[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck The Wild Thornberrys. What a shit cartoon. I'm still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: Wild_Thornberrys.jpg (191KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
Wild_Thornberrys.jpg
191KB, 400x295px
Fuck The Wild Thornberrys. What a shit cartoon. I'm still angry about its badness after all these years.
>>
File: Nigel.gif (454KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
Nigel.gif
454KB, 500x278px
>>77415512
Yeah, the show was boring and I mostly hated it as well. But "mostly", because they did one thing right. I just hate Nigel wasn't the focus of the show...
>>
Ehh, at least it only ran for like 100 episodes, even if it kind of sucks it had such a when better stuff like Aaagh! Real Monsters and even All Grown Up lasted like 60, and don't get my me started on Invader Zim.

The Fairly OddParents was a better show but they've milked the shit out of it until it's become complete garbage.
>>
Klasky csupo may have been the worst animation studio in history
>>
>>77415712
They did both Early Simpsons and Early Rugrats, arguably the two best, and the most influential, cartoons of all time.
>>
>>77415556
Nigel is character that would suck if he was the main character. He'd be milked for all he's worth and be annoying/repetitive about 10 episodes in.
>>
File: nigel-sad.png (909KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
nigel-sad.png
909KB, 680x382px
>>77415556
This is now a Nigel thread
>>
>>77415737
>Early Rugrats
>Most influential cartoons of all time

State your case.
>>
>>77415685
>Invader Zim
>bad
spotted the contrarian
Yes I know the fanbase is horribly annoying but the show itself was original, funny and pushed the boundaries a lot for a kid's show.

Anyways, what was that show with the same artstyle as this but about kids in highschool or whatever?
>>
>>77415512
I really enjoyed it. I just don't know how I ever got used to those godawful designs.
>>
>>77415772
He's talking about how many episodes it made it to, not the quality of the show.
>>
>>77415772
He was saying it was bad that it didn't have very many episodes. What bothers me in that post is calling Aaagh! Real Monsters and fucking All Grown Up good.
>>
File: smashing.jpg (105KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
smashing.jpg
105KB, 500x585px
Nice bait Debby.

The Wild Thornberrys was fucking fantastic. The only thing that was bad about it was Alizas stupid face, other than that this show was top tier.

Top tier as far as Nickelodian goes at least
>>
File: 1445302354833.gif (242KB, 179x275px) Image search: [Google]
1445302354833.gif
242KB, 179x275px
Welp, time to be that guy.
I thought this show was great. The focus on showing off different animals, the scenes where they were show off different landscapes and even some of the different cultures, was fun.
I still remember playing the online game they had on the Nick site where, I think, you ran a nature preserve, and the movie was cool too.
I'll also be that guy who says that I still don't get the hate for Klasky Csupo. Sure the designs don't look beautiful or anything, but the roughness of them, at least for me, always gave them character.
>>
>>77415797
>>77415804
Oh fuck I'm retarded
>>
>>77415806
>Nice bait Debby.
>Not "smashing bait"
You had ONE JOB Anon!
>>
File: Inquisitor Thornberry.png (2MB, 1748x992px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor Thornberry.png
2MB, 1748x992px
>>77415512
>hating based Thornberrys

You always find new depths to sink to anon.
>>
What was the best episode, and why was it "Forget Me Not?"
>>
>>77415835
I-I have dishonored my famiry
>>
>>77415770
Rugrats was in the first wave of Nicktoons and was the massive hit. It really pushed the boundaries of kids cartoons in its day, I've long argued the first few seasons were Simpsons-level in creativity and humor but it's ignored because it's a kids show.
>>
>>77415917
Even though I agree with all that, I just don't think it was THAT influential. And, not saying you're wrong, but in what way or in what sense did it push the boundaries of kids cartoons? Because it wasn't just talking animals?
>>
>>77415741
Well, you might be right. He deserved a better family then.
>>
I could never bring myself to watch this as a kid. I'd try and I'd get so bored I'd just turn it off. And this is coming from the same moron kid who would sit through two hours of Scooby Doo because PowerPuff Girls would be on after it.
>>
Eliza is one of the ugliest fucking character designs I've ever seen. Why are were all of Klasky Csupo's designs after Rugrats so goddamn terrible?
>>
>>77415819
I agree with everything here. Up to and including Klasky Csupo.

Something about their "ugly" designs made that whole era of television for me.
>>
>>77416031
Rugrats was aimed at families, rather than just kids, and did pastiches of other genres and alluded to adult situations. It was genuinely well-written and clever and a massive cut above everything other cartoon at the time.

It was far more interesting and subversive than Ren & Stimpy (basically the predecessor for irritating wacky Adult Swim cartoons) or Doug (bland teen angst).

Plus Rugrats was *fucking* *huge*.It was arguably the first big scripted cable hit. Get this: The Rugrats 10th anniversary special (All Grown Up pilot) got 12 MILLION VIEWERS.
>>
>>77416287
It was fine in the early 90s, and the style suited Rugrats, but it felt really old fashioned and ugly by the 2000s.
>>
>>77416350
And Rugrats' designs weren't even that bad compared to the puffy lipped, misshapen head-ed, beady eyed crap that came later.
>>
>>77415712
No, it's not their animation. It's their character design. It works perfectly with Aaah! Real Monsters, but Thornberrys, Ginger, and Rugrats have a cast of mutant neanderthal people.
>>
>>77415512

The show was shit, but it gave us dank Nigel maymays
>>
>>77416546
Rugrats is fine, you heathen. Babies look as weird as fuck normally.
>>
I was disappointed with it as a kid but still watched it a lot because I pretty much spent most of my childhood watching any cartoon nickelodeon put on. But just before the show came out, when I saw a commercial saying there'd be a show about a little girl that could talk to animals, I was all hyped and thought it was going to my favorite show. Then I actually watched it and it was all about Eliza being a stupid little bitch.
>>
>>77415512
I thought Debbie was hot.
>>
>>77418565
That doesn't excuse the parents looking weird as fuck.
>>
>>77415512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAADcaIHDig
>>
>>77419369
Oh shit, they got the actual VAs excluding Nigel for this?
This deserved a special on its own.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.