[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slowpoke here. How good is this series? Accurate to any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: Gotham-2[1].png (672KB, 1193x659px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham-2[1].png
672KB, 1193x659px
Slowpoke here.

How good is this series? Accurate to any run of comics?
>>
>>77561866
Shit and no. If you like character assassination it's right up your alley.
>>
>>77561866

First season was wonky, but had some worthwhile points.

Second season is committing more to being "comic booky", not in the same was as Flash, but I still think it's worth watching.
>>
If you like the Burton!Verse, then you'll like this show. It's not the most faithful comicbook series, but it's fun in a dark campy way.
>>
>>77561866
One of the early episodes is an adaptation of the original Balloon Man storyline.
>>
>>77561866
It's like Adam West Batman with lots of blood.
>>
>>77561994
>>77562379
>>77562449
these
>>77561940
>salt
>>
Depends on how much you care about Jim Gordon's family. In the latest episode his wife Barbara Gordon tries to kill him when she escapes from the insane asylum.
>>
Casuals love it, neckbeards hate it.

I think you have to avoid thinking of it like an adaption, and instead treat it like an alternate universe story. It's not batman, and the characters aren't batman characters, but rather characters inspired by the batman mythos. If you can get over that, allegedly it's a decent enough show.
>>
Season one was okay. Season two is good and seems to have hit it's stride. Not entirely accurate to any comics. Best to think of it as an Elseworlds Nolanverse where it's the same sort of grounded characters who may be comic heros/villains but don't have costumes and powers.

It's fun and goofy in it's own way. Has a good amount of homages and easter eggs if you're fairly familiar with Batman/Gotham. Their depiction of Penguin is highly entertaining.
>>
>>77561866
It has the distinction of being the first Batman series where Penguin is the best character.
>>
>>77565822
In a world where there is no Batman (at least not yet, anyway) of course The Penguin would roam free.
>>
>>77561866
>How good is this series?
Pretty, pretty hammy but in a fun way.

>Accurate to any run of comics?
Almost none at all.
>>
File: BD-Wong-Hugo-Strange-600x600.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BD-Wong-Hugo-Strange-600x600.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
Who is /hype/ for based BD Wong as Hugo Strange?
>>
>>77565939
But Batman is always the worst character in his own series.
>>
>>77566485
The Brave and the Bold version was pretty based though.

>The hammer of justice is unisex!
>>
>>77566478
>That top left pic

Well holy fuck this might just work. I kind of really feel he should be burly, like, half the gag with Strange is he wants to be Batman, but we know the mans a fucking actor and a half, so.... so fucking cuatiously optomistic
>>
>>77566478

>tfw trolling the shit out of fans with the pics on the right
>tfw showing the top left after a month
>>
>>77561866
I like it mainly cause it shows more of a back story they never really showed about Bruce/Batman becoming the Bat. They either show Bruce as a teenager, or his parents, or like 90+ years before anything like this happened to Gotham or the like. Which is what I think is interesting. If you like the concept of kids acting like "mini adults" and bad cops acting like self appointed assholes (other like like Jim, Harvey and like 3 others), let's not forget Penguin and Riddler and the gangs.

I think in the first series, the gangs, Falcon vs Maronie(?) was a very good idea along with Fish. Fish was an excellent. She was a bitch you didn't fuck with.

As for Bruce and Selena, I like them as the pair of kids you can respect. The down side about it all is they don't EVER act like children. Like I said, they are "mini adults" so it makes it hard for me to take them serious. But the kid that Plays Bruce, he's really good in my opinion.

BUT take me with a grain of salt because I'm a DC comics nut. If it's DC comics, I prolly like. Not Supergirl tho. That show is bad.
>>
>>77561866
Best show on TV unironically.

Starts a little bit slow, but picks up quick. I kinda prefer the first season's crime drama stuff to this season's super fast paced cop warfare/politics, but it's still good.

It's not accurate to any particular comic run. It's more like a prequel to Burton Batman. They use the same music, dress Bruce the same, and have him act the same and stuff.

It's also a genuinely beautiful looking show, too. Not a lot of shows pay attention to set and shot design like Gotham does.
>>
It's awful in every conceivable way.
The writing, acting, characters, dialogue, visuals, etc all are awful.
Not to mention how hard it tries to be campy and how much it fails at it.
>>
>>77562177
I like Burton's films and think Gotham is pure garbage.
>>
>>77569043
>mini adults

So, to be fair, the three actual kids that do stuff are Bruce, who is legit autistic, Selena, who grew up around criminals and had to grow up fast, and Silver, who was raised to be an evil honey trap.

They do act like children when they lived together for a bit and actually got to play with each other, but then people tried to murder them and shit. You don't get to be a normal kid when shit like that happens.

>Fish
Ehhhhhhhh she overstayed her welcome. That whole shit with the Dollmaker was fucking worthless. She was a good antagonist for Penguin, but now that that's over, I'm glad she's gone.
>>
>>77569516
Taking votes: who thinks this is a buttblasted Arrow fag, and who thinks its an Agents of S.H.I.T fan?
>>
>>77569544
>HURR HE DUN LIKE MUH SHIT SHOW
>MUST LIKE SOME OTHER SHIT SHOW
Live-actionfags once again prove themselves to be pure cancer.
>>
>>77569559

>literally incapable of watching live action media

wew lad, that's some severe autism you got
>>
>>77569586
>thinking this a funny comeback
No wonder anyone who likes a shit show like Gotham would think this was funny and not cringeworthy. You love cringeworthy shit, after all.
>>
>>77569516
Anon, tell me what you don't like. SPECIFICALLY. Maybe drama based shows aren't you
>buttmad
calm down anon

>>77569538
>Bruce is Autistic.
wait explain

>Fishy overstayed
Maybe so, but she felt more of a character and stable one at that. She seemed cooler with 2 different colour eyes

>>77569559
> I can't stand a show that I love or characters from a comic book to be based in real life cause no one cause portray them right
;_;
cry me the nyle fag. Get over the fact that it's a show based on characters/city that aint even real. if you don't like it, don't watch it.
>>
>>77569627
>le buthhmad
>le ;_;>le cry more

I have a better idea.
How about you kill yourself, you retarded namefag?
>>
>>77569624
It's OK, there is help out there for you. I hear you people have a hard time processing how human faces work.

With time and effort, maybe someday you can become normal.

Good luck, anon!
>>
>>77569650
>another cringeworthy comeback
Are you a low-IQ redneck teenage girl? Probably with a facebook or tumblr.
You definitely sound like one.
>>
>>77569624
>all i know how to do is be an asshole to other anons who like things
It's people like you that have no friends irl that I laugh at cause you're sitting in the comic book store talking to the clerk and laughing at the new 52's and saying"OMG they are so shitty! Why did they do this to Batman and Robin!"
When you got Starbucks, and inside laugh at people who are completely different then you. Dude, get a fucking life. Just cause we like DC comic hero Shows, doesn't make them shitty.

I bet that more than likely, it comes down to the fact that Gotham is a super-hero-less show based before heroes. Is that it anon?

>>77569649
LOL
K
grow up and let people do what they want with out gettin all mad. Whatchu gone do? Come on. Post some copypasta. Tell me to kill myself again, that's all you have in your arsenal. On the inside you're a sad little man. Dreaming of something better, but all you can do is go anon, cry on 4chan with other faggots. So tell me something original. The only difference between you and I? I would have the balls to say this to any one even IRL. Would you? Nah. You'd cower back and leave your thoughts to yourself.

>>77569661
>I'm going to throw the basic social media under the bus cause I'm smart and I have no friends cause I can't trust no one
What's it like being lonely anon? THIS lonely.
Shit, I even have at least 10 people I can talk to anytime of the day. You tell people to kill themselves, seems like a better concept for you then me.
>>
>>77569627
A lot of the way Bruce acts is 100% the way somebody with IRL autism acts. He has problems with social development and overly invests himself into niche interests, but is uninterested in other things.

It's actually a pretty good take on the kind of person it would take to become Batman.
>>
>>77569683
I have no IRL friends, hate New 52, and like DC shows.

What now bitch
>>
>>77569683
Nice projection, as expected of a faggot namefag. I reiterate, kill yourself.

>grow up and let people do what they want
Says a retard namefag getting all butthurt someone dared to criticize his shit show.
>>
>>77569661
Get well soon. Stay strong! I'm rooting for you! <3
>>
>>77569544

Bugger off, mate. All the cape shows are awesome great in their own ways. Take your console war to /v/.
>>
>>77569712
Yup, definitely a redneck girl.
>>
>>77569687
How would you feel if you saw your parents just get killed? Lets take for a moment and think what would Bruce be like if he hadn't lost his parents and not become Batman.

Losing his parents triggered a type of depression in him. The only reason I can understand him is because I have severe depression and to Bruce, it's a type of coping mechanism that allows Bruce to figure out how to. Bruce isn't really struggling with friends. He has Cat. At least she is willing to fight for the friendship. Bruce is struggling to understand what is what idea.

Social Development can work in different fashions. Think about it, Bruce didn't really have friends growing up or maybe like 2 or 3. He's retarded rich. He's richie rich rich. So in a way, he never actually needed friends. Someone who is not commonly around other people his own age, doesn't know how to act accept the way he was already done so. That's like having a kid grow up around children younger than him and he acts the same way because of the mentality they were at. When that kid grows up, it's not a problem like Autism, it's a problem of what mental age the other kids were at that allowed him to be that way in a social circle, leaving him to look autistic.

That's like me, I hang around other teenagers sometimes (I'm 23) and a lot of times I hang around people around 10 years older than me as of my sister and her friends. So either I'm really immature or really mature depending on the situation and social circle.

TBC
>>77569701
Thank you for proving my point.

>>77569703
I'm not mad at all. What I'm mad about is that people like you coming in a thread, saying how shit something is, with out any evidence but projecting your own hate.
>projection
You like buzzwords don't you.

>>77569718
those girls are dumber than dirt anon! They dunno how tu use a compooter. They thank it's a paper wait...D:
>>
>>77569716
False. Arrow is Nolan pandering relationship drama, and this is coming from someone who likes Green Arrow. They just don't give a shit. S.H.I.E.L.D is just unmitigated cancer. Supergirl is just sort of blandly bad.

Flash is good, but I like the 90's Flash better. Lois and Clark is currently GOAT, though.
>>
>>77569750
so tbf you just rebutted "Bruce can't be autistic" with "Because I'm just like him!"

Thomas also specified in his will for Alfred to never, ever take Bruce to a shrink. You don't think of something like that unless your kid already has brain problems.

Lil' Bruce is basically the Big Bang Theory guy without a laugh track.
>>
>>77569750
>every post is full of buzzwords and actual projections
>accuses someone else of projecting
How long would it take for you to kill yourself, Jesus.
>>77569775
Whatever, just report him. He's obviously a retard.
>>
>>77569788
*accuses someone else of projecting and using buzzwords
Fixed.
>>
>>77569775

TBC>>>
This isn't to rule out that Bruce does or doesn't have autism. Bruce does have the ability to understand and work with a situation at hand. Bruce has shown that he can come to understand without questioning [most of the time]. That's where I think he doesn't. I know autism anon. I have been around a person (2 people actually) with severe autism/Asp and they don't quiet understand common social or conversation etiquette.

Example:
2 brothers I know, I commonly goto the mall with 1 to play magic, the other tags along for the car ride. They are both mentally around 7. When the other brother talks, he commonly interrupts his mother and I have to remind him that his mother was talking and to ask me or say something to me after she is finished or whomever was talking last. He does this a lot. Not realizing when the turn is his. Sorta like a talking stick concept.

I don't see that in Bruce.
>Because he's like me
no no, I'm saying for the depression part

>>77569752
I agree with this.
>Marvel show
marvel does awesome in movie but as for show? If it's not animated, it's prolly gonna suck.
>Supergirl
Google "nightwing series" and or "Dick Grayson Earth one"
both shows are way better than Supergirl
>Flash is good but
Yes, 90's flash was amazing. It runs this show over at lightspeed. I do love that Barry is Barry's dad

>don't take Bruce to a shrink
Maybe, or maybe he wants him to figure it out on his own and fight his own fears. It's another concept at least

>lois and clark
RIP AMAZING SHOW

>>77569788
>I don't like what you're saying and I can't have a real discussion on this board
Dude, fuck off if you don't like anything going on. I'm not doing anything wrong here and no one else here is either. We want to have a conversation about said shows. If you don't go away.
>>
>>77569810
Oh, the irony.
>state an opinion
>YOU LE MAD VIRGIN AND HATE EVRYTHIN
Conversation about shows is not always a ciclejerk and it doesn't have to be.
>>
>>77569881
That's fine. I don't mind a difference in opinions anon, by all means, have it. What I'm asking is to not be such an outright asshole about it. If you have a legit response, by all means, do so. Instead of
>LOL YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD
>I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE THIS GARBAGE
>STRAWMAN REASON AS TO WHY IT'S SHIT THAT I'VE GOOGLED AND OR SEEN OTHER PEOPLE SAY WITH OUT MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION

It's like me saying
I like supergirl and I don't like supergirl. I feel like it's a waste of a show and everything is done wrong, only for the aspect of that they are saying her name wrong, Jimmy Olson is meant to be a scronny white kid with ginger hair and freckles and a broken voice and her hair is not blonde. The story line is cheesy, the quality is youtube material, hell even Mysteryguitarman did a better hero on his channel
>>
>>77569909
>to not be such an outright asshole about it
Oh, fuck off, shitcunt. Are you legit autist and can't see irony of you being the biggest asshole ITT and then calling someone else out on being an asshole?
>strawman
You don't even know what that means. Fuck off, namefag.
>>
>>77569963
How was I being an asshole at all anon? I am legit talking about the show to people that want to talk about it while you and prolly 2 other people are being douchecanoes about it. I'm an asshole to those who are first.
Honestly I was thinking to use "generic reason" over Strawman. Sounds like it works better.

>namefag
Oh no. What will I ever do.
>>
File: crazybabs.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crazybabs.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
CANT QUEAN THE KEAN
>>
File: 1436405341795.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1436405341795.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>77570111
>tfw Amnesia plot inc
>>
>>77561866

It's like Year One because it's mostly a story about crime bosses and Gordon but instead of Catwoman and Batman we have two 9 year olds. So it kind of sucks. I watch it every week but it's barely better than AOS and Agent Carter. It's definitely in the bottom 3 cape tv shows right now. Flash, Daredevil, Arrow, Supergirl etc. are all more watchable for simply involving superheroics because Gotham is sorely missing it.
>>
>>77570168
>Flash
>Arrow
>Supergirl
>more watchable
>>
>>77570157
Please no. They made crazyBabs for a reason. Nobody liked whinyBabs. All she did was cause problems.

>>77570168
I will never understand why people get mad when a show that is entirely predicated on being about Gotham before Batman doesn't have Batman in it.

I can't tell you how many casuals I've seen talk about how they just watch it "just to see Batman show up."

Considering its probably the only current cape show that actually respects the brand its based on, I'd say that puts Gotham at the top, easily.
>>
>>77570168
>arrow
>smallvile 2.0 but worse
>watchable
>>
File: 1234599000987.jpg (8KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1234599000987.jpg
8KB, 246x200px
>>77569624
>>77569649
>>77569661
>>77569718
>spending this much time shitposting in a thread for a show you hate

I think it's time you get a hobby, anon.
>>
>>77570168
>arrow
>supergirl
>watchable
Arrow had 1 good season and supergirl is utter trash
>>
>>77570421
Is season 2 or 3 the good one?
>>
>>77570351
>replying to shitposters is shitposting
How about you fuck off, obviously biased faggot?
>>
>>77569984
So, you're too dumb to read your own posts and understand how you're an asshole? Didn't expect much else judging by your shit posts.
Fuck off, then.
>Oh no. What will I ever do.
Preferably kill yourself.
>>
>>77570820
>kill yourself
You keep saying that like I'm going to LOL K
fuck off faggot
>>
>>77570847
Why not? You're a fucking faggot after all.
>>
>>77570797
I think you need to calm down.
>>
>>77570856
:(
I can't help it anon. I am on 4chan after all. Why you gotta be so mean? I know it must be hard to be this overly autistic but you can get help anon, it's ok.
>>
>>77570900
>autistic
POT. KETTLE. BLACK.
>>
>>77570915
but my kettle is silver anon
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.