[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grant Morrison thread. Favorite story? Least favorite story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (56KB, 475x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 475x500px
Grant Morrison thread.

Favorite story?

Least favorite story?

Is he better than Moore?

Is he better than Johns?
>>
>>77386129
>favorite story
Doom Patrol, followed by Animal Man
>least favorite story
The Filth was hard to get through.
>is he better than Moore?
Definitely better than modern Moore, at the very least. Morrison is hit and miss at times but he never did anything equally bad as Neonomicon or Lost Girls.
>Is he better than Johns?
Johns isn't horrible but he's pretty much a glorified fanfiction author (even moreso than capeshit writers by default are) who rarely explores the medium in interesting ways, so Grant is definitely better.
>>
Is The Invisibles worth reading?
>>
Not familiar with his entire output, but

>favourite
Seaguy (VOLUME THREE WHEN?)

>least favourite
Vinanaramabanana or whatever it's called

>better than Moore
Eh, Moore has written some crap so it can be argued that, yes, Joe the Barbarian (let alone something like Flex Mentallo) is better than Neonomicon or one of the League volumes or whatever. But I think when Moore has been on top of his game, not even Morrison comes close.

>better than Johns
Well, yes to this one.
>>
His Doom Patrol run.
He wishes.
Sure but it's not much of an accomplishment.
>>
File: tumblr_nanob61yXk1tdeewto1_1280.jpg (560KB, 1280x887px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nanob61yXk1tdeewto1_1280.jpg
560KB, 1280x887px
>>77386129
Doom Patrol was an incredibly inventive, eventful, and colourful run. Terribly underrated.

His Kid Miracleman story

Moore is almost peerless in the way he tries to tell stories; the mechanisms of his comics in terms of the narrative and panel placement are always well thought out. I just think that Morrison tells better stories overall.

Definitely.
>>
Wait, Morrison wrote Pop Magic, right? 'Cause that stuff was fun to read despite not being a comic.
>>
>>77387297
that's deep bro
upvoted in tumblr
>>
>>77386129
Morrison can't tell a story. He's awful at it, even in those few of his works that are good. And that's a shame.
>>
>>77388967
'no'
>>
bane
>>
>>77386129

All i'll say is that the ending to Final Crisis Superman Beyond gave me the biggest grin I've ever had. It's so cheesy, but perfect.
>>
File: 60000 bees.png (173KB, 336x263px) Image search: [Google]
60000 bees.png
173KB, 336x263px
Flex Mentallo

Filth

Best Moore > Best Morrison but Worst Morrison > Worst Moore so I'd say they're about the same in average

Yeah.
>>
Its interesting that Morrison and Johns parallel each other how Morrison's model of the multiverse and his narratove structures are layered.

Morrison does a lot of big-idea universe building, high-concept stuff. And then Johns takes those concepts are echoes them on a smaller, character-focused scale. Just like how the current Darkseid War parallels some of Morrison's Fifth World concepts begun in his JLA run. Or how Booster Gold's solo series expanded on the individual ramifications of the new Multiverse structure eatablished in 52.
>>
>>77391050
good post
>>
>>77391050
well yeah, Johns is in the on the hypercrisis
>>
i like Nameless
>>
He has a really bad habit of throwing out nonsense terms and acting like they mean something to sound intelligent.
>>
>>77386129
Definitely better than Moore. Johns...depends...
>>
>>77387297
I appreciate where you're coming from. Moore is literary, and Morrison is gonzo. I'm not implying that those things are mutually exclusive either.
>>
>Favorite story?
Final Crisis.

>Least favorite story?
Can't think of any i hated that much to be honest.

>Is he better than Moore?
Moore was great but wen't downhill Morrison has been going steady for years now and still write good stuff.

>Is he better than Johns?
Yes, but i love both.
>>
I just read Happy! by Morrison, was pretty awesome, loved the contrast of the Ellis style edge with the kids imaginary friend.

As said in the thread, good Moore >>>>> any comic writer, he takes the medium and has a knack for reinventing it. But when he's bad he's not as good as Morrison. Still, I would put Moore ahead of Morrison because I would count the good more than I would count the bad, cause I can stay away from the bad so it doesn't matter.

and FAR better than Johns, that's a stupid comparison.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.