[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is _____ good? Just read/watch it, you fucks. Make your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16

File: 1446187459210.jpg (87KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446187459210.jpg
87KB, 953x960px
>Is _____ good?

Just read/watch it, you fucks. Make your own opinion. Holy shit.
>>
>>77516254
Sometimes getting into a series can be tiring/expensive/time-consuming

Sometimes the fandom is shit and it's hard to figure what parts are good and what parts are the greasy slime trail leftover from the ruination of the series by the fandom

Sometimes you want to like something, can't really get into it, but want to get someone's opinion before moving on
>>
>>77516254
b-but I need to fit in with the memelords
>>
Many times, a series will improve later in its run while having a shaky beginning. Asking someone who's seen the work in its entirety if it's worth the time investment in advance will often let you know whether or not the early part is indicative of the whole thing.
>>
> I just bought ________ what am I in for?
These people should be banned
>>
>>77516295
That is all awful reasoning. You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>77516254
But anon, i`m a sheep and i need clear guidance to enjoy ______ or i`ll never fit in with the popular kids.
>>
>>77516295
>Sometimes the fandom is shit
here comes this shit again

did you forget that those people you hate so much have no affiliation with the actual work?
>>
>>77516317
That's dumb
Buuuuuut
Asking people for recommendations is not
>>
File: 125105445216.png (62KB, 620x599px) Image search: [Google]
125105445216.png
62KB, 620x599px
>>77516254
This really didn't need its own thread.
And there's nothing wrong with asking about other peoples' opinions, especially on a place specifically about discussing that kind of thing.
>>
I think we people ask "is xxx good?" they're asking people their own personal opinions. I find this useful to have interesting discussions, and get a good idea about how this piece of media fits into the general culture.

There's nothing wrong in asking others what they think. There's nothing wrong in asking people's input before deciding to read something or not. But there is a lot wrong with making up your mind before reading/watching something and judging it for yourself.
>>
File: Shigdiggy.jpg (117KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Shigdiggy.jpg
117KB, 600x450px
>>77516254
>Stop asking for reviews
>Instead make shitty threads like me
>>
>>77516295
Who the fuck spends money on shit blindly nowadays. That's what pirating is for
>>
>>77516356
>>77516372
Found the people who can't think for themselves.
>>
>>77516367
>But there is a lot wrong with making up your mind before reading/watching something and judging it for yourself.
This is usually the case though.
>>
File: 1436570413923.jpg (112KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
1436570413923.jpg
112KB, 600x786px
Let's change thread directions.

Which did you watch in spite of the fandom? What did you avoid because of the fandom?

I've avoided RWBY and Homestuck primarily because of the generals, even though other generals devoted to shows I enjoy are just as bad.

I've watched The Forbidden Show simply because doing so pissed off my roommate, but once he moved out there really wasn't enough to keep me interested.

Strangely, I caught up on The Clone Wars (CGI) so that I could actively participate in those threads. Those were some great times.
>>
>>77516320
Not everyone has excess time to spare.
>>
Why do you hate word-of-mouth? Do you WANT corporate advertising campaigns and endlessly running reboots to dictate what people read and watch?
>>
>>77516254
So when you and your friends are talking about movies/TV you never ask "Yeah? Is it any good?" Pretty sure getting mad about this is an autism litmus test, bro.
>>
Okay, OP, but you've got to tell the family that can't afford Christmas because you wouldn't tell them not to buy Batman Odyssey it's your fault.
>>
>>77516461
>Which did you watch in spite of the fandom?
RWBY
Homestuck
Steven Universe

>What did you avoid because of the fandom?
Anything having to do with Harley and Ivy.
>>
>>77516254
> _____ is shit!
Just don't read/watch it, you fucks. Nobody cares about your opinion. Holy shit.
>>
>>77517212
But what if they're right? How would you know?
>>
>>77516961
>people on 4chan are my friends!
>calls others autistic
Lel
>>
>>77516461

I avoid miniature equines because of the terror instilled in my by the fandom. (I did give it a shot, but it was too meh for me, and too meh for my four year old, go figure)

I like every show I like in spite of the fandom. SU, AT, Star vs., and so on. I don't care what /co/ thinks, I just like watching cartoons, also half the hate your hear is usually donkey piss tier trolling.
>>
>>77517256
Reading comprehension
>>
>>77517282
You directly compared getting opinions on 4chan to getting them from your IRL friends, retard. Maybe you just have shit writing ability if you were trying to say something else?
>>
>>77517360
Not him, but how is it different? You're still getting an outside opinion.
>>
>>77516254
Just watch things with your dick, and you can never go wrong.
>>
>>77516295
This is why /co/ is filled with casuals. There's too much spoon-feeding.

Sometimes /a/ has the right idea in banning rec threads.
>>
>>77517401
>One can coherently explain why something is good / bad in a face to face conversation
>One will spout memes, spam, and will refer to anyone with slightly differing opinion as autistic
>>
>>77517683
Nice generalization.
>>
>>77517618
>muh secret club
>>
>>77517828
Surely there has to be some middle ground between secret club and normiefest.
>>
>>77517828
Some people enjoy discussing shows and books, rather than having to explain the plot or the appeal to people who are curious / trolling.
>>
>>77517868
So don't do that. Stay out if those kinds of threads. Make your own if you want to discuss something.
>>
>>77517849
Yeah but I don't think rec threads are a problem. Aside from idiots screeching muh hivemind they go pretty well and get wrapped up fairly quickly. Now the movie threads, those are normie magnets.
>>
>>77517868
>Some people enjoy discussing shows and books, rather than having to explain the plot or the appeal to people who are curious / trolling.

So don't. Ignore the person asking and move along. Does your computer stick a gun to your head if you ignore a person asking such questions?
>>
>>77517618
>This is why /co/ is filled with casuals. There's too much spoon-feeding.
It's not just the rec threads, it's the people being too fucking retarded to do shit on their own. Even in the Win-O' thread here you have people that are too retarded to find a book on their own even though there's instructions all over the place on how to do so
>>
>>77517868
Then why would you go in those threads? I'm straight but you don't see me going into the gay thread and starting shit.
>>
>>77517916
I did that once. If by "stirring shit" you mean "allowed myself to be talked into posting my penis on /co/ and, by doing so, made a friend"

/co/ was weird back in the day, when moderation was even more lax
>>
File: sam neill lites up.jpg (123KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
sam neill lites up.jpg
123KB, 480x348px
>>77517885
>>77517897
>>77517916
It's not that I'm incredibly mad about it. It's more like I can't wrap my head around it.

If I have an interest in a show, I watch it, and if I'm curious about the plot or nature of the show, I'll lurk a thread. That's what I did with Evangelion, Berserk, Wakfu, Jojo, SU, etc, and I formed my own opinions before I started posting about a show.

I wouldn't make a thread, or post in a thread asking why something is:
>Popular?
Because it has mass appeal
>Why is it appealing to people?
Because opinions are subjective and different people enjoy different things
>What it's about?
I can just go to wikipedia, or better yet, watch it

Making posts like that just wastes space on the catalog, creates a hotbed for trolls and angry fans, and derails discussion threads.

I don't have any interest in watching Star vs, but I'm not going to go around questioning why others watch and enjoy it. It's just not my thing.
>>
File: hothothothothot.gif (433KB, 262x279px) Image search: [Google]
hothothothothot.gif
433KB, 262x279px
>>77516254
> dat Ramona in dat bikini with dat shade ofgreen
OP, I'm beginning to fantasize doing carnal activities with her.
>>
>>77516254
>Hey what's your favorite color
>Fucking google it
>>
>>77516395
Found the person who thinks every board has to be another /a/ ot /v/.
>>
>>77516254
OP, you're an idiot.

There's so much media around today that it would take several human lifetimes to consume it all, and by the time you'd consumed everything made up to 2015 they would have made several more lifetimes of content. No human can watch/read/listen to everything, particularly considering that the average person might only be able to dedicate a couple of hours a day to watching/reading/listening.

Most people don't want to waste all of their limited time watching absolute shit just to find out whether or not it's absolute shit. They need to prioritise, and to do that they need information on what's good or not.

>>77516317
This, however, is spot on.

For fuck's sake, you've already bought it. What are you going to do if someone tells you it's bad? Take it back without opening it? Stop shitting up 4chan with your stupid, pointless questions.
>>
>>77517263
I also do this with SU and Korra, which is why I'm pretty glad 4chan is still anonymous.

Where /co/ a New England colony, I'd be burned alive at the stake in three seconds tops.
>>
>>77518449
You too are an idiot.

No show regularly discussed on /co/ requires you to ask if it's good.

Are people discussing it frequently? Do you see praise for it, or at least a general thread? Well clearly there are some folks who think it's good.

The only exception to this would be if you see no discussion of a series. Then you've got reason to ask.

Does it make sense to gauge /co/'s opinion on something like Oban Star Racers or Flapjack? Sure. They are rarely discussed (any more) and you can't really gauge /co/'s opinion based on a simple glance at the catalog.

If you bother asking "What does /co/ think about AT / SU / Korra", then there's a 90% chance you are a troll, and a 100% chance that you are very stupid and should lurk more.
>>
>>77516254
More importantly, anyone who has ever used this reaction image should be shot.
>>
>>77516254
Unless you're asking about a full run or something like that, there's no reason to ask if a comic book is good. It's like 22-50 pages, read it and find out.
>>
What about threads where someone is asking for ideas for books to read?
>>
>>77516254
>I have 0 friends
>>
>>77516254
You expect everyone to be a basement dweller with infinite free time.
My - and probably lot of Anon's - reading list is so long that if I quit my job and read 8 hours a day it could easily fill up a whole year.
So I do need other people's opinions, to make sure that when I read a comic, it is actually something good.
>>
>>77516254

I wish I wasn't so attracted to this bug-eyed, noseless girl.
>>
At least when it comes to the comics side of /co/, I'd rather have posters ask and comment about quality, rather than limit discussion to discussing the state of the industry or gossiping about creators ad nauseum.
>>
File: 1.webm (3MB, 950x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
3MB, 950x1040px
>>77523764

>tfw
>>
>>77516254
Exactly. Recommendations and fishing around for opinions fosters a toxic group think. Discussions cannot truly happen because the instant someone disagrees with the general opinion, that person is attacked and told to fuck off, regardless of their own behavior.
>>
>>77517893
>normie
Maybe we should just use the honest term, anon.
>people who get laid
>>
File: 1389988533385.jpg (21KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
1389988533385.jpg
21KB, 321x285px
>wants attention
>claims to be smart
>uses shitty Ramona instead of based Knives
>>
>don't have discussions
Well let's just erase the whole fucking website then.
>>
File: 1409266391066.jpg (342KB, 864x594px) Image search: [Google]
1409266391066.jpg
342KB, 864x594px
>>77525155
>delete 4chan
Holy shit, can we, PLEASE?

Fucking do it, Hiro. Burn this abominable shithole to the fucking ground.
>>
>>77516254
I find that it's mostly people who are new to the medium or have other shit to do. Here, I'll give you an example.

>"Is Fables good? I'm reading Hellblazer, and I want to know if I should finish that first, or if Fables is good enough to stop reading Hellblazer and focus on that fist."
>>
>>77525203
It's either this or the tumblr hugbox, bro
>>
>>77525217
And that is my problem how? If they have better things to do, they should go do it instead of bothering me with their ignorance.
>>
>>77525226

>there is literally no middle ground

oh-kay
>>
>>77525226
Well, Tumblr is actually of liking things and has mods who give half a shit about keeping shitposting to a minimum, so....
>>
>>77525284
You're a dumb liar
>>
>>77525244
So what you're saying you've never made fun of somebody for not reading some obscure european shit, or a paticular run of a comic that's over a decade old? Or insulted somebody because they read something that's utter shit, but they wouldn't know because they never asked?

Seriously autismo, I'm willing to bet that most people ask this question so that they can prioritize what they should read over what can wait. Or would you prefer if they asked "Is X worth reading/watching?"
>>
File: Barb-filling.jpg (9KB, 244x234px) Image search: [Google]
Barb-filling.jpg
9KB, 244x234px
>>77517828
>secret club

How the hell is advocating for lurking a "secret club" mentality? It has always basic internet etiquette that you just observe a community (to gauge it's quality and relevance to you) before partaking in it's discussions

Plus, we're in the height of distributed information across the web, so ignorance of subjects and media should not be an excuse for someone.
>>
>>77525307
Oh? When was the last time anyone on 4chan actually liked something and wasn't being ironic about it and wasn't some form of shitposting?

When was the last time we had a positive thread where people talked about things they enjoy? It was when we had those two threads that specifically barred shitposting, and people still shitposted in them, taking that shit as a challenge. Face it, Anon, this site is the worst.
>>
>>77525350
No, because I don't give a shit if people are ignorant retards unless they try to talk about something without a working knowledge of the subject.

At the same time, I'm not obligated to explain any of that shit to them. I'm not getting paid to educate people on comic books. If they want to know, they can go ahead and read it themselves.
>>
>ITT: "No one can help themselves, everyone must help me."

It's an anonymous imageboard, not Yahoo Answers.
>>
File: I don't think so tim.jpg (14KB, 304x318px) Image search: [Google]
I don't think so tim.jpg
14KB, 304x318px
>>77525155
>Asking other people for opinions on things you never read
>discussion
>>
>>77521031
Or you could just read what you think is interesting and not be a completionist retard and just drop something when it's shit?
>>
>>77525394
>Tumblr
>Enjoying things
It's more of a constant quest to find what is problematic and what characters can be twisted into being perceived as trans or some other lgbtqasdfghjkl;+

>Tumblr
>Discussing things
The only things which are "discussed" are the things which are reblogged by people with tremendous follower counts. It's not exactly a layout which is fair for equal discussion.

Anons on 4chan might be shitposters, but at least everyone is on equal footing when we decide to talk about something.

I'll take 4chan over tumblr any day.
>>
File: Yahoo_Comics.png (237KB, 870x650px) Image search: [Google]
Yahoo_Comics.png
237KB, 870x650px
>>77525471
This is why you don't ask Yahoo Answers about comics. Because you get people who genuinely recommend Avengers vs. X-Men for Marvel, and for DC they say "Just read these characters who have had literally dozens of different titles between them", and don't seem to know there's more than the Big Two.
I'm a casual, and even I read outside that.
>>
>>77525597
>It's more of a constant quest to find what is problematic and what characters can be twisted into being perceived as trans or some other lgbtqasdfghjkl;+
Which is nothing like how 4chan is on a constant quest to search Tumblr for things to complain about and what can be construed as "SJW shit".

>The only things which are "discussed" are the things which are reblogged by people with tremendous follower counts. It's not exactly a layout which is fair for equal discussion.
Again, nothing like how the only things "discussed" here are how something or other is shit or part of the SJW grand conspiracy.

>Anons on 4chan might be shitposters, but at least everyone is on equal footing when we decide to talk about something.
We never talk about anything beyond casting blind hatred at it. And you for some reason are okay with this. Uh huh.
>>
>>77525217
>or have other shit to do
I work 50 hours a week and have personal shit to take care of on top of that and I can't understand people who can't just read a few issues or lurk while in other threads. This is what normalfags do, they just assume that people with an ounce of self sufficiency are basement dwelling neets so you can write off their opinions, because the alternative is that you're a fucking idiot and that can't possibly be true.
>>
>>77525647
>And people say there is no tumblr boogieman

>We never talk about anything beyond casting blind hatred at it. And you for some reason are okay with this. Uh huh
Try going into a general thread. You'll see tons of fucking love for AT, SU, Korra, WBB, UG, yadda yadda

Tumblr does not have a layout which is designed for discussing things with any semblance of of equal discussion.
>>
>>77525244
Hoo hoo hoo look at this big shot and his "pwecious time"

If you're spending it here you have no right to criticize anyone. You're down here in the filth with the rest of us. You're no better than anyone. To deny that and put yourself above anyone is to deny the fundamental concept behind this site.

"Bothering me with their ignorance"

Hehehe wadda FAAAAAAAG
>>
>>77525754
>Try going into a general thread.
You mean the ones that everyone hates with a firey passion and never really end up talking about anything beyond waifu-fagging and shitposting about fetishes? Yeah, I've been. Not as great as you make them out to be.

>Tumblr does not have a layout which is designed for discussing things with any semblance of of equal discussion.
True, but 99.9% of Tumblr's userbase isn't made up of assholes who practially live to be assholes. Tumblr sucks, but do not dare pretend 4chan isn't a thousand times worse on every level. We have consistently held the crown for Worst Place on the Internet since 2003.

>>77525758
>To deny that and put yourself above anyone is to deny the fundamental concept behind this site.
The fundamental concept of this site is to be a total cockrag and let your sociopathic tendencies run free with no filters.
>>
>>77525859
God. Will you please just fuck off back to your hugbox?

>99.9% of Tumblr's userbase isn't made up of assholes who practially live to be assholes
>do not dare pretend 4chan isn't a thousand times worse on every level
>sociopathic tendencies
Holy shit you are a tremendous faggot
>>
>>77525908
>God. Will you please just fuck off back to your hugbox?
I wish I could, but there isn't one to go to. If there was indeed a place to go where civilized discussion between people who actually enjoyed things took place, I would form an army to defend that place and slaughter all who even joke about threatening it. Unfortunately, that place does not exist, so I guess I'm stuck here. On 4chan. With "people" like you.
>>
>>77525699
>or lurk while in other threads

This, but with a caveat. I can see why asking might annoy people, but it's ridiculous to police recommendation threads where anons are telling people what they think other anons might like. Not every kind of comic gets a full, long-lasting thread about it, so I think it's perfectly fine to have broader recommendation discussions and threads occur.
>>
File: heavy metal death.jpg (90KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
heavy metal death.jpg
90KB, 853x480px
>>77525945
Excellent. I'm glad you're having a miserable time.

Careful not to trigger yourself, m'kay?
>>
>>77525997
It's almost like you're proud of being a total cunt. You want a medal for that or something?

>pic
By the way, Heavy Metal was poorly animated, poorly conceived garbage that tried to substitute good storytelling with badly drawn tits. I know you're twelve and thus feel obligated to like that kind of trash, so just saying.
>>
>>77526073
>By the way, Heavy Metal was poorly animated, poorly conceived garbage that tried to substitute good storytelling with badly drawn tits. I know you're twelve and thus feel obligated to like that kind of trash, so just saying
Ow! Stop having negative opinions of things!
>>
>>77516295
>Sometimes getting into a series can be tiring/expensive/time-consuming
If you're too tired to form your own opinions, don't bother wasting our time, too.
>>
>>77525989
Recommendation threads set a bad tone, they just encourage people to make them instead of trying or looking for themselves. The only thing people who make such threads need to hear is lurk more.
>>
File: 1444415100403.png (410KB, 673x601px) Image search: [Google]
1444415100403.png
410KB, 673x601px
>>77525945
>I would form an army to defend that place and slaughter all who even joke about threatening it.
>>
>>77526576
>implying paradise isn't worth killing for
Pussy.
>>
File: tumblr being tumblr.jpg (114KB, 509x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr being tumblr.jpg
114KB, 509x442px
>>77526627
>>
>>77526669
>Scopophobia
>As a hashtag
>Attached to an image of yourself

This kills the soul.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.