[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My time time favorite comic series is Hellboy/B.P.R.D Are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 2887386-hellboy_4.jpg (248KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2887386-hellboy_4.jpg
248KB, 1680x1050px
My time time favorite comic series is Hellboy/B.P.R.D
Are there any other series with such a vast universe and world building like this? It doesn't matter the genre.
>>
you might like sandman and related titles
the goon
>>
>>77449653
Goon is somewhat similar in tone but the worldbuilding is somewhat less extensive as it's even more of a one man project than Hellboy/BPRD.

Actually the absolutely closest thing I can think of is Dorohedoro but that's /a/
>>
>>77449707
Should I start with the original or the prequel for Sandman?
>>
love and rockets
>>
>>77449707
>>77449831
Goon looks pretty neat. I'll look into it.
>>
>>77449831
man, Dorohedoro is unlike anything
>>
>>77449868
the original. If you start with overture, there's gonna be a lot of stuff about a star you won't get and the mechanics of how Dream's kind function are explained in the main run. You'll need that context.
>>
>>77450466
Okay thank you. I'll make sure to start with the original then.
>>
>>77449875
This.
Also Stray Bullets.
>>
>>77449653
>>77449653
Invincible is in the same vein as far as superhero stuff goes. Not as vast, but it's just a universe that keeps growing lie the mignolaverse
>>
>>77451498
Does it stay consistently good like the mignolaverse? It does look good and I would love to get emerged in another series that keeps building upon itself as long as it is mostly good throughout
>>
Maybe Hellblazer?
>>
File: stickler.jpg (185KB, 754x592px) Image search: [Google]
stickler.jpg
185KB, 754x592px
I recommend reading 2000AD's Judge Dredd comics if you are looking for something with a fully-realised futuristic world that has been constructed and elaborated on, by mostly one writer, since the 1970s.

You will get to see the inner workings of the sprawling Justice Department from a street level view, as well as the city and culture of MC1, told in real time.

I recommend Origins as a good starting point.
>>
>>77454558
Thanks. I'll look it up. Also thank you for giving me a starting point. Would of been confusing to find a good jumping on point.
>>
File: 1443810079350.png (11KB, 620x510px) Image search: [Google]
1443810079350.png
11KB, 620x510px
>>77453924
This

You cant go wrong with this.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.