[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which has the stronger upcoming movie line-up, Fox, Warner or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: Worlds Collide.jpg (74KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
Worlds Collide.jpg
74KB, 560x415px
Which has the stronger upcoming movie line-up, Fox, Warner or Marvel?

>Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
>Wonder Woman (2017)
>Justice League (2017)
>Dark Universe (tent. 2017)
>Aquaman (2018)
>The Flash (2018)
>The Batman (tent. 2018)
>Shazam (2019)
>Justice League 2 (2019)
>Blue & Gold (tent. 2019)
>Green Lantern Corps (2020)
>Cyborg (2020)

>Captain America: Civil War (2016)
>Doctor Strange (2016)
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
>Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
>Black Panther (2018)
>Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 (2018)
>Ant-Man & The Wasp (2018)
>Captain Marvel (2019)
>Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (2019)
>Inhumans (2019)

>Deadpool (2016)
>X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
>Gambit (2016/2017)
>The Wolverine (2017)
>Deadpool & Cable (tent. 2017)
>New Mutants (tent. 2018)
>The X-Men (2018)
>>
DC has more of the stuff I'm interested in because of BvS, Justice League, Dark Universe and Batman. Marvel's lineup.......shit, I've lost interest in Civil War by now, the Thor franchise is in tatters, AoU drained any enthusiasm for the Avengers and I haven't heard anything about Black Panther beyond that all the black directors keep passing on it. I'm really only keen on Ant-Man & The Wasp.

I don't care about any of the Fox stuff aside from Apocalypse. Haven't heard shit about New Mutants.
>>
File: 1423720327699.jpg (621KB, 3152x602px) Image search: [Google]
1423720327699.jpg
621KB, 3152x602px
>>77613744
The line-up of DC is the most interesting, but if they fuck up BvS, it's over
>>
>>77613744
>Gambit (2016/2017)
Still surprised they went that route.
>>
>>77613744
Marvel's is safer but DC's is more interesting.
>>
>>77613744
DC has the real heavy hitters, I'll go with them.
>>
>>77613744
DC > Fox > Marvel
>>
>upcoming

half of those wont happen
>>
>>77613744
Stronger movie line up is Marvel. Warner stuff feels like pie in the sky dreams beyond Wonder Woman and it's just uncertain. Marvel stuff are known entities but they have the higher chance of having more consistently entertaining stuff.
All of Fox's stuff will likely suck ass except for Apocalypse which will probably be top 3 among all that stuff you listed.
>>
>>77613744
Marvel > X-Men > DC

I have faith that all the stuff Marvel has announced will be released. I'm looking forward to Deadpool the most so that's enough to put it over DC, even if I doubt most of those movies will come out. The DC films look decent so far but they've announced so much shit, I wouldn't be surprised to see 90% of them cancelled by this time next year.
>>
More interested in Marvel's stuff

I would be interested in Aquaman and Wonder Woman if the leads weren't mediocre and the Flash if the show never happened

I couldn't give less of a fuck about shit like Gambit, Green Lantern and Justice League Dark
>>
>>77613827
It's just a starring vehicle for Tatum, if it wasn't for him the movie wouldn't be getting made.
>>
>>77613744
You forgot "Suicide Squad" in your list, OP.
>>
>>77613744
Things I really want:

DC
>BvS
>Aquaman
>Shazam
>Blue and Fucking Gold

Marvel
>....

Fox
>Deadpool
>Apocalypse

I probably would be hyped for more Marvel shit if they hadn't already drained my enthusiasm so much..
>>
>still falling for marvel's assembly line movies
stay pleb, kids
>>
>>77613744
Well DC is going full "balls to the walls" so that they can get traction fast. I can`t say which i like more because i want to see all of them.

Except...
>Ant-man and Wasp
>Aquaman
>Wonder Waman
>New mutants
>>
MCU personally.

The DCCU seems a bit unorganized
>>
DC:
>BvS
>Suicide Squad
>Dark Universe
>The Batman
>Shazam

Marvel:
>Guardians 2
>Thor 3

Fox:
>X-Men: Apocalypse
>New Mutants
>>
Marvel already has built enough goodwill with the audience to release 2-to-3 movies per year. DC is just going all-out relying only on recognition factor and it might backfire hard.
>>
>>77613744
Marvel has the most massive with civil war and the infinity movies
>>
The fact that we still no almost nothing about Spidey in the MCU means that could be the biggest deal when he eventually happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 570x300px
DC. It not only has actual A-list characters but with the more unique visual style and less kiddy/Disney style movies I'm all in and welcome the return of patrician capeshit.

Marvel's gone on for 12 movies already and I'm so over it. Especially since they're moving on from their A-list due to age/contracts and trying to establish the next generation with B-listers. I'm too tired of them to stick around.

Fox you just can't trust. Additionally, the same X-Men have been around since the early 2000s, so I'm tired of seeing them too.
>>
I think what is holding me back with the DCCU is the Flash movie. We already have a Flash show that is doing that franchise in spades. Now we have to see him do his origins again and spend 2+ years to fight each villain one at a time? Why?!
>>
File: image.jpg (911KB, 1500x2277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
911KB, 1500x2277px
>>77613744
DC has the most interesting lineup but I'll have to see if BvS is good to really get excited.

In the likelyhood of success, Marvel obviously has the best lineup with their abundance of sequels.
>>
>>77614161
I liked Ant-Man a lot, but that was really the point where I could see the recipe.

I don't think that it's all the same shit with nothing new by this point (Guardians and Cap 2 aren't very similar) but by now the thought process itself is too obvious.
>>
DC has the more interesting lineup but I'll eat my hat if half of those movies actually see the light of day.
>>
DC no contest. They are giving all of their pivotal heroes that people have loved for years and my generation grew up with.

Like who thought that we'd ever get a Wonder Woman or Aquaman movie.

Not to sound ageist but anyone who thinks differently is probably under 21 and grew up with the MCU.
>>
File: image.png (419KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
419KB, 1136x640px
>>77614242
Film Marvel is quippy bullshit

Netflix Marvel is the good stuff
>>
As if DC's latest four mainstream movies haven't also followed a recipe. You just need to pick your poison.
>>
>>77614296
Guess which Marvel is more important.
>>
>>77614302
The new DC brain trust at WB has currently released ONE movie. So yeah.
>>
>>77614296
Basically. I'm done with film and TV Marvel. I'll stick around for Netflix Marvel.
>>
>>77613744
Marvel knows how to stay from typical capeshit has his own ''too-safe'' problem.
DC has an interesting line up but SNYDER
i just want shazam and Cap 3 to not suck
>>
>>77614302
True

But among those 4, 3 were about the same character in the same continuity with the same crew and the same director. Also, it took 8 years (2005-2013).

Marvel Studios are at 12 movies in the same timespan. Makes it feel much more obvious.
>>
>>77614370
Yeah the DC is rushing is just a meme spouted by drones. Hell their JL movies are 2 years apart.
>>
>>77613816
actor choice
>flash
good actor but is the role fitted for him?
>green lantern
great
>batman
who knows
>superman
great
>wonder woman
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
>aquaman
ew thats not prince aquaman
>cyborg
good
>>
I am not interested in Dc until 2017, that is the good stuff.

I am getting tired of marvel, i probably will just watch inhumans, BP and the new ant-man.

I dont really trust Fox but if deadpool and apocalypse is good i will wacth the next mutants movies including Gambit
>>
>>77614327
Yet they mimicked Nolan's Batman trilogy to the T.
>>
>>77614387
I can kind of accept Gritty aquaman since aquaman being a worthless little fish wimp has become a meme ingrained into society so going full on buff dude is understandable
Wonder woman is shit casting though.
>>
>>77614379
DC is rushing, bro. Nothing wrong with that, but don't ignore the truth.
>>
>>77614429
Yes. They had a hero save the city. What a bunch of fucking hacks.
>>
>>77614379
The filming of those films is gonna be disastrous
>>
>>77614429
No shit. Considering Nolan was the one who pitched and sold the concept, visual and thematic identities and hand picked Snyder to make the film along with his Dark Knight trilogy writer.

Now that Nolan is out of the picture, we'll see how the DC movies turn out. Especially since DC/WB is willing to embrace more comic-like elements like actual magic, multiple dimensions, time travel, etc.
>>
>>77614472
>Washed-out cinematography
>Grandiloquent speeches that often fall flat
>Excessively expository dialogue
>Heroes going through a hobo phase
>Flashbacks, lots of 'em.
>Serious and aiming to "legitimize" the character
>Hans Zimmer score
>Similar production design
>Even a good deal of dry cuts.
>>
I find it funny that everyone acts like this is all pick and choose when you guys can watch 13 hours streams
>>
>>77614518
>Considering Nolan was the one who pitched and sold the concept, visual and thematic identities

>Actually believing that

Nolan only facilitated for Goyer to pitch the movie and lent his name to add credence to the production.

>Especially since DC/WB is willing to embrace more comic-like elements like actual magic, multiple dimensions, time travel, etc.

Actual magic, maybe, but there's no word at all on parallel dimensions and time travel.
>>
I feel like the general public is going to be much more likely to go and see the Marvel movies, and then the Fox movies thinking they're made by Marvel. Either way, they both still have established characters and franchises.

Plenty of people will go to see Batman V Superman and maybe Wonderwoman, but I feel like a lot of people won't give a flying fuck about all the other DC related stuff.

In terms of quality, Marvel has already proven themselves, Fox is hugely hit or miss and Warner even more so.
>>
>>77614444
checked
>>77614433
i want prince aquaman being respected but i dont want it this way.the mainstream opinions on capeshit character sadly comes from their cartoons or movies performances tho
>>
>>77614559
I dunno about that, currently the Suicide squad trailer has gotten much more buzz than the BvS and it's just Harley Quinn and a bunch if no names.
Looking at the success of stuff like GotG or even Antman, having a cape movie about a literal who doesn't really mean it won't be successful. If they can make a good movie and market it correctly then normies will go watch it.
>>
>>77614559
ANTS
its all about the trust and effort putted in the product and its marketing.
>>
>>77613744
This picture made me realize why does everyone have a costume but Wolverine
>>
>>77614608
>>77614625

Yeah I'm not saying that no one will see the DC stuff, I just think that we're at a point where people will automatically see the Marvel logo on a movie poster and want to see it given their past movies.

And honestly, who is going to see a trailer or poster for Cyborg and not automatically going to assume it's Steel 2.0?
>>
>>77614552
>Nolan only facilitated for Goyer to pitch the movie and lent his name to add credence to the production.
You don't know shit. Read the artbook and production interviews. Nolan and his wife were pitching MoS to WB for years but just couldn't do it because they were busy with other products. It was his baby from the start.
>>
>>77614559
How old are you? I bet under 20.
>>
File: image.png (55KB, 900x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55KB, 900x648px
>>77614653
>And honestly, who is going to see a trailer or poster for Cyborg and not automatically going to assume it's Steel 2.0?
Current rumor is that DC/WB is backing away from a Cyborg solo since they don't trust the character to hold his own solo. Supposedly they're leaning to using his appearance in BvS to do a Teen Titans movie with Cyborg, which I think is definitely the better path. Initial Justice League would be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash. Which is pretty solid.
>>
>>77614552
>there's no word at all on parallel dimensions and time travel.
>A roster of films that includes Dark Universe and the freaking Flash
Does your special school have wi-fi as well as a short bus?
>>
>>77614444
How so? They are releasing the movies at a much slower pace than Marvel did initially.
>>
>>77614879
>Straight to 3 movies per year

Yeah... Not really.
>>
>>77614832
Unless you have ACTUAL confirmation of those elements being used, your optimism is no more valid than my skepticism.
>>
>>77614976
What? They aren't. It's 2 movies a year.
>>
>>77614533

can I have some sauce with that pasta?
>>
>>77614976
What three movies?

The 2018 Batman solo and 2019 Blue & Gold movies are rumored with no confirmation.

Dark Universe is being produced by New Line, a subsidiary of Warner which is going to do Vertigo oriented stuff. It has probably has nothing to do with the DCEU and even if it did they're working independently from Warner proper.

Dark Universe is also being produced by Scott Rudin, who did the Social Network, No Country for Old Men, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Captain Philips, True Grit, etc. Dark Universe is going to be awesome.
>>
>>77614976
>>77614444

Nice meme!
>>
Shit, Strange is out in 2016? Haven't seen anything about it.
>>
>>77615100
Quality doesn't really have anything to do with the discussiin, bro.
>>
>you can only pick one
fucking get back to /v/
>>
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Marvel has no female solo movies
>>
>>77615051
It's not pasta just because it's true.
>>
>>77614387
I honestly don't like the flash choice
>>
>>77615161
Neither does made up numbers. They aren't making 3 movies a year.
>>
>>77615155
It's been filming for two weeks, now.

>Benedict Cumberbatch is Stephen Strange.
>Chiwetel Ejiofor is Baron Mordo.
>Rachel McAdams is Night Nurse.
>Mads Mikkelsen is Dormammu.
>Tilda Swinton is the Ancient One.
>Michael Stuhlbarg is Nicodemus West.
>Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins also in the cast. Some people are saying Adkins might be Wong.
>Written by Jon Spaiths and directed by Scott Derrickson.
>Said to be more serious and have a lot of trippy imagery, including the Quantum Realm from Ant-Man.
>All about parallel dimensions, and how magic and science blend in quantum physics and that kind of shit.
>Probably gonna be a teaser with Civil War
>>
>>77614825
They should show reruns of the og titans or make a new one to get peoples memories back
>>
>>77615186
Neither has DC.

Both will in the next four years.

What was the point again?
>>
File: image.png (434KB, 1600x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
434KB, 1600x816px
>>77615161
>Discussion of quality not allowed.
Sorry. Guess I'll just have to talk about Marvel from now on.
>>
>>77614825
Source or bullshit, haven't read that anywhere else.
>>
>>77613816

This. BvS better be the event of the century is we want the other movies to be made. If not, we're gonna get stuck with Batman and all the Marvel memes.

Fox has the weakest line-up.
>>
>>77615286
It won't be.

But WB will never admit failure, probably not even in the face of a box office flop. They might revise their plans and scrap half the movies, but they'll still go forward with WONDER WOMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE 1 and 2 and THE BATMAN at least.

But it won't flop either. It'll break $1 billion plus some, I'd wager it'll clock at $1.3 billion.
>>
>>77614533
Nolan's trilogy wasn't washed out. In fact it's annoying how much better he is at color theory than Snyder given the fact that Nolan is literally color blind.
>>
>>77615285
Rumors have been floating around for awhile. Since the Cyborg movie is slotted so far, we're not going to hear anything solid for a good amount of time. It'd be a smarter direction to do, since people are aware of the Titans from the early show and TTG being really popular among kids right now.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3590392?lt_source=external,manual
>>
>Marveldrones are tsundere for DC

It's so funny how much they clearly love to hate them
>>
I don't care about any of these movies. Do I win?
>>
>>77615349
>Nolan is literally color blind

For real?

Interesting, I guess.
>>
Marvel, DC is WB, and they have proved time and again they don't know how to make a cape film that doesn't have Batman in it, and even then the Bat Films are usually bad.
>>
>>77615438
Well, there'll be more money in your pocket.
>>
>>77615482
Red/Green, yes. It's one of those weird pieces of celebrity trivia that floats around. But I guess when you have a good DP it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>77615416
Its actually the reverse, DC movie fans seem to have the little brother syndrome
>>
>>77615286
I don't think so. I think what we really have to worry about is Wonder Woman. WB will always put out Batman movies, and they're obviously willing to give Superman multiple tries because he's the most well known, but they've always been gunshy about anything outside of Batman and Superman.

BvS doing great, they might just chalk that up to it being their two biggest names. Wonder Woman, like Green Lantern before it, is the movie that has to succeed for us to get any other non Batman/Superman DC movies.
>>
>>77615510
Not at all. Go through every thread. MCU fans ALWAYS feel the need to attack DC and make up false facts like 3 movies a year.
>>
>>77615558
There are rumors pointing to three movies a year from 2017 onwards. Plus, the guy that brought it up didn't even say anything about Marvel.

Quit projecting.
>>
>>77615557
I think even if Wonder Woman flops, they would still give at least Flash a shot (if people like him in JL).

Also the success of Suicide Squad is important for non A-list movies (like Dark Universe and Sandman).
>>
Fox
Singer is the only one that really understands superhero movies, because he's gay and all superheroes are gay. Don't you see
As long as they have him, they're golden
>>
>>77615642
Rumors are not confirmation and 3 movies a year is not rushing after the initial 4 years of introducing a universe.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.