[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.gamesradar.com/mark-mill ar-how-man-steel-traumat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 42

http://www.gamesradar.com/mark-millar-how-man-steel-traumatised-create-huck/

>How Man Of Steel traumatised me so much I created Huck by Mark Millar

>I want to remind everyone that we didn’t get into this game, didn’t dress up as these characters as kids, because they were so miserable and bad-ass and violent and cruel. We loved them because they were KIND and, deep down, I think we’re hungry for that right now just a few months before we see Superman throttle Batman or Captain America beat the Bejesus out of Iron Man while cinema audiences watch, wondering why the good guys went so bad.

God damn, this cuts deep.
>>
mfw Mark Millar is.. r-r-r-right
>>
File: Smurf.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Smurf.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>Millar wants everyone's attention again
>goes full NOT MUH
>>
Maybe if the people who liked superman in the past still liked him we wouldn't have got man of steel
>>
>>77521914
>we didn’t get into this game, didn’t dress up as these characters as kids, because they were so miserable and bad-ass and violent and cruel
Mark "What if this famous DC character was a total cunt" Millar sayeth.
>>
>>77521914
I seriously doubt Civil War will live up to its name, Marvel: Serious Miss-understanding sounds more like it.
>>
>>77522139
Yup. It at least made sense in the comics because of how many supers were involved. This is like, a family feud or something.
>>
>>77521914
>Man Of Steel traumatised me so much
Someone wants to pander to /tv/?
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 420x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 420x636px
Mark Millar, the guy that made Wanted, Kick Ass, The Secret Service and is currently attempting to make a Nemesis film, is traumatized wondering why the good guys went so bad. Yeah, fuck this bullshit attempt at attention grabbing.
>>
>didn’t dress up as these characters as kids, because they were so miserable and bad-ass and violent and cruel.

Sure...
>>
The only cruel thing I remember Superman doing in Man of Steel was wrecking that guy's truck.
>>
>I want to remind everyone that we didn’t get into this

What a broad fucking stroke and kinda condescending too.

Now he's gonna fucking tell me why did I get into this? Fuck him and fuck you.
>>
>>77521914

>>this is all a reflection of where we are as a world today
>>we are divided, angry, confused on friend or foe
>>as our society continues to swallow itself in meaningless chaos, the true threats to our survival grow daily
>>soon those threats will reveal themselves in devastating fashion
>>And the heroes of our world, despite their vast differences in petty opinion...will band together to help us from the greater threats, united

Some people want their happy little stories to feel better about their place in the world, but its not time for that, thats not art thats relevant to our times

Never before has this statement been truer "United we stand, divided we fall" and our art...our media...thats a reflection of that growing feeling of that statement

Its okay to long for simpler times, it is, but those times have passed and we cannot get them back

it is okay for you to cry now
>>
>>77522191
He's copying Alan Moore: after writing so many masterworks tep kek he's only making creator-owned and whining about capes not being fun anymore. Expect him to write some Avatar Press book in the future, /co/!
>>
>>77522191

Lol fuck off. The characters in his comics are entirely different than the superheroes he grew up with, and that's his point.

Your reading comprehension is fucked
>>
>>77521914
>Millar complaining about Captain America and Iron Man fighting
>when he wrote the Civil War comic in the first place
>>
>>77522243
He ruined a lot of them, yeah.

>>77522256
Maybe he's angry because Marvel won't give him royalties?
>>
>>77522256
God damnit, I forgot that for a second. How the fuck can he complain about that when he fucking wrote Civil War in the first place, and kicked the whole thing off by shitting all over the New Warriors, one of the most optimistic teams at the time.
>>
>>77522094
Literally this, he's just shilling his comic again.
>>
>Man of Steel came out 2yrs ago
>people still talking about it

The fuck?
>>
>>77522309
Sometimes people have a stick up their ass, but they will not take it off because they actually like it.
>>
>>77522071
Millar can do Superman. It's one of those weird things that don't seem like it'll work, but it does.
>>
>>77522349
Can he? I don't feel like reading anything else by him after all those crap books he made at Marvel and Wildstorm.
>>
>>77522243
His entire fucking one sentence concept for Nemesis was "What if Batman was the Joker." Dude makes material (original or not) full of edginess and violence and is now attempting to chastise people for doing the same (albeit in a much, much, MUCH tamer fashion) in an attempt to look like he's on some sort of moral high ground. Please fuck off.
>>
>>77521914
>Captain America beat the Bejesus out of Iron Man
>wondering why the good guys went so bad
Cool selective amnesia, Mark.
>>
>>77522309
It's an easy target, since apparently all superhero movies have to have the same tone, and if they even attempt to be different then they are worth nothing in the eyes of the populace.
>>
>>77522423
>since apparently all superhero movies have to have the same tone
They have to not be bad
>>
>>77522368
Red Son and Superman Adventures are both great. Very worth reading if you're interested in Supes.
>>
>>77522444
Oh yeah, I liked Red Son.
>>
>>77522440
Opinion is subjective; what you see as bad is what others may feel is good.

Tone is objective; what you see as dramatic is what others will see as dramatic. The difference there is whether or not you can do a good job of pulling off drama or comedy or romance or whatever.
>>
>>77522309
Massive hype and massive disappointment. It's the recipe for disaster. Remember the STAR WARS prequels.
>>
>>77522485
Shut up, millarfag.
>>
>>77522228
For me to cry, your post would have to be insightful and well-written enough to provoke an emotional response.

It wasn't.
>>
>>77522500
>m-muh MoS

Quit trying to retcon reality. It was a disappointment to most.
>>
>I don't understand why superheros are so edgy and violent now, with BvS and Civil War coming out.
>Wrote a Superman comic where he fights Batman and Batman blows himself up rather than be subjugated into a robotic Superman mind slave.
>Wrote the Civil War comic the movie is based off.
>Wrote the edgy and violent Wanted comic and made a movie.
>Wrote the edgy and violent Kick Ass comic and made a movie.
>Wrote the edgy and violent Secret Service comic and made a movie.
>Wrote the edgy and violent Nemesis comic and is trying to make a movie.

Fuck Millar. And fuck you if you're buying this bullshit.
>>
>>77522538
Nah, only to you and your fictional friends.
>>
I love Millar fucking pandered for years with shit until he got secure enough to tell actual great stories for their own sake.
>>
File: luthor.png (389KB, 407x416px) Image search: [Google]
luthor.png
389KB, 407x416px
>>77522564
>actual great stories
>>
>>77522559
>This much delusion

Live must be rough.
>>
>>77522600
>Live
Not as rough as your engrish.
>>
File: 1390277288041.png (469KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1390277288041.png
469KB, 720x404px
>>77522120
I liked Superman in the past, and still like him. As someone who doesn't start threads with "Am I the only one" I don't think I'm alone in this.
>>
>>77522694
Personally, I think true fans of a character like, or at least respect, all the versions of that character. Whoever fails to do so is just a casual.
>>
File: Do you see this mugga.png (288KB, 617x445px) Image search: [Google]
Do you see this mugga.png
288KB, 617x445px
>Or Captain America beat the bejesus out of Iron Man

...Isn't that something that Millar himself wrote?
>>
>>77521914
>MoS inspired a comic writer
and that's why it is a masterpiece
>>
>>77522872
It was the other way around, actually.
>>
>I didn't get into this game because I wanted to write comics but because I wanted to write shitty movie scripts
>>
>>77522891
>Since MoS is a masterpiece, it inspired a comic book writer's new project.
happy?
>>
File: Captain America 070.jpg (24KB, 232x461px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America 070.jpg
24KB, 232x461px
>>77522977
>didn't understand a word in my post
>>
>>77522387

It's a different character. He didn't make a Batman comic and turned him into a madman.

Different character.
Different comic.
Different universe.

Are you people really this dense?
>>
This thread is full of people taking this statement from him really personal and it's kinda fucking weird.

Like, you don't even know he's referring to when he says "we" so why are you acting like he's talking about your dumb ass?
>>
I thought MoS was a pretty badly written and joyless (as in I got no joy from it, not that it had no joy in it) movie, but why does everyone have to go all "not muh" as the main criticism of it?
>>
wow miller way to absolve yourself of any responsibility.
>>
>>77523048
You're the one with the hateboner, so you should know why.
>>
I got confused, so I read OP thinking it was Mark Waid.

When I realised it was Millar, I laughed. Like that fucking edgelord has any right to complain.
>>
>>77522294
>>77522256
It's no secret Millar had a hard time writing that because Marvel editorial and the Marvel writers were being major cunts with giving away plot points for his comic to readers in their own stories before the main CW issue came out and generally disliking Civil War while some of them are praising the story now just because there is a movie about it (Waid fucking included even though he was at DC at the time) and then Marvel is making Civil War 2.0 with Sam and Tony (two characters that Waid writes) going at it.

He probably even regrets writing the whole thing.

But mostly I think he's upset about MoS, Millar like Ennis is edgy but they don't like their Superman edgy, that shit is like a trigger to them.
>>
>>77521914
>Man of Steel was too grimdark for Edgelord Millar

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>77522243
>>77523040
Lol I was going to say this, at least Millar is not fucking with pre established characters that are mareted to kids.

>inb4 Ultimates
>>
>>77522227
Calm down autismo he's not specifically talking to you, stop getting triggered.
>>
Starlight was great

Not sold on this though, even with Rafa on art. It just smacks of "not going full retard" with it being Forrest Gump with superpowers.
>>
File: 1370253034568.jpg (19KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1370253034568.jpg
19KB, 241x230px
Millar? The writer who's known for writing edgy shit is now complaining about edgy shit?

That Mark Millar?
>>
>>77524071
He's talking for more than himself though, which is pretty fucking condescending, arrogant and retarded. Retard.
>>
File: background.jpg (79KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
79KB, 633x537px
>>77522820
>>
>>77524134
And he's completely right. Retard.
>>
>>77521914
>a writer who doesn't know the difference between whose and who's

Into the >>>/trash/
>>
File: image.jpg (688KB, 1280x1998px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
688KB, 1280x1998px
>>77523040
So Millar is justified in complaining because he didn't make an edgy and violent Superman and Batman. Those characters are sacred and people doing that are hacks. He just made edgy and violent Superman and Batman knockoffs. High ground, bitches!
>>
Fuck Mark Millar
>>
File: markmillargeniusofourgeneration.jpg (128KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
markmillargeniusofourgeneration.jpg
128KB, 646x1024px
>>77521914
Is this a joke?
>>
>>77524129
Well, Millar always had this put-on irony about his edginess.

DCEU is pretty unironic about its edginess.
>>
>>77522387
oh please
when millar wants to write edgy shit he creates his own characters
The stuff you see him making movies of are his own fucking characters he can decry the comics industry for fucking up Superman all he wants
What makes Batman successful is not what made other characters successful
>>
>>77524387

This post made me laugh. I'm honestly amazed at how much criticism Man of Steel gets compared to other superhero movies.

But this?

This is the icing on the cake.
>>
>>77522228
You are truly a dumbass piece of shit
>>
>>77522720
See, I think the complete opposite. The guys who get a characters logo tattooed on their shoulder, who don't have preferences of some interpretations over others, because they aren't invested in any of them are the casuals. True fans are drawn to characters because they see something likable and consistent in that character over multiple interpretations of the character when they are consistent, and thereby faithful to what drew the person to the character. Remember, people don't become fans after only reading or watching one story featuring a character. They may come to like them, and that leads to them seeking out more content featuring that character, and if after reading enough that they feel they have a good understanding of who the character is, they feel a special connection to that character, then they are fans. It's just as likely that someone might read or view one interpretation of a character that unbeknownst to them is an outlier of how the character is typically portrayed, and despite liking that version, after seeking out more content, they find out that the character really isn't for them after all. I think true fans are the ones who more than casuals have interpretations of their favorite characters they do not like, because on the whole, true fans are going to like many more versions of their choice character than they dislike, because if there is more that they dislike than they like, it is very arguable that they aren't really fans of the character. I acknowledge that fans will at least respect all versions, and while I agree with that I would argue that respecting things you don't like is a practice not every person does regardless of whether or not they profess to dislike or like something. The ability to do so is IMO something that is only practiced by those with a particular degree of maturity or civility.
>>
>>77524883
For what it is worth, I didn't like MoS, but I respect it as an attempt at reinterpreting the character. I respect the efforts of everyone involved in its production. It just was not for me. To be frank, Millar actually summed it up similarly to how I have in the past:

>These grown-up themes and situations opened us up to a whole generation of people who would never have considered buying a comic-book in the past and this new seriousness in superhero cinema, particularly in the past fourteen years, seemed appropriate in a world that had been hammered by terror attacks and financial crises.

>But we have to remember that these characters were created in the Great Depression to lift our spirits in the darkest times. When things are tough we maybe need a nice, uncomplicated hero a little more and so, like I said, I’m trying this once just to see what happens. As a reader I’m desperate for it.

>I can’t be alone in my need for something a bit more uplifting in my comic books and my superhero cinema. I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy last year and was blown away not just by an incredibly fun and upbeat movie, but by the sheer joy on the faces of the audience. That movie, featuring characters nobody had ever heard of, out-grossed even Spider-Man in 2014 because people, I think, are just needing a good time and a smile again.

>We really need something to make us feel good right now, this week perhaps more than any other in recent memory.

When Zack Snyder said he wanted to show how the world would realistically react to a being with Superman's abilities showing up, I loved it, because Millar is right. The world is shitty right now, and at least before MoS I really thought it could use a Superman to help us make it better, and thats what I was hoping for.
>>
>>77521914
Mark millar is a faggot who licks goats, also a hypocrite.
>>
>>77524904
That we'd get the crappy world freaking out about this different uncontrollable being, that they'd expect to behave the way we would, and by being "Superman" he'd show things don't need to be the way they've been. That we can be differet by being better, and that if we're better, we can make the world better, especially with "the" trailer using Jor-El's quote about him leading us into the sun. That's not what I got though. I got a guy in a Superman costume who did exactly what any of us would have done, thereby justifying the fears of the world. I've always loved the thought process that we should be afraid of aliens from elsewhere in the universe as well as the other thought process that says we shouldn't because fear of aliens only comes from a place of projecting human nature on to beings that could feasibly be completely different in any conceivable manner. This becomes the problem with making Superman too "relateable." When he exists in the uncanny valley of being raised by the Kents, experiencing "normal" human living, he becomes enough like us where we can believe that people could walk right by him while not in costume and think he is a human just like any other human on Earth. His being an alien is where he gets his abilties from, and some combination of the two lead to his being the alien that potentially sees how we can all make the world better, and sets an inspirational example for us to follow by doing what he does, with the manner he does so being the fruit of the combination of his potentially alien inherent good nature as well as the upbringing of the Kents. He needs to be Schrodinger-esque in that he is similar and different at the same time, and that is where Snyder failed, IMO. At it's core, he was so focused on making Superman just like us, that he showed the projection of human nature onto aliens. I will always prefer my Superman as the example I strive to be more like than the guys just like me, but the latter is what Snyder gave.
>>
>>77524924
I know we all think we'll get the inspirational Superman in BvS, but frankly all we have to go by is the same material that led me to believe I was getting a different movie in MoS than what I got. I'd be a fool to trust Snyder trailers again. Don't get me wrong. I'll be there the see BvS on premiere night, because I love these characters, but I'm expecting nothing but a continuation of the disappointment that began with MoS.
>>
>>77524002
Millar and Ennis are hypocritical fanboys.

The only way it can be described is pathetic, even after all the trash they put out and how much they shit on superheroes with shitty stories or illogical nonsense to put Clark on a pedestal and cry NOT MUH when he gets a single less than great adaptation.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x224px
>>77524656
I know "edgy" and "dark" likes to get thrown around about MoS a lot, but the film is far from both. "Serious?" Sure. "Edgy" and "dark?" No.

There are certain creators that can get away with what he's saying without looking like a complete hypocrite. Millar is far, far down that list.

Watchmen, the Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel combined don't equal the amount of edge in any one of Millar's movies.
>>
MOS was shit.

Can Millar even write something that isn't dark and edgy?
>>
Why do normalfags like dark and edgy so much?
>>
>>77525533
>>77525600
Jupiter's legacy and circle is pretty good with little to no edge
>>
>>77525643
Same with Superior, IMO. The baddie was dark, but the story was pretty comfy otherwise IIRC.
>>
>>77525533
Fuck off casual
>>
>>77522167
>/tv/
Man fuck you with your boogeyman. Mark loves superman more than anything. The real problem with him is that he such a good guy he can't do bad guys or grim stories without trying to hard. His nice and colorful stories are usually his best stuff, like adventures of superman, red son or starlight
>>
>>77524334
Superior is good, tho
>>
Man of Steel was a good movie tho
>>
>All of this /co/mblr brainwash
>B-but /co/mblr told me he was bad and edgy and misogynist and a promoter of rape and abortion culture
He can be pretty edgy but the guy loves Superman
>>
MOS was worthless shit. If you like it you are shit with no taste.
>>
>>77524883
>>77524904
>>77524924
>>77524943
Man, what a copypasta thread I missed

>>77526050
Hi Millar!
>>
>>77525965
There's a reason it only has 56% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Hint: it's garbage.
>>
>>77524816
Indeed, people who dislike MoS are hypocrites or losers or both.
>>
Mark miller is a smart businessman

he knows what hes saying and doing
>>
>>77526084
>TRIGGERED.jpg
My poor Ladderbro.
>>
>>77526082
Sorry m8. Being concise is a already struggle, and while discussing MoS, I really try to be as clear as possible to avoid misinterpretation. I've danced this dance too many times not to.
>>
File: 1304305167716.jpg (71KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1304305167716.jpg
71KB, 344x341px
>>77526119
Is dat some Stillwell?
>>
>>77526120
Copypasting is a man's job, baby.
>>
>>77526138
It's not pasta though. I wrote all that out earlier.
>>
>>77526136
>Madonna fan
Yup, it's Ladderbro.
>>
Millar must be sick and dying. Don't be surprised if he starts apologizing to people he hurt in the past.
>>
>>77526159
Where do you get Madaonna fan from?
>>
>>77526120
You're doing fine.

People who liked MOS just get confused easily and need a little help understanding things.

Try using smaller words and shorter sentences for them.
>>
>>77526175
You told me long ago. Gaaaay.

>>77526186
>I'm intelligent because I hate DC
Yeah, we know.
>>
>>77526204
Oh I like DC, both comics and some of their movies. I can just recognize a bad movie when I see one, and MOS is certainly one.

You might want to try thinking instead of mindless fanboyism.
>>
>>77526204
I actually didn't because I'm not Ladderbro, but it wouldn't be the first time you made that incorrect assumption. Honestly, I can't recall if you'd erred more thinking that, or that I hate DC because I don't think MoS was God's gift to cinema.
Where've you been? I haven't seen you around these parts for a long time. Did you finally finish up a long term ban, or did you stop taking your medicine again?
>>
>>77522270
Why would they give him royalties? They're not using his story in any meaningful sense, and that's all he could possibly get them for anyway. Iron Man 3 used more of Extremis than Civil War will use of the comic, and Warren Ellis explicitly said he didn't get a penny and didn't care.

>>77522309
Green Lantern was four years ago and there are still semi-regular threads about it.
>>
>>77526263
>>77526264
>I like DC
Heh sure.

>>77526321
>Green Lantern was four years ago and there are still semi-regular threads about it.
Autism is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>77526264
>Where've you been? I haven't seen you around these parts for a long time.
Life, anon. A job, a social life, the gym, etc. But nice to know you were waiting for me all this time; renouncing to all that for one person... wow.
>>
File: Kek-Adam.png (238KB, 425x534px)
Kek-Adam.png
238KB, 425x534px
>>77526584
>But nice to know you were waiting for me
Actually, it was wonderful without you. It's just always fun to see someone shitpost them self into a ban. Nothing makes me happier than the sudden appearance of a [DELETED] by each of your comments followed by the comfy that follows.
>>
>new form of media comes out
>starts off with tech demo level crap with either extremely minimalistic or flat out no story
>slowly progresses to very simplistic story usually filled with black and white morals
>golden age hits as people decide to explore the nature of the human condition and craft nuanced stories
>devolves into pandering and cash grabs as there is now money to be made in the business

Literally the course of every art form, comics/Superman aren't immune to it.
>>
>>77526584
Mom cut off the Internet for a while, huh?
>>
>>77526647
>>77526657
Time for mad, I guess?
>>
File: 1200684580572.jpg (7KB, 192x270px) Image search: [Google]
1200684580572.jpg
7KB, 192x270px
>>77526690
Something else actually. I was wondering when I'd get to use this again.
>>
>>77526722
No! Not the hiding!
>dies
>>
>>77526657
What was it, did you let your piss bottles pile up again?
>>
>>77522228
Fuck you. Fuck you for triggering me so well that I'm now adopting a trip to argue with you and to do what I said I was done with. Fuck you. This defeatist pussy attitude you have are the reason you yourself think we can't have those times back. And it's the reason why people thought Man of Steel was cynical and soulless as if WASN'T.

Everyone is allowed to not like MoS and are more than free to not look forward to BvS. But if you ask me MoS and hopefully BvS arent about dreaming up a simpler time but of making a better tomorrow, the BvS subtitle is DAWN OF JUSTICE for fucks sake. I'm not saying BvS will be a knockout, it very well could be the worse thing to ever happen but the path of coming from darkness to light will always be more powerful than a ready made world of sugar and sunshine.

I know I'm not really disputing any points here, but I was triggered and I had to let this all out.
>>
>>77526894
Too evident, anon. Try again.
>>
Also, I enjoy riding horse dick and taking a bath in the jizz after removing it from my asshole.
>>
>>77526690
Yes.
>>77526894
>>77526980
>>
>>77526894
But how can you be making a better tomorrow with an authoritarian and therefore anti-democratic and ultimately anti-American organisation formed between a foreign agitator, a billionaire misanthrope, and a pussy from outer space?
>>
>>77526980
Horse jizz is good for the skin and a healthy snack after your bath. Smart thinking, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 500x307px
>>77521914
IT'S A MOVIE, MARK, IT'S NOT REAL

IT'S A MOVIE

IT'S NOT REAL
>>
>>77526924
Of?

>>77527031
You can't but unless BvS comes out and is exactly what you're implying it will be that's not what they're trying to do.
>>
I wonder how many people in the thread actually read the article. I really enjoyed it and Millar has some really good points even though I don't necessarily agree with all of them I think he has a stance I can get behind, at least to a degree.
>>
>>77527156
This is a /tv/ thread now. Don't interrupt, Millar.
>>
File: 1433867279062.jpg (18KB, 250x262px) Image search: [Google]
1433867279062.jpg
18KB, 250x262px
>Bob Chipman butthurt about MoS
>Waid butthurt
>Morrison butthurt
>most every Marvel writer butthurt
>even fucking Mark Millar butthurt

Never have I seen one movie get so many people bum-blasted

I guarantee in ten years when the Marvel Studios era has run its course and is wallowing in reboot hell we will still be talking about every little thing in Man of Steel while most everyone won't even remember what happened in the third Iron Man movie.
>>
>>77527148
Of course I admit this acknowledging that I have no idea what they're trying to do, and if you listen two any random comments by any two people affiliated with WB productions, discussing the same topic, it doesn't seem they know what they're trying to do either.
>>
>>77527270
There was a third Iron Man movie?
>>
>>77527031
you say that like America is a democracy rather than a plutocratic oligarchy.

Anyway, it's easy to make a better tomorrow when executive power is in as few hands as possible, because you can just assassinate every leader that doesn't do a good enough job, and in the meantime there's less obstructions getting in the way of a leader that does want to make things better.

It's not perfect but it's by all means a valid alternative.
>>
>>77527270
That's true, people continue to talk about famously shit movies long after they're out.

Heaven's Gate, Howard the Duck, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Ishtar Battlefield Earth

Man of Steel will join these hallowed ranks of shit as examples of failures and lessons in what not to do in films for years to come.
>>
>>77527400
>Ishtar
>shit

pls go
>>
>>77527400
>Heaven's Gate
>shit
Laddie pls
>>
>>77527400

>Failures
>People still debating it's themes
>A sequel coming out in 4 months

There's the real world and then there's your world.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>77527400
>he doesn't like Plan 9 From Outer Space
>>
>>77527428
>>77527430

Normally I'd think you're trolling but I'm guess you're both fans of MOS which means your taste is such shit you probably mean it.
>>
>>77527400
>Heaven's Gate
The complete version is godly.
>Howard the Duck
It will be good once Marvel Studios make their own version
>Plan 9 From Outer Space
Everyone likes it now.
>Ishtar Battlefield Earth
Didn't see them, but if /tv/ hates them they must be good.
>>
>>77521914

I didn't get into Superman because he was kind. I was into the character because he had great superpowers, fought aliens and hung out in space. I find it amazing how many people didn't get butthurt about Superman Returns with the keking, Lex fucking old ladies and Superman not having a single line in his own movie.
>>
>>77527474
Ishtar is a quite mediocre buddy road comedy with some solid timing.
The reason it gets a bad rap is SOLELY based on it's horrible and troubled production
>>
>>77527470
The intensity with which you spout all this hate is almost sexual. What a perv.
>>
>>77527466
So bad it's good is still bad, anon.

People think the movie is hilariously bad, which it is. I guess if you're trying to say in the future people will be laughing at MOS at entertaining garbage, I'm with you.
>>
>>77521914

I actually liked dream sequence Superman. Also he wasn't even evil he was protesting terraforming the Earth the whole time. I like how this movie actually managed to go over poeple's heads. It's probably my favorite capeshit movie because of the soundtrack and the first 30 minutes being better than everything Disney and Nolan have done. Recent X-men flicks are a close second though. End rant.
>>
>>77527500
>The reason it gets a bad rap is SOLELY based on it's horrible and troubled production
Exactly. Just like Heaven's Gate, Cotton Club, Blade Runner, etc. It's a criterion that an exec, not a moviegoer would use, and therefore invalid.
>>
>Trying to make comic books deep
gg
>>
>>77527499
No one cares about Superman returns because it was a forgettable blip. It came, it sucked, it went.

MOS is supposed to be one of the cornerstones of the DCEU so people care more.
>>
>>77522256

Yeah thanks Millar for Ultimate universe and fucking Civil War, one of the dumbest and most out of character events of all time.
>>
>>77522309
Well Star Wars came out in 1977 and a lot of people is still talking about it.
>>
>>77527400
>Battlefield Earth

2deep4u
>>
>>77527501
Well, I have been jerking off this entire time.
>>
>>77522387

Yeah I thought that was weird too. Millar's stuff is needlessly crass and gorey and he has the audacity to say Man of Steel was too edgy? I like Millar but it's too hypocritical. You simply can't have it both ways..
>>
>>77527538
>the first 30 minutes being better than everything Disney and Nolan have done
Mah nigga although I disagree about NOlan.

>>77527586
That means ladderbro hates SW.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 508x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 508x610px
>>77527451
Fant4stic is one of the biggest capeshit bombs in recent years, financially and critically, yet people have forgotten about it.

Man of Steel got mixed reviews but made its money and has a hyped up sequel coming out in a few months and people still discuss and argue about it.

>people can't accept this
>>
>>77527561
It doesn't make sense to call the Ultimate universe "out of character". The whole point was to reinvent the characters.
>>
>>77522444

Millar gets Superman but complaining about MOS feels weird to me mostly because when I think of Millar I think of shit like Kick Ass and Nemesis first which is over the top violence and nihilist shit all the time. He doesn't have right to be butt hurt.
>>
>>77527631
>Kick-Ass
>nihilist
gud 1
>>
>>77522232

>Expect him to write some Avatar Press book in the future, /co/!

The Unfunnies 2 when?
>>
>>77522542

I like Millar's work but this post basically sums up why he is being a retard.
>>
>>77527614
>people still discuss and argue about it
Especially the haters; jeez, at the end of the day it is haters that keep MoS alive with all these threads! They should apply for a position at WB unless they already are?.
>>
>>77527451
DC was desperate to copy Marvel and start it's own movie universe, so it's building on what it has.

Doesn't mean MOS has any value as a movie, just that it has plenty of value as marketing. Terrible movies make money and get sequels all the time.

You probably think the recent Transformers movies are masterpieces, since they made a ton of money and got many sequels.
>>
>>77522071
>http://www.gamesradar.com/mark-millar-how-man-steel-traumatised-create-huck/

Yeah, but he is an ENORMOUS part of the problem. From the man whose last three comics where all about heroes killing, gay, and other shit, this reeks of hypocrisy.

Oh, and if Mark hates the modern version of Superman so much he should maybe consider WRITING the Superman books. He hasn't written the man of steel in years.
>>
>>77522720

I agree with this. I love Superman and Batman but I don't get butthurt when different versions of them show up in alternate universes or in the movies. Yeah I hated Returns and Batman and Robin but that doesn't mean they were some great betrayals to the characters or something. Not all movies are good and this isn't news. Even the worst cape shit is cool on some level. Sort of like how bad pizza is still edible. I don't really like what Disney is doing but I still watch the movies atleast once. I think these writers need to get over themselves as the characters they are complaining about started off as edgy murderers. Superman and Batman straight up killed people in the golden age lets not pretend it didn't happen and only post crisis shit is real or something.
>>
>>77527680
>masterpieces, since they made a ton of money and got many sequels.
Which means the Marvel movies are crap. Thanks for telling us, Ladderbro.
>>
>>77527680
Yet there aren't a legion of people jumping to declare that they like Transformers and enjoy how Micheal Bay revitalized their childhood in a wonderful way.
>>
>>77527696
>From the man whose last three comics where all about heroes killing, gay, and other shit, this reeks of hypocrisy.

>last three comics

>MPH
>Starlight
>Jupiter's Circle

You must have a skewed vision
>>
File: 2_img_inset.jpg (741KB, 1998x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2_img_inset.jpg
741KB, 1998x1080px
>>77527614
Man of Steel was also entertaining as fuck and visually appealing. I enjoyed every fight and every scene where Snyder could show off the cities or spaceships in all their glory.

>inb4 someone posts that Fan4stic gif of Thing vs the tank
>>
>>77527715
Mah nigga.

>>77527730
TF fans, anon.
>>
>>77522120
That's fucking bullshit. If they hadn't changed the character people would still buy his book. DC fucked up Superman, that's on them not fans.
>>
File: 1446968897404.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1446968897404.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
Has anyone submitted any pitches for the Millarworld annual? Deadline is Nov. 30th.

>mfw a /co/mrade gets his shit drawn after being keked by Oni Press
>>
>>77527614

It's called denial. People can't accept that there is actually content to talk about in Man of Steel and they're bothered so much about the departure from the Superman that they're used to, they're unwilling to look at it any other way. Which is funny when a good majority of great Superman stories come from Elseworlds.

>>77527680

You're delusional. DC already struck gold years before Marvel with Superman and Batman movies. The only thing the're "behind on" is a shared universe. And it's already shaping up to look better than most of what Marvel is putting out.

I say this as someone who loved Ant Man and Captain America. You're delusional.
>>
>>77522129
his Wonder Woman pitch

>what if she was gang banged.
>>
>>77527538
>I like how this movie actually managed to go over poeple's heads.

I like it but it makes me sad that it did, there's so many little moments in this film yet everyone completely misses them because of the muted colors. Apparently you can film a monologue about a holocaust survivors story but if its set in a house built by dr. Seuss than its a feel good adventure tale.
>>
>>77527717
You really need to move beyond "Cowboys vs. Indians" thinking, anon.

A lot of Marvel movies were crap. Some were okay. Some DC movies were good, some were crap. Saying MOS sucked doesn't mean all Marvel is good, or all DC is bad. The MCU has its share of clunkers that largely get propped up by the better movies too.

A movie being good or not has nothing to do with how much money it made.

I don't get the Ladderbro thing. I guess it's one of those "memes" the kids love.
>>
>>77527780
>muh colors
Give this baby a crayon so he can be happy, /co/.
>>
>>77522349
But that was when he still had a repository of concepts Morrison gave him. MPH, I still believe that was a Morrison joke he took and made a comic about.
>>
>>77527788
>A lot of Marvel movies were crap
B-but ladderbro said...

>>77527737
>dem references to cape movies
Birdman, fuck yeah.
>>
>>77527804
>MPH, I still believe that was a Morrison joke he took and made a comic about.

Yeah, you pulled that out of your ass
>>
>>77526894
As if any of us give a shit because you were triggered, we can all see the world is bitterly dark. That doesn't mean that art has to reproduce reality. It can be a dream, like the original Star Trek.
>>
>>77527798

I wasn't complaining about them. I do think it didn't need to so somber looking it didn't hurt the film for ms significantly
>>
>>77527788
Don't try, anon. Going beyond black and white simplicity with him just makes his head explode and vanish from the board for months.

Please continue.
>>
File: hm034 17.jpg (280KB, 808x1177px) Image search: [Google]
hm034 17.jpg
280KB, 808x1177px
The edgiest writers like Superman.

see: Garth Ennis
>>
>>77527858
>CavillRed
No longer Xenos?
>>
>>77527764
You're intentionally distorting history, or maybe you just don't know.

DC had shit luck with films for a long time. They struck gold in 1989 with Batman, but squandered it over the 90s. It was the Nolan trilogy that revitalized the brand after the joke it had become, and Batman Begins came out long after Marvel launched the modern comic movie era with X-Men and Spider-Man.

DC also struck gold in 1978 with Superman the Movie, but then also squandered that with a series of increasingly terrible sequels. DC struggled to find a hit with Superman again for decades after the failure of Superman IV in 1987, which it failed to do with Superman Returns. They managed to get something that could use in MOS, as bad as it is.

If you're going to talk "reality", you might want to actually learn about and understand it.
>>
File: hm034 18.jpg (295KB, 800x1177px) Image search: [Google]
hm034 18.jpg
295KB, 800x1177px
You can tell if someone's a total hack if they write edgy shit and still hate Superman

see: Frank Miller
>>
>>77521914

What a fucking hypocrite. The guy who wrote Ultimates and Civil War complaining about superheroes being "bad ass and violent"?
>>
>>77527731
Just the one you mention contain murder, PC, Drug overdose, and theft on a grand scale.
>>
>>77527896
Wouldn't you like to know.
>>
>>77527900
>trust me, I'm an expert
>>
>>77527908
It's all about execution my man
>>
>>77521914
Says the dickhead that wrote Civil War.

I'd agree if he wasn't such a hypocrite.
>>
>>77522191
I was thinking that but it makes sense
I mean, if all the heroes are being assholes, then Millar doesn't stand out anymore and loses business.

Plus it's kind of hard to hear him of all people say this and then chimp out with a "you just want campy donnerfag all star supermna" shit like happens in every fucking DC movie thread.
>>
File: JLA - Hitman #2 043.jpg (389KB, 1280x1904px) Image search: [Google]
JLA - Hitman #2 043.jpg
389KB, 1280x1904px
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 620x961px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 620x961px
>>77521914
The man who wrote Captain American declaring a guy with his shield doesn't get to complain about edgey superheroes.
>>
>>77526084

>Rotten tomatoes

Comes out in 1998 and offers percentages as a consensus on a movie instead of genuine assessment. Most reviewers work for shitty newspapers that people don't read in real life. User reviews on this site are generally more accurate.

>IMDB

Comes out in 1990. Offers user reviews and a nearly encyclopedic database of every detail you would hope to find out about a movie. Reviews are more detailed and it's top movie lists and movie news are much more acclaimed and important in the business.

Am I the only one that cringes when people cite Rotten Tomatoes as their reason for seeing a movie?

Keep in mind that Jumanji, Ace Ventura, Heavy Weights, Southland Tales, Home Alone, Blade and the Boondock Saints all have rotten scores and those movies are pretty fucking watchable. Theres more to add to that list but I'm too lazy right now.
>>
>>77527955
STOP THE DECLARATIONS
>>
>>77527960
>not getting film essays from Elsevier
Plebs, allaya.
>>
>>77522225
Yeah, what a fucking prick. I bet he ruined that guy's life because no insurance company would believe someone else wrapped his semi around a telephone pole.
>>
>>77526186

People who like every Disney Marvel movie and actually believe in Rotten Tomatoes scores that rank them all higher than shit like Highlander, Conan the Barbarian or Blade...those are the real dumb people.

Was MOS a perfect movie? No way but it's not a 5/10 I could see a 6 or a 7. I think most people just hate Superman as a concept or think Reeves was as good as it gets but they won't admit it so they hide behind a dumb site like Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
>>77527970
Decapitations.

Fucking auto correct phone bs
>>
>Now I got the logic of that scene and it absolutely made sense within the context of the movie as the villain had taken down half of Metropolis and killed hundreds of thousands of people.
>But even so.
Fuck this guy. He's a fucking contradictory moron.

>I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy last year and was blown away not just by an incredibly fun and upbeat movie

>1 note characters
>1 note plot
>-1 note villian
So basically he just wants generic
>muh fun
over and sort of critical quality?

How dare MoS try to make Superman a fully realized character with flaws. He should be making quips and dancing every other scene.

I notice he didn't talk about how Superman killed a de-powered Zod in cold blood in Superman II. Or how he laughed while Lois killed his henchwoman. Didn't they ruin Superman as well. What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>77527960
>Am I the only one that cringes when people cite Rotten Tomatoes as their reason for seeing a movie?

Hopefully, because you've got it ass-backwards.

IMDB is a great resource for movie information, trivia, and news, but it's truly terrible in terms of being useful for reviews.

You're full of shit if you really think the top movie lists are taken seriously anywhere. The problem with IMDB's ratings is that they skew young and recent. Take a look at their Top 250 list. The Dark Knight is the 4th greatest movie of all time, and Inception the 14th.

The lists are ridiculous due to the age of the users and the tendency for fanboys to dominate and vote up their favorites.

It's like when they do those "best books ever" polls and "Atlas Shrugged" and "Dianetics: The Modern Science Of Mental Health" come out on top because their respective cults flood the polls.
>>
>>77528051
It wasn't a guy either.
He was an immortal alien.
>>
>>77527613

I mean to say Nolan Batman movies. I liked parts of them but I'd rather rewatch the first bit of MOS instead. Zimmer's sound track is also way better. Zod's theme and that Superman's Plan theme are so fucking catchy.
>>
>>77528091
>dat Flight
I'd put that theme in every DC documentary or DC-related piece of news.
>>
>>77527896
He may have been Xenos, but I never took a trip until today.
>>
>>77525600
They confuse it with intellectualism and maturity.
>>
File: Civil War HQ-Zone-170.jpg (1MB, 1920x2914px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War HQ-Zone-170.jpg
1MB, 1920x2914px
>>77521914
>before we see Captain America beat the Bejesus out of Iron Man while cinema audiences watch, wondering why the good guys went so bad.

BECAUSE YOU FUCKING WROTE THEM THAT WAY YOU SCOTTISH SACK OF SHIT

YOU SET MARVEL DOWN A PATH OF EDGE AND DESPAIR FOR TEN YEARS WITH A SINGLE BOOK. EVERYTHING FROM 2005 ONWARDS HAS BEEN THE AFTERMATH EFFECT OF CIVIL WAR, AND TO THIS DAY MARVEL HAS YET TO RECOVER FROM IT. ONE MIGHT ARGUE ITS GOTTEN WORSE

HOW DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS

FUCK
>>
>>77527764

I agree with you man. The reason MOS threads happen every day on here is there is something to talk about. The reason we don't have a Cap 2 or Iron Man 1 thread every day is because there isn't any real content to talk about. If they were actually good movies we would be meming about them on a daily basis but that hasn't occurred. Love capeshit but I won't pretend MOS was bad just because /co/ does. It was a 7/10 movie like most Disney and Fox superhero flicks.
>>
>>77528114
>mistaking names with trips
That brain of yours needs a purge, Superhater.
>>
The current backlash against Edgy superman made me realize that Superman: Doomsday is a masterful refute at the deconstruction of the Man of Steel.
>>
>>77528117
Because liking children's things is so intellectual and mature.
inb4 CS Lewis; he was an ultra-Catholic
>>
>>77528156
Sorry, I never paid much attention to these sorts of things. And I love Superman.
>>
>>77528071

The top 250 is fairly accurate. Inception and DK were actually very good. Lets not lie to ourselves. Keep sucking Rotten dick child.
>>
>>77528175
The Last Battle is fucking un-readable.
>>
>>77528175
You're saying an ultra-Catholic is more intelligent than you?
>>
>>77527960
I love using Dredd to rebate retarded arguments.
>SALES = QUALITY
So Dredd is shit because it didn't make a billion.
>GRIMDERP IS BAD
So Dredd is shit because it is violent and dark.
>MUH FUN
So Dredd is shit because it doesn't have funny robots, like the comics.
>POPULARITY = QUALITY
So Dredd is shit because it isn't as popular as other comic characters.
And so on.
>>
>>77528196
>And I love Superman.
Oh yeah, just like Luthor.

>>77528205
Ultra-Catholic spotted.
>>
>>77528145
Because Millar didn't set them on any path. That path was already there well before thanks to Alan Moore and Frank Miller.

Millar's a tryhard edgelord but he's hardly the root of the problem. It does give him some legitimacy though, I think. I man, if anyone knows about making properties needlessly dark, it's him, so maybe he does have a point here.
>>
File: 1446068649065.jpg (584KB, 1342x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1446068649065.jpg
584KB, 1342x1528px
>>77528146
>The reason MOS threads happen every day on here is there is something to talk about.
>>
>>77521914
I am literally seeing red right now.

YOU WROTE CIVIL WAR YOU FUCK
>>
>>77528219

Dredd is one of the better comic book movies but no one seemed to see it or like it. Disney pumps out shit movies that children and tumblr/reddit types seem to love and it makes a bunch of money. Money does not mean it's actually good. Thats like saying the Star Wars prequels are good because they sold alot of toys and Darth Maul cups.
>>
>>77528273

The fact that this movie is discussed this frequently that there is a detailed meme about points fans make about said movie is astonishing. No such chart exists for the Disney movies because there is no content to discuss. One note villains, quips and a lack of story a movie does not make.
>>
File: Get a load of this guy.jpg (12KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this guy.jpg
12KB, 200x219px
>>77528292
>no one seemed to like it
>>
>>77528175
>inb4 CS Lewis; he was an ultra-Catholic
*tips fedora*

I do my job, I pay my taxes, i get cancer and diabetes screenings and eye exams, I have insurance. I don't need reminders the world is a dark and shitty place, how could I when there's a 24 hour news cycle dedicated almost entirely to the concept that everything is awful?

I don't need a movie to confirm I'm a grown ass man. Why do you?
>>
>>77528219
Dredd is shit because it's a poorly made attempt to ape Richard Stanley and Gareth Evans without an original thought of its own and or a shred of satire of the property it's adapting.
>>
>>77528341

Literally just said I liked Dredd but don't pretend it's going to get a sequel because it was good from an artistic stand point. If that's how the world worked than Disney would have went bankrupt 20 years ago.
>>
>>77528279
It's an event comic so actually the editorial department wrote Civil War.
>>
>>77528338
Funny how Marvel is "reddit meme movies" but all the memes are from DC movies.
>>
File: Really nigguh.png (231KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Really nigguh.png
231KB, 426x240px
>>77528344
>I'm a grown ass man, but I need to fight people online in 4chan everyday
>>
File: who.jpg (190KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
190KB, 304x500px
>>77528351
>Richard Stanley and Gareth Evans
>>
>>77527715
You are right.

But I would say that MOS protagonist wasnt really a good one, and he would be better if was similar to some versions of Supes from other parts of the franchine.
>>
>>77521914

MOS, Blade, DK and Watchmen are some of my favorite capeshit movies. And half of them involve Synder. I don't care what /co/ thinks. I have faith in Syner. He gets the visual aspects and action in comics. Which is half the reason anyone reads them. I find it amusing how many people suck Whedon's dick when he can barely frame a shot and basically caused a whole universe of shit that apes his low rent/tv style. Of course I'm jaded because I work in the industry and notice crap like this. Peace.
>>
>>77528351
>I liked Stallone's Judge Dredd
>>
>>77528252
Nah like Moore it makes him a hypocrite.

It wasn't whoring when they did it,
But now that they're out its ugly and wrong.
>>
>>77528437
Whedon? But /co/ hates him since he made a sexual joke in Age of Ultron!
>>
>>77528471

I think /co/ hated him since Firefly.
>>
>>77528449
Me too. It was fun for what it was. Not the real Dredd, but still an entertaining movie.
>>77528471
Whedon was never good.
>>
>>77528437

You. I like you.
>>
>>77528493
Dude, /co/ has been sucking his dick since Avengers.

>>77528498
>how does green text work?
>>
>>77528458
>people aren't allowed to make mistakes
>people aren't allowed to learn from their mistakes
Really?

Millar isn't even opposed to dark/edgy comics/films in general, he's just opposed to darkening/edgifying characters like Superman that are supposed to be enjoyed by children.
>>
>>77528338
We have daily threads about shitting on Korra, it doesnt means that its good.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 340x340px
>>77527777
Jesus, I had thankfully just forgotten about that.
>>
>>77528545
>he's just opposed to darkening/edgifying characters
And yet he did so in the 90s with The Spider. So, bullshit.

>>77528574
Always consider the possibility of samefagging in those threads.
>>
>>77528517

Has he? Avengers and Age of Ultron were made fun of more than anything else. The first one because of the hokey jokes and awful costumes and the second one for having a bad villain, Hawkeye's house and wasting Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver. I've heard way more negative than positive about those movies on this site. The most loved Marvel movies seem to be the recent Xmen movies, Cap 2 and Iron Man 1. People seemed to dig Antman too which again didn't involve Whedon at all.
>>
>>77528545
>he's just opposed to darkening/edgifying characters like Superman that are supposed to be enjoyed by children.
From the guy that wrote Superman Red Son. and a bunch of other capeshit stories. He's just a massive fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>77528607
We had two months of OMG BEST MOVIE EVER I WATCHED IT 17 TIMES and MUH BILLION DOLLARS BOX OFFICE
>>
>>77528574

I'd argue Korra, Steven Universe and Adventure Time need a containment board. Also I've never opened a Korra thread so I really don't know anything about it.
>>
>>77528458
Think about it his way. If you have a mom and pop coffee shop, would you be stoked if a Starbucks opened next door?

Making Superman an edgelord is like that Starbucks.
>>
MOS hate is life.

I live in a room with no furniture or possessions. The walls, ceiling, and floor are covered with MOS posters. Every day, all day, I sit in the middle of the room naked, masturbating and posting hate about MOS around the Internet. The room is caked and soaked in my piss, shit, and semen. I hate jerk and post shit over MOS until I pass out from exhaustion.

When the filth becomes too much even for me I order a fresh batch of MOS posters and layer it over. The room has lost 3 feet on each side since I moved in.

This is what it means to hate MOS. This is life, this is love.
>>
>>77528647

I disagree. Also if you've watched either Avengers movie more than once ya might be under 18 or have an IQ 100 and below. Both of these things are fine but it's important that you understand this.
>>
>>77528648
>wanting /cog/
>>
>>77528674
Don't joke about that, mon; somewhere there is an actual case.
>>
>>77528698
>if you've watched either Avengers movie more than once ya might be under 18 or have an IQ 100 and below
That's what I told them, but they said LOL BUTTHURT DCFAG
>>
>>77528593
Wait that happened? I thought anon was just memeing
>>
>>77528701

Any cartoon that doesn't have to do with comic books or cape shit is kind of shit if it's not intended for adults.

You can post all the Steven Universe and Johnny Test threads you want but I just
think they should be quarantined.
>>
File: darkseid.jpg (18KB, 213x240px) Image search: [Google]
darkseid.jpg
18KB, 213x240px
>>77527651
>>
>>77528741

I like Marvel and DC man. X-men, Daredevil, Swamp thing and Animal Man are probably my biggest loves. Avengers movies sucked not unlike the comics. It's fine if you disagree but don't pretend everything is company wars.
>>
File: 1442616408895.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442616408895.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>77528175
>>77528239

Not him, but you dont seem to be intelligent enough to even know that Lewis wasnt catholic.

Also, you thinking that gritty is the same thing as mature, just makes you look like those guys that make "edgy sonic OCs to look kool".
>>
>>77528742
http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rape_of_Wonder_Woman_(Unreleased_Mark_Millar_Comic_Book_Script)
>>
>>77528743
Jonny Quest?

>>77528767
>don't pretend everything is company wars.
Have you ever been here since 2013?
>>
>>77521914

Years later we are still having MOS threads. Love this movie, love this board.
>>
>>77528743
>t if it's not intended for adults.
I don't watch any cartoons anymore but damn man. The fact that all cartoons are seens as either kiddo shit or just Family Guy, really, is kind of part of the problem.

Watch what you like, like what you like, hate what you hate. Don't be an asshole about it one way or the other. That's what it really means to be an adult.
>>
>>77528772
>things should be stupid like me
OK, ultra-Catholic.
>>
>>77528767
And if you read comics that are neither Marvel nor DC then IMAGE SHILL DETECTED, IMAGE SHILLS GO HOME.
>>
>>77528786

If the Avengers movies were so great than what did you like about them? If you cite Rotten Tomatoes or use the word "fun" you lose.
>>
>>77528820
>reading Imagay
>at all

>>77528824
I don't watch Marvel movies...
>>
>>77528815

Sorry but if a cartoon is on during the day time, is clearly for children and has nothing to do with western comics than I think it should have a containment board.
>>
>>77528845

>Making fun of Image
>Not watching any Marvel movies

Are you 10?
>>
>>77528789
>Years later we are still having MOS threads.

I could pick just about any post below yours at random and it'd be argument as to why we shouldn't have these threads anymore.
>>
>>77528886

Yet we have one every day.
>>
>>77528824
>Explain why this movie was good
>You can't say you enjoyed the movie or that it was a critical success

Okay. I guess when you win, anon.

Next up, explain why this restaurant is good, but you can't point to reviews or use the word "delicious".
>>
>>77528908
We have at least three a day. Man of Steel is our new My Little Pony.
>>
>>77528882
Cry some more.
>>
>>77527900

The Batman movies performed fine in their own right. You're acting like they seen Marvel do it and said "we gotta get a piece of this."

You're distorting reality. DC heroes have been a part of cinematic history for much longer. No one is talking about their financial success. They're talking about how wrong you are about DC being copy cats.
>>
>>77528920

You would need to specify the restaurant first and it would have to be one that I've eaten at and that is actually good.
>>
>>77528920
>Next up, explain why this restaurant is good, but you can't point to reviews or use the word "delicious".
No mexicans, free breadsticks and salad.
>>
>>77528947

Best post about cape movies. People pretend that DC didn't start all this shit with Superman in 78 or that the Wonder Woman and Batman 66 shows exist. I'm glad Marvel is making popular movies because now we get more superhero stuff and we have many more casually interested fans now but to just pretend that one company just started existing or is trying to copy something as recent as 2008s Iron Man is wholly retarded.
>>
he's right but that doesn't mean he isn't still an idiot.
>>
>>77528947
>You're acting like they seen Marvel do it and said "we gotta get a piece of this."

>You're acting like they seen Marvel do it and said "we gotta get a piece of this."

They did see the success of the MCU approach and said, "we gotta get a piece of this".

That's just an objective truth. Marvel pioneered that approach. DC didn't attempt anything like it until it saw what Marvel did. Now they're playing catch-up and trying to build their own.
>>
>>77528946

Maybe you should watch some superhero movies and read some comics before you come to our board child.
>>
>>77521914

Everything Mark Millar says and does is a shameless attempt to sell movie rights.
>>
>>77529005
You're absolutely right but it is worth noting that WB seems to struggle with this stuff. Superman, the grandaddy of them all, went through an insane amount of development hell throughout the nineties to get a movie.

Then for some reason they decided Returns needed to make enough profit not only for itself, but for all the aborted fetuses of films that they tried and failed to make before it.
>>
>>77529005
>now we get more superhero stuff
Yeah, but the Marvel comics suffer because of that.
>and we have many more casually interested fans
Wrong; they buy #1 and then nothing else.
>>
>>77529032

>What is Superman what is Batman

You do realize they have movies and tv shows the predate the existence of Marvel as a company?
>>
>>77529005
The individual movies existed, no shit.

The idea of a shared cinematic universe? Nope. That was Marvel. DC had been making films for years with various success but somehow never figured out they should link their properties up. Marvels' concept of individual movies linking together to support each other and provide a base for a team movie was unique in movies.
>>
File: scfww48.jpg (49KB, 612x395px) Image search: [Google]
scfww48.jpg
49KB, 612x395px
>>77529045
>you're a child because you don't watch Marvel movies and because you don't read LGBT comics
>>
>>77529067

Marvel comics have been suffering in quality for years but they still sell man. Most casual fans buy merchandise like t shirts and toys but not necessarily comics because they involve reading. Not even joking.
>>
>>77529064
Good, I don't want them to make impersonal, cookie-cutter movies like Marvel.
>>
>This was like seeing Sylvester the Cat finally getting his hands on Speedy Gonzales. Elmer Fudd blowing away Bugs Bunny. I loved Superman as a kid not because of his edginess or his potential for a fatal solution, but because he could do anything he wanted and still chose to be nice.

Preach
>>
>>77529077
>What is "the point"

Sure, and when was it again that DC decided to build a shared cinematic universe like Marvel?

That's my point. Marvel didn't invent superhero movies, they invented the cinematic universe approach. DC saw how successful it was and then scrambled to copy it.
>>
>>77529112
>they still sell
Of course; constant relaunches, tumblr pandering, and Star Wars.
>not necessarily comics because they involve reading
True.
>>
>>77529119
That has nothing to do with my post.
And they're still cookie cutter. Just a different kind of cookie.
>>
>>77529135
Many people hate Speedy and Bugs.

>>77529161
Yes, a better kind of cookie.
>>
>>77529173
That's your opinion. you're entitled to it.
>>
>>77529194
I know I'm right.

See you, /co/.
>>
>>77528146
>The reason MOS threads happen every day on here is there is something to talk about.
I think you mean argue about. This isn't Star Wars where there actually is something to talk about every day
>>
>>77528947
>ou're acting like they seen Marvel do it and said "we gotta get a piece of this."
That's literally what happened.

Hell, that's what Green Lantern was supposed to be before it bombed to shit
>>
>>77529092

DC has been trying to unite brands for years you idiot.

Kevin Smith was originally going to give Batman a cameo in the script he was writing for the Nicolas Cage scrapped Superman movie.

You act like Marvel invented fire. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>77529092

Do people believe this shared universe gimmick is actually adding to anything? None of the Disney movies have plots or villains. I'd argue it only has the shell of a shared universe since there isn't anything of substance to share. The only thing that really links these movies is having slightly too many corny jokes.
>>
>>77529513

These idiots are more worried about 2 heroes from different comics showing up in each others movies than they are about the content of the movies.

I don't understand why Marvel gets a pass.
>>
>>77529149

I think you need to have a story or a plot to link movies together in this "shared universe." Civil War might be the first movie where it will feel connected imo
>>
>>77529463
>Kevin Smith was originally going to give Batman a cameo in the script he was writing for the Nicolas Cage scrapped Superman movie.
That's the first time I've ever heard this. Where is proof of this?
Because I've read the Green Lantern script for the movie we should have gotten instead of what we did, and tat's definitely post Avengers.

And really, is your memory so short lived that you forget when WB announced the Justice League movie for 2015? We sere supposed to have the full team NOW but then they realized it was impossible and started rolling things back.
>>
>>77529541
They also announced a Justice League movie for 2004 that was ALMOST GOING TO HAPPEN, like a week from production, but tax issues stopped it.
>>
>>77529541

Literally in the Making of Documentary. An entire 2 minutes of him explaining how he was trying to put Batman in.

My memory is fine, thanks.
>>
>>77528758

Eh, reader?
>>
>>77528920
You can say a lot of things to describe the qualitative nature of food at a restaurant without resorting to reviews or saying it's delicious. You can talk about how they use a particular blend of seasoning to help bring out the flavor in a steak, giving it a lightly salty but thoroughly savory flavor. You can talk about how the restaurant staff is knowledgeable and helped you choose a perfect wine to complement your steak, about how the service was prompt and so forth.

But I guess since you can't do what the other anon says, you're proving his point.
>>
>>77527031
I firmly believe that the only way to achieve long lasting peace or utopia is through force. I'm not happy about this fact and I generally don't condone war but there is no fucking way we could ever achieve world peace through peaceful means. There would always be someone who is just bigoted or ignorant or crazy and would want to blow everyone up because of their twisted ideals. The only way to achieve true world peace would be for an all-powerful nation, military, or individual to force this peace on the world. Every time someone has tried this, they have been wrong in some regard (Hitler thought every Jew needed to be killed to bring about Utopia) and are usually corrupted by their power. But if a figure like Superman, who is completely morally correct, just threw all the nukes into the sun and told every nation in earth that they have to get along or else answer to him, then world peace is feasible if unlikely. People would always be afraid of his power and would constantly try to overthrow him.

Come to think of it, this is basically the plot of Miracleman.
>>
>>77522228
There never were simpler times. Superman was first published during the Great Depression. Superman is meant to be something we can aspire to, someone we can look towards as a symbol of the better times to come if we all just persevere and fight through the bad times. Comics were never harkening back to 'simpler times' because those times never existed. Instead they were suggestive of a better tomorrow which has, as of yet, not actually arrived. Eventually people started to place the heroes in the context of the real world because comics were no longer marketed to children, so they naturally got darker. But superheroes were supposed to inspire people to be better, not remind them of what they had lost.
>>
>>77529833

Go back to /pol/

>>77530019

Superman also started out murdering criminals and attacking corrupt businessmen. Batman started out dual wielding pistols. While they were always intended for children, they became less dark in the 50s and 60s and went back to being dark again in the 70s and 80s. Now everyone thinks that Superman or Batman was always happy and silly while it's simply not true. The world around us is shittier so in many ways it's a return to the golden age of comics when things were absolutely dark and fucked up in this country as well as the comics.
>>
File: parademon.jpg (5KB, 93x210px) Image search: [Google]
parademon.jpg
5KB, 93x210px
>>77530019
>There never were simpler times
What are you talking about? We literally named an entire era of comics the Golden Age, and the Silver Age was as simple as the Comic Code Authority forced it to be
>>
>>77527631
>He doesn't have right to be butt hurt.
I think he does. Superman and heroes in general as icons and idols is what they're meant to be, but Millar writes his own characters and things to contrast that. You can admire the good and still revel in the bad yourself, if that's where you make your home. When the grass on the other side is as dead as your own, then those icons have crumbled.
>>
>>77522423
>since apparently all superhero movies have to have the same tone

You could not be more off base.

The problem with the Man of Steel wasn't that the tone was different. It was that the tone was the same as the Dark Knight Trilogy.
>>
>>77530019

You sound so queer.
>>
>>77530159
I'm talking about the world, not the state of the comics industry.
>>
>>77530111
>Superman also started out murdering criminals and attacking corrupt businessmen. Batman started out dual wielding pistols.

You faggots that act like "it happened in the original portrayals of the character so its justified" are beyond retarded. They stopped their edginess after a few comics. It didn't last the entirety of the Golden Age like you would choose to remember.
>>
>>77530111
But the world isn't shittier. Its just that the media now reports on all the shit that has always been there way more. Most of the shit in the world is just a backlash to it getting better. Kind of how the Civil Rights movement in the sixties caused racists to go crazy and caused the police to start beating the shit out of peaceful protestors. Today its a bunch of dumb Muslims trying to fight against globalization because they don't think women should be allowed to wear skirts or whatever.

Things have always been bad. They have only gotten better. Its just that with progress there is always backlash.
>>
>>77530111
note that i said Hitler was wrong to kill the jews. i can't be from /pol/
>>
It's his fault for letting a fucking made up character "traumatize" him because the character wasn't represented how he liked it. Traumatize is a word you use for something like I dunno, going into a war. Not watching a fucking movie you didn't like and then saying it ruined you. Fuck Mark Millar.
>>
>>77524334
Yes. Millar likes making things that are edgy because it was something different to the norm. Now that most of comics and superhero media has become darker edgier he's saying that the medium is now missing more naive innocent good guy comics and that's why he's making one.

He even says in the article that he doesn't dislike Man of Steel he just thinks that there's something missing from the medium now.
>>
>>77527332
Goes to show you that every of those movies has the longevity of a toy until a newer one with all the bells & whistles is on the shelf.
>>
File: 1441215199769.jpg (22KB, 472x368px) Image search: [Google]
1441215199769.jpg
22KB, 472x368px
>>77528338
>tfw you though Age of Quiptron was going to be memed hard as revenge for MoS shitposting
>tfw nobody cared enough to do so
>>
>>77529333
>Hell, that's what Green Lantern was supposed to be before it bombed to shit

They were copying MCU Ironman right down to the quips. Now they're trying to take it at a different approach and they still get shit for it with "MUH PACKAGED FAMILY FUN!"
>>
File: 1438834492263.jpg (485KB, 836x688px) Image search: [Google]
1438834492263.jpg
485KB, 836x688px
>>77530929
Seen one you seen them all, anon.
>>
>>77528338
>complaints
>discussing content

Maybe it was because Disney movies are delivering exactly what the audience expects them to deliver. Maybe it's because there's not a
shit Director/Writer combo to throw unneeded curveballs into the story.
>>
File: 1357355829704.png (255KB, 539x438px) Image search: [Google]
1357355829704.png
255KB, 539x438px
>>77529135
>Movie was titled MoS
>credits listed him as Kal'el/Clark Kent
>was literally just Clark in a Superman costume.

This is like saying "Why didn't kid Bruce just throw his batarang at the mugger in Crime Alley."

Can't wait for Disney to buy out DC too so we can have "Marvel Studios Presents Batman" where the movie just becomes Blank Check with kid bruce having fun with his virtually infinite wealth.
>>
Millar talking shit about heros being violent when he is unable of write a plot without kids being shot in the guts.
At least on Nemesis shit had some sense.
All those years and still a Frank Miller wannabe
>>
>>77531074
>They were copying MCU Ironman right down to the quips.
By "before it bombed to shit" we're talking about one of the draft scripts. It had the DEO, Alan Scott, cameos from Guy Gardner and Clark Kent, and was generally set up in a way that not only built up the GL mythos, but also the greater DC Universe.
>>
>>77523044

Man of Steel fans always take things personally. They act like Henry Cavill's Superman is actually real and defend it as if the character is their own child.

I've had numerous MOS autists tell me to fuck off because they become that angry. It's hilarious and a new kind of faggotry that I've only experienced with this particular fandom.
>>
>>77528378
I would ONLY give you that if he didn't do Ultimates, Nemesis, Kickass, Wanted, Red Son, and other comics that depict heroes as being cool only due to their terrible attitudes and obsession with violence.

Frank Miller isn't the problem, it's guys like Millar. If you read Miller's old work, it really isn't ultra violent and filled with hateful characters. It's putting the heroes in a light where you see how their ideologies can go wrong. Later Miller? Yes, but by that point fuckheads like Millar over glorified the concept of heroes being violent douches.

I have never liked Ultimates, because it's literally "What if the Avengers were assholes: The Comic." Now the guy that made that shit is bitching about Man Of Steel, which isn't even in the same ballpark as his Civil War, and fucking Civil War, based on shit he wrote.

Fuck him. Fuck him hard.
>>
>>77531236
>shit Director/Writer combo

Most people aren't capable of remembering who Disney's writers and directors for Marvel are. They're inexperienced nobodies and TV directors who can be pushed around.
>>
File: 761173-mcp_81_034.jpg (123KB, 827x1280px)
761173-mcp_81_034.jpg
123KB, 827x1280px
>>77534575
>They're inexperienced nobodies and TV directors who can be pushed around.

And yet the Russos and Peyton Reed proved to be excellent choices.
>>
>>77521914
Millar is right, but Cap is right and people will side with Cap.
>>
>>77521914
nothing wrong with badass

Popeye is badass
>>
>>77534575
>yeah well at least they know who the director of the movies is

Way to counter my argument there, poncho.
>>
>>77535246
>Maybe it's because there's not a
shit Director/Writer combo

No one keeps track of the Disney Marvel directors and writers because they're either shit or forgettable. Each movie is written by a board of suits, and when this is deemphasized, Joss stands as the most prominent creative force of the bunch.

Writer of Batman Begins, Blade, and JSA >>> Whedon
>>
File: wut.jpg (151KB, 362x450px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
151KB, 362x450px
>2015
>people still give a shit about Superman
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.