are mediocre writers working almost exclusevly in shitty genres like capeshit or pulp SF. If you're not a "fan" of Marvel/DC, there is nothing interesting about their stuff.
>>
Nope. They're doing shit I wish was doing and I'm not gonna' get anywhere by being a grumpy dumpy.
>>
>>77726942
Sana Amanat, she's an editor
>>
File: Capullo.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Capullo.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>>77727014
>could probably beat up most of them

If I had to fight a random writer/artist from Marvel or DC I would choose Marvel just so there is zero chance I end up against Greg Capullo
>>
>>77726375
>You think you know comics better than them.

This by nature of the fact that all we do is sit around reading wiki articles about comics.
>>
>>77726375
>You think you know comics better than them.
Well I know for a fact that Dennis Hopeless didn't read comics at all until College so I'm ahead of at least one of them
>>
>>77727016
Honestly, I hate you pretentious faggots way more than the most hack writers at either of the Big 2.
>>
>>77727418
What's pretentious about pointing out that their body of work has little variety?
>>
>>77727456
That's not pretentious, but claiming all capeshit is shitty, solely due to genre, is.
>>
File: aintthatsomshit.jpg (59KB, 524x451px) Image search: [Google]
aintthatsomshit.jpg
59KB, 524x451px
>>77726375

>better than them
No
>better than Bendis
Yes
>>
>white woman wearing a hijab
cringy as fuck, desu lads
>>
>>77726411
Family? Like relatives?
>>
>>77727340
Christ, I want him for a coach. Maybe he can teach me how to grow more even facial hair, too.
>>
>>77728411
Religion of peace, anon.
>>
Why does Gillian look so miserable?
>>
>>77726375
No. I think better writers could do a better job than them.

Stop being autistic OP.
>>
>>77730078
He had to write Angela.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.