[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Avatar the last airbender, loved it moving on to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 23

File: Korra_The_Legend_of_Korra.jpg (81KB, 492x369px) Image search: [Google]
Korra_The_Legend_of_Korra.jpg
81KB, 492x369px
Just finished Avatar the last airbender, loved it moving on to korra despite all the shit it gets, hopefully I'll at least enjoy it.

Though I got a question though? Do we find out what happened to Zukos mom? Or what happens Azula?
>>
>>77444203
Don't watch Korra.
>>
>>77444203
That stuff is in the comics, they are barely mentioned in Korra and the show itself is a complete fuckfest. Seasons 1 and 3 are really the only ones worth watching
>>
>>77444334
>>77444229
Jeez is it that bad? I just watched the first episode and it was fine.
>>
>>77444368
Season 1 gets bogged down with love triangle bullshit but its alright, season 2 is the low point of the series
>>
>>77444203
They hang a lampshade on the fact that it's never resolved.

And it should stay that way. The comic series wrecked almost everything that was interesting about the Fire Nation Royal Family
>>
>>77444203
Read the graphic novels to answer those questions.

The only episodes that are worth watching in Korra, are the episodes about Avatar Wan, as well as Season 3.
>>
>>77444203
>Zukos mom
read The Search comic.
>>
>>77444203
Korra's fine. If you hate a book then skip it, but don't be put off by other people's opinions. It's good enough that you should at least give it a shot.
>>
>>77444203

Korra is great. I will never understand why this board hates it. The love triangle drags down a couple of episodes in season 1 and season 2 has a weak first half, but the rest is Avatar level quality. Enjoy!
>>
>>77444368
The big problem with Korra is the resolutions.
>>
>>77444368
>>77444203
Season 1 is on the high end of mediocre
Season 2 is shit
Season 3 is as good as ATLA at it's best
Season 4 is on the low end of good
>>
>>77445260
People hate it because it's got massive writing problems.

The characters barely develop, and Korra repeatedly wins though luck or magic asspulls instead of actually overcoming challenges herself. She's never forced to deal with the consequences of her character flaws, and the writers can't even manage a consistent theme for an entire season, let alone the entire series.
>>
>>77444368
I hope you like 4 seasons of a protagonist bitching and moaning.
>>
File: 1409715751973.jpg (35KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1409715751973.jpg
35KB, 500x276px
>>77445293
That's pretty accurate in my book.
>>
I didn't like the first 1.2 seasons on TLAB, so I gotta say on the whole I like Korra more simply for providing more entertainment. Also SHIT Korra animated THE FUCK out of those fights. I could never call it a bad show for that alone
>>
>>77445310
Doesn't Aang also avoid dealing with the consequences of his character flaws because he gets hit in the back with a rock?
>>
>>77445260
>but the rest is Avatar level quality
If you mean Sozin's Comet or Painted Lady quality, then yes.
>>
>>77445351

I mean both. Korra varies in quality just like Avatar.
>>
>>77444368
/co/ exaggerates alot when it comes to Korra. Season 1 isn't that bad if you don't mind love triangles. The ending might get you though. And the first half of season 2 is pretty weak but it makes up in the second.

Overall it's a good show.
>>
>>77444368
Book 1 starts very promising but gets worse as it goes on, and absolutely shits the bed in the finale.

Book 2 is terrible throughout with the exception of Varrick's scenes, which are gold. People will tell you Wan's episodes are good, but do not believe these people.

Book 3 is fine. Close to ATLA quality.

Book 4 is somewhere in-between. It's not nearly as bad as the first two, but it's still got a lot of problems - Especially in terms of telling rather than showing.
>>
>>77445364
Are you implying I was implying that Sozin's Comet was good?

Korra varies in quality from decent to awful.
>>
>>77445338
No. He spent the first 2 seasons on the run, losing and almost dying. Korra cries and someone else saves the day for her.
>>
>>77445381
>People will tell you Wan's episodes are good, but do not believe these people.

Not liking the best episodes in the entire franchise.
>>
File: JonBomb.gif (293KB, 453x337px) Image search: [Google]
JonBomb.gif
293KB, 453x337px
>>77445415
>There are people who actually think this

Beginnings was terrible. It tries to do a Yin/Yang/Balance/Harmony theme and a Good/Evil dichotomy at the same time, and it's immediately obvious to anyone why those ideas are not remotely compatible.

On top of that, the story is about a guy causing trouble because he believed a spirit telling him "That spirit is evil! Help me stop it!", then solving the problem by believing another spirit saying the exact same thing.
>>
>>77445338
Yes, hence the Sozin's Comet comparison.

Thing is, ATLA had plenty of character development for everyone else, Zuko especially, to make up for it. TLOK doesn't have anything to fall back on.
>>
Hey OP here, just out of curiosity, what episodes of the original Avatar are considered to be subpar/ not as good as others. And how do people rank the seasons. Just wondering to further gauge my thoughts.
>>
>>77445519
Book 2 is top tier throughout, solid as fuck, modern masterpiece.
Book 3 has some of the best episodes in the series, but is brought down by bad pacing and a lot of needless filler
Book 1 is probably the "worst," but that's just because it has to pull a lot of exposition and tries to find it's footing. It sets the whole stage perfectly for the rest of the series.
So, Book 2 > 3 > 1

As far as "worst of the Worst" episodes, "Great Divide" gets a lot of shit, but fucking "Painted Lady" and "Nightmares and Daydreams" are just as bad if not worse.
>>
I thought the thing with the giant moving island easy pretty weird.

Suddenly Lion turtle helps aang beat the fire lord without killing him
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162KB, 1285x976px) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162KB, 1285x976px
>>77445218
>It's good
it's objectively bad.
>>
>>77445646
Not OP but why do people dislike The Painted Lady episode?
>>
Oh look another weekly "Hey guys I'm just about to watch Korra" thread
>>
>>77445338
technically, he wasn't unable to access the avatar state because of a 'character flaw'. He was unable to do that because he was hit in the same place before that.
>>
>>77445260
>season 2 has a weak first half,
*turns giant for no reason*

S03 and S04 have a lot of flaws as well.
>>
>>77445743
Filler.
It was supposedly made to fill a quota ("An episode about the Environment for Earf Day!") and it shows. Does nothing to advance the overarching plot.

That was what was so unbearable about the first half of season 3, is that we've got the epic Day of Black Sun looming overhead, and some of these episodes are just wasting time 'till we get there. They couldn't all be "The Avatar and the Firelord"
>>
>>77445743
>>77445855
i believe a lot of people point out there was a moral choice they got wrong. I don't remember exactly what.
>>
There's one thing no one can deny: Avatar had more filler than Korra.
>>
>>77445884
that's a good thing.
>>
>>77445730
>using some random assholes post as the objective reference on why somethings bad
Holy shit man, grow a mind of your own.
>>
>>77445730
I agree, but that list isn't the best list of criticisms, since it focuses on some of the more nitpicky ones.

The biggest problems are really condensed into:
>>77445310
>>
>>77445802
In the end that wasn't a real consequence, because he got it back for free when he needed it.
>>
>>77445989
do you have some kind of rebuttal to those arguments?

>>77446017
>it focuses on some of the more nitpicky ones
i think many of those are important, i mean, objective point in the plot where things goes to shit. I think the difference from the post that you pointed out is just how they go inside the matter. Simply saying "the characters barely develop" doesn't really 'prove' anything; but pointing out that Korra did X mistake again shows that much better.
>>
>>77446042
>for free
he got hit on the same spot that locked it in the first place
>>
>>77444368
Season 1 is okay.
Season 2 is shit except for like the first two episodes, the Wan two-parter, and a couple episodes at the end.
Season 3 and 4 are ATLA-tier
>>
>>77446140
4 is awful.
It squandered what little potential Season 3 had managed to build up.
IT would have been worthless if we didn't have Varrick or Wu to carry the scrap heap on their shoulders.
>>
File: korra s04e13.png (573KB, 596x720px) Image search: [Google]
korra s04e13.png
573KB, 596x720px
Since you just watched TLA and aren't viewing it through nostalgia googles, you'll probably like LOK. It has a different feel to TLA, but imo it's a worthy successor.

First half of season 2 is its lowest point, but the rest is decent to great. Enjoy, OP.
>>
>>77445884
The characters were entertaining though. I liked Sokka , Toph and Aang and Katara was alright.

The only likable character in Korra was maybe Bolin. Even Tenzin was a fucking unikable dickhead, and I really wanted to like him. Of course this doesn't count Varrick, which moves me onto my next flaw. When Varrick wasn't onscreen, all the other characters weren't asking "Where's Varrick".
>>
>>77446478
I watched TLA recently and loved it, finished the entire thing in 2 days.

That was during the Summer, I watched the first season of Korra, then the second a few weeks later over a couple of weeks, the third a few weeks later, and still haven't gotten around to watching the 4th and I'm not sure I will.
>>
>>77446106
Yes, that's getting it for free. He didn't get it back through character growth, but sheer luck.
>>
>>77445496
This

The wan episodes are nothing short of shit, the only reason people like them is because the art-style was a refreshing change from Korra's tired designs which were getting darker and less appealing with each episode.

They literally retconned Bending with these episodes with more magic turtles.
>>
File: 1440873936242.png (95KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1440873936242.png
95KB, 623x469px
>>77445496
>Raava and Vaatu cannot exist without each other/ balance each other
>Both want to be the only dominant spirit
>Instead of being neutral, Wan sides with Raava and imprisons Vaatu
I never noticed that when I first watch it. How could there be a balance if one side was imprisoned while the other is free to roam around?
>>
>>77446529
Bolin and Varrick played off each other so well.
>>
>>77446620
for the yin-yang to work, Korra would have had to absorb Vaatu at the end of their fight and fix Wan's mistake. Then there would have been more thematic resonance with her leaving the portal open.
>>
>>77447324
> Their designated comedy-relief character was only funny as the straight-man to the actually funny character.
It's Lucas-level pottery.
>>
File: 1427902060187.png (3KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1427902060187.png
3KB, 142x138px
> Season 3 is almost as good as ATLA

as much as people say this,
at that point S2 had killed all my interest/hope in the series.

You just end up having a bittersweet feeling on how LOK might actually been good/great if it wasn't for Bryke's shitty tumblr pandering writing.
>>
>>77445989
It's his own post. He's been reposting that same screencap with the same filename everytime a Korra thread comes up.
>>
>>77444203
>what happened to Zukos mom? Or what happens Azula?
Season 1 has a great start with a premise we will eventually know what happened between the two serieses thanks to flashbacks. But for no reason it suddenly stops. There will be some stories about Toph and her daughters but nothing else.
I think this is the biggest letdown, I was really interested in the grown up avatar characters.
>>
>>77446478
I watched AtLA when LoK B2 was airing, then watched LoK

I still think LoK is shit, it has nothing to do with nostalgia.
>>
File: 1430426459589.jpg (64KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1430426459589.jpg
64KB, 500x744px
>>77444203
>Though I got a question though? Do we find out what happened to Zukos mom? Or what happens Azula?
It's in the comics. But you don't want to know.
Because it's really, really CRAP.

Just post Korra lewds.
>>
>>77449309
The Search really wasn't at all that bad, people just overreact because Ursa wasn't a saint like Zuko thought she was.
>>
File: 1429989005424.jpg (409KB, 540x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429989005424.jpg
409KB, 540x1000px
>>77449384
It was contrived and had stupid fake-out bullshit like that letter.

Even if you think that the story is improved by making Ursa almost as horrible as her hubby, it was a waste of time and detracts from the series proper.
>>
>>77444368
Korra is retroactively shit. The first couple episodes were incredible the first time around and seem like it's gonna be an awesome show, it just all goes downhill from there.
>>
>>77448326
And it's weird because TLA didn't mind using the Avatar legacy so liberally. Roku casts a long shadow over that whole series.
>>
Korra feels like if a different team tried to rip off Avatar with a nonunderstanding of what made Avatar so great to begin with.
>>
>>77444203
Please don't continue.
>>
File: 1432932859083.jpg (82KB, 535x544px) Image search: [Google]
1432932859083.jpg
82KB, 535x544px
>Sandra will never star in Legend of Korra: The XXX Parody
;_;
>>
>>77446140
Everytime someone says season 4 was good i can't help but wonder if we watched the same show.
Every problem Korra has in that season is solved by 3 lines of dialogue. If you hated Aangs resolution to his moral dillemma this should be even worse.

Tbh i would rank them 3>1>4>2 in terms of how well they were made. Mostly because at times the characters don't even feel like themselves at some points during book 2 and 4. Book 2s plot was also completely retarded, and Book 4s plot was ruined about halfway through by turning Kuvira evil with no redeeming qualities. Then it turns full retard at the end by trying to make her sympathetic again because abandonment issues.
>>
>>77447365
Which would have been better in many ways
>>
>>77449711
Then I don't see how you can prefer S1 then.
Because the same thing basically happened with Amon.
Only this time around Korra actually gave a shit about being a hero, which puts S4 in front of S1.
>>
>>77449827
I don't like the ending of season 1, but by all accounts even that was handled better than Kuvira was. And you're wrong about Korra, because she was out to stop Amon with no intent of killing him, even showing sympathy for him and his brother.

So actually season 4 is still worse than 1, because if the villains were equally poorly executed, atleast Korras problems weren't solved by 3 lines of dialogue in season 1.
>>
>>77449851
>>And you're wrong about Korra, because she was out to stop Amon with no intent of killing him, even showing sympathy for him and his brother.
>"That's the saddest thing I ever heard."
Nope.
You're not holding that up as something positive.
Not happening, shut up.

Plus she's basically forgotten all about them afterwards. With Kuvira there's a conscious effort to talk her down every time they meet.
The people that hate this, must also hate Superman, because he does the same damn thing.
>>
>>77446582
>He didn't get it back through character growth
dude, how are you going to change something physical through character growth?
>>
>>77449879
All you get from Korra about Amon is "Grr, I want to beat him up." Even once she knows his story.

S3 and 4 are the only times she makes a genuine mature effort at talking things through.
S1 Korra never even comes off as heroic. Just vindictive and childish.
>>
>>77446478
>it's a worthy successor.
you're just ignoring the flaws.
>>
>>77447365
technically that did happen. But the portals open was just completely retarded.
>>
>>77449827
>the same thing
getting a power out of nowhere is an understandable bullshit. 3 lines of dialogue is just completely stupid. It completely break the characters.
>>
>>77449879
Just saying that Korra was always sympathetic towards the villains, and trying not to kill them (exception being Zaheer). Not that it is neccesarily the right thing.

It's true that Korra tries to talk down Kuvira, but it only makes sense the first time. The second time in the spirit world, there is no talk down needed because Kuvira has already given up and has been beaten. And it is the one time where talking it out is the wrong choice. Korra had nothing to bargain with in those situations and she doesn't know why she wants Kuvira to stop the first time around.
>>
>>77449923
Just like what people do to ATLA.
>>
>>77449879
first time:
- Kuvira, you have to stop!
- why?

second time:
- Kuvira, you have to stop!
- why?
- ....i know! you have daddy issues!

might as well just punch her
>>
>>77449968
people talk all the time about ATLA's flaws. It just happens that it's flaws are minor compared to LoK. There are holes in the plot, the "why the fuck they did it" kind of hole.
>>
>>77449994
>atla
>not having major flaws
Pick one.
>>
>>77449911
>S3 and 4 are the only times she makes a genuine mature effort at talking things through.
>genuine mature
- daddy issues!
>>
>>77450001
Thats not what he said. He said compared to LoK even the major flaws of ATLA look like minor.
>>
>>77449911
She tries to talk it out when the situation is allready escalated beyond diplomacy. And one of the times her attempt comes down to not agreeing with Kuvira, even if she doesn't know why.
Then there's the part in the swamp where Toph tells her not all the villains where evil, and somehow that's enough to solve Korras problem.
Then when she talks with Zaheer all he tells her is "don't be afraid" and problem solved, Korra is now cured of PTSD. And learned compassion, even though she had that from season 1.

Atleast in season 1 Korra tries to stop the villains and the abuse of non-benders (even if her efforts are poorly thought out.
>>
>>77450001
>>77450009
what pass as a flaw in ATLA these days is "Aang shouldn't have done that" or "the plot shouldn't have gone that way", or even "too much fillers"

a flaw in LoK is "what the fuck? why would he even attack the southern water tribe?" or "wait.. what exactly daddy issues has to do with wanting equalism?" it's just another level.
>>
>>77444203
In the sequel comics you do
>>
>>77450001
Literally one major flaws are the ending (understandable as a kids show) and the ending of season 2 with Zuko with little reason making the most retarded of decisions. Other than that it did fine with only minor flaws.
>>
>>77450069
two* fuck I need sleep
>>
>>77450069
>making the most retarded of decisions
siding with the winning side is hardly a retarded decision.
>>
>>77450085
He instantly regrets it for obvious reasons and it does nothing but make him miserable.
>>
>>77450097
>He instantly regrets it
not really. He was okay with it for a long time

>it does nothing but make him miserable
He was surely happy to see Mai again.
>>
>>77450053
>>77450053
>and the abuse of non-benders
She got butthurt about her friends being arrested and that's about it.

Stop making shit up.
Korra's complete absence of interest in the central conflict of S1 is one of the GIGANTIC GLARING flaws of the show.
>>
>le Book 3 of LOK is good meme

No it's not. The Red Lotus is good and they get unceremoniously killed off and mocked by Bolin. But the rest of the Book is terrible. Korra continues to act retarded and do the dirty work for someone evil, Tenzins air bender subplot is bogged down by a bizarre romance between Jinora and a kid we never see again, and finally Mako and Bolin reuniting with their long lost family is given all the weight of a wet paper bag. Oh and don't even get me started on the introduction to Suyin aka Ayn Rand aka DINDU NUFFIN
>>
Kuvira didn't even have the depth of Satsuki from KLK and KLK was one big spoof
>>
>>77450211
She tried to stop them from arresting all the others aswell.
Korra did show interest in stopping Amon in season 1. She wasn't good at thinking about the political side of it which is indeed a great flaw. But pretending that she didn't try to stop Amon multiple times is blatantly wrong (even if she chose the wrong actions).

Compare that to season 4 where Korra tries her best to avoid dealing with Kuvira or getting over her PTSD, until she either stumbles on the cure (Toph) or has no other options (Zaheer). Both if which took about 3mins combined to solve her problems for her.
>>
Zuko and Azula teaming up to find his mom was the focus of The Search, one of the comic series.

The comics weren't very good, though. They went ahead and fucked up pretty much every relationship the show ended with and were just overall very disappointing.
>>
>>77450268
>But pretending that she didn't try to stop Amon multiple times is blatantly wrong (even if she chose the wrong actions).
That's not the point.
The point is that she never questioned his reasons, even when she was presented with injustice against non-benders.
>>
>>77450268
Stopping Amon =/= addressing the issues that the equalist raised.
>>
File: 1405024435975.gif (8KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1405024435975.gif
8KB, 600x600px
>>77444203
Why the fuck does everyone care about Azula so much? She was an incredibly generic villain with no redeemable qualities. Is it literally just because she's a loli?
>>
>>77450294
>>77450315
I agree that it is a flaw. It's just not as big as the flaws of Book 4.

She might not have questioned wether or not non-benders did have problems, but she did care about the whole situation. And she obviously cared about Amons methods aswell which she also took steps to prevent.
I would obviously also have prefered a good ending to season 1. But i still believe that book 1 was a better season than book 4. The only postive thing i can say about book 4s ending was that Korra didn't rely on luck in taking Kuvira on in their 1v1, but that doesn't make up for all the other bad shit, that imo was worse than book 1.
>>
>>77450325
She was fun, she had a good VA, and she actively challenged the heroes. She also won quite a few number of times.
>>
>>77450349
>but she did care about the whole situation
Did she? It seems like she only began to care when Amon started taking bending away which affects her. You never see her trying to support non-benders who feel oppressed, in her mind if she stops Amon than everything else will go away which it did.
>>
File: 1444581055630.jpg (113KB, 628x688px) Image search: [Google]
1444581055630.jpg
113KB, 628x688px
>>77450325
she wasn't exactly a loli, but there is a loli version.
>>
>>77450214
>mocked by Bolin
I know its rare in Korra, but fun character interaction isn't mocking.
>>
File: 1432767837784.jpg (218KB, 508x794px) Image search: [Google]
1432767837784.jpg
218KB, 508x794px
>>77450349
IMO is the right word.

Because there really is nothing to this discussion but personal opinions. There is no objectively better book. Just our preferences.

In my opinion, Kuvira wasn't as cartoonish as Amon and they gave her enough humanity to make her sudden redemption feel understandable. Rushed, but understandable.
(Although I'm glad we didn't go into detail about her horrible childhood. That shit was so played out.)

I feel that S4 Korra is someone worth rooting for and S1 Korra is not. Though it seems weird that they rushed through all the character development in one measly season, I really appreciated that she wasn't such an egomanical dumbfuck by the end.

The finale of S4 was bullshit, but lets not pretend that the TDKR rip off that happened in S1 really made a lot more sense.
Amon managed to hide a gigantic military force within the city, complete with mechs and gigantic blimps, that just suddenly mobilized and took over in a matter of minutes.
Then what was his plan?
My biggest beef here is that he didn't even seem to have any further plans. He just wanted to build a treehouse with a sign in front of it that reads "No benders allowed".
Never mind the fact that the place would run out of food pretty quick and the four nations didn't seem like they'd be up for sending care packages.
Kuvira at least didn't pull her army out of her ass and building the Jet Alone actually cost resources, research and planning. Plus with her military might and the super weapon she could actually pressure the other nations into accepting the Earth Empire as legit.

I also feel like the much lauded murder-suicide of Amon and Tarrlok was nothing more than a convenient way of tying up loose ends.
>>
>>77450394
I agree with "in her mind if she stops Amon than everything else will go away which it did." But the only flaw with that is that it actually worked, not with her approach. To make book 1 better i would have her defeat Amon earlier and then everything becomes even worse because she just proved his point.

I have always agreed that Book 1 has problems. But i believe that Book 4 had bigger problems and more of them.
>>
>>77450445
Bolin is a giant turd of a character. Zaheer had just seen all his friends die and had the love of his life's head explode gruesomely.

AW PUT A SOCK IN IT *cue audience laughter* is not the appropriate thing to say to a villain who had just been existentially destroyed
>>
File: gif.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
1MB, 500x281px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>77450459
>which it did
actually, it took months before everything was settled, and in the end the equalists won
>>
File: 1447006176408.png (888KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447006176408.png
888KB, 1280x720px
>>77450508
it's a trap.
>>
>>77450453
>I feel that S4 Korra is someone worth rooting for and S1 Korra is not.
I think she is worth rooting for in all books (except book 2s first half). But i can't agree with you on her being egomanical in the other books. She shows clear compassion towards her opponents situations in all the books. In Book 4 she just states it as a justification for what she went through which is bullshit.

But you seem very focused on the endings, and i can agree that both endings were awful.
But the rest of Book 1 wasn't too bad outside the love triangle. Whereas Book 4 was pretty bad overall. It went down after epsiode 2 and never seemed to recover. Everything related to the PTSD problem was pointless as she was cured of it in record time. The rest of the season was her avoiding her responsibilities as much as possible with no consequence either.
Atleast in Book 1 Korra was punished for going after Amon too early when he spooked her, or when she fought Tarrlok unprepared for his Bloodbending. The closest we get to anything like this in Book 4 is when she fights Kuvira, but as we see Kuvira doesn't stand a chance when Korra goes all out so the fact that Korra loses makes no sense and only serves to make her look bad. It has the added side effekt of making Kuvira look like a joke aswell because there's no way she can handle the Avatar State.

My Problem with Kuviras army is that she might aswell not have one. Amon used his army alot in book 1 to ambush important people, try to capture Korra etc. Kuviras Army does nothing. Even when she invades RC they don't serve any purpose. I think it's worse to have an asset and not use it, than it is to have an unlikely asset but use it.

Then there's also the point that in Book 1 there is the whole bender vs non-bender thing going on. And while Korra herself might not do a whole lot about it, it's still a present thing and it is relevant to the overall plot (even if its resolution is shit).
>>
>>77448161
There's no point in worrying about what could have been or should have been.

Tron Uprising should have gotten another season
Green Lantern should have continued through the Sinestro Corps and Blackest Night arcs
Simpsons should have ended after Season 9.

Torturing yourself over what could have been doesn't help you or anyone else. Just make the most of things and enjoy the ride.

Don't be mad that the rest of the series wasn't as good as season three, be glad that season three happened.
>>
>>77450566
The problem still went away and was never talked about again. Beating up Amon served the intended purpose which was stupid.
>>
>>77450053
>Then when she talks with Zaheer all he tells her is "don't be afraid" and problem solved, Korra is now cured of PTSD.
I thought the whole point of the episode was that she wasn't truly over her fear of Zaheer, and that even seeing him in chains didn't alleviate her fear, but rather that she had to move on with her life and move beyond her experience rather than let it define her.
>>
>>77450596
the thing is, beating Amon didn't do shit. I know they didn't exactly show it; but they did tell that the equalists manage to make Raiko the president and take down the council. Somehow, they won.
>>
>>77450618
It was, but then they talk for 10secs and shes over it shown by her connecting with Raava again and no longer suffering from PTSD.

So her problem was solved over two sequences, the one with Toph and the one with Zaheer.

The one with Toph is where she talks about the good in the villains. And then Korra removes the poison from herself. This did nothing apparently.
Then when she goes to see Zaheer she is still trouble by her fear of him. He tells her to not be afraid and the problem is solved, Korra is now healed.

>>77450658
They never said the equalists had anything to with Raiko becoming president. It's reasonable to assume that the equalists brought about something. But beating Amons dissovled the equalist organisation which was the goal so it did work as intended.
>>
>>77450691
>They never said the equalists had anything to with Raiko becoming president
actually, they do. In two episodes, actually, the first episode of S02, and the rememberances episode in S04.
>>
>>77450708
Pretty sure they don't. They just say that the council was disbanded and they had an election. Not that the equalists brought about the election. They keep the mindset that Korra is a hero for defeating Amon all the way up to book 4 where Toph says Amon wasn't all wrong. So i don't see how the show says the equalists won.
>>
>>77450740
you mean that shit changed because the council is That good and gave the power to Raiko?

no fucking way. People didn't like the council. That's why they have a president now. That's something the equalists wanted.
>>
>>77450802
The equalists wanted benders and bending gone. They wanted equality for benders and non-benders. And they wanted Amon to lead them.

They only got people more equal than before. The council was probably disbanded by Tenzin or couldn't continue due to lack of support from the people, but not because of the equalists.

Nobody seemed to like them all that much because they made life harder for non-benders who weren't equalists and they obviously made life harder for benders. So i highly doubt that a terrorist minority had a huge impact on the government of RC.
>>
>>77446091
Man, everybody can rrcognize you on these Avatar threads, you are nkt always wrong, but you are one of the most stupid autista in this site, obssessed with your own vision of objective truth in childrens cartoons.
>>
>>77450880
>The equalists wanted benders and bending gone
that's part of what they want, and that's more something Amon wanted

>They only got people more equal than before
>They
that's my point

>The council was probably disbanded by Tenzin or couldn't continue due to lack of support from the people, but not because of the equalists
are you ignoring the big non-bender rebellion? because that's a very good way to show "lack of support".

>they made life harder for non-benders who weren't equalists
that's not true at all

>i highly doubt that a terrorist minority had a huge impact on the government of RC.
they're not shown as a minority. Also, what you're implying is that things changed, but that has nothing to do with people rebelling for that change.
>>
>>77450969
what is the problem with pointing out people are wrong when they are wrong?
>>
>>77451001
>that's part of what they want
It seemed like one of their primary goals as a group. They even held that event where they took away peoples bending.

>that's my point
You miss understood me. Of their goals the only one that got achieved was more equality. I didn't mean that the equalists had a hand in getting people more equal.

>are you ignoring the big non-bender rebellion
That was the military sub-group of non-benders. I'm sure most of the those protesters Tarrlok was about to arrest had nothing to do with equalists, and would probably have prefered to not a war going down in their city.

>that's not true at all
It made people suspect all non-benders to be equalists. Tarrlok was about to mass arrest innocent non-benders because of the equalists. So yeah they did make life harder for other non-benders aswell.

> Also, what you're implying is that things changed, but that has nothing to do with people rebelling for that change.
Im only implying that they didn't listen to those who they labelled as terrorists. Instead they listened to their citizens who had lost trust in the council because of the actual problems that existed.

>>77451027
Usually that your critizism is also wrong
>>
>>77444203
You just need to know that it had a maybe lesbian ending.
>>
>>77451141
>It seemed like one of their primary goals as a group
they mostly talk about bender opression, let's not ignore that. We know they heavily opposed the council.

> I'm sure most of the those protesters Tarrlok was about to arrest had nothing to do with equalists
you don't know that. What we know is that a lot of people were equalists, or at least defended part of what they wanted. Saying the movement was useless to put Raiko in power is nonsense. Nothing would change if people did not rebel.

>It made people suspect all non-benders to be equalists
you mean 'benders started to treat non-benders badly' and that's somehow non-benders fault. If you start fucking with your own people, that's your fault.

>Im only implying that they didn't listen to those who they labelled as terrorists
they were the only ones rebelling. No one else was doing shit. You're either assuming there was some other protest we never heard about, or that the council was just very kind and allowed non-benders to get to power. Both are bullshit.
>>
>>77451141
>Usually that your critizism is also wrong
For example?

Because if i'm wrong, i really want to know. I'm here to discuss.
>>
>>77451239
Not him, but you always say the same shit, and until people get tired to talk with you. Clear sign of autism.
>>
>>77451219
>they mostly talk about bender opression
Yes, and their solution was to remove bending. So removing bending is definately a primary goal.

>Nothing would change if people did not rebel.
A lot of things change without rebellions. And while it is true that there were alot of equalists they were always presented as a minority even among non-benders. So most likely the equalists had very little to do with the council being disbanded. It's more likely that moderates like Raiko were a much bigger influence.

>you mean 'benders started to treat non-benders badly' and that's somehow non-benders fault.
Well that is how it works here. The equalists are saying the represent non-benders and attack normal benders. Obviously the benders are going to suspect and be angry at non-benders. I'm not saying it is justified just that by saying they are non-benders and attacking benders they are in part repsonsible for Tarrloks treatment of non-benders in general. This just further aids the equalists because they can spin it as proof of their concerns.

> You're either assuming there was some other protest we never heard about
There was atleast one huge protest by non-benders that we know of. And we also know that usually leaders don't listen to terrorists for ideas of change. Lets also remember that Tenzin seems to realise these problems and that Tarrlok died. It's not unlikely that Tenzin convinced the other council members to step down and let an election chose RC leader.
>>
>>77451239
It's usually that you base all your arguments on certain assumptions. And when anyone points out that those assumptions are wrong or doesn't prove your point you ignore them and pretend that your assumptions are more valid anyway.
>>
>>77451383
Now i'm doubting if i am even that person. Had some discussions with some people that lack argument, but normally they just can't argue after a while. Mostly, it would be arguing against facts, anyway.
>>
>>77451464
One example, just to check.
>>
>>77451489
I'm assuming you're the guy who keeps talking about the portals and harmonic convergance.

If not i apolegize
>>
>>77451506
People argue about that a lot. It was stupid, but most people agree.
>>
>>77451535
Aren't you the guy who claimed that the portals brought back airbending because they're the only difference between Korras time and Wans time?
>>
>>77451556
Oh, that. I thought you were talking about spirits and shit. Anyway, it is the most reasonable explanation and it's stated in the show, so i doubt the writers would put it there for no reason. It's not baseless at all.
>>
>>77451643
Not going to start it again, but it is an example of you being wrong and not accepting that.
>>
>>77451672
c'mon, the better argument anyone came up is "perhaps something we don't know happened" and "what was stated in the show doesn't matter at all"

If an airplane hits a tower, it's probably what caused it to fall. It could be an explosive, even if no one found evidence of that. But are you just going to ignore the airplane?
>>
>>77451730
It's not about coming up with something better. The show directly states through showing that it wasn't the portals.

If i have to tell you when, it is during the wan episodes when the portals are open and no one gets airbending because of it. Thus we can establish that there is no link between the portals and bending.
>>
>>77450325
Because her story just ends with her chained up and screaming, nobody ever comes out and says "Aang went and removed her bending too, because she's an insane threat that clearly can't be reasoned with." A deposed Ozai with his bending taken away is no longer much of a threat, but Azula could still conceivably have been a problem assuming she didn't spend the rest of her life with her hands bound to a wall.
>>
>>77451784
>directly states through showing
wat?

>when the portals are open
they were closed in harmonic convergence. Not only that, bending only appeared about 2 weeks after HC, meaning there is some time needed for that to happen. You want to call bullshit on that, but why would the writers even make the characters say it was harmonic convergence in the first place if they don't mean it?
>>
>>77451802
>she's an insane threat that clearly can't be reasoned with
stop bullying her.
>>
>>77452417
The portals were open throughout Wans time until he closed them, there were no one who got bending from it at all. If anyone had bending it was because of the lion turtles.

And if any character said it was because if the portals (which im pretty sure they didn't), those characters would also be wrong. And we know this because we have information that they don't.

There is no point trying to argue about this because you're going to ignore it all anyway..
>>
File: tumblr_nn2ko0KjOH1u3jkfwo1_1280.png (583KB, 700x778px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2ko0KjOH1u3jkfwo1_1280.png
583KB, 700x778px
>>
>>77452572
>throughout Wans time
yeah, Before harmonic convergence, not during or after on the 2 week lifespam after it.

>those characters would also be wrong
airbenders being Korra's fault was even discussed in the show. Why even raise this discussion in the show if she has 'nothing to do with it'? it's not something the writers would do for no reason. It's like on the airplane situation i talked about; "oh, the plane probably has nothing to do with it".
>>
>>77445293
Are you me?
>>
>>77449384
>The Search really wasn't at all that bad, people just overreact because Ursa wasn't a saint like Zuko thought she was.
There's a huge difference between not being perfect woman and just being a vindictive bitch. No mother in her right mind would use a child as a pawn in her feud against her husband no one in their right mind would imply that their child is a bastard just to piss of someone as powerful and evil as Ozai.
>>
File: 1445403271404.png (326KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
1445403271404.png
326KB, 500x687px
>>77445293
>>77454417
Agreed.

S4 was decent but about 4 episodes too short.
S3 was almost flawless.
S2 was a horrid fever dream.
S1 started great but became one of the biggest disappointments of my young adulthood. (And I went on a lot of blind dates.)
>>
>>77449827
Season 1 didn't fall until Amon's backstory was revealed. He always had an air of mystery about him, and that helped make the slog seem worthwhile, because it felt like you were building up to something grand. And as disappointing as the reveal was, we at least felt like he'd leave behind some consequences (until Aang showed up)

By exactly halfway through season 4, we knew we weren't building up to anything nearly as grand.
>>
>>77454492
>S3 was almost flawless.
why so many people like it? it does have a really bad start, and villain motivation is 'chaos'. Seriously, why people like it?
>>
>>77444203

Dont fuck listen to people here..you may end up hating it liking it. I have a love-hate relationship with the series my self but I still recommend giving it a watch for the animation alone.

as for zukos mom, it isnt touched on in korra, it is "resolved" in the comic series that follows TLAB though and are worth looking into if you liked the series (though I'll say the last 3 with toph where kinda slow and boring :p )
>>
>>77450469
Zaheer got a cheap-ass power-up after getting whooped by Tenzin and had the audacity to claim that "Only one other Airbender in History has achieved this level of mastery - fuck you Tenzin!"

I like Zaheer a lot, but that power-up is fucking cheap, and he deserved that talking down to. Just not from a turd like Bolin.
>>
>>77454777
only the power up? Zaheer knowing all about airbending is bullshit.
>>
>>77454819
First, it's clear that he's not a novice, unlike most of the other new airbenders - he's obsessed with the culture and could move through those exercise paddles like a champ, establishing a firm base for his skill to be built off of.
It's a stretch, but in the end, it's acceptable PRECISELY because Tenzin kicked his ass.
He'd beaten the usual mooks and gotten a lucky shot against Kya but this showed that, though he had a lot of tricks up his sleeve, a few weeks of airbending does not a Master make.
The bullshit is that they took that much-needed grounding and threw it away for a contrived super-power - it's not even like he's divorced himself from all worldly cares, he still takes obvious relish in killing off Korra, why couldn't other airbenders unlock this power is it's so easily kept?
>>
>>77455048
To be fair the love of his life had just died.
>>
>>77445322
anon am I to believe you sat through 4 seasons of a show you claim to not like just so you could go post on /co/ "there see! I don't like it"
>>
Azula taking over this thread in the name of the firelord.
>>
>>77455446
This thread will make a great gift for the fatherlord ozai.
>>
>>77455375
No! I'm still going to take exception to this!

So what his girlfriend died? Are you telling me other airbenders haven't lost loved ones throughout the ages?

He still had his mission to kill the Avatar - he seemed pretty passionate about carrying that out, especially for someone who had lost his "earthy tether." I mean, I'm sure airbenders lost wives and colleagues to diseases and such throughout the ages, and yet in a lifestyle that exposes meditation and detachment only some Guru and this fucking Anarchist poser were able to unlock the secret of flight?

He'd have to be some fucking amazing fucking prodigy freak of an airbender to pull of that stunt, and neither his ass-whooping before or his fiery temper afterwards endear me to this thought.
>>
>>77455664
>>77455375
I see you two missed the point of her death. Let go of his anger and despair over her death.
>>
>>77456748
I see you missed my point as well.
If all he had to do to fly was let go of his "anger and despair", then there should've been tons of airbenders flying around throughout the centuries. It's not a hard thing to do to gain access to a "power lost for centuries" - he accomplished it in, what, 3 minutes? It's a cheap powerup when really I believe it could've been so much more. Imagine if in the finale Korra's trying to kill him and all he does is fly around serenely, totally detached - That could've worked great.

I like book 3, but I'm never going to not be upset over this cheap power-up coming off of one of the best fights in the entire extended series.
>>
>>77444203
Season 2 has exactly 2 good episode. One is just a good episode and another is ATLA good in terms of story and animation. These episodes combined have Korra on screen for about 2 minutes max. She has nothing to do with the plot in either. That is all you need to know about season 2 and Korra's role in it
>>
>>77455048
I just can't stop comparing with Katara in book 1. There is no way zaheer can get a teacher for his airbending. Plus, the fact that he didn't actually had bending, and could only train movements, while Katara actually have bending to train from the scroll. Even considering that zaheer found some kind of airbending scroll, it's just unlikely he would get that good. The water scroll didn't really help Katara either. She only really learned waterbending with a true master. How is it that zaheer manages without a master, and without actually bend? it's just.. weird. He should be weaker than B01 Katara, by logic.
>>
>>77457056
i hope you're not talking about Wan episodes.
>>
>>77449908
Powers in the Avatar world are directly tied to mindset.
>>
>>77449951
>getting a power out of nowhere is an understandable bullshit
No it's not. It's even worse, because as poorly-handled as the Kuvira talk-down was, it was at least Korra winning on her own merits.
>>
>>77457084
I'm certain Zaheer spent more time studying airbender culture than Book 1 katara had been alive. That alone would show that if he spent time trying to learn airbending moves he would be decent at those movements even if he can't produce air currents. Then there's tha idea of bending being somehow tied to spirituality and Zaheer pretty much embodies the detachment philosophy of airbending which would also make him a great airbender.

Then lets remember that he was an above average airbender and nowhere near master tier, so i think his level of airbending isn't all that bad or overwhelming as some seem to think.
>>
>>77453411
>yeah, Before harmonic convergence, not during or after on the 2 week lifespam after it.
The portals were also open during HC in Wan's time, when he closed them.

In both HCs the portals were open AND closed at points during them.
>>
>>77457111
>Powers in the Avatar world are directly tied to mindset
tell that to the chi blockers.

>>77457136
It wasn't even as "out of nowhere" as people say. We know he lost his powers when he was hit on that chakra/marma/whatever. He just got hit in the same spot again. It's convenient; "zaheer knows everything about airbending" convenient perhaps. But it's not out of nowhere since we know about the power and how to lose it in the first place.

>Korra winning on her own merits
you mean "Kuvira stopping on her own stupidity"
>>
>>77453411
The characters assume Korra was responsible, but they come to this conclusion over "HC did it" for no reason.

The writers included that line because they intended Korra to be responsible, but in-universe there's nothing supporting that she did.
>>
>>77451730
>If an airplane hits a tower, it's probably what caused it to fall. It could be an explosive, even if no one found evidence of that. But are you just going to ignore the airplane?
It's more like if a plane AND a missle visibly hit the building at the same time, and you're assuming it was definitely the plane that did it.
>>
>>77457257
>you mean "Kuvira stopping on her own stupidity"
Better than winning through sheer dumb luck.
>>
>>77457329
She had allready lost at the time they start talking. Even when they're fighting inside the mech Kuvira has allready lost because Mako is in the process of destroying the mech. So while it isn't due to luck that Korra wins, it isn't really of her merits either.
>>
>>77457247
We have to make too many assumptions for that to work; first, that there are that much artifacts about airbending around. They were nearly extinct, so i don't think that's something you find easily. Then, after finding such artifacts, he can learn enough to become somehow adept on airbending, meaning he found much more than Katara was able to find. If she had one scroll, he had many, or something like that. Then he needs a reason to be interested, so we have to assume he knows martial arts. Bending is partially spirituality, but it's not exactly that (Bumi was able to bend). It does require some knowledge about chakras.. or whatever, but there is some "sixth sense" about bending as well; earthbenders can literally feel earth. Same thing for airbenders. That's probably has something to do with bending. If it does, zaheer learned it without actually feeling it.
>>
>>77457248
in one, they were letft closed on that timespam, and in another, they were left open. Just saying that's probably the difference between them.
>>
>>77457492
We have to assume nothing, since Zaheer shows he has great knowledge about the Airnomad and show some level of proficiency with airbending. He also shows that his life is based on the teachings of an airbender so he is naturally drawn to it. Even if he is a non-bender that doesn't mean he can't incorporate airbending movements into his martial arts either.

The only assumptions we have to make are regarding, were or how he learned these things.
>>
>>77457509
Thats wrong. The portals were both open for a while after HC ended. And they were open during HC at both times aswell. We know this because Wan gather up the spirits in the world and sends them to the spirit world before closing the portals, which would take time to do.
>>
>>77457509
There were a million other differences.

In Wan's time, everyone had bending, because they had just come down from the turtles and were given it. Plus Vaatu was locked in a tree.

In Korra's time, bending was something people were born with, most people didn't have bending, and there were almost no Airbenders left. And now Vaatu was...Somewhere?
>>
>>77457275
It happens after Korra open the portals, everyone points that out, Korra herself states it is her fault, but somehow that doesn't mean anything 'even if that was the intention'. It looks very clear that after a lot of spiritual shit happening because of her, airbenders came back. Seriously, that's jut like the airplane situation.

>>77457304
>AND a missle visibly hit
No, because in this case people assume "there is something else" without saying what. The argument used is "probably something else happened". It's not visible at all. I'm just saying that if the portals opened, and airbenders are back, that's all there is to it, canonically.
>>
>>77457329
Aang used his own powers in the end to defeat Ozai. How is it better to see the enemy defeat herself?
>>
File: tumblr_nm37m20wfp1qix1c2o1_1280.png (572KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm37m20wfp1qix1c2o1_1280.png
572KB, 600x825px
Which one, /co/?

Personally I would replace Kuvira's sunblocker with tanning lotion.
>>
>>77457609
The "something else" IS Harmonic Convergence. And no, intention of the creators doesn't matter; It's nonsense to give characters knowledge it makes no sense for them to have.

The portals were open before. We didn't see anyone get bending.

HC happened before. We didn't see anyone get bending.

There is zero information supporting one over the other.
>>
>>77457620
Aang's victory had nothing to do with who he was as a person. His journey didn't matter, and there's nothing to be read from his victory other than his powers being stronger than Ozai's. On top of that, there's no real conflict when the hero wins because of powers they are just given.
>>
>>77457570
>Zaheer shows he has great knowledge about the Airnomad
true, but it is never stated if he learned how to bend before S03 or how he learned how to bend. It is only stated "air nomad culture". Anyway, what i'm saying is that if we think about his story, it doesn't make much sense. "he knows air nomad culture". Okay, but how? they were nearly extinct, and knowing water tribe culture alone didn't help Katara in B01.

by the way it is never stated in the series that he knows any martial art. He might as well just have found a scroll and started to wave his arms around.
>>
I should probably get around to rewatching atla.

S2>S3>S1
>>
>>77457595
>The portals were both open for a while after HC ended
that's not really clear in the Wan HC, as discussed before, but what we know is that it was left closed. Again, it's not about 'opened during HC', it's 'let open after HC for a long time'. That's when shit hits the fan. He only really got the spirits nearby. That's why we see many of them on the Wan episodes before.
>>
>>77457740
> it doesn't make much sense
Why not? He is clearly proficient in airbending when he gets the ability. What would make no sense is if he had no knowledge of airbending. As i said we don't know how or were he learned something about it, but going by what we see it is clear that he did learn about it at some point in time.
>>
>>77457607
>everyone had bending
that's not true at all. Only part of them decided to get bending and leave the city. That would also imply in all other civilizations we didn't even see, the same happened and everyone decided to abandon the safety of the cities.
>>
>>77457807
It's pretty clear if you watch the episode. He has to gather most of the spirits in the world and send them back to the spiritworld. It takes a lot of times just to travel that long. And while he does this the portals are open.
>>
>>77457678
>IS Harmonic Convergence
the thing that happened before without giving people bending?

>The portals were open before. We didn't see anyone get bending
yeah, but not during the time after HC that was necessary to give people bending. We do know they really wanted to close it, so i doubt they would let it open to take any effect.

>HC happened before. We didn't see anyone get bending.
wait a minute, you're now saying the 'something else' is not HC?
>>
>>77457857
Then that means either some humans stayed in the spirit world, and all people in the physical world ha bending, or they came down later.

That's even more of a difference.
>>
>>77457731
>Aang's victory had nothing to do with who he was as a person
were you really expecting a 12 years old to defeat the firelord on steroids? Even if he had the avatar state from the beginning, it would still have nothing to do with his journey. He relies on borrowed power. Being that powerful is what the avatar is about, so 'simply being stronger than Ozai' is his thing. You wanted him to talk to Ozai until he gives up?
>>
>>77457951
>the thing that happened before without giving people bending?
Like the portals being open.

>yeah, but not during the time after HC that was necessary to give people bending.
That's pure speculation. It's based on just as much evidence as saying "HC gave people bending this time because there were more nonbenders and fewer airbenders".
>>
>>77458011
I'm expecting the protagonist to actually overcome the central conflict, not have that conflict whisked away for them. You know, the very basis of all storytelling.
>>
>>77457876
>in the world
he only got the ones nearby that he knew, i believe. I doubt any spirit he didn't know would just go to the spirit world because he asked, anyway, so there is no point in travelling the world for that.
>>
>>77457978
>some humans stayed in the spirit world
they were in the human world in the Wan episodes

they probably came down when the turtles left them, or when the spirits were mostly gone.
>>
>>77458011
>Being that powerful is what the avatar is about, so 'simply being stronger than Ozai' is his thing.
That's a garbage story.

>were you really expecting a 12 years old to defeat the firelord on steroids?
That was the basic premise of the show, yes.

>You wanted him to talk to Ozai until he gives up?
I wanted his journey to matter. The fact that he lost the Avatar State was the perfect way to force him to actually use the training he's spent the entire series working on, and actually face a challenge head-on himself. It was the character progression the entire series had been building towards.

Instead he avoids fighting, as always, until the other Avatars take over and win for him.
>>
File: hahh.jpg (180KB, 939x623px) Image search: [Google]
hahh.jpg
180KB, 939x623px
>That one autist thta appears on every Avatar thread and is obssessed that people see his opinions as "objective truth on children cartoons" is here again.

You brought it up to yourself people. This guy messed with entire projects made on /co/.
>>
>>77458046
Nope, you're wrong. It's a huge exodus of spirits leaving the world behind. And getting them to leave, and them traveling to the portals so they can leave, would take a lot of time.
>>
>>77458068
Then they'd get bending then. Unless those turtles were dicks, unlike the other turtles, for no reason.
>>
>>77445293
I would switch out season 1 and 4, but otherwise, not bad
>>
>>77458019
>"HC gave people bending this time because there were more nonbenders and fewer airbenders"
they were never a big nation. Having 100% airbenders but less people was their thing.
>>
>>77458040
The conflict was kicking the villain ass.

Go suck a dick.
>>
>>77458040
>I'm expecting the protagonist to actually overcome the central conflict
so you're basically expecting a 12 years old to defeat the firelord on steroids
>>
>>77458146
A story that's nothing more than "These two guys fought and this one wins because he was born with stronger powers" is a shit-tier story.
>>
>>77458146
If the protagonist can kick the villain's ass from the start, there IS no conflict.

>>77458147
That was the entire premise of the show from day one, yes.
>>
>>77445381
>Book 2 is terrible throughout with the exception of Varrick's scenes, which are gold. People will tell you Wan's episodes are good, but do not believe these people.

THANK YOU
>>
>>77444368

Season 1 if eh, gets a bit too romantic for me (never really cared for shipping). Watch first two episodes, skip ahead until episode 6 (when shit gets real)

season 2 is weirder. Varrick hits a higher point than anything in season 1, Wan's arc is decent, but the rest is just dull. Season Finale is also kinda required because of how badly korra fucks it up and it sets up season 3 (A leads to B leads to C). in between season 2 and 3 she was called the worst avatar ever A LOT

season 3 is where it gets seriously good. We now have a credible villain/antagonist, Korra is getting character development. Everyone gets a bit of development somewhere. We learn a bit more about Toph's life after season 1's updates. And season 3's finale sets up season 4, while being heartbreaking and glorious at the same time. At least Korra gets to have an "Avatar Aang" moment of powertripping/ass-kicking

Season 4 is even better than 3

Superweapons thinly-Veiled Hitler/Stalin/Italian reunification comparisons, spurt magic. Oh, and homosex. It was a cute ending, but again, never cared for shipping.
>>
>>77457731
The fact that Aang got to double-asspull his victory against Ozai always bothered me. He beat the dude just by being the Avatar, not by using anything he'd learned in the last three seasons. Then he just gets to break Ozai's bending thanks to turtles ex machina.

ATLA was a cool journey, but the destination was kinda meh.
>>
>>77454758
It came after S2 so pretty much anything is gonna be considered godsend after that. I agree that it's not good let alone as good as any season of ATLA but its still the best season of Korra.
>>
File: Asami Sato future industries.png (162KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
Asami Sato future industries.png
162KB, 500x441px
What did she mean by this, /co/?
>>
>>77457740
>"he knows air nomad culture". Okay, but how? they were nearly extinct
>what are air acolytes
>what are air temples anybody can visit

>>77450009
>>77450062
>>77450069
But ATLA has the same type of flaws, people just ignore them
>>
>>77444368

It's pretty good. It's a fun watch but a much cheaper experience then the last airbender. There just isn't the same kind of drama or character development. It's pretty as hell and reasonably entertaining. Good enough but not amazing.
>>
>>77454758
>>77459869
People who say this put ATLA on too high of a pedestal.
>>
File: red carpet munchers.png (431KB, 1019x709px) Image search: [Google]
red carpet munchers.png
431KB, 1019x709px
>>77460410
Give me some sugar, baby.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.