[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /co/ like Invincible? I recently blew through the entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Invincible V1-Zone-000.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Invincible V1-Zone-000.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
Does /co/ like Invincible? I recently blew through the entire series and it's become my favourite book out there, what are your favourite arcs and moments?

>dat conquest arc
>>
File: DCIM_34.jpg (153KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_34.jpg
153KB, 750x1000px
>/co/ is one being with singular taste
That being said, I think it is generally liked here.

I am about 90 chapters in so far and I am enjoying it. Even bought pic on sale.
My favourite thing about the series is seeing Mark evolve as a person. How his views on things change over time. Partnering up with Dinosaurus was cool.
>>
It starts out good but goes to shit with the Viltrume War. Hasn't really picked back up since then.
>>
>>77572182

shit man where'd you get that? how much?

and yea exactly, we see tons of superhero tropes all in one book and the characters are ever changing. I won't spoil where Mark is now but he's changed even more from where you are, it's incredibly interesting seeing him grow and change.

>>77572214
I enjoyed the viltrumite war... honestly I've enjoyed it all, did you stop reading or are you up to date?
>>
>>77572214
>Viltrume
That was pretty retarded of me.
>>77572232
I'm still reading. It hasn't been that great lately and this Reboot arc seems like a waste of time.
>>
>>77571928
>>77572214
Eveything about and around Mark is great
Everything about and around other chars is shit
Robot arc, Allen adventures, Oliver : shit shit shit
>>
>>77572271
I agree more than likely it'll be a waste of time, let's face it, Kirkman isn't just gonna throw away everything, but I do think the idea and execution has been great. And while I agree there has been a dip in quality it's still better than most other books on the stands right now.

>>77572299
how the fuck do you not like Allen???
>>
>>77572299
Fuck you, the robot arc was great.
>>
the "reboot" time travel arc is my first issue since like pops and oliver had to heal mark on that alien planet. circa 2011. really fantastic.
>>
>>77572182
>about 90 chapters
>Partner with Dinosaurus
Boy, are you in for a wild ride.
>>
>>77571928

Best comic and superhero universe, now that Ultimate Marvel is kill.
>>
>>77572232
>where'd you get that? how much?
I got it from the closing down Comic Kingdom in Sydney, but you could probably find it online. RRP is about $45 I think.
>>
>>77572333
yea he's a very interesting villain, I like that he's got the whole "in a way he's right" thing going on

>>77572355
oh after his rematch with conquest? that was probably the most brutal fight ever in a comic, fucking awesome.
>>
>>77572232
>>77572363
Quick google search: here it is cheaper than I said on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Invincible-Fatale-Statue/dp/B00APPH7JW
>>
>>77572363
I'm gonna look into that, didn't even know Invincible had merchandise, thanks man
>>
File: ConquestVsInvincible7.jpg (395KB, 1463x1125px) Image search: [Google]
ConquestVsInvincible7.jpg
395KB, 1463x1125px
>>77571928
I really like it.

My favorite moment was first battle with Conquest even though the point of that battle is just recycled from the first time Mark killed Angstrom Levy.
>Wah wah is it okay to kill irredeemable?

My least favorite part in its entirety is Eve.

I don't get why people say it turned to shit after Viltrumite War, I like it as much as I liked it before. Granted, I binge read, I can imagine waiting whole month for issue that expands upon shit Kirkman came up as he was going along in the last issue might get tedious.

Best part is Allen.
>>
>>77572363
Shit, Comic Kingdom is closing down? I always loved that old dive...
>>
Several months back someone storytimed all of it. Those threads were glorious.
>>
>>77572436
yea I binge read it too, thats why I dont get why people say it sucks now. also am I the only one who imagines Allen sounding like Patrick Warburton?

>>77572447
shit I would now but honestly I have 0 time to be storytiming like that right now
>>
>>77572441
Yeah man. If you can you should go back. For old time's sake... And the fact everything (sans a couple things) are 40% off!
I got the Eve statue, Fables volume 10, Hellblazer volume 9, League of Super Heroes ring, Orange/Sinestro/Indigo/Star Sapphire/White lantern rings for <$60.
>>
>>77572447
yeah, there were a lot of converts from those storytimes. it tookt he whole week but it was worthy.
>>
>>77571928
Is this your first day on /co/?
How could you not know how much we loved the rape.
>>
Are the spinoff books "Guarding the Globe" and "Invincible Universe" any good?
>>
>>77572753
uh no? but there are never any threads about it
>>
Invincible is one of my all time favorite books.

I toes the line of making fun of cliche super hero tropes and indulging in them in a very enjoyable way.

There are some weaker arcs, sure, but overall I'd say it's one of the more consistently solid books on the market.
>>
The book has been kind of shit starting from the Robot/Monster Girl storyline; I enjoyed the book all the way up to that though. Robot is not even remotely interesting and I wish Kirkman had built up to a different villain.
>>
>>77572720
Thanks for letting me know. This makes me really sad. I always fantasized about buying that place and turning it around. I KNOW I could run a better business than the grumpy old fart who works there.

A lot of space could be cleared in that store just by getting rid of all the shit that will NEVER sell, like VHS tapes and 90s Happy Meal toys. Put the new comics and trades downstairs so they sell better, turn their HUGE upstairs area into a games room where people can play YuGiOh, Magic the Gathering, Warhammer and start selling that shit. Sell cans of Coke at insane prices the the fat Asian kids playing the games.

That place is Sydney's oldest comic shop and so much could have been done with it. They had so many back issues too... This really breaks my heart.

I'm in Canberra, my working week is just starting. You think the store will still be round in a week or so? I'd make the trip for one last visit.
>>
>>77572770
Invencible universe is Guarding the globe 's new name after Marvel bitching about the name similarity with GOTG... And yes, the adventures of the new guardians of the globe team are awesome, wish It wasn't left behind.... You should also look for the Britt cómic book, it's the same universe and its awesome
>>
>>77572770
tl;dr
the spinoffs are even better than the invincible comic.
>>
>Two Invincible Threads on /co/ at the same time
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>77572873
>You think the store will still be round in a week or so?
I can't say definitively but I'd say so. They have A LOT of shit they need to get rid of. I doubt they will finally close for another few months at least.
>>
>>77572312
>how the fuck do you not like Allen???
Aside from that strange MUST ANNIHILATE EARTH moment he had, Allen is top tier bro material. He's great with Nolan, again, outside that one event.

The whole thing seemed like an idea cooked up to put Mark in a danger that he couldn't just regenerate his way out of, so they could do the reveal.
>>
I recently reread the entire thing and I've come to the conclusion that whenever it goes back to earth and deals with Earth related drama I could not give less of a shit.

Everything about Mark's story up until his dad turning out to be evil superman is your run of the mill "I'm a teenager with superpowers now" origin story and it's only once we get to Nolan going evil imperial agent that things get remotely nice.

Sure asshole kryptonians/saiyans aren't the most original of driving forces for a story but it's something compared to all the throw away characters in Invincible. Even the characters from Earth who have lasted the entire series (and got their own comics) all just come off as quick background characters made in a few seconds for the sake of having a "super hero community Earth" backdrop.

Maybe they blew their lode too soon with having the big final giant mega war happen like halfway through the comic but all subsequent arcs came off as "Mark you fought a dozen space hitlers you fucking around with your autistic dinosaur or robot friends matters so little".

Like they try to have Mark being a "different" hero in that he's learned to talk shit out but it never works because there always has to be a fight scene happen. At least with the Viltrumites it's a savage fight scene with actual threats.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.