[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no more mutans >198 mutants left >all stories added

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 5

File: 1290250-nomoremutantscp.jpg (15KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1290250-nomoremutantscp.jpg
15KB, 600x300px
>no more mutans
>198 mutants left
>all stories added up together, it didn't even make 198 mutants

I see what you did there Marvel.

Yes it took me that long to realize.
>>
Was it said how 198 kept their powers?
>>
>>77452255
What
>>
I don't get it....
>>
>>77452311
Yeah I didn't explain it well.

What I mean is, Marvel did a big fuss over that, "wipe out Mutants off the surface of the earth"; and we ended up with about 200 mutants left.

Except that if you add up all Mutants stories together, since the start to that moment, you'd count less than 200 mutant characters.

So effectively it didn't really change a damn thing.
>>
>>77452360
Are you kidding?
I mean, if you add up the x-men and the brotherhood and all the other x-groups, maybe you wouldn't come to 200, but what about the morlocks and all the mutants that only appeared once or were never given names?
>>
>>77452360
>So effectively it didn't really change a damn thing.
While it doesn't change the publication side, it changes the characters agency and gives them some anxiety.
Instead of them being 198/1,000,000, they're now 198/200.
>>
>>77452473
They were not plot relevant.
>>
>>77452360
>So effectively it didn't really change a damn thing.
In terms of what characters they could use it didn't change much, but it did change the context rather radically.

First of all, it made mutants an actual minority again, and a very tiny one at that, instead of having millions of them all over the place. Before M-day, the mutant population was growing exponentially and would (eventually) have rivalled or even outnumbered regular humans. After M-day, mutants were rare and threathened with actual extinction. Still facing the same kind of persecution, they were forced to band together and make actual steps towards self-preservation instead of continuing Xavier's limp-wristed "well be nice and hope people stop hating us" approach.

Second, it prevented writers from using "lol he's a mutant" as an explanation for new characters' powers, which many higher-ups saw as bad writing. With so many mutants around it was easy to just make a new character and claim he was a mutant all along, and not have to come up with any explanation for why he had superpowers. With the number of mutants severely limited and with no new mutants being born, that became almost impossible.

I think M-day was a bad move (just like many of the big mutant-related events), but claiming it didn't make any difference is just retarded and obviously the opinion of someone who doesn't read comics.
>>
So, autism general then?
>>
I thought everyone generally agreed after a certain point that the number was actually around 300.
>>
>>77453243
I'm not sure how many there were, but yeah 198 was just the known ones, there were always a bunch of unknown ones.
>>
There were way, way more than 198 named mutants before M-day
>>
>>77452255
newsflash: decimation wasn't even necessary.
well, the only reason that decimation happened was because quesada and his hateboner for gingers and mutants
>>
>>77452473
There were more than 200 active mutants.
Marvel always sucked at math.
I mean, Typhoid Mary was Mutant Zero, which already makes it more than 198.
>>
>>77452885
explain Avengers Academy. Not a single member was given any origins. They all could have been very well mutants.
>>
>>77453401
Why would that need to be explained?
>>
>>77453401
Hazmat got her powers because of Roxxon, Reptil from the talisman.
>>
>>77453419
because someone said
> "lol he's a mutant" as an explanation for new characters' powers
Avengers Academy never got their powers explained. Does it make the book good writing or bad writing? And if you can make a book without origins after decimation, could it be that it was possible to make a book without origins before the decimation?
>>
>>77453454
And Veil, Mettle? And Taskmaster's daughter?
I don't remember the rest
>>
>>77453419
Well gee, I don't know, a teenager randomly gets some powers during puberty. But he / she's not a mutant. Doesn't it make you curious?
>>
>>77453401
>They all could have been very well mutants.
No they couldn't early on they reference being tested for the x-gene and not being mutants.
Besides origins are hinted at for some of them.
Finesse is implied to be Taskmasters daughter, Reptil gets his powers from a magic stone, Hazmat is implied to have had some interaction with Roxon.
>>
>>77453583
The question remains, what prevented books like Academy to exist WITHOUT decimation.

Was decimation really necessary?
>>
>>77453610
Nah. It's used to make X-Men fight for EXTINCTION! SRS BSNS!
And it's written by Bendis.
>>
>>77453651
So I assume that it was pure quality storytelling then?
>>
>>77452255
>tfw X-Men have been shit almost continuously for a decade now

Aside from few satellite books and Gillen's run that made it worth hanging on, it's never been worse time to be an X-fan and now we're getting ready to rehash several old storylines in what is likely to be the shittiest status quo in a long time with no real hope in sight for improvement.
>>
>>77453697
in many ways "no more mutants" was very symbolic.

It was the end for X-Men and the beginning for the Avengers. Anyone who thinks that 90s were bad, should read marvel post HoM. It's practically the epitome of everything that is wrong with superhero comics
>>
>>77453724
>Anyone who thinks that 90s were bad, should read marvel post HoM. It's practically the epitome of everything that is wrong with superhero comics

only for disgusting x-fags.

im glad you autists are getting kicked to the curb.

i'll keep enjoying all these avengers books while we get the coolest mutants (quicksilver, sunspot,cable) as well.
>>
>>77453683
It had some moments, like Gambit calling Ms. Marvel filthy sapian and Emma asking why the fuck is she married.
>>77453697
>it's never been worse time to be an X-fan and now we're getting ready to rehash several old storylines in what is likely to be the shittiest status quo in a long time with no real hope in sight for improvement.
I had such hope after AvX: Consequences.
>>
>>77453786
nah, try harder. There aren't many people happy with marvel, except marveldrones
>>
>>77453827
cont. also, I think that x-fags will have the biggest laugh, not only when the superheroes stop being popular, but also when Perlmutter will go full kike against Feige
>>
>>77453808
>I had such hope after AvX: Consequences.

Even when you knew Bendis was in charge?
>>
>>77453906
>Even when you knew Bendis was in charge?
I hoped stories were exaggerated.
Cold shower followed.
>>
>>77453851
>>77453827
>you will never be as delusional as a x-kuck

reminder that x-fags are worse and more putrid than batfags and hulkfags combined.
>>
>>77453995
try harder marvel intern, x-fags are cool.
except inhuman threads
>>
>>77454011
>x-fags are cool.
>except inhuman threads
What do you mean?
>>
>>77452255
Honestly, lets say all mutants die, what do we lose besides the X-Man?
>>
File: lol.jpg (11KB, 236x273px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
11KB, 236x273px
>>77453995
You probably missed the "Not muh parker ride"
>>
>>77454026
it's impossible to discuss inhumans without x-fags derailing the threads. I don't blame them, though.
inhumans are literally x-men lite nowadays.
>>
>mutants are now sterile
They used to be the future of humanity
>>
>>77454038
Nothing. Mutants= X-Men.
>>77454039
>Not muh parker ride
What was that?
>>
>>77454011
>try harder marvel intern, x-fags are cool.

x-fags are struck by the worst waifuism seen in any fanbase. its impossible for you to be cool.

mh kitty
muh storm
muh jubilee
muh JEAN
muh rightclops
muh emma

disgusting.
>>
>>77454071
celestials can get fucked
>>
>>77454107
So Kree experiments > Celestial experiments?
>>
>>77454072
Superior Spider-Man
>>
>>77454078
eh, none of them are x-fags. they just happen to like a particular character. you also missed the rogue-fags. Only wolverine-fags count as x-fags.

Most of Kittyfags are happy that she is in GOTG rather than X-men, and a lot of Stormfags would prefer if Storm was an Avenger.
>>
>>77453465
>>77453510
Removing X cause of lazy writing doesn't remove Y cause of lazy writing.

Removing mutants has absolutely nothing to do with the Academy kids' backstories since it was confirmed early on that they weren't mutants.

I don't see why you think the two are related.
>>
>>77454162
More like people pretending to be gods = reason for the misfortune and genocide
>>
>>77453697
The most painful thing for me is that you still regularly get stuff that makes you go "you know that could be cool if..." and then they turn it into more stupid bullshit. Even AvX, which I consider the absolute low point, had aspects that made me think it could have been great if handled by competent writers, but instead it's just disappointment after disappointment.
>>
>>77454190
All I try to say is that it was possible for books like Academy to exist when mutants were majority. There was no reason for decimation other than Quesada. The argumentation that mutants origins are lazy writing is bullshit, because again, Avengers Academy
>>
>>77454230
Hickman issues were really good. AvX by Hickman would be great, but then again, he was never allowed to do an x-book, even if he wanted to do both Nation X mini and X-Men Max
>>
>>77454252
>Nation X
>we will never know what the fuck was going on with Nation X since Bendis took a year to write a story about a character who got deleted from the timeline anyway
>>
>>77454252
>X-Men Max
It'd be amazing if it used proper X-Men, like Storm, Emma and Cyclops, instead of X-Force and killers like Wolverine and Cable.
>>
>>77454062
What is there to even discuss?

>Inhumans
>Bit crap, innit?
>I know, right? People stopped caring like, two years ago yet here they still are.
>It's like having crabs, it just doesn't seem to want go away.
>>
>>77454299
I spam Brevoort's formspring POLITELY asking about Hickman doing an interview detailing Nation X. You can join me. But be POLITE
>>
>>77454334
Case in point
>>
>>77454348
he's answered a few of my questions on tumblr before.

maybe he'll answer this one too.
>>
>>77454334
Eh, Inhumans used to be cool.
Nowadays, Marvel removed Alpha Primitives
They removed Genetic Council
They removed Inhuman Culture
They made Unspoken a shitty Magneto instead of multi-layered character (he wasn't even a villain)
And the new inhumans basically copy the X-Men. Lash is Bishop with Apocalypse personality.

It all reeks.

Instead they made them "Superior" X-Men.
Except these new iteration sucks balls.
>>
>>77454388
BE POLITE, ANON.
Throw a line that you enjoy anad books, maybe it will make him feel more compelled to reply
>>
File: avxvs6a no more nose.jpg (135KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
avxvs6a no more nose.jpg
135KB, 600x574px
>>77452255
>no more nose
>198 noses left
>all stories added up together, everyone still had noses

MARVEL IS DEAD TO ME!
>>
>>77454534
I love you anon, you should post more.
>>
>only 198 named mutants

Almost positive there are more than that in any single Guide to the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>77454709
Marvel can't into numbers, which is why they restart their series. Anything above 10 is too hard for them to swallow
>>
>>77454391
The council was disbanded in secret invasion by maximus. Energy absorption is a common as fuck power even black bolt does it. Alphas were barely used after they got freed, they only show up when the inhumans are doing wrong . Shame about the unspoken though.
>>
>>77452473
Weren't all the morlocks slaughtered?
>>
>>77454909
They got better.
>>
>>77454892
Thank you for reminding me, why I shouldn't read inhumans. what's the point of reading a shitty copy of X-Men? WHY marvel removes anything that made Inhumans interesting? Why?
>>
>>77454932
They actually became a dregs. It's a sad story, and it was told in wolverine 309 (I googled)
>>
>>77454980
cont. if someone is curious, they got stuck in their blob form, but lost their powers. Thank You Wanda!
>>
>ITT OP's autism-gene finally manifests
>>
>>77453401
Some of them were Osborn experiments
Reptil had a talisman
>>
>>77454980
For some reason, I remember that Morlocks showed up in Storm's solo. It's wrong, though. Only Callisto showed up.
>>77454998
>Blob's superpower is to be fat and without X-Gene he loses fat
>>
>>77455078
They weren't mutants, they just rejected mainstream culture. It was an interesting angle, but I don't think anyone will ever bring it up, except Claremont, but he likes good ideas.
>>
Can someone explain to a casualfag what the deal was with "No more mutants"? Did she want to kill all mutants for some reason, even though she is one?
>>
>>77454413
I just sent him an email calling him a "Marvelous Faggot".
>>
>>77455223
Yes. She was angry at Magneto, she said that mutants are worst and wiped out X-Gene throughout multiverse.
>>
>>77455223
>>77455270

turns out it was actually dr doom's fault
>>
>>77455280
I know, right? He only wanted to bang gypsy girl.
>>
>>77453465
>>77453401
>>77454190
in most cases the origin story isn't important, and so how they got them becomes just a formality. X-gene, radiation, weird chemical, cosmic rays, magic ritual, they're all just excuses to give them powers, there isn't one that is better than the other.

If the origin of their powers is important then the writer will come up with it naturally.

>>77454231
Exactly. If a writer doesn't bother coming up with an original origin for their power it's because it wasn't important.
>>
>>77452885
>Second, it prevented writers from using "lol he's a mutant" as an explanation for new characters' powers, which many higher-ups saw as bad writing. With so many mutants around it was easy to just make a new character and claim he was a mutant all along, and not have to come up with any explanation for why he had superpowers. With the number of mutants severely limited and with no new mutants being born, that became almost impossible.
Isn't the entire reason Stan came up with the mutants supposedly because he wanted to be able to do exactly that?
>>
>>77455309
then, why decimation?
literally, no one justified that so far
>>
>>77452885
>First of all, it made mutants an actual minority again, and a very tiny one at that, instead of having millions of them all over the place.
I see, like Marvel, you don't understand what minorities are.
>>
>>77455358
Cheap drama.
>woe is us, we're all gonna die out
>>
>>77455406
okay, I buy this explanation.
>>
>>77454391
But the unspoken has nothing in common with mags.
>>
>>77455395
did they ever have? Even in 80s they were embarrassed that X-Men were popular instead of Avengers.
>>
>>77455452
And he will never have, because DisMarvel.
He could have been an interesting character.
Instead he is a cliche.
It's even funnier that Slott created him
>>
>>77453419
that's the point. It doesn't need to be explained. So saying, "dunno, mutant" instead of "dunno, lol" isn't more lazy writing.
The only argument I could see for not wanting a character to be a mutant is so that he can't be stuck inthe typical mutant stories
>>
>>77453482
>And Taskmaster's daughter?
From being Taskmaster's daughter, she inhereted his powers.
>>
>>77455562
So, she is a mutie?
>>
>>77453851
>>77454011
>>77453995
You have to look at x-fags as battered housewives. They bitch about how abusive their husband (Marvel) is to them, and yet they keep buying their shit, and keep supporting them. When they get too riled up, all Marvel has to do is backhand them then say their sorry to keep them quiet for a bit. X-fags suffer from some crazy Stockholm syndrome and they're proud of it.
>>
>>77455588
jesus fucking christ, I think I've found a new fetish.
E
>>
>>77455586
No? Taskmaster didn't get his powers from being a mutant and you don't necessarily inherit your parents' powers as a mutant.
>>
>>77455588
>and yet they keep buying their shit, and keep supporting them
Characterfagging does that.
>>
>>77455611
So, she is an "artificial mutant". Dude, don't make it harder for everyone
>>
>>77455604
*Everytime X-fag cries, I fap.
>>
>>77455663
Get ready for a broken dick in the next couple weeks. The sale numbers from Uncanny 600 should give you a geyser.
>>
>>77455358
I think some marvel editors just hate the mutants and want to remove them from books that aren't the x-men.
It started with the legacy virus that killed all mutants, then they got stuck in genosha, then decimation. They were all excuses to confine mutants in a little place that they could ignore.
>>
File: Kuroshitsujiepisode75.jpg (14KB, 528x319px) Image search: [Google]
Kuroshitsujiepisode75.jpg
14KB, 528x319px
>>77455720
It's a good time to be an x-fag
>>
>>77455725
It's true. A lot of writers don't want X-Men to be big.
It has it's roots in 90s, but it's true. Even Wood was relieved that he didn't have to write X-Men anymore.
>>
>>77455611
>and you don't necessarily inherit your parents' powers as a mutant.
is this still true even? I mean, aside from Graydon Creed has this ever happened? Not only all mutant children get powers nowadays, they all inherit their parents powers.
>>
>>77455615
Look at Waifu Pryde. First they bitched about Kitty going off to space, her getting married to Meme-lord, becoming Waifu-lord. Now they actually say shit like "at least she is leading the GotG!" and "character development!"

Same shit with Magik. They'll gobble that Marvel dick up with tears in their eyes.
>>
>>77455867
>at least she is leading the GotG!
That's how Roguefags convince themselves to buy Uncanny Avengers.
And I think that Lemire's Waifu Pryde is Magik.
>>
>>77453355
>gingers and mutants
well if you hate mutants dosn't that mean you'd hate gingers by default?
>>
>>77456100
fuck

do you enjoy that anon?
>>
>>77455867
real Kitty fans always wanted her out of the X-books. She was never going to get anywhere there and was always going to be at the hadow of Wolverine/Storm/Cyclops. She's way better in GotG. The only ones bitching were the same guys who bitch about everything Bendis and who probably never read anything about Kitty except Whedon and, ironically, Bendis.
>>
>>77455588
This is sadly very true. But when you've invested couple of decades into reading the X-men and read decades worth of the back material, you're so deep in to your hobby that you've become a begrudging completist by accident.
>>
>>77453724
It's funny. Civil War, then OMD, then things like Fear Itself, event after event... like a train speeding up when it's about to crash. I hope Marvel dies
>>
>>77455867
Personally I'm just glad she's written out of the X-men and into GotG so that I don't have to read her anymore. She's become such an insufferable bitch once they brought her back from the space bullet that it's a blessing they've put her in a book that's so shit I don't need to read it.
>>
muh science accident

muh magic ________
>>
>>77456171
>Kitty spends months isolated inside a giant magic space bullet thinking she was gonna die.
>She's fine being in space again all the time because she has the "strongest willpower!"

Jesus, that anon was right.
>>
>>77456242
They won't at least they wont until 2018. After that, you can quote me on that, they will fall.
>>
>>77456171

When shit got real and Mganeto put down the x-men, he stopped because after hurting Kitty he had gone too far.
>>
>>77456303
>I didn't read the story where she got over her fears.
Yes I know /co/ doesn't read comics.
>>
>>77456343
I'll hope, anon. I'll hope
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.