[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the only films worthy of being nominated for Best Picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Best Pictures.jpg (73KB, 869x423px) Image search: [Google]
Best Pictures.jpg
73KB, 869x423px
These are the only films worthy of being nominated for Best Picture apparently. Do you agree?
>>
No.
>>
Nope. Animation will always get snubbed at the Academy, not sure if that will ever change.

Though I hope Inside Out gets the nod this year, even if there's no way it would actually win the award. It's my favorite film this year, easily.
>>
>>77714583
Toystory 3, Ratatouile and HTTYD
>>
>>77714583
No, UP is shit.
>>
File: roger fedora.png (353KB, 454x539px) Image search: [Google]
roger fedora.png
353KB, 454x539px
>>77714751
>>
>>77714751
I wouldn't go so far as to call it shit but it definitely got the push and eventual nod solely on the first 10 minutes. The rest of that movie is really messy.
>>
>>77714778
>le first 10 minutes meme
Fuck off
>>
>>77714732
>HTTYD
Enough already. The only goddamn reason /co/ worships this extremely overrated movie is because they want to fuck the weasly obnoxious main character and the lizards.
>>
Horror/Animation will always be snubbed at the academy.

Comedy films haven't been nominated in years.
>>
>>77714583
Up was just not a good movie at all. I didn't even want to finish it, I just skipped to the ending.

The lesson of most of Disney's movies is "follow your dreams." Well the lesson of Up is "destroy someone else's dream." because that's what Carl and Russel do. They go to South America, find the rare bird, destroy Muntz's dream of discovering the rare bird, and then kill him. Muntz wasn't even going to kill the bird, he just wanted to show it to the scientific community.
>>
Toy Story 1 should have been nominated.
>>
>>77714778
I like it because great designs, suprising ending and good storytelling
>>
>>77714828
He wasn't going to kill the bird, just take it away from its home and its babies, and kill any other humans he saw that might have been there for the bird.
>>
>>77714583
Why the fuck UP is so overrated?
the only amazing part was the intro , after that was just a generic movie.
Ratatoille and Wall-E are better by a mile.
>>
>>77714583
WALL-E kicks all of their arses
>>
>>77714583
They don't even bother to watch the movies they are voting on. The Oscar shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>77714860
I should say that I don't hate the movie or anything. I actaully like it quite a bit, I just feel that the plot can be all over the place, it feels like several different movies in one. Like they didn't really know what they wanted to do with it. Still enjoyable from start to finish, no doubt.

I'm just arguing that the best picture nod came mostly from the first 10 mins more than anything else
>>
>>77714828
The lesson of Up was a realistic one; "Don't let yourself become absorbed by one dream."

Carl and Charles both became enthralled by things they put on a pedestal all of their lives. Carl, however, was able to let go with Russel's intervention, something Charles was never able to bring himself to do.

"Life's an adventure," as Ellie said. Not every one will be successful, but never stop looking for them.
>>
>hurr durr only the first part of Up was good

It was the best adventure movie since The Last Crusade you fucking twats. Sorry you actually got a fun movie instead of some gritty drama about a widower falling into depression, or whatever the hell you wanted.
>>
>>77714583
Only Beauty and the Beast. Up and TS3 are overrated because muh feels.
There probably should be others, although it's as much about the other films in competition as about the films themselves.
There's a lot of good stuff in live action. Not necessarily what gets academy awards mind you.
>>
>>77714809
Hey at least it isn't the piece of narrative shit that was the sequel.
>>
BatB was actually pretty on point with it's characters.

Up did good in the first half, but fell flat with the villain.

I never saw Toy Story 3.
>>
>>77714828
Villains in Disney repeatedly show that following your dreams just makes you die, especially the Renaissance era.
>want to be sultan
>lol dead
>want to be king of the lions
>lol dead
>want to fuck that cute bookworm chick
>lol dead
>want money and fame
>lol dead
>>
>>77714821
>Comedy films haven't been nominated in years.
Comedy films nominated for Best Picture since 2010;
>The Kids Are All Right
>The Artist (which won)
>Midnight in Paris
>Silver Linings Playbook
>American Hustle
>Wolf of Wall Street
>Birdman (which won)
>The Grand Budapest Hotel
Unless you mean a straight-up comedy, something like The Night Before.
But those movies will never get nominated for anything because they're all shit
>>
>>77715615
It's not that following your dreams makes you die, it's that resorting to murder and cheap tactics to do so makes you die.
>>
>>77715615
>Jafar
>Scar
>Gaston (who literally does nothing wrong)

Drawing a blank on the last one. Clayton?
>>
>>77715070
Plus it's the closest thing we've gotten to a big-budget Carl Barks/Don Rosa ducks movie
>>
>>77715660
That guy from Pocahontas.
>>
>>77715660
>Gaston does nothing wrong
I love this meme
>>
>>77715649
Which is a pretty unrealistic lesson, but yeah, it's about the means, not the end.
>>
>Implying the Oscars aren't just a popularity and nepotism contest
>>
>>77714583

Up wasn't even the best animated film the year it came out.
>>
>>77714583
The latter two were only added after they started allowing up to 10 nominees instead of only 5, which was the case from 1944 all the way until 2009.

Family films rarely get nominated, regardless of whether they're animated or not. The academy almost exclusively recognizes drama, though with the 10 nominee spots available, now it's more likely that non-dramas will at least get a nod in the form of a nomination, though they will almost certainly lose.

You'll see more animated films get nominated in the future- I'm almost positive that Inside Out will be up for best picture this year, for instance, and then there's Anomalisa, which a true anomaly (haha) in that it's an animated adult drama which could be nominated and stands a chance of winning.
>>
>>77715768
Any sane person would think Belles father was a crazy person. Why wouldn't he be commited?

The only flaw is that He doesn't seem to question where Belle was for the better part of a year.
>>
>>77715761

Leach as well.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.