[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever get tired of Marvel/DC writers using the same villains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (153KB, 599x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 599x707px
Do you ever get tired of Marvel/DC writers using the same villains over and over again?
>>
>>77544103
yes
>inhumans are using kang as a bad guy
>x-men mr sinister

At least the avenger tittles are doing new villains
>>
>>77544103
No, honestly, as long as there's SOME buffer time between their appearances, like, Inhumans is too soon for more Kang after Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>77544143
>mr sinister
Is he really used all that often outside of 90s? In 00s/10s I only remember him in Messiah Complex and Gillen's X-Men then I stopped caring about X-Men altogether
>>
>>77544103
yes and no. I like it when there's a sort of escalator going on. The most powerful villains reach the point where they aren't even villains anymnore, they have become gods or gotten what they wanted or whjatever and no longer care for the affairs of mortals. The villains weaker than them then get a power boost or just a well written run to establish them as a ore serious threat, and people get 'promoted' so to speak. This then opens up niches near the bottom of the totem pole to introduce new villains that have yet to make a name for themself.
>>
>>77544103
Most of the new ones they've tried to push have been awful.

Like Relic.
>>
>>77544291
and regent
>>
>>77544103
I get bored of any villain that isn't the Sportsmaster.
>>
>>77544291
And Apocalypse Twins.
Which is surprising, because Archangel as Apocalypse was a very enjoyable villain and I thought Remender would make the twins work too
>>
>>77544291
But what about the Court of Owls in Batman?
>>
>>77544103
Hickman had new villains through most of the Avengers run and people here made fun of him for it. It's the catch 22 of comics because big 2 readers are thirsty for repetitiveness. It's a culture of people that only want the band to play the hits.
>>
>>77544669
>another boring ancient conspiracy with no personality
Meh.
>>
>>77544699
>But it was in Gotham all this time woooooo~

To be honest it was kinda difficult. Even Gordon having a sociopathic son was more believable
>>
I wish they started using more Spider-man's JMS villains.
>>
File: ASM_v2_051_02b.jpg (280KB, 989x1525px) Image search: [Google]
ASM_v2_051_02b.jpg
280KB, 989x1525px
>>77544795
Last time someone tried it was terrible.
Vegas Thirteen is my favourite new Spider-Man villain though. It'd be interesting to see him stick around and try to adapt to modern organized crime with his old-fashioned values.
>>
>>77544103
>be Wonder Woman fan
>any time one of the Wonder rogues is actually used is a cause for celebration
Nope. Remember how /co/ started to slightly pay attention to SM/WW when Circe was announced? That was nice. And ealier, during villains month people were mostly praising the idea of Cheetah being able to solo the League, which surprised me. I guess everyone somehow knew about her having Speed Force.

And now it looks like Legend of Wonder Woman is going to bring the Duke of Deception out of storage. Here's hoping this trend catches on.
>>
>>77544842
I've always thought "organized crime" stories were some of the weaker spider-man stories. Like an odd thing for spider-man to get involved with in the first place.
>>
>>77545102

But those happened mostly because Spider-Man foiled some big operation that cost Kingpin/Silvermane/whoever millions of dollars, leading to them hiring mercs to take care of the wallcrawler or at least keep him occupied and out of their operations, and when that didn't work and Spider-Man realized why he'd go after them with even more reckless abandon.
>>
>>77545062
I wanna see Angle Man and The Baroness
>>
>>77545102
Considering he gets involved with the Kingpin, Mr. Negative and Tombstone, it does make sense to have a story or two where Spider-Man is involved

But naturally the bosses or some of the muscle have special powers
>>
File: batman-43-mr-bloom[1].jpg (172KB, 673x1035px) Image search: [Google]
batman-43-mr-bloom[1].jpg
172KB, 673x1035px
>>77544103

Feels good getting a great new villain but he's getting pretty OP now. Then there's that one guy in Damian's book.
>>
>>77545177
Professor Pyg?
>>
>>77544103
I never, ever felt this way.
>>
>>77545177
>someone else liking Bloom
Muh nigga
>>
>>77545205

He's more of a Joker/Poison Ivy/Ragdoll fusion.

>>77545255

After overusing Joker Snyder finally made his own that captures his love of gore and horror perfectly.
>>
>>77544103
sometimes
>>
>>77545255
People in general DON'T like Bloom? What's wrong with them?
>>
>>77545309
I don't know, from what I've seen on /co/ people called him a Poison Ivy rip-off.
>>
>>77544669
I think a lot of the characters already mentioned like Relic and Regent are definitely shit.

But the Court of Owls is on a whole other level of absolute garbage.
>>
>>77545154
Of all the neglected Wonder rogues, Paula von Gunther makes the least sense. She's got built in sympathy points for all the "did nothing wrong" crowd. Though I suppose grey morals don't fit too well with status quo.

She'd be a better antagonist than Evil Percy Jackson at least. Still can't believe that's the best Finch could come up with. Goddamn.
>>
>>77544103
Once upon a time Mark Wade was applauded for having Flash move past the Rogues.
Now doing so is quoted as why Mark's Flash was a 'failure'.
Fans are fucking retarded and deserve the same old shit over and over again.
>>
>>77545449
But reusing Doom for a big event like Secret Wars?

And before that Red Skull with the whole good/evil inversion thing

And surprisingly, I was okay with Morlun being the villain in Spider-Verse since while it was a relatively old one, it was underutilized due to the whole mystical spider thing
>>
>>77544669
Mostly boring. And that Owlman is awful.
Johns created a better Owlman like a couple years later but he's probably just gonna die.
>>
Yeah I do, that's why most big two stuff I've been reading lately are mostly new and fresh and create new stuff or use more obscure stuff. Grayson, Midnighter, etc.

>>77545062
I was about to say the same thing.

Not even her own fucking book uses her own villains, so when it does, it's something to be happy about.
>>
>>77544103
Depends on how they are used. The Rogues in Flash are basically supporting characters in some runs. I think making recurring villains gives writers a chance to develop them.
>>
Sauron suuuuuucks
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.