[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It takes over 50 episodes to actually kick start the narrative.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 51

File: unpopular.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unpopular.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
It takes over 50 episodes to actually kick start the narrative. You know what I'm talking about...
>>
Metallica sucks.
>>
Lesbians are the low-road to take for an audience.
>>
The MCU is better off without Spiderman, The X-Men and The Fantastic Four.
>>
The French have had it coming for years.
>>
>>77457309
I agree with this mostly. I think Spiderman might be nice, but isn't really needed. I'm totally fine with no X-Men, and the only thing I want from F4 is Doom.
>>
>>77457309
I agree with X-Men, but Spidey and especially F4 seem like perfect fits. The only thing is that it seems like F4 would have had to have been introduced earlier to work. At this point, it'd feel a little shoehorned.

>Unpopular opinion
Superior Spider-Man and the ASM storylines that preceded it were pretty good, even is Superior had some stupid shit near the end. It didn't become shit until the relaunched ASM after Superior ended.
>>
Man of steel was solid 8/10 except for the advertisements even I have my limits for bullshit.
>>
I find Rick and Morty is be quite bland as it follows the immature shock humor and sitcom tropes.

For the past five years I feel as if cartoons as a whole feel like a stagnated medium.

I wish /co/ was a more unified board.
>>
I can't believe that there are still people talking about Man of Steel. I literally can't wrap my head around it. I never even saw the damn movie, what the hell's wrong with you? Talk about something else already.
>>
>>77457528
Ehh with batman Vs Superman coming up I thought we'd might as well bury the hatchet
>>
>>77457053
What show are you talking about?
>>
I'm glad that artist is shitting on Squirrel Girl so hard. She is more overrated than Deadpool and TT Raven combined.
>>
File: Sad Dewrito.gif (113KB, 540x580px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Dewrito.gif
113KB, 540x580px
>>77457593
>>
File: 1435462482319.jpg (42KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435462482319.jpg
42KB, 240x240px
I think tumblr is a great site for sharing your art and following other artists whose work you enjoy.

I feel that most people enjoy the work Morrison, Moore, Ellis, and a few others I'm forgetting on the name alone and not on the merit of the actual piece.

I think anyone who cares more about writers than artists in comics should find a different medium to enjoy.

I hate film and tv adaptations of comics and I want that bubble to burst in a big way. Too many creators are more concerned with chasing a movie deal than telling a good story.

There is too much exposition in most comics.

Comic cons, at least the big ones are a huge waste of time and money unless you're there to get your portfolio reviewed.

I hate term "webcomic." I think it's used too much as a qualifier. Either "it's good for a webcomic," or one the other side you have people who will turn their nose up at anything that's not a mainstream comic distributed by Diamond. I also think a lot of comic fans who mostly only follow webcomics are very forgiving and have bad taste.

Saga is average at best.
>>
I never found Powergirl all that good or attractive
I didn't like Palmiotti's Powergirl
>>
>>77457367
>only thing is that it seems like F4 would have had to have been introduced earlier to work. At this point, it'd feel a little shoehorned

Nah, they could do something like have them be from another dimension Say Reed was experimenting with shit and accidentally warped the F4 into the MCU
>>
>>77457479
>I wish /co/ was a more unified board.

What do you mean?
>>
>>77457053
Is there a single human who disagrees with this fact?
>>
>>77457665
Steven universe well at least we got a decent narrative after all the wait
>>
>>77457773
Oh there are people who disagree.
>>
Characters should be owned by writers and artists, not the company, and they should stop being used once the original writer/artist stop working with it. Recycling popular characters for several years is the greatest flaw in comics.
>>
File: d13.gif (2MB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
d13.gif
2MB, 500x284px
I think Rick & Morty is highly overrated
>>
>>77457861
I would say the same for Archer.
>>
>>77457763

I wished we could work well together on more projects or at least have one idea or agreement on something. I mean there's threads here and there about that stuff but I feel it's not good enough. Marvel and DC comic book fans, webcomics and cartoons, internet animators, live action capeshit. Were all too different from each other. But for some reason /co/ assumes it means hivemind or we have to hate something to be unified.
>>
>>77457861
Archer's art style is fucking ugly
>>
File: amy mad.png (33KB, 140x208px) Image search: [Google]
amy mad.png
33KB, 140x208px
>>77457704
>I think tumblr is a great site for sharing your art
Fuck you. Tumblr is a shitty site for art. If I want to look at art, I shouldn't have to wade through hundreds of blogposts just to see it. It wouldn't be as bad if there was a "gallery view" or something similar, but there isn't. Not to mention tumblr's filesize limits are pathetic. No one should use it as a main gallery.
>>
>>77457790

The fat women that like SU are not people.
>>
Hotdog and Egg omelets are pretty good.
>>
we need more LGBT in animation that isn't bullshit pandering
>>
>>77457905
Well, /co/ will never unite on something mostly because it is a split board, most people are here for comics or cartoons, very few ones care equally about both.
>>
A lot of western comics shove to many words on to each page and need to learn to be more decompressed.
>>
>>77457909

No one would disagree with that. The art and animation has always been jarring. And the character designs are lazy as everyone is based on their voice actors with the exception of Archer.
>>
The Buu saga is underrated and easily as good as the Cell saga.
>>
>>77457309
Are you goofs telling me you don't want a AvX movie?
>>
>>77457963
Yeah, I'll give a occasionally give a cartoon a shot, but I rarely keep up with them and never discuss them on here. I just can't get into the art style for most Western cartoons.
I'm not sure why Western comcis and cartoons are lumped into the same board. They don't relate as closely as manga and anime.

I hide all cartoon threads. I hide most comics threads too. At any time I'll probably only have five or so threads not hidden and two of those are always the Batman Art and WinO threads.
>>
>>77457949

That would imply that cartoons would have competent writers. It's literally Bioware-tier at the moment. The comics side of /co/ also suffer from this. The only show that does it without being in your face is Clarence.
>>
>>77457704
>There is too much exposition in most comics.

>>77457995
>A lot of western comics shove to many words on to each page and need to learn to be more decompressed.

Seriously?
>>
>>77457309
I disagree, but I do think the MCU is just fine without mutants and at this point it's too late to introduce them even if they did get the rights back.
>>
>>77458043
/co/ was created to get western stuff out of /a/ on the first few years of 4chan, "comics and cartoons" read as "shit /a/ does not want"
>>
File: FriskyDingo.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FriskyDingo.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>77457909
>>77457998

I liked the Frisky Dingo aesthetic they were going for.
>>
>>77458043

I agree. Maybe they should split the board and the cartoon side of /co/ could has animation and webcomics while the comic side has DC/Marvel/non-cape stuff. It think it was because Moot as does the rest of the world, could give less of a shit about cartoons and comics so he lumped them together.
>>
>>77458059
Visual storytelling is the entire point of comics. If you feel otherwise you'd be better off spending your time reading/writing novels and short stories.
>>
>>77458148
Why would webcomics go with animation and not comics? That's stupid.
>>
>>77458166
Webcomics often have animate parts to them.
>>
>>77458166

Webcomics are not seen as real comics. They are a joke that appeals to the hipster overweight women cartoon loving community.
>>
>>77458201
>often
Which ones
>>
>>77458230

Not that anon but obviously Homestuck.
>>
>>77458031

No one with any taste wants that.
>>
>>77457913
when you follow someone their art just appears there on a chronological format mixed in with other content of people you follow, people you follow because of their content which you also presumably enjoy . It's not that much different from facebook but it's not being mixed with shit from your personal life. If you follow shitty blogs it's your fault
>>
Story is the least important part of a cartoon, and I'm bummed out that people seem to treat the big deal cartoons more like regular network TV. It's not like anything SU, AT, or GF are doing anything super jarring plotwise, either.
>>
>>77458247
Homestuck wouldn't belong on /comics/ or /cartoons/. It belongs on >>>/trash/
>>
>>77458166

Who else would take them? The cartoon watching community on 4chan which is small I might add, is fucking terrible and no sane real comic reader would ever take something as petty and insignificant as webcomics. I would rather have people talk about gag a day newspaper comics.
>>
>>77457998
>as everyone is based on their voice actors with the exception of Archer.

Not really. The only regular character who's based on a voice actor is Ray, who is modeled after Lucky Yates, who is Krieger's voice actor.
>>
>>77457309
I agree. The second Marvel gets X-Men and FF back, the chances for a Runaways, a Young Avengers or a Thunderbolts movie will dramatically decrease.
>>
>>77458295

Agreed. But sadly that will never happen. Once that gigapause ends, /co/ will be more awful than it already is. Not mention the capeshit films and that Zootopia movie next year. 2016 is gonna be a very bad year for /co/, if it's even possible to get more worse.
>>
>>77458056
i blame it on the writes taking little influence from other media outside comicbooks and cartoos, it just this incestuous replication of each others styles that ends up causing retarded writing.
>>
There is nothing seriously wrong with Marvel Civil War
>>
>>77458415
Read Kingdom Come, it's a much better Civil War.
>>
>>77458056
That's what frustrating about the industry beside comics (and I mean a few although some publishers like IDW have a decent selection) lgbt animation stories are filled with pandering especially in Anime.
>>
>>77458376
It's not as though I don't already have 95% of the board hidden right now.
>>
File: 1443297491844.png (2MB, 1000x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1443297491844.png
2MB, 1000x1254px
>>77458376
Hiro implied he would make a /film/ board a couple nights ago so all this crap can go there.
>>
>>77458150
Dude, that's stupid. It's not just a visual medium; if you want that, go to an art gallery. It has to have a narrative to have a well structured story, and mostly, it has to trick the eyes into perceiving that more is happening than is actually going on in the panel. Sometimes this is done through narration, sometimes through art, but balance is important. Older comics, like the ones from the 80s, manage this balance better than todays.
>>
>>77458116
>frisky dingo "aesthetic"

>>77458116
>frisky dingo aesthetic
there was no aesthetic adam reed and matt thompson are just fucking lazy

they shouldve never dissolved 70/30 productions, they shouldve finished Frisky. I would sacrifice the entire run of archer for just one more season of Frisky. and i like archer too!
but its pretty bad
>yeah i know i like bad things
>>
>>77458270
or the actual comic for that matter
>>
>>77457343
>muh religion of peace
typical /co/mblr
>>
>>77458480
Thank god. Can we get capeshit movies and tv shows to fuck off there too.

I feel like /co/ is the designated "le nerd culture" board with all the threads we get for Star Wars, Tolkein, Harry Potter, etc.

>>77458498
I said visual storytelling. If you need to rely heavily on the text to know what's going on in a story it's a poorly done comic. You should be able to understand the story off the art alone.
>>
>>77458519
The second season of Frisky Dingo with the political campaign was horrible.

Archer shouldn't even be animated.
>>
>>77458475

It's sad that tons of stuff has to be hidden just to make it tolerable. The only thing I have hidden is Rock and Morty threads 24/7. /co/ really should not be a board.
>>
>>77458287
Art posts and blog posts should be inherently separate. Especially since there's there's no "submission list" or anything. Say what you want, but it's absolutely subpar for art.
>>
>>77458573
'Nerd Culture' is a dirty word on 4chan. Although if you want to have actual Star Wars discussion instead of relentless memespamming you have no choice but to take it to /co/.
>>
>>77457704
>I also think a lot of comic fans who mostly only follow webcomics are very forgiving and have bad taste.
I absolutely agree. A lot of webcomics are so bland and boring it boggles the mind why people would read them. The answer is often "but I want to find out if they fuck". What????
>>
>>77457913
>I shouldn't have to wade through hundreds of blogposts just to see it.
Most good art blogs are JUST art blogs and keep reblogs and irrelevant posts to a minimum.
>It wouldn't be as bad if there was a "gallery view" or something similar, but there isn't.
Most good art blogs have a consistent tag system so you just have to click the Art tag and find everything they've done.
>Not to mention tumblr's filesize limits are pathetic.
Okay I can't defend that, that's pretty shit.
>No one should use it as a main gallery.
Even if it's not perfect, publicity from reblogs is probably worth it.
>>
>>77457053
Star Wars the clone wars is an overlooked movie. The animation is unique and is similar to the puppet shows from the 60s.
>>
the shit storm over a /nerd/ would be amazing
>>
>>77458480
> animated movies have to fuck off even though this is Comics and Cartoons
> Live action capeshit is a-okay
BOOOOO
>>
>>77458480

Are they separating /tv/? They really should be /cel/ and /film/ respectively. /tv/ is horrible as they are a runnoff of /r9k/, /sp/, and /fit/. You can't even go there because of all the Star Wars threads right now.
>>
>>77458638
Web comics nowadays also have a bad disease of all feeling the same.
>>
>>77458677
I can't go to most any board anymore and if I do I have to hide most of it. The influence of /pol/ and /r9k/ have really spoiled everything.
>>
File: 1443315339875.jpg (25KB, 465x350px) Image search: [Google]
1443315339875.jpg
25KB, 465x350px
>>77458677
Someone asked Hiro if he would split /tv/ after he moved WWE to /asp/ and he said he'd get around to it soon. And then he went and got himself stuck in France.
>>
>>77458676

I'm pretty sure /film/ would take away both.
>>
>>77458723
I don't care what happens to /tv/ as long as capeshit movies and tv shows fuck off of /co/.
>>
>>77458723
>Stuck in France
P-paris, France?
>>
File: 1444958664140.gif (276KB, 795x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1444958664140.gif
276KB, 795x1000px
>>77458825
He said something adorably broken like "Am in France now. Not close to the danger. Will reutrn soon." Poor bunny has no idea...
>>
File: Happy_eds.png (902KB, 933x702px) Image search: [Google]
Happy_eds.png
902KB, 933x702px
The Drawn Together movie isn't that bad, is just average

the dramatic moments of Powerpuff Girls are ridiculous

American Dad is a boring show

The Cramp Twins are funny

the old scooby doo shows and other hanna-barbera stuff are fucking boring

Since season 12, South Park is pure shit

Frozen is overrated

Marvel cinematic universe is just shit

please don't kill me
>>
>>77458638
>>77458682
>I absolutely agree. A lot of webcomics are so bland and boring it boggles the mind why people would read them.
Capes are worse. At least you can get a laugh out of shitty webcomics.

>>77458708
>>77458756
Yeah fuck capes. I have like 50 filters mostly big two related and 60+ threads hidden all the time and I still get TV shows and Marvel movies. It's irritating.
>>
South Park is /pol/tard pandering.
>>
>>77458573
Not him, but comics are not purely visual stories and most can't be understood by only looking at the art. The point the other poster was trying to make is that a comics story exist in the borderlands between written and drawn narrative and that the balance of the two is what gives the medium it's strength. The ability to have a visual narrative while using words to flesh out the details and subtle aspects. If comics solely relied on visuals it would lose a lot of its potential.
>>
>>77457885
>>77457909
>Buttmad R&M fans
>>
File: 1405143157607.gif (617KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1405143157607.gif
617KB, 400x229px
>>77458043
>I just can't get into the art style for most Western cartoons.
Then you should ya weeb.
>>
>>77458860
>Saying 'Not close to danger' when no one knows how many terrorist were involved/got away.

Haul ass home, Hiro. Haul ass home.
>>
>>77458920

R&M is just as bad. But I'm glad that I'm not the only one who dislikes that show.
>>
>>77458927

But that anon clearly likes comics and they are as western as you can get.
>>
>>77458910

words and pictures. and you can do anything
>>
>>77458961
Rick constantly belching isn't funny and put me off the show.
>>
>>77457053
Tintin in Tibet is an alright comic. I was expecting one of the greatest comics of all time, and I got an ok comic in the end. Not sure what all the hype is about.
>>
I never got the appeal of mega XLR, it bored me by the second episode.

>>77458931
It's not like you can say "May day die any moment. PANIC".
>>
>>77457913

this is what people who dont have a tumblr actually believe
>>
Anime is probably better then western animation, though simply due to sheer quantity and nothing else
>>
>>77459081
Prove me wrong
>>
>>77458875

>the old scooby doo shows and other hanna-barbera stuff are fucking boring

This is literally what everyone here thinks.
>>
>>77459021

at its worst it should only mildly annoy you. for something so insignificant to steer you away from the ACTUAL WRITING, you must be pretty petty
>>
>>77457995
You have that backwards. They are filling the page with words to cover the fact that they still don't know how to do decompression 10 years later.

I've stopped reading dialogue bubbles longer then a phrase during fight scenes because it ruins the pacing so badly.
>>
>>77459114

if you want original art, just search "art" or "my art" on blog to skip past all the non art stuff.
>>
>>77459225
That assumes everyone does that. Which they don't. Even when they do, it's not a gallery format, and the image resolution is still shit, with sometimes you have to change shit the url to not get a picture for ants. It's backwards as fuck.
>>
File: msmEdaM.jpg (617KB, 1170x1056px) Image search: [Google]
msmEdaM.jpg
617KB, 1170x1056px
I'm really excited forzootopia, the characters look adorable
>>
>>77458991
So what? It still ain't enough!
>>
>>77459091

what on gods green hell are you talking about. that industry is totally bloated with middle of the road wankbait. i seriously hope you meant "quality" not quantity
>>
>>77459274
I hate you so much.
>>
>>77459274
That's not an unpopular opinion, I think.
>>
>>77458294
I also find people weight story too heavily when criticizing comics.

The flaw in this method of criticism is really apparent in Bendis' GotG Vol1. The actual story is good, the execution is fucking terrible and lazy.
>>
>>77459278
Nope. Variety is what makes Anime watchable. Western cartoons are so fucking similar its like they are re-making the same thing over and over again, only slightly less good each time
>>
>>77459284
It's hard to make a post about it without having at least a few people shit themselves
>HOLYSHIT FURFAGS GET OUT REEEEE!1!

The other reasonable fear is that the impending general is going to just pull a Frozen and turn into a sesspool of shit which will eventually get banned.
>>
>>77459271

if they dont then its likley a shitty art blog then id'nit? fuckin everyone knows to tag their shit with that. and the resolution thing is a glitch they're probably working on. ive personally google image searched a picture one second and had it twice the size as when i searched it 5 seconds ago
>>
>>77457704
You're clearly a butthurt webcomic artist.
I bet yours is shitty, too :^)
>>
>>77459144
Sometimes it's the little things.
>>
>>77458910
This is why it's muh favourite.
>>
>>77459316

are you fucking daffy? so so SO much anime is samey as all fuck. and this is coming from an anime fan.
>>
>>77457053
Make that 30 and I'll agree.
>>
>>77459316
Are you fucking kidding me? What you just said defines about 90% of anime industry today.

>are so fucking similar its like they are re-making the same thing over and over again, only slightly less good each time

Lemme guess you wanna see six or seven mechas combine this time?
>>
>>77459380

sometimes its my ass
>>
>>77458043
>I just can't get into the art style for most Western cartoons

I don't like a lot of the art styles ether but I find the animation more than makes up for it.
>>
File: 1447394766655.jpg (347KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1447394766655.jpg
347KB, 900x1366px
>>77459299
I'm this anon:
>>77458573
>>77458150
>>77457704

Bendis is one of the worst creators in comics. Characters standing around around with walls of text is just awful. The repeated panels are unforgivable.
>>
>>77458656
>publicity from reblogs is probably worth it.
Definitely worth it if you keep it a side-gallery, not your main gallery.
>Most good art blogs are JUST art blogs and keep reblogs and irrelevant posts to a minimum.
Have seen very few, if any, of these.
>>
File: Similar0Invincible.jpg (69KB, 511x610px) Image search: [Google]
Similar0Invincible.jpg
69KB, 511x610px
>>77459488
It's the exact same thing they made fun of in Invincible.
>>
>>77457944
How is that an unpopular opinion?
>>
The Dark knight is overrated
>>
>>77458931
Maybe he was letting people know he wasn't in Paris.
>>
>>77459529
OP asked for unpopular opinions, anon
>>
File: Miya.png (184KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
Miya.png
184KB, 537x416px
>>77459316
>>
>>77458991
He said art style. Probably just doesn't like what is being exaggerated about each character.
>>
>>77459529

i will fuck your babys
>>
>>77459021
That gimmick has been toned down.
>>
>>77459366
>if they dont then its likley a shitty art blog then id'nit?
You're acting like that means they're in the minority. They're not.
Face it, there are thousands of better places to post your art. Having a tumblr for publicty purposes is fine, but it is by definition a shitty place to post your art primarily. None of its "file-size-limitations" and other shenanigans seem to have been made with the intention of making it an ideal art-sharing platform.
>>
>>77459138
Not Wacky Racers, though.
>>
>>77458007
It's not really that it's bad, it just drags on way too long. Gohan's character transformation, although technically accurate for someone with his lidn of personality, was definitely a huge letdown. Keeping Goku the star was a mistake.
>>
>>77459550
It's one of the most popular superhero movies ever faggot
>>
>>77459278
>quantity
I think he means more is produced, so there is more good and bad stuff.
>>
>>77459366
Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of good artists not tag their shit. If it had a gallery function by default, they kinda wouldn't need to, though.

As for the resolution issue, they aren't fixing it. It's been that way forever.

Tumblr is only good because it's popular. It's a fucking blog site, not an art website. No one should be using it as a main gallery, but far to many people do.
>>
File: 1345731476344.jpg (27KB, 259x188px) Image search: [Google]
1345731476344.jpg
27KB, 259x188px
>>77459316
>Variety is what makes Anime watchable
>>
Mystery Incorporated is shit

Brickleberry and Mr. Pickles is GOAT

The New Mickey Mouse shorts are complete shit, also
>Gene Deitch
>>
>>77458920
Both are overrated, Rick and Morty's just a little more entertaining. The R&M circlejerk on a lot of the internet, reddit especially, is insufferable though.
>>
File: WAIT NO NO.gif (94KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
WAIT NO NO.gif
94KB, 325x244px
>>77459699
Goddamn anon, we can't be friends.
>>
File: 1373873402089.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1373873402089.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>77459699
>Mystery Incorporated is shit
>>
>>77459699
dubs confirm

also, i liked the revival of Beavis and Butthead
>>
>>77458573
>I feel like /co/ is the designated "le nerd culture" board with all the threads we get for Star Wars, Tolkein, Harry Potter, etc.
It's exactly what it is. /co/ was invaded thoroughly by tumblr a few years ago, and this is their colony on 4chan. They don't wanna venture too far in this treacherous territory and explore the likes of /lit/ or /tv/, so they just "geek-out xD" on /co/ for everything.
>>
>>77457949
>>77458056
I think (and hope) this is just a passing phase, and then we'll get something more naturally handled. Once having gay characters stops being a novelty people will have more space to tackle it tastefully.
>>
>>77459488
Yeah, like I said, the execution was fucking horrible. Nothing but uninspired banter and page after page of fight scenes because he couldn't think of anything else for them to do.

The actual story of Json trying to game the Space Council, Starlord warning Iron Man (which is a plot point hidden under shitty banter), the Space Council getting wise to him and the Guardians taking their prison ship pirate style is good (although this last part was only good in that it connected with everyone calling them pirates all of a sudden).

These 4 issues would have made a solid 2 issues.

And yes, I had to do a lot of mental gymnastics while reading it to remind myself all the sudden uninspired changes to the Guardians was justified in universe by Age of Ultron.
>>
>>77459794
>dubs confirm
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>77458910
Truly the greatest medium.
>>
Homestuck is still amazing and the writing is better than 99% of cape comics.
>>
>>77458295
I love how that's a real redirection now.
>>
>>77459859
Unsurprisingly detaching a medium from its history and industry and thinking about it on a purely theoretical level rarely results in a description that approaches what it's actually like
>>
>>77458295
agreed
>>
>>77460084
I'm talking about the medium itself, the potential of what has to be done with it, not its history or how its industry works.
>>
A kid's show appealing to you and not being dumb doesn't make it an adult show
>>
>>77460163
My point is exactly that: talking about its potential is meaningless when 99% of the time it's never realized or even acknowledged. If you use that as a standard you have to admit that nearly everything in it is pure shit. I'm not talking Sturgeon's law-level, either. No hyperbole, 99% might actually be too low a number.
>>
>>77457053
>>77459405
>>
>>77459910
OP didn't ask for bait
>>
>>77460169
Holy fucking shit this

Also, People calling it a kid's show doesn't mean they're saying you can't watch it and doesn't warrant autistic levels of justification. The show is indeed aimed at children
>>
>>77458031
Only if it's written by the Nuzlocke guy.
>>
>>77460415
Not b8, just the truth. The only reason people bitch about Homestuck is the fandom, the actual product is fantastic.
>>
I love Jack Kirby's work, but I've always found his faces on men to be a little bit off his, he ladies however look like Hedy Lamarr (hot as hell) and I've always found his storytelling to be hamfisted
>>
>>77457053
>TDKR is a fucking great movie.
>Suicide Squad is going to be shit.
>MOS was ok, and Zod's death isn't even the word thing the movie does.
>Mark Millar's Supreme is crap.
>Batman Beyond was superior to BTAS.
>Toy Story 3 is the best of the trilogy.
>The 90s Flash show is more fun than the CW series, even if it isn't as faithful to the comics plot wise
>Genndy's Clone Wars was far better than the CGI series
>Spider-Man should have next to nothing to do with any other hero who isn't street level
>>
File: Go Fuck Off.gif (728KB, 371x208px) Image search: [Google]
Go Fuck Off.gif
728KB, 371x208px
>>77459405
Nope 50 episodes minimum.
>>
File: 1445185771603.gif (4MB, 443x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445185771603.gif
4MB, 443x250px
>>77460169
>>
>>77460477
>>77460169
This is something that really bugs me because the reason I watch kids shows in the first place is because of their kiddiness. I want something idealistic, escapist and less serious. They appeal to the child inside of me.

People who desperately try to convince themselves the kids stuff they like isn't for kids are pathetic.
>>
>>77460567
I actually agree with a lot of those.
>>
File: Peridotto... RETIRED.gif (814KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
Peridotto... RETIRED.gif
814KB, 500x397px
>>77460587
Apropos to nothing, SU gets accused of having too many anime references thrown in.

I say, it doesn't have enough.
>>
>>77460587
The season finale's impact on the overall plot is hardly comparable to that of the Lapis two-parter or the Peridot episodes. It's more of a climax than a set-up: it resolves what comes before it but doesn't really change the overall dynamic or conflict much and things return to normal by Season 2.

Goddammit, /co/ always manages to summon the faggot fanboy inside me.
>>
>>77460169
Are we talking about adventure time?
Because I see a lot of friends sharing stuff on facebook on how Adventure Time is actually deep and adult.
>>
Cape comics are universally garbage. There has never been a good one.
>>
>>77460559
Not him, but it's only good up until Hivebent. After that it degrades in quality rather quickly.
>>
Geoff Johns' Green Lantern should've ended after Blackest Night, or at least the emotional spectrum wars.
>>
>>77460653
Is that gif actually a reference? I mean, I can see it, but it doesn't feel similar enough.
>>
>>77460675
They're wrong, the show just happens to have some episodes with universal themes that kids and adults can relate to or understand.
>>
>>77460675
Sure, and really anything by CN, Disney et al. that is popular with adults
>>
Bob's Burgers is an average show that /co/ over praises because it stars Jon Benjamin and Kristen Schaal.
>>
File: pls.png (47KB, 176x186px) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
47KB, 176x186px
>>77460705
E-even Watchmen?
>>
Flex Mentallo is my favorite comic book of all time. It helped me at a time when I was depressed
>>
>>77460743
>universal themes that kids and adults
Couldn't quite put it into words. Thanks.
>>
>>77460768
How would they know? Sounds like they haven't actually read any cape comics.
>>
>>77458031
Who wants AvX anything?
>>
>>77460782
It was there for me too when I needed it, Anon. Can relate.
>>
>>77458910
Thank you anon
>>
Iron man 3 was great. Iron Man 2, however, is the worst modern cape movie I've seen.
>>
File: 1447143695621.png (366KB, 2136x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1447143695621.png
366KB, 2136x1900px
Gravity Falls has the best sibling relationship I've ever seen, in any media.

Don't know if it's unpopular, but it's certainly a bold claim.
>>
Joker and Harley are godawful characters, and their popularity makes me sick.
>>
File: Capturen.png (111KB, 175x241px) Image search: [Google]
Capturen.png
111KB, 175x241px
I like pic related's design. Masculine features and red hair make her pretty distinct. Can't get off to it, but its interesting visually.

>>77461814
Damn you just triggered my autism anon.
more power to you though
>>
File: incest.png (597KB, 1721x598px) Image search: [Google]
incest.png
597KB, 1721x598px
>>77461814
>>
/co/ needs to take it easy with the "tumblr" shit posts.
It's seriously becoming the new "autistic" and "fag" around here.
>>
I like Moon Over June
>>
File: 2015summer1.jpg (1MB, 1610x2107px) Image search: [Google]
2015summer1.jpg
1MB, 1610x2107px
>>77459316
>Variety is what makes Anime watchable
>>
>>77461174
I want an AvX do over.
>>
>>77462277
Man, I haven't watched animu in years. Had some hope for Gangtsa, but the first episode was so terrible I dropped it instantly.
>>
Said these last thread but :

Every analysis of a cartoon with the word Tumblr or Calarts in it is autistic, insufferable, and should probably be immediately discarded. Who cares if "it kinda sorta reminds me of Calarts because noodle arms", all that matters if it looks good and is fun.

If you don't like comfy, why the hell are you watching kid cartoons?
>>
>>77463212
>Every post with with the word autistic is insufferable and should probably be immediately discarded

ftfy
>>
>>77457053
No, OP, I actually don't.
>>
>>77458007

Given a choice between Cell and Freeza, I'd pick Cell every time.

Freeza is your generic evil overlord type; Cell is such a dick that he hosts an entire tournament to show how he's better than everybody else and even gives them time to get ready for it.
>>
I finished Dragonball and don't really care about Z even after reading a couple of volumes. Now that Goku is going to Namek I think I'm dropping it because of all the jokes about stuck on namek
>>
File: pl.gif (99KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pl.gif
99KB, 1200x900px
Prequel is a bad webcomic.
>>
batman should just be a nerd, and not some fucking batgod. He should get his shit rekted by super powered villains all the time, but have the last laugh because he is justice.

and at some point, he should die and let a different hero take over.

infact, at some point, it would be cool to actually replace many of the members of the justice league with others because they died in the line of duty. Hal jordan dies and is replaced by who ever, flash saves everyone at the expense of his molecular stability and is replaced by someone, etc.
>>
>>77457309
X-Men, yes. Spidey, no, but not as a primary Phase 1 character. FF, no either, but not as their own movie franchise, but like Hulk as support.
>>
>>77457905
You're retarded. Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>77457309
X-Men concept works alot beyter when its separate from other supes.

FF4 could work well. My concern with Spiderman is that other characters will be marginalized as Spidey is shoved in our faces over and over.
>>
>>77457949
This likely will never happen as it's always going to be shoehorned in for brownie points.
>>
>>77461738
If it had focused on Stark and Venko's daddy issues it could have been great.

Huge missed opportunity IMHO.
>>
I feel that they should reboot almost everything Nu52 except for Aquaman/Dick/Martian Manhunter/Midnighter/and some GL elements. No Barr Todd or whatever his name is, no Nu52 Superboy, and no Nu52 Tim. And no NUBO.

Cancel Teen Titans and let it rest for a few months to a year. Compose ideas on how to fix it because it's not working.

Compose ideas how to fix Legion of Superheroes. Doesn't matter what/how to fix it but it's been rebooted six, seven times? Instead of rebooting it use an old universe and fix that instead. If you have to reboot it DON'T reboot it again. EVER. EVER.

Break up Teddy/Billy or at least stop making them so bland.
>>
>>77457343
This desu senpai
>Charlie Hebdo makes fun of Russians dying on that plane
>few days later France gets rekt
>>
How to determine if something is shit
>it has a female protagonist
They are all bland shit.
>it has a female writer
This one is obvious, since women are too dumb to write anything worthwhile.
>>
>>77457053
My 2 cents:

Scooby Doo, no matter what generation, has always been boring. It baffles me as to why it has gotten so many re-installments

Comcs have always been a cheap, low quality form of entertainment. More so than vidya

Post-cancellation till about 2010 Family Guy was funny. Better than modern day FG. Pre-cancellation FG was terrible and I don't understand how anyone could defend it

The Simpsons has always been boring as well

Shadman draws very good porn.

Psychicpebbles is that edgy kids who disrupted the class in high school for no other reason to be an ass. 90% of his cartoons are funny to edgy kids. Hellbenders 1 is the only good thing he has ever created and Hellbenders 2 was shit. Whenever it comes to TV, it will tank HARD. Though, he should stand as an example that no matter what you look or sound like, no matter your sense of humor, you can still get a qt gf.

Camp Lazlo was a good cartoon

Archer is overrated

Ugly Americans was better than modern South Park.

MLP FiM seasons 1-3 was very good and I enjoyed it very much. Stopped after season 4 due to disappointment and hatred for the brony community.

Home Movies was terrible. Just God-awful

All I got right now
>>
>>77460567
Good tastes, anon
>>
>>77457905
Make a fucking blog then you retard, take the weak minded faggots too.
>>
File: image.png (464KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
464KB, 640x1136px
>>77473781
>My 2 cents
>MLP FiM seasons 1-3 was very good
Your opinion isn't even worth a penny.
>>
>>77473862
I knew I was gonna get shit for that...
>>
It's fucking stupid when people criticize a cartoon by calling it a website they don't like.

Steven Universe really isn't as "SJW" as everyone likes to hate on it for being. The comparison only exists because of fans who blow scene meanings out of proportion or make them up all together.

People who go out of their way to shit on MLP are no better than the people who sperg over it; they're probably worse in all honesty.

I bought Black Ops 3 instead of Fallout 4.
>>
>>77473919
Meh, 2 overrated games. Nothing to feel bad about anon.
>>
File: Meatwad.png (320KB, 900x544px) Image search: [Google]
Meatwad.png
320KB, 900x544px
Pic related is my reaction to every single American comedy be it live-action or animated.
Either I have no sense of humor, or Americans are just unfunny bastards incapable of creating anything good which is more than likely.

Horror is the worst genre to ever exist and it has produced nothing of value in any medium. Von Trier's Antichrist is shit, by the way.

Maus definitely doesn't deserve to be considered an achievement, especially when stories like that are told to fifth-graders in Europe in high-school.

Dollars trilogy is shit and Morricone's score is the only thing that saves it.

Corto Maltese is just shit and its only redeeming quality is art
>>
>>77473935
>Maus definitely doesn't deserve to be considered an achievement, especially when stories like that are told to fifth-graders in Europe in high-school

THIS A MILLION TIMES

Also, where are you from?
>>
>>77473959
Belarus. Please don't meme me
>>
>>77473996
Cool. Don't know anything about Belarus so I can't meme you or come up with a decent opinion as to why you dislike all American humor. Though I do agree most of it is shit.

Oh well...
>>
>>77473919
I was so confused by the BLOPS 3 campaign
>>
>>77457747
But then they'd want to go back.

Don't become a writer.
>>
File: spider-man-shrugs.jpg (111KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-shrugs.jpg
111KB, 640x481px
>>77473919
As a brownie, I kind understand the haters. Not that I think their opinions are right, just that it comes with the territory and we all hate on things. I hate on SU and Adventure Time and know others who do, there's one of us for everyone who likes it...and MLP has a fanbase on this site alone big enough to warrant a solo board that's almost as active as this entire one, so that being said a show with that many people who like it is gonna have just as many who don't like it, its kind of like Pokemon or something in that regard

But yeah people who obsessive about their hate like Barneyfag are complete autists

Anyway...

MLP seasons 1, 2, 4, and 5 are all great and arguably the best animated show on the air right down to musical quality, world building, lore, and number of likeable characters, and while season 3 was a noticeable dip in quality it wasn't as bad as some like to exaggerate

Marvel Cinematic Universe has had good movies but has more mediocre and downright bad ones than good and I'm disappointed by that as a Marvel fan

All three original Spider-Man movies were cringey and pretty not good

X-Men origins fucked shit up but was not a total failure, as in it gave us a great pre-Deadpool Wade and the first and last time in the X-Men movies Sabretooth was done correctly and had a proper relationship with Logan

I do not give a single care that Superman kills Zod in MOS considering unlike some people I still remember what happened in Superman 2

In fact, I think people with no kill rules are stupid

Teen Titans is the most overrated show on this board, and action cartoons in general tend to be boring, uninspired, and cliche with few exceptions

Most "adult comedy" cartoons stink on ice, the only ones I've ever liked were South Park and KOTH

Heath Ledger actually was funny in TDK

Punisher Warzone was better than The Punisher, and I actually am fond of both
>>
>>77474045

I think Activision realized that most people don't care about the single-player COD campaigns and are letting the writers get as weird and wild as they want to.

It's kind of neat at least, as someone who does enjoy the single-player COD campaigns. If they wanna get weird that’s fine by me.
>>
>>77473935
I was agreeing with you up until-

>dollars trilogy is shit

Fight me faggot
>>
Depowered martial artist Wonder Woman is the only time I actually liked the character.
>>
>>77458662
Honestly bruv the series is better, and I say that as a fan.
You're my nigga for comparing it to supermarionation tho
>>
>>77457949
honestly steven universe does it pretty well
>>
>>77474340
Better than LOK at any rate.
>>
Nordics are less than people. They are even less than animals. Especially Danes.
>>
You're waifu a shit
>>
>>77474197
>MLP seasons 1, 2, 4, and 5 are all great and arguably the best animated show on the air right down to musical quality, world building, lore, and number of likeable characters, and while season 3 was a noticeable dip in quality it wasn't as bad as some like to exaggerate

I dunno if I'd say "arguably the best animated show on the air right now" b/c we've got some pretty damn good ones (if the best parts of Steven Universe and Gravity Falls could somehow combine, I couldn't imagine a better cartoon), and I can't speak for season 5 b/c I havent watched it yet, but honestly I agree with the sentiment. Seasons 2 and 4 were especially great, most of season 1 kinda was hampered by it still getting its bearings and pretty damn cliche plots, though by the end of the season it was definitely beginning to gain its traction (Party of One is still one of my favorite episodes to date). However, it's still a show that has IMMENSE care put into it, even if sometimes it misses the mark.
>>
Gravity Falls is an overrated mediocre piece of shit.
>>
>>77473919

>I bought Black Ops 3 instead of Fallout 4

I see no problem with this. At least BLOPS ia honest about who they are catering to instead of making lies like Todd "pre-order" Howard.
>>
>>77473919
I don't feel like even torrenting Fallout 4. What I heard about it does not bode well.
>>
>>77474528
All Fallout games past 2 suck ass anyway.
>>
>>77474537
New Vegas didn't suck.
To be honest, originals were loaded with issues anyway, but they had something Bethesda can't quite replicate.
>>
>>77474340

Garnet is full blown obnoxious though. I liked her better when she was just some stoic instead of whining about fusion and unity all the time. Ruby is the worst character and she only appeared for two episodes. It really doesn't matter since I dropped the show about a month ago. It's way too girly and obnoxious to me, Garnet is one of the many problems of the show.
>>
>>77474550
The only enjoyment I got out of New Vegas was testing what happens if I keep double-crossing NPCs.
Otherwise it was the same Oblivion with guns, which annoys me. Oblivion just bores me to tears.
>>
File: captain_sweden_4p3.jpg (182KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
captain_sweden_4p3.jpg
182KB, 800x600px
>>77474396
>>
>>77474507

That's not Reddit and Memey.
>>
>>77474581
Be careful, anon. Things like that trigger mods.
>>
>>77474571
Well, disliking gameplay I can understand, I myself feel like RPGs should be reduced to visual novels since making interesting combat seems impossible.

But it was geniunely fun to explore, mess with conflicting agendas.
>>
File: 1447065617044.png (275KB, 612x456px) Image search: [Google]
1447065617044.png
275KB, 612x456px
Beast from New X-men and beyond is made for bara furfag money, making it a good reason to make him unlikeable as a character but really good as fap bait

Tumblr is only good for art blogs if an artist's twitter or Pixiv doesn't exist

It's good to sexualize the Gems and even make them more attractive, like giving Garnet boobs or upping Pearl or Lapis' cup size

The only reason Richard from Gumball is being written as an incompetent father is to make him the perfect candidate for the Void development into making him a "mistake"

Traps are only good if you go all the way with the process without any drama or mental breakdowns. Asian boytoy "girls" are a good example on this
>>
>>77457343

Kind of? They've had terror attacks for years and their government has been absolutely negligent in fighting it. After Charlie all they did was just bellyache like somehow terrorists were actually wronged somehow and had some credence to retaliate.
>>
>>77460705
So you've read them all then?
>>
>>77474507

>Mediocre
>Piece of shit

Pick fucking one.
>>
>>77458875
>Frozen is overrated
I agree.
>>
>>77457053
The Simpsons episode Saddlesore Galactica was fun and enjoyable. Also the "Panda Rape" thing from the episode Homer vs. Dignity is no big deal and the fans are just overdramatic about it.
>>
>>77477124
I think now that the shine is wearing off, this isn't such an unpopular opinion
>>
File: gemsmirin.png (297KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
gemsmirin.png
297KB, 1200x1332px
Steven Universe is my favourite cartoon currently airing and I watch pretty much every cartoon making episodes right now.

It's so innocent and qt, makes my heart melt. Good amount of fantasy action and cute family aspect to it. Even dabbles in lorefaggotry. It's not nearly as /tumblr/ as every suggests anyway
>>
>>77474625
>Traps are only good if you go all the way with the process without any drama or mental breakdowns. Asian boytoy "girls" are a good example on this

But anon, mental/emotional instability makes them easier to manipulate into sex
my insecure beta trap gf would know
>>
>>77457053
Steven Universe?
>>
File: pocky.gif (1MB, 631x351px) Image search: [Google]
pocky.gif
1MB, 631x351px
I enjoy We Bare Bears without being a chubby chasing gay man who is sexually attracted to bears.

At the same time I feel like this show panders to gay men and furries for the following reasons:

>the number of times Panda's ass gets slapped/stuck somewhere
>grizz's recent weight gain episode for hibernation
>their round butts and stomachs constantly being exaggerated and displayed (most noticeably Panda trying to fit his body into a spandex suit and having it roll it over his butt fat)
>minor shit like pic related everywhere

could this show be any gayer? this is going to raise a new generation of bara furry lovers
>>
>>77471312
This is loss right?
>>
>>77477660
Episode? Or is this fan made?
>>
File: stevenAtALoss.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
stevenAtALoss.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
>>77477721
yes
>>
File: 1447542534536.png (182KB, 358x356px) Image search: [Google]
1447542534536.png
182KB, 358x356px
>>77477733
It's in the preview for the next episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSOSMAgxkEI

Also Grizz weight gaining in this episode too.
>>
>>77457309
X-men and F4, yes. Outside of doom F4 is pretty damn boring.-
>>
>>77477570
He said unpopular opinions, not objectively wrong ones.
>>
>>77460594
>People who desperately try to convince themselves the kids stuff they like isn't for kids are pathetic.
You've articulated the opinion I hold pretty well. Liking, say, MLP for some feel-good escapism is fine. But don't pretend it's got "muh deepest law" because it doesn't, at the end of the day it is for little girls. Having a fantasy setting doesn't make it some intricate universe that only adults can understand.
>>
>>77457053
I like rolling coal and lifted trucks
>>
>>77457053
>It takes over 50 episodes to actually kick start the narrative.
Wut? If episode is 10 minutes long (Bare minimum conceivable, I think, assuming those aren't shorts which usually don't have narrative) it's 500 minutes. I think an audiobook of a novel would be something this long. Two pretty long movies would be this long. A season of HBO series is just 20% longer.

And you are just getting started? What kind of bullshit is this?
>>
I think Archer Vice is not that bad.
>>
>>77474189
But it would take awhile to do that because Reed wouldn't have the tech around to re-create it.
>>
>>77477819
>le Doom is a good character meme
Fuck off. Doom is one of the shittiest characters to ever exist.
>>
Just because a child's show has some 'adult' jokes doesn't make it an adult show.

They should end the damn "Querl/Kara wangst" thing by either hooking they together already or having them see other people like Damien or Dick. It's not cute or funny and they only have it for the nostalgia faggots.
>>
>>77478792
>*them not they
>>
We need less LGBT in everything especially in kid cartoons
>>
>>77473919
>People who go out of their way to shit on MLP are no better than the people who sperg over it; they're probably worse in all honesty.

fucking this
>>
>>77462277

But there's plenty of variety in the guide.
>>
Some anon mentioned earlier in the thread but some comics really has way way too much talking,exposition,etc in them. It makes reading them a chore like Amazing Spiderman but if I really like the book then I don't mind it too much but less is best generally.
>>
>>77457309
No, the FF is crucial to cosmic characters and having good Avengers villains like Doom and Kang
>>
>>77479448
That's is what happens when comics are decompressed so much. Claremont could fill a whole comic with expostion but it didn't matter since you rarely get a comic that felt like the prologue for the next comic like in most Marvel/DC comics nowadays.
>>
>>77460559
>actual product is fantastic
>Act 6
>it took three years to revive vriska and kill off any character development from the other characters
>more obnoxious characters introduced
>meta humour is getting stale
>that obvious pandering with davekat and needing a male rosemary clone

Haha, no.
>>
>>77461814
The Belcher kids from Bob's Burgers have a great relationship. Also it's not traditional, but Lilo and Nani is good too.
>>
>>77457343
May I know why?
>>
>>77482231

Not that same anon but they're French. That's good enough in my book.
>>
>>77477570

I know this is a unpopular opinion thread but holy shit this still makes me upset. You went full sperg, anon. They have /sug/ in the /trash/ board if that makes you happy.
>>
>>77458875

Nobody would disagree with you on any of this. Well the Cramp Twins not so much.
>>
>>77474507
GF is either poor or is overrated piece of shit, you should decide, you retard.
>>
>>77457053

People that argue over weather TT03 or TTG is better are the worst fucking tards. Just stick to the one you like and enjoy it.
>>
James and the giant peach was a horrid movie.
>>
>>77457053
Paranatural's dialogue is monotonous, obnoxious, and kills any emotional intensity whatsoever.
>>
>>77474507
Overrated and mediocre? Sure. Piece of shit? No
>>
For every hundred time /co/ accuses an author of pandering to tumblr or SJWs, 1 of those cases are legitimate.
>>
>>77484912

It's a webcomic. It's guaranteed to be shit.
>>
>>77485044

And it's usually the authors that everybody knows is already shit.
>>
>>77460735
probably a jojo reference hence [RETIRED] and multiple fast jabs.
>>
File: KFP.jpg (101KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KFP.jpg
101KB, 720x1080px
Kung-fu Panda 2 is a shoddily written, poorly paced movie.
>Po achieves inner peace by learning that his mother was brutally murdered
>Po somehow has flashbacks to when he was a fucking infant
>Shen's backstory is literally "WAAAAAHHHH MOMMY AND DADDY DIDN'T LOVE ME ENOUGH!"
>The Soothsayer is just a rehash of the turtle from Kung-fu Panda 1
>Shen's plan is to invade all of China with like, seven ships
>The Furious Five fail over and over, getting captured twice
Everything 4chan loves is shit, especially Pixar/Dreamworks movies.
>>
>>77462277
Thank you for proving: >>77459316 's point.

Also, some great things aired in Summer 2015.
>>
People who waifu American cartoons or claim to get off on them makes me disgusted. That and I can barely ship characters from American cartoons.

Mostly, because they are for children and many of them are kids, yet no one calls out the people 'waifuing' or talking about how they want to 'stick their dick' in some character here for being pedos. Yet, when they do it on a/ everyone throws that term out a lot even though the characters that they are 'waifuing' are usually older even if they look younger.

I also feel that there's a real lack of sexual tension between characters in American cartoons so I really don't care who gets with who. I just can't really get emotionally invested in the relationships of these characters no matter how hard I try. It could be, because these cartoons go on and on and on forever and you are barely rewarded, even if you support a ship or not. That and there's a real lack of drama & sexual tension. I supported couples before or wanted characters to get together, but it wasn't until I got in Japanese animation that I began getting rewarded with actual conclusions to romances even if I agreed with the final outcome or not. I appreciate the Avatar series being the first in a long time to try and pull this off, but even then I feel that the sexual tension is missing at times.
>>
File: AutismSpeaks.png (3KB, 284x115px) Image search: [Google]
AutismSpeaks.png
3KB, 284x115px
>>77487570
>/a/utism
>>
i find shippers and waifufags i meet in real life either mentally debilitated or confused, bar a few exeptions.
I love that 4chan allows for a fair amount of free spech, but i could do without the dumb vitriol and edginess.
>>
File: 1447155578033.jpg (53KB, 1220x606px) Image search: [Google]
1447155578033.jpg
53KB, 1220x606px
Golden age Family Guy is better than anything the Simpsons ever put out. That being said, the current season is the worst the show has ever been by far

AoStH is the best Sonic cartoon bar none

Regular Show has always been superior to any other post-2010 CN show

If your show uses Flash motion tweening, I won't even bother

Pre reboot Nostalgia Critic was a decent if flawed comedy. Everything since then has been terrible, and the show died when Rachel left.
>>
>>77490424
>best sonic cartoon
That's like picking a best dog turd
>>
Live action Super Hero movies are boring.
>>
>>77477828
>>77482475
Wew lad, reel it back a bit
>>
File: 1402944973467.jpg (121KB, 756x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1402944973467.jpg
121KB, 756x1000px
>>77458573
>I feel like /co/ is the designated "le nerd culture" board with all the threads we get for Star Wars, Tolkein, Harry Potter, etc.
star wars ended up here because there isn't anywhere else to have decent discussions about it on 4chan and because there are some star wars cartoons and comics so it's somewhat /co/ related

Have you tried starting a harry potter thread on /lit/? It just devolves into arguing and shitposting Most potterfags have to make stealth threads on /v/ and /co/ if they want to talk about the series.
>>
>>77484547
it;s such an apples and oranges scenario
>>
>>77460735
>>77485539

I think it's a Hajime no Ippo reference
>>
>>77474197
also note as one of them: Slice of life was GOATAY
>>
>>77474507
YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE.
>>
>>77457343
How does this have to do with cartoons?
>>
>>77457913
Real late with this one but there actually is a "gallery view" for tumblr blogs. Its just not advertised at all... and kind of shitty.
>>
>>77471825
I think Batman should be a more street level vigilante and not Batgod who can keep up (physically) with demigods and supernatural forces. Also he needs more of an emphasis on his intellect and detective work, rather than him being a rage monster who solves his problems with punching.
>>
>>77457343
You can say that for most of first world countries.
>>
>>77493352
This. Although I think Batman should be psychically capable, just not his main focus.
>>
I genuinely think that seasons 1 to 3 of Adventure Time is some of the best stuff a cartoon has ever done. So good man.
Sad that the recent seasons sucking have made people shit on the older ones too.
>>
I actually like the Meghan Trainor song from the peanuts movie.
>>
>>77493477
That's a popular opinion.
>>
>>77493522
I'm not sure everyone else on this board likes AT enough to claim that it's some of the best cartooning ever made, but thank you for the sentiment anon.
>>
File: 1444794196786.jpg (67KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1444794196786.jpg
67KB, 530x444px
v for vendetta is more artistic than watchmen and nobody gives it a chance because Anonymous ruined the V mask
>>
FiM has always been boring garbage that only a literal child could enjoy and it's hilarious that something like that inspired one of the largest Internet fan and hatebases ever.
>>
File: 1446286442497s.jpg (3KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
1446286442497s.jpg
3KB, 103x125px
>>77493683
>thinks FiM is a stupid cartoon for babies
>unpopular opinion thread
Learn to read plox
>>
>>77457089
This is a pretty common opinion among people who have heard more than one metal band.
>>
>>77493575

Don't worry it agreed that 1-3 was the best. Most people dropped it by that time and the only ones that were left were die-hard fans of the show. Soon they all abandoned it for Steven Universe.
>>
>>77493683

That's a popular opinion. Wait? Barneyfag, is that you?
>>
>>77457089

Everybody and their grandma knows this.
>>
Blade Trinity was a good movie.
>>
>>77459316
let me sum up anime for you

>cute girls doing cute things

"uwaaa-marisa chan are you going to finish your sweets??:3"

>shonen stuff
"ILL NEVER GIVE UP. THATS WHAT MY FRIENDS TAUGHT ME!"
"FRIENDSHIP? THATS STUPID. I WILL DESTR--WHOAA HOW ARE YOU SO POWERFUL?"
only reason to watch this hsit would be for the fightscenes that they funnel thier entire budget into and thus you get mediocre story 90% of the time

>slice of life anime
this is usuall a anime about a unpopular kid or someone trying to get through a certain phase of thier life

sometimes you get gems like Enter NHK or melancholy life of Haruhi other times you just get more CUTE GIRLS but with LOVE TRIANGLES

>shameless fap bait animes
youll know these when you see them.
just go look at porn on your computer you mong.

and then finally once every blue moon you will get a really good anime movie or very short and simple anime series(1 season long). This stuff is a really good argument that anime is NOT a mistake

>summer wars
>redline
>space dandy
>PantynStocking w Garterbelt
>TengenTopaGurrLaga
>spice and wolf
>Fate zero
>>
>>77461814
what about the three Alaskan brothers in Brother bear?

what about Daggett and Norbert?
>>
>>77494033
If that's your examples of good anime, then fuck off you fucking pleb. Your taste is bad even by standards of this thread.
>>
Bojack is good but has been seriously overhyped by the depressed and directionless 20-somethings it caters towards.

Dr. Seuss' art style is discomforting to say the least.

Jacques and Willis are damaged individuals and as such don't deserve the Dobson-tier obsession/hate that /co/ has been giving them.

Nothing Brad Neely has done after "Wizard People, Dear Reader" has come close to matching its brilliance.

Mission Hill and Clone High are both overrated.

"Keeper of the Reaper" was the start of the downfall of Grim Adventures.

Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck.
>>
>>77473919
>People who go out of their way to shit on MLP are no better than the people who sperg over it; they're probably worse in all honesty.
I love this lie that people who hate a terrible property are worse than the ones who over inflate it.
>>
>>77494033

Why do you even pretend you watch anime? You sound like someone who would get laughed out at by /a/ if you haven't already. How does someone have all this shit taste?
>>
>>77494033

You sound like an /a/ reject. What happened? They kick you out for your bad taste? Let me guess, you stopped watching anime around 2005 and now you just watch pleb-tier anime whenever you get wind of it. I bet you go to those Toonami generals too.
>>
File: laughinggirls.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>77494033

>summer wars
>redline
>space dandy
>PantynStocking w Garterbelt
>TengenTopaGurrLaga
>spice and wolf
>Fate zero

>good anime
>>
>>77457343
Fuck of mudslime, Polnareff is cool
>>
>>77473935
So you don't like the show you used your reaction pic from?
>>
>>77497282
You motherfucker. Don't even toss Summer Wars and Redline into that pile of shit.
>>
File: gon.jpg (51KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
gon.jpg
51KB, 848x480px
>>77494033

You forgot mecha. Also there nothing inherently wrong with shonen.
>>
>>77458043
Same, the last cartoons I followed were LoK, OtGW, and GF. But for the most part I'm just here for comics. While anime and manga are very closely tied together because of the sheer number of manga with an anime adaption.
>>
>>77457343
>ISISfags being this buttmad because the most famously cowardly country in the UN bombed the shit out of you within two days

You faggots got assfucked by France of all places. Your jihad got BTFO by fucking frogeaters.
>>
File: 3670046-8325351214-80337.jpg (470KB, 903x819px) Image search: [Google]
3670046-8325351214-80337.jpg
470KB, 903x819px
Waid and Ringo's run is my favorite Fantastic Four run. I've also read Byrne's run, Hickman's, and the original 102 by Stan and Jack
>>
>>77497296

Redline was style over substance. It's good looking and it's all over the place but you can't say that that's shit is good. You really sound like someone who doesn't watch too much anime and got all of your ideas from Toonami or Reddit.
>>
>>77457053
Bojack Horseman is the most pretentious shit I've ever watched and it struck a cord with so many people because millennials are all a bunch of shitheads searching for meaning in their lives.

The Boondocks comic strip is just the most extreme stuff Huey says in the TV show that you're supposed to realize is crazy in comic book form but said seriously.
>>
/mlp/ was a mistake
>>
>>77497325

>Bojack Horseman is the most pretentious shit I've ever watched and it struck a cord with so many people because millennials are all a bunch of shitheads searching for meaning in their lives

This. Every single one of them sounds like rich and sheltered spoiled hipsters who make up problems and claim they are "tortured souls" because they think they relate to some cartoon horse John Stamos. Not to sound like some tumblrina but I guarantee you all of them are white.
>>
File: 1415839944725.jpg (28KB, 650x395px) Image search: [Google]
1415839944725.jpg
28KB, 650x395px
>>77457944
if its an omelette you don't have to specify that there's egg in it
>>
>>77497347
That's what they're satirizing
>>
>>77497329

Agreed. We need to remove rule 15 at least. It's stupid to not talk about cartoons on a cartoon board. Also we need something to separate comics and liveaction capeshit. They never have any ties to cartoons aside from some shitty tie-ins no one gives three fucks about.

Also Hiro needs to split /tv/ into /film/ and /cel/ respectively. It's awful over there unless you like dank memes, Star Wars, and baneposting.
>>
>>77497323
>style over substance
Like all of anime.
>>
>>77497359
Saying something doesn't make it true.
>>
>>77497359

Then the irony is amazing and those posters have no self awareness.
>>
>>77497382

You do not watch enough anime. And if that's what you think then the west has neither. Unless you're a retard who thinks Rick and Morty, Bojack, or Gravity Falls is "deep" and "profound".
>>
>>77493582

Both are pretty mediocre and they are not hated because of 4chan. They are hated because it's based off of a DC comic made by some pretentious crazy hobo wizard.
>>
>>77497384
Well take this for example
>Every single one of them sounds like rich and sheltered spoiled hipsters who make up problems and claim they are "tortured souls".

That's essentially the characterization of Diane, the ghost writer. She's a millenial hipster who created her own drama by insisting she had to change the world and spent a big chunk of season 2 miserable in a warzone before she realized what she was doing to herself. A bigger example was the thing with the hippo.

>>77497390
That's correct, those posters are sheltered brats with inflated self importance.
>>
>>77497407
>y-you just don't watch anime
>retarded assumptions
Fuck off, weeb. All anime is garbage and I never even said West has anything valuable.
>inb4 you try to convince me how "deep" and "profound" mediocre trash like Texhnolyze, Utena or Angel's Egg are.
>>
>>77497438
>not liking what i like makes you a sheltered brat!

Nah buddy.
>>
>>77497453
Hey I like Bojack Horseman just fine and I really look forward to season 3. It's not about what they like, it's about misinterpretation of satire.
>>
-Carol Danvers is a shit character and has genuinely never been interesting. Though she isn't particularly badly written, she's just fucking bland and that's even worse than being terribly written.

-Ultimates is hopefully a death sentence for that character.
>>
>>77497453

The show is alright, can't wait for season 3 but the small fanbase that they have are insufferable. I sometimes like to troll and say it's furry bait.
>>
YouTube Poop is basically folk art.
>>
>>77497492
>inb4 HURR DURR STARJAMMERS

Fucking Waifufags
>>
>>77497505
>folk art

surely you meant Dadaism
>>
>>77477660
Fat butts used to be funny, now you can't use them because apparently it's pandering to fat fetishist homos.
>>
File: Golly!.png (733KB, 972x592px) Image search: [Google]
Golly!.png
733KB, 972x592px
>>77494454
>lie
>>
>>77486004
I found it incredibly boring. Maybe it's because the characters didn't really catch me in KFP 1.
It was pretty though.
>>
>>77487570
It's because nobody wants to lose time arguing with a pedo who doesn't think he's one.
Besides
>shipping waifufag
You're almost as bad as them, nobody cares what you think.
>>
>>77497543
Folk dadaism, whatever.
>>
The first time I watched Steven Universe I was pretty much exclusively on /tv/. It happened to be on extremely early that morning and I thought it was a shit show that was basically pushed to the 6AM slot for good reason.

Then I came back here and was actually surprised that it had a dedicated following, so I gave it another chance.

My opinion hasn't changed in the slightest. Stephen Universe is fucking awful.
>>
any media that couldn't survive without supplemental titillation is creatively bankrupt
>>
File: A Small Town.jpg (404KB, 1280x777px) Image search: [Google]
A Small Town.jpg
404KB, 1280x777px
>>77497407
>anime
>deep and profound
It's anything but. It tries too hard and slips on itself.

And no, Gravity Falls isn't necessarily deep, but it certainly has the deepest lore.
>>
>>77457309
You're right in the sense that the need to build less popular brands benefits them but now that the movies are the biggest thing in the world they would be great additions as long as Marvel controls themselves.

Unless you mean in the incredibly retarded "X-Men don't make sense/FF are boring and campy" way.

Now is like the perfect time to bring in X-Men. People in America have huge nationwide meltdowns of hysteria every time the news tells them to, how would they react to teens across the country suddenly gaining powers all at once and scientists declaring them a new race of supermen? Have teenage Scott, Jean, Bobby and Angel go to the Xavier school and be told that mutants have existed for decades in very small numbers, but this recent wave was unprecedented. You know, EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL FUCKING COMICS.

And if you honestly believe FF is campy or outdated, I'm sorry but you must have fucking down's syndrome.
>>
Diablo is a better villain than Doom
>>
CW should give up on DC series. Enough characters have been shit on.
>>
>>77498024
All of live-action comic series are goddamn awful. You can argue for Daredevil not being shit, but it pales in comparison to any DD run that's even slightly above mediocre.
>>
>>77497323
>style over substance
And that's a bad thing because?
>>
>>77498063
Still, as an adaptation, Daredevil is enjoyable and, overall, well made.
Flash and Arrow are plain bad in all aspects.
Also, before someone mentions it: No, they didn't go downhill from an specific season or episode. They were always awful, since the very first episode.
>>
>>77457665
But that's not true at all. The narrative takes place over the course of ~26 episodes and is then extended, introducing a new story arc around episode 50.
>>
>>77457998
>everyone is based on their voice actors with the exception of Archer.
Actually that's not true. You see the voice actor's name is H. Jon Benjamin and looks very close to what Archer actually looks like. Where you seem to be confused (and don't worry its meant to confuse people) is that Jon Benjamin the actor is also voiced by H. Jon Benjamin. It's sort of in-joke for the Archer crew that they made Archer look like H. Jon instead that fat slob Jon B. If you don't believe me just axe yourself how could such a velvety voice come from this ugly fuck?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
PROBLEM SOLVERZ WAS A GREAT SHOW THAT DESERVES RESPECT AND ADORATION FROM ALL!
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.