[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HBO announces a comic book adaptation within 10 years. What funny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (12KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 480x320px
HBO announces a comic book adaptation within 10 years. What funny book would be best served with a master class live action adaptation?

Just off the top of my head
>Hellblazer
>Scalped
>Southern Bastards
>Barracuda
>Hitman
>>
Saga

I don't personally see it working as a TV series but I'm sure someone's gonna try and I could see that someone being HBO.
>>
File: 1443138065004.png (168KB, 376x447px) Image search: [Google]
1443138065004.png
168KB, 376x447px
Chew
>>
Midnighter
>>
Planetary
>>
>live action
>tfw HBO will never give us another great animated series like Spawn
>>
>>77434476
>live-action adaptation
What's the point?
>>
ONeil's Question run. It was practically made for tv with it's self contained arcs. Ever other answer is wrong.
>>
>>77434510
Saga doesn't work on any level
>>
>>77434530
I'd watch the fuck out of it
>>
>>77434476

>Southern Bastards

Can honestly see it working on HBO, Sundance TV or AMC will probably pick it up though.

My picks:
Five Ghosts.
Warren Ellis's Moon Knight(in a joint production with Marvel).
Valiant's Harbinger, Quantum and Woody and Archer & Armstrong. Shadowman could work too I suppose on their network.
Corto Maltese
>>
Astro City if you want that anthology story telling.
>>
>>77434476
100 bullets, Y: The Last man, Transmetropolitan
>>
They get Guillermo del Toro to make a BRPD show
>>
>>77435996
I think relations between Del Toro and Mignola are a little more sour than they were a few years ago. I believe there were some problems during the making of Hellboy 2
>>
>>77435996
Thats a pretty good idea actually, I would watch the fuck out of that.
>>
>>77436031
Had no idea, that's a shame
>>
>>77435034
>Corto Maltese
eh, we have the cartoons. I'd say it'd just be better to leave it at that.
>>
>>77434476
shade or sweet tooth
>>
>>77436107
They both kept it professional, neither are the type to make huge public deals about something or go shit talking on twitter.
>>
>>77434476
Transmetropolitan would fit well as an HBO series.
>>
>>77434476
Hitman was what I was thinking of.

Could easily do season with a special in between them (Hitman/Lobo, Texas story, etc). Then end with the Hitman/JLA special.
>>
I think HBO has become somewhat stale and if they make an adaption of a comic book it should be something with meat, something that they can dig their heels into, something that is well known but not thoroughly explored. I think that Bizzarro Superman and Mxyzptlk fits the bill.
>>
>>77438209
So, an adaptation of Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
>>
File: Animal-Man-1.png (2MB, 1155x845px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Man-1.png
2MB, 1155x845px
>Animal Man
>Swamp Thing
ROT WORLD
>>
File: poyo.jpg (145KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
poyo.jpg
145KB, 450x300px
it has to be Chew
>>
File: Prophet-New-start.jpg (271KB, 518x800px) Image search: [Google]
Prophet-New-start.jpg
271KB, 518x800px
Brandon Graham's Prophet would be amazing for the visuals alone.
>>
>>77434476

Nexus
>>
Gonna go with Stray Bullets
>>
>>77440724
Showtime Tried.
>>
>>77434476
>implying it won't be a SJW tumblr-based webcomic.
>>
I was thinking that Bizarro Superman and Mxyzptlk would be two different separate series because it would take enormous talented writers that make it into a good or somewhat decent TV Show. Bizarro World and the 5th Dimension are still a bit abstract and not explored fully. But since they created a new language for Game of Thrones I thought it would be something the HBO writers could grasp and maybe pull off. Plus it would be somewhat comedic in tone which is what a lot of fans want from comic book adaptions these days.
>>
Hellblazer as an 80's period piece set in London would be unreal. Never happen, though. The property is kind of worthless after that NBC garbage.

Real answer is Ex Machina. Again, make it a period piece set in '06 or whenever and really do it right. It's The West Wing meets The Flash, it has a great hook (that first image of WTC 2 still standing), a gay hero (heavily implied) and a compelling central mystery.

No brainer, honestly.
>>
Invincible

Tho Supergirl has ruined the allure/mystery of Superman on tv effects
>>
File: 00.jpg (957KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
957KB, 1280x1968px
This shit right here. There's not other answer. Its perfect for a HBO show
>>
Section 8: The Animated Series
The Question
>>
File: 588095.jpg (80KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
588095.jpg
80KB, 600x926px
>>77434476
She-Hulk

although it might be better on Netflix
>>
>>77434476
Invincible. Not that shit that they have now, but an actually good adaptation of Invincible.
>>
>>77442701
Ugh it would have been perfect. I could totally see them cutting the hour long time slot to fit a few of the one-shots into a single episode made of shorts. That one issue in the laundromat could easily be adapted into a pretty gripping 20 minutes of TV.
>>
File: Dredd 3D 19.jpg (744KB, 746x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd 3D 19.jpg
744KB, 746x1171px
Dredd.
>>
>>77434529
/thead
>>
Doom Patrol
>>
The Goon, because that movie ain't coming any time soon.
>>
V for Vendetta
>>
>>77434564
With Michael Douglas as Elijah Snow; he's worked for HBO before, he's done geek projects before, and he'd be dead solid perfect in the role. Two seasons of 14-16 episodes could cover the whole story pretty well.
>>
>>77434510
I could see them doing Saga except HBO tends to prefer white leads (even The Wire got lousy ratings for them).
>>
>>77434529
>>77445335

>implying HBO would make a series from a film that's already in the works
>>
>>77434476
American Vampire
>>
File: 1400283552006.png (346KB, 628x551px) Image search: [Google]
1400283552006.png
346KB, 628x551px
>>77434476

Chew

Crossed

Bone

Transmetropolitan

I know it will never happen, but i like to stay hopeful
>>
>>77434476
Cross
>>
Sweet Tooth
Painkiller Jane (more true to the comic character)
Hack/Slash
Y the last man (I'd actually rather see Ex Machina)
Punk Rock Jesus seriously needs an adaption, that material is way to good just to be a comic book. I think it would be very relevant today as a miniseries.
I think a DEMO anthology show would be a good hit as well,
>>
>>77434476
>all garbage
>not Pisces
>not Sex Criminals
>not Paper Girls

stay pleb
>>
Lucifer (an actual adaptation of the Mike Carey comic, not the abomination of a TV series we have now)

Y: The Last Man

100 Bullets

Most classic Vertigo series, really. They could even use Fables or Unwritten to fill the eventual fantasy-genre hole that Game of Thrones will leave once it's finished.
>>
>>77445450
>Two seasons of 14-16 episodes could cover the whole story pretty well.
HBO pretty strongly sticks to 10-12 episode seasons for its hour-long dramas. Occasionally it does fewer and calls it a miniseries. 14-16 would be a pipe dream though.

Call it three seasons of 10 episodes, if you can break it into three reasonably distinct plot arcs.
>>
File: jonah_hex_ad - Copy.jpg (179KB, 403x599px) Image search: [Google]
jonah_hex_ad - Copy.jpg
179KB, 403x599px
It would be more likely for AMC but I will never stop wanting a Jonah Hex show.

>episodic
>only one main character so recurring roles can be bigger actors
>filming Westerns is cheap
>over one hundred issues of Palmiotti/Gray to adapt
>tons of issues of classic Hex
>violent yet cerebral
>can feature time travelers like Booster Gold, the Legion, Rip Hunter and Waverider
>episodes with the Waynes, Arkham, Kents
>>
The IP for Chew would be amazing, but I think it's been picked up for a movie after Showtime didn't pan out.

Crossed is definitely in HBO-only territory if it were to be adapted.

Saga seems like a bit of a stretch because they would have to create an entire universe that would require tons of makeup and CGI, and limit production quality in other areas.
>>
>>77447696
>Saga seems like a bit of a stretch because they would have to create an entire universe that would require tons of makeup and CGI, and limit production quality in other areas.
Word. If Game of Thrones is considered an extremely high budget for them, no way they could manage such a wild sci-fi show where pretty much every frame would require heavy special effects.

Although, the main cast would be smaller.
>>
>>77434476
O'Neil's Question.

It's a no brainer.
>>
>>77447696
From what I've read, Glenn from TWD is on board for the lead on Chew
>>
10 years from now? This would be well after the capecraze had ended (hopefully), So, I'd like them to do a take on The Boys.
>>
Gotham Central via The Wire
>>
>>77447939
spend five seasons exploring the complex socioeconomic factors at play in a society plagued by crazy villains
>>
>>77447466
Season 1- Exploring this strange ole world, setting up future plot points.

Season 2- Who is the Fourth Man?

Season 3- Time to deal with The Four.
>>
File: 741303-tom_strong_1_1024x768.jpg (109KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
741303-tom_strong_1_1024x768.jpg
109KB, 1024x819px
Yo.
>>
>>77434476
The only comic with enough sex and nudity for HBO is Crossed.
>>
>>77448169
To be fair they could insert a lot of sex scenes into a Hellblazer adaptation without even fucking up anything. Most sex in Hellblazer was off screen anyway.

I'd kill to see an adaptation of The Horrorist.
>>
before any comic in general, I would love to see a world war z series
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.