[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, be honest /co/ If groups of superhumans like the Justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 23

Ok, be honest /co/

If groups of superhumans like the Justice League or Avengers existed in real life, would you fear them?
>>
>Justice League

No.

>Avengers

Yes.
>>
>>71525415
this
>>
>>71525402
nothing ever happens here in GA except zombies. So no to both
>>
>>71525402
What he said >>71525415
>>
>>71525415

Bingo

The only real answer.

The amount of shit caused by the avengers themselves is insane.
>>
>>71525415
Throw up that pic of Marvel heroes being confused at normal people actually liking and praising the DC heroes and call this thread done
>>
>>71525415
why exactly?
>>
>>71525415

Reminds me of that pic comparing dc and marvel civilians where the dc people are celebrating the arrival of the jl and the marvel people are rioting.
>>
>>71525475
They've had public hazards like that menace Spider-Man and the mutant Wolverine associated with them, as well as the Hulk.

Man fuck those guys.
>>
>JL
Come on, they're the super friends. They're our buddies.

>Avengers
Fuck no. Fuck SHIELD and every other organization in that pot
>>
I'd find a way to get powers myself and try to destroy them
>>
>>71525475
Marvel is just too fucking hateful and too much infighting between hero fractions.
DC is alittle bit calmer and heroes rarely fight one another the Marvel does.
>>
>>71525415

This, but probably in reverse.

The Justice League would be like a pantheon of gods looking down on us from on high. At any moment they could go rogue and destroy absolutely everything and no one would be able to stop them.

The Avengers may be more flawed, but they're also more human and approachable for the most part. Like a special law enforcement agency. There'd still be a fear of their might, but the fact that none of them really have secret identitiies means that they'd just be like celebrities whose lives we can peer into to help reassure us that they're mostly human too.
>>
>>71525475
I think the reason is that there is too much chaos, infighting, conflict and power abuse withing marvel and that marvel's super"heroes" often aren't all that heroic. At all. Also they are state founded and are part of a goverment agency of the united states.

The JL is neutral towards states and are literally just there to protect people and fight monsters and shit. Their headquarters is even in space to be impartial enough.
>>
File: Booster.jpg (53KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
Booster.jpg
53KB, 250x236px
Not fear exactly, but I'd move my ass out to the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>71525468
To be fair,Marvel civilians are fucking assholes
>>
File: 1392996236399.jpg (38KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
1392996236399.jpg
38KB, 960x711px
>>71525402
>A bunch of superhumans capable of destroying cities and decimating populations band together
>The all decide to inhabit the world's top imperialistic power power
>>
>>71525557
didnt they roit at Barry and thought he was a mutant when he got stuck Marvel-side?
>>
>>71525534
>The Justice League would be like a pantheon of gods looking down on us from on high. At any moment they could go rogue and destroy absolutely everything and no one would be able to stop them.

Yes, but they won't, they are the justice league, they may be more powerful and godly, but i trust them way more than a bunch of statist cunts like the avengers, superman will help your cat from a tree. Captain america will fight "terrorists" in the name of israel.
>>
>>71525556
>but I'd move my ass out to the middle of nowhere.
Only to get caught up in a conflict with Hulk.
>>
>>71525534
>law enforcement agency

So they could totally just go rogue and straight up treat the entire planet like, well, like how real cops treat their neighborhoods
>>
How attractive are they? This is basically the only thing that matters for me
>>
>>71525415
Came to say this

>>71525475
The JL seems more friendly and like they would all do their best to help out and save people

The Avengers seem like a bunch of dicks who don't actually care that much
>>
>>71525589
All Marvel ones are shaved
DC ones have hairy chests and legs.
>>
Yes.

Absolutely.

I have always identified with Lex Luthor and I understand the fear is also coming from envy.

I dont want super powers around if I dont have them.

I dont want my life and existence hinging on a tiny group of people put together by happenstance. I wouldnt like to feel that lose of control.

So, yeah, kill em, replace them, whatever, but fuck them entirely. There was an arc of The Authority where the powers that be on earth, as far as the richest most politically powerful humans, got rid of the entire team, replaced them qith people they could control. I always thought that made so much sense, if super powers can be produced, fuck those assholes who lucked into them, lets replace them with our own trained assholes under our supervision.

But yeah, fuck superpeople.
>>
>>71525606
Even the women? Fearing the shit out of the JL right now, 100% behind the Avengers if so
>>
>>71525602
i remember a few issues back before Amazo virus, we had splash pages of JL helping people and being nice role models, when was the last time the Avengers had that?
>>
>>71525402
If superheroes existed, and could be created by getting struck by lightning or falling into toxic waste, I would probably kill myself trying to become one.
>>
Even as a Marvel fan i trust the Justice League 10 times more.

The Avengers were never important anyway, the FF4 and the X-men are the real supergroups of Marvel.
>>
>>71525573
Yeah

And when the Avengers ended up in the DCU they thought there was no way people actually loved the JLA that much and that they were obviously tyrants forcing the people to love them
>>
>>71525617
Man you are aware that your life is already like that, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 625x961px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 625x961px
>>71525589
The JL obviously
>>
>>71525623
Not the WOMAN, only one girl, her skin is as soft as marble.
>>
>>71525649
really? panels? issues?
>>
>>71525664
Hey we never decided on line ups, so there could be more than one, just saying
>>
>>71525650

No.

The planets survival is not depending on 5 to 8 people each week who then flaunt their abilities in public, abilities absolutely beyond reason and sometimes measure.

I think I would feel differently if there people around who had been basically elevated to the level of gods in power and perception.
>>
>>71525662
that's a terrible image, especially:
1-hal having a psysique anywere near bruce
2- the superdick is small
3-where is the hair?
4-why is batman the most tanned?
>>
>>71525581
>Yes, but they won't

But we wouldn't know that. If they existed in the real world, we wouldn't have comic books which allow us to peer into their lives and feel like we know them.

All we'd know is that there is an independent group of godlike beings who refuse to reveal their real names and identities, have their own agenda and spend a lot of their time on a weaponised space station.

That would be terrifying for a lot of people. At least the Avengers would have to answer to SHIELD and would have identities which could be used to hold them accountable for their actions. The Justice League would only answer to their code of ethics and the only reason you're saying you'd confide in them in that way is because you read cape comics and have a deeper understanding of their motivations than you realistically would.

>>71525588

Again, there's accountability, though. When a cop abuses his power, there's scandal all over the news about it. People get named, people ask for retribution and we all become aware of it.

If Captain America went and beat some kid to a pulp for no apparent reason, he'd be all over the news and the media and SHIELD would make him answer for it.

If Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman did the same thing,the news and the media would probably be in an uproar but they would have no leverage to hold them accountable for their actions. It would be entirely up to them whether or not they want to take responsibility.

That's the difference between the Avengers and the Justice League: the Justice League are gods. They answer to no one but their own moral compasses. The Avengers are world police. They have superiors and chains of command and public identities. They can be held accountable.
>>
>>71525683
well one of the girls could have feathers, and another the carpet doesnt match the supposed drapes
>>
>>71525683
I was under the idea we are using either the ones in the picture of the classical lineups.
>>
>>71525696

Not the anon you are replying to, but I want to thank you for how you put it.
>>
File: american media.jpg (353KB, 1600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
american media.jpg
353KB, 1600x1250px
>>71525693

Well... there's one group of people that controls your life.
>>
>>71525674
It's from Avengers/JLA crossover, either the first or second issue I think
>>
Is it weird that the more comics I read the more I come around to DC and their roster? Like people have said, the marvel universe is just a bunch of assholes.
>>
>>71525696
>If Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman did the same thing,the news and the media would probably be in an uproar but they would have no leverage to hold them accountable for their actions. It would be entirely up to them whether or not they want to take responsibility.

Well no they'd get beaten to a pulp by the other big dogs
>>
>>71525701
THIS IS IMPORTANT. Bitch has wings, you know how hot that shit is?

>>71525711
Motherfucker that is not the classic Avengers line up I should slap your shit just for insinuating that
>>
>>71525696
>That would be terrifying for a lot of people. At least the Avengers would have to answer to SHIELD and would have identities which could be used to hold them accountable for their actions. The Justice League would only answer to their code of ethics and the only reason you're saying you'd confide in them in that way is because you read cape comics and have a deeper understanding of their motivations than you realistically would.

Yeah, that's what i want. The avengers answering to the Americans. I take gods over americans every single day of the week.
>>
>>71525735
but with wings, you cant do doggie or missionary
>>
>>71525730

Hardly the same.
>>
>>71525589
Half are desirable as a greek god
The other half got masks BUT they fill out their spandex pretty well
>>
>>71525762
Im american and i agree with this.
>>
>>71525769
Why not? I don't see the wings stopping either of them
>>
>>71525733

I like BIG DC characters more, all my favorites characters are marvel characters, but the more popular one is daredevil, i love mk, iron fist, beta ray bill. But the "big ones" of marvel are mostly assholes (yes picking your old aunt over your family is being a dick).
>>
>>71525735
>of =or
>>
>>71525734

So they only answer to each other.

That's not any more reassuring. And you wouldn't have any idea how it worked if you didn't have cape comics to reassure you.

>>71525762

That's nice for you, but you're not incapable of seeing why in a real world situation the Avengers would be much less feared than the Justice League.

If not objectively, than subjectively.
>>
>>71525800
she proabably doesnt sleep on her back, because theyll get in the way and are uncomfortable to lay on.

other one, do you want feathers in your face while trying to hit it.
>>
>>71525824
>So they only answer to each other.

Just like real life!
>>
>>71525827
By that logic she'd never sit on a couch.

And can't she keep the wings down? Or flat? Whatever the right words for this is
>>
>>71525734

So we'd just be powerless peons forced to confide only in the gods who decree what is and isn't best for us.

I love the Justice League, but I can admit that they would be very intimidating in real life.
>>
>>71525830

And look how uncomfortable that makes you.

Throw the power to punch the planet into the sun or run at the speed of light into the mix and it's even worse.
>>
>>71525851

Im telling ya, id either be plotting their death, or acquiring powers of my own, horribly disfiguring myself or something like that.

Lex is right. That shit shouldnt be.
>>
>>71525824

The JL makes imposible for american troops to invade any innocent country. It makes russia less prone to intervension. It makes israel shit their pants.
The global powers will fear the JL, but after a year without war, the world will see the JL as a good influence:

After a year of avengers the avengers would be killing people in the middle east.

Is better to arm yourself to protect your country from gods in the sky that to fight another country.
>>
on their own
no
theyre good guys

but

most likely, the only reason theyd exist, is if there was also bad guys
so
yea
thatd be scary
>>
>>71525842
she adjusts while shes awake, buts she wants to relax while asleep.
but it all depends on how alarge her wings are.
>>
>>71525889

Dude.

In DC all that shit goes down with the JL around. They dont interfere in that crap.

Fuck, for a while the JL did answer to the UN even. They would be sent against other super powers who were inteferering in global politics.
>>
>>71525415
/thread
>>
>>71525918
This might need more research. Are there any panels of Hawkpeople sleeping?
>>
>>71525889
>The JL makes imposible for american troops to invade any innocent country. It makes russia less prone to intervension. It makes israel shit their pants.

So we'd be powerless to stop them, forced to abide by the black and white code of ethics they impose on us lest we be dismantled by them for being evil.

Every nation would be held hostage by a group of god-like beings who decide what we should and shouldn't do and actively prevent us from taking any actions which could be considered dangerous to the abstract concept of peace.

>The global powers will fear the JL, but after a year without war, the world will see the JL as a good influence:

Maybe, but it wouldn't change the fact that the JL would have essentially taken over the world.

There's a reason they don't usually deal with the idea of the JL stopping wars in comics.

It borders on dictatorship.

>After a year of avengers the avengers would be killing people in the middle east.

But they would have to answer for that. They could answer for that. People could protest and debate and hold them accountable for their actions.

You couldn't do the same with the League.

>Is better to arm yourself to protect your country from gods in the sky that to fight another country.

Says you.
>>
>>71525935

>thanagarians
>asleep

Fuck surely there must be, but that just doesnt seem their style. Like its weak to sleep or something.
>>
>>71525935
yes this needs more research. I dont think there are any of the versions where the wings were natural, just when they could take them off.
>>
>>71525956
theres some panels of them flying while fucking
>>
File: squirrel girl is actually right.jpg (158KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel girl is actually right.jpg
158KB, 800x647px
>>71525415
Thread ended here I think. Though to be fair, the world the Avengers live in is ridiculously shitty. A shitty world creates shitty people.
>>
File: boys-5-e1305160483676.jpg (300KB, 740x1137px) Image search: [Google]
boys-5-e1305160483676.jpg
300KB, 740x1137px
>>71525402
Yes, balance and checks are needed to keep them in line.

if they aren't kept in check, well...I suppose The Boys will happen and it'll turn into a quagmire of bullshit
>>
>>71525987

Thats a given they would do that, anon. It was just a matter of time it would be published.

How could you not fuck in the air if you had wings.
>>
>>71525851
Never looked at that way. Makes that one season of JLU more realistic where the government were making there own team of superheros.
>>
>>71526026
why wouldnt anyone who can fly not do it. You think GL would use his ring while having sex.
>>
>>71525851
Waller pls.
>>
>>71526065
>You think GL would use his ring while having sex.
Pretty sure they do
>>
>All these people saying they'd trust the Justice League.

Let me give you a scenario.

Pretend for a moment that you've never read a single cape comic. Cape comics don't even exist.

Now, imagine that one day a man who could punch through steel, fly, shoot lasers from his eyes and was basically indestructible came out of nowhere and revealed he was an alien from another planet.

Sure, he claims that he only wants what's best for humanity and he's a nice guy, but every now and then, he loses his temper and you get a sense of just how dangerous he could be to all of humanity.

What reason would you have to trust this man if you never met him personally? He's a nice guy, but so what? Does that make him trustworthy with godlike power?

Another scenario: imagine you live in a city beleagured by crime and corruption. Then, one day, an urban legend begins to surface about a creature that lurks in the shadows like a monster, preying on criminals and answering to no man. And then he begins to gain prominence and you see that he is an almost superhuman man with an arsenal enough to wipe the city off the map. He may be on your side, but would that make him any less intimidating? Would your heart not race if you ever saw him in a darkened alley, glaring at you over a mangled body?

Another scenario: imagine that you live in a city with a man who is capable of running at the speed of light and using that speed to basically do anything he wants. A man who could kill hundreds of thousands of people in less than a minute if he wanted to. Sure he seems like he's a down-to-earth everyman, but does that mean you can trust him with all that power? Would you trust a random stranger on the street with it?

And if you do trust these three people, let me ask you this: if a country armed itself to the nines with nuclear warheads but assured all its neigbouring countries that it would only use those warheads for the greater good, would you trust that country? Because they said you could?
>>
>>71526422
>does that mean you can trust him with all that power?
I don't really see an alternative.
>>
>>71525475

1)Almost every member of the usual Avengers' lineup has on his record acts of colossal dickery and/or selfishness, and/or idiocy that directly endangered the whole world. The Hulk is not only a walking bomb waiting to go off, he deliberately went on a destructive rampage at least once (because of a thing that other supposed heroes did, too), Hank Pym created Ultron which nearly killed off humanity several times, Tony Stark and Cap America started a fucking civil war and no, Cap is not exempt from the blame, his fucking retarded position greatly contributed to the conflict, and in recent times Cap - at the very least - greatly faciliated two more big superhuman conflicts by being a fucking dick. In short, it is not even a stretch to see the Avengers as dangerous, untrustworthy people.

2)Avengers are affiliated with the US government to the sufficient extent that they can't be seen as impartial. But at the same time they explicitly do not subject themselves to any actual control by elected officials.
>>
>>71526459

Exactly.

There would be no alternative, would there? Because these people don't answer to you or anybody outside of themselves.

They hide their true identities from you and expect you to trust them implicitly to always, always act in your best interests.

And if they don't, what can you do about it? Complain, maybe. You most certainly couldn't hold; them accountable.

They're gods among men and their very presence would make us ants incapable of acting without consideration for how they would react to us.

Either fall in line with the superheroic world order or risk making enemies of them and all those who buy into them.
>>
>>71525402
Yes
>>
>>71525402
From the JL I'd be scared, from the unreachable standard to the cultists that would follow Batman.
What's not to fear from them?

From the Avengers, I'd do my best to get into the team, I mean they give a lot of people membership and it could be a job. So why not?
>>
I want Amanda Waller to please leave the thread.
>>
>>71526422
>Cape comics don't even exist.
But they do in those universes. And JL actions would speak louder at the end of the day and news would only help their image.

What you're suggesting is no different from what DC has already showed. They would be trusted, not feared.

Now you should drop the act and go back to Facebook, Lex.
>>
File: tumblr_mg8uk43o1g1qa9wiqo3_1280.png (771KB, 988x504px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg8uk43o1g1qa9wiqo3_1280.png
771KB, 988x504px
>>71525496
>Hulk
Shit's terrifying. Can you imagine how the public would actually react to finding out about the Hulk?
>>
>>71526576

Sorry for viewing the question through objective, realistic perspectives. I slobber all over cape cock too, but I can at the very least understand why they would be frightening in the real world, especially in the case of the Justice League.

>>71526597

>If you disagree, you're a casual.and don't read comics.

Okay.

>JL actions would speak louder at the end of the day.

That's fair, but surely SURELY you are able to see why people would distrust them at least initially. SURELY you're able to at the very least comprehend the validity behind the idea of not trusting the JL completely the moment they appear on the scene, right?

I mean, in the real world you probably wouldn't even be that aware of their various actions and ideals.

I mean, I'm not crazy, am I? This makes sense, right?
>>
>>71526422
>Would your heart not race if you ever saw him in a darkened alley, glaring at you over a mangled body?

No. I would say thanks and buy him dinner.
>>
>>71526661

And speaking of the Justice League's actions, let's not forget some of them.

Remember when Wonder Woman snapped a man's neck on live television?

Remember when Batman created an artificial intelligence that almost destroyed the world?

Remember when the Flash accidentally rewrote all reality when he ran back in time to save his mother?

Remember when Green Lantern destroyed Coast City and became a malevolent cosmic being?

These aren't just gods, but they're flawed gods who have on numerous occasions threatened the lives of the people they swore to protect.

I think it makes perfect sense that there'd be just as many people who distrust the league as there are people who'd completely stand behind them.
>>
>>71526770
>Remember when Green Lantern destroyed Coast City
That is not what happened
>>
>>71526712

I find it hard to believe you guys are being objective about this.
>>
>>71526537
I'd still slightly prefer the Justice League to the Avengers, simply because of their neutrality.
Yes, they can't be held acountable, but neither can the Avengers really. At least the JL isn't directly working for a warmongering government that isn't mine.

I'd still want anything possible done to make my country defensible against the JL, of course. Slightly better is still pretty horrifying.
>>
>>71526770
>Remember when Wonder Woman snapped a man's neck on live television?

You mean the guy that made countless people into cyborg stealth assassins against their will?
>>
>>71526810
I think we can all safely assume that she didn't murder an innocent man.
The point is she killed him when she didn't have to.
>>
>>71525402
They still die to bio weapons as simple as too much bleach in their ventilation system.

Or otherwise noted they die to what comes with them. You can just smokepool a location to create the UV rays noticed in a red sun (red moon at night) etc.
>>
Dude, when Superman beats 3 monsters and 5 giant robots off of metropolis a week people are gonna trust and like him. If he's vouching for the JL, people are gonna like the JL.
Some shit is public as fuck, like invasions (extradimensional, alien, subterranean) other shit is not (generally magic shit threatening to destroy reality) When these guys save your ass twice a week you're not gonna hate them.

Avengers on the other hand have Hulk who's basically just a monster, Iron Man,
>>
>>71526833
>Lasso of Truth on him saying that he will keep mind controlling Superman into committing murder and the only way to stop him is to kill him
>didn't have to
>>
>>71526661
>I mean, I'm not crazy, am I?
You are. You're also an autistic faggot, Lex.
>>
File: 1335907856649.jpg (72KB, 1061x601px) Image search: [Google]
1335907856649.jpg
72KB, 1061x601px
>>
>>71526871
Just knock him out.
>>
>>71526910
>wakes up
>continues controlling people
>>
>>71526890
The right one should be labeled Man of Steel
>>
>>71526780

Okay, I guess you win the argument or something?

>>71526810

No, the guy who you knew almost nothing about. You just saw Wonder Woman snap his neck on television.

>>71526793

I feel what you're saying but the Avengers, at the very least, can be held MORE accountable for their actions.

Iron Man suffered a lot of personal and professional consequences after Civil War.

Captain America was actually sent to prison for his actions.

Spider-Man is regularly slandered by the press and treated with antipathy.

Daredevil's entire identity went public.

And let's not get started on the X-Men.

While I'm definitely not arguing that the Justice League would be better for protecting the world at large, the Avengers would be a lot more trustworthy as an institution.

I'd argue you'd meet a lot more people who trust (but, perhaps, criticise) the Avengers in a real world scenario. As I said, they're world police. For the most part, people still trust the police, but they still rightfully criticise them, especially when controversy arises.

>>71526888

Shouldn't have expected to have an engaging discussion about comic books on /co/, I guess.
>>
>>71526921
That's retarded. The point is she could've knocked him out and then, I dunno, talked to someone, asked for help, asked for opinions.
In the meantime, keep him unconscious.
I'm not saying that he didn't need to die, or that she did anything wrong.
All I'm saying is that her options at that exact moment were not limited to snapping his neck.
>>
With DC I'd be more worried of them being mind controlled by anything and destroying/conquering the entire world.

With Marvel I'd be more scared of how they're likely to fuck something up but I'd be less terrified if they went full evil since there's a likelier chance of them getting taken down.
>>
>>71526973
How can they be held more accountable?
Sure, you can hate them and shittalk them all you want, but that's true for the JL too. The Avengers aren't any more likely to stay in prison if they don't want to as the JL. The Mutants aren't held accountable, they're just hated regardless of what they do.
I don't see why the Avengers are in any way preferable.
>>
>>71525402
Justice League is like a monarchy. Gotham seems to be ruled by King Batman and his lineage.

Avengers at least gives more the feel of freedom
>>
>>71525402
This was discussed a bit in a thread yesterday. Gonna toss it in because I believe it has a degree of relevance.

>Of gods and pretenders: Why a world distrusting Superman makes perfect sense…for now

>To many, the only distinction between the heroes of DC and Marvel are the companies that own them. Fans don’t see “DC heroes” and “Marvel heroes;” they only see “comic book heroes.” At the risk of sounding pretentious, however, that’s a very unobservant thing to say. When you look closely at the two rosters of heroes and the way the two companies approach their respective properties, a fundamental philosophical difference becomes apparent.

>To best illustrate it, consider a scenario:

>Imagine if Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Flash (generally considered the core Justice League roster) were to be hit in the head with an anvil, wake up in the future and find there that world peace had been reached. Poverty had been eradicated. Crime had been abolished. Earth is basically Gene Roddenberry’s utopian fantasy. How would they react?

>Superman? He would, for the first time, get a good night’s sleep. For all of his time on earth he has heard the cries for help, the beggings for mercy, the shouts and the painful groanings of crime-stricken victims. At any given second he hears a million different people crying for anyone to rescue them. It becomes a white noise that is ever present, and one that he can tap into in order to search for the next opportunity to help. To wake up in a world of total peace would completely change him. He would still have super speed, super sight, the power of heat vision and the power of flight, but there would be no need ever to use them again. Superman–Clark Kent–was raised by altruistic, morally-minded, down-to-earth middle-Americans. He was taught the virtues of humility and service. Without a world to save, Superman would cease to exist. Clark Kent would probably marry Lois Lane and move to the ‘burbs.
>>
File: 1313434247833.jpg (194KB, 626x950px) Image search: [Google]
1313434247833.jpg
194KB, 626x950px
>Batman? Here’s a guy whose entire life has been consumed by crime. His most vivid childhood memory is of a crime. His adolescence was shaped at boarding schools being teased by bullies with taunts describing that crime. His young adulthood was spent training to fight crime. His adult years were spent fighting crime. His elderly years (depending on what you read) will be spent at his computer, sending out drones and robots to fight crime in his stead. If he were to wake up in a world without crime, he very well might go insane and end up a super-criminal himself (there’s an “elseworlds” story to write about!). Bruce Wayne would probably sell all of his estate and give the money to various causes before moving to Tibet to live in a monastery, meditating until death.

>Wonder Woman? She’d just say “mission accomplished” and return to Themyscira to live out her days.

>Aquaman? Same. He’d return to the sea to rule as a king,likely never to surface again.

>Green Lantern? Very likely he would just leave the earth and journey to some other world to fight against injustices.

>Flash? Probably he’d donate himself to science and spend the rest of his life working very very quickly to invent the next great help to humanity.

>With the exception of Batman (who could probably use a few decades just meditating and calming the rage within him), DC’s heroes’ lives would be largely fulfilled, because those are the kind of heroes DC presents in their books. DC creates gods that pretend to be men. Take away the need to be a god and these heroes would see their life’s mission completed. Either they would retire or they would go off to find some other way to help some other people.

>Now imagine the same scenario as before, only make the heroes Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and the Hulk. How would they react?
>>
File: 1409252361520.jpg (217KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1409252361520.jpg
217KB, 790x1200px
>Captain America? He was a soldier before he was a super hero, but in a world without war, he would probably go looking for whoever was in charge and volunteer to be his bodyguard. Maybe he’d run for office. He’s a natural soldier; good at giving and taking orders, so his options are limited. In a world with no need for soldiers, he’d just be a man.

>Iron Man? What are his skills? He’s a tech genius, so maaaaybe he can help out in this future world, once he gets used to all the new technology that’s around. People say he’s Marvel’s version of Batman, but that’s only a superficial comparison that only focuses on their wealth and lack of super powers. Bruce Wayne is a detective, ninja, crime-fighting zealot who happens to be super rich. Iron Man is a super rich guy who happens to fight crime. Take away his suit and what is he? He’s a genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist. Billionaire? No, He’s either lost in a crowd of many other rich dudes, or–if perhaps money is no longer a thing in this utopian future–he’s not even that. Playboy? A utopian fantasy world sees everyone as equal, social status is non-existent. Philanthropist? A world without poverty is a world without the need for charity. Tony Stark would be nothing. He’d just be a man.

>Thor? He is really Marvel’s spiritual-interpretation of Batman, in that he’s the one hero that is different from the rest. Steve Rodgers, Tony Stark, even Bruce Banner (when not provoked) are just men: Thor is an actual god, and that’s a rarity in Marvel’s world. If he were to wake up to a utopian Earth, he’d go back to Asgard as the guardian of a realm that didn’t need him anymore. He’d just be an immature god with no purpose or direction to focus his attention and drag him to maturity and heroism.

>Hulk? He’d never have a reason to get angry again. Simple as that. He’d be able to suppress the monster within, perhaps permanently, arriving at a defacto cure and returning him to being “just a man.”
>>
File: 1339124190621.jpg (179KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1339124190621.jpg
179KB, 1280x960px
>In this utopian world, the lives of Marvel’s heroes would suddenly feel minor, depressing and lost. because Marvel creates men that pretend to be gods. take away the need to be a god and these heroes would have no purpose. The reason is because the kinds of characters Marvel specializes in, are the kinds of characters that need a reason to exist. With the exception of Thor, Marvel creates men who pretend to be gods.

>That’s the big difference between the two companies. That’s why fans should not look at Man of Steel and Zack Snyder’s take on the DC cinematic universe with contempt. These characters are not Marvel characters. Their movies have to reflect that. Captain America doesn’t have to worry about a cult of people falling at his feet and worshiping him. At the end of the day he’s just a morally-pure soldier on the best steroids in history. But if a guy like Superman suddenly showed up, you better believe people would start bowing their knee before him, while others would be fearful of him, and others still (like Lex Luthor) would use and manipulate that fear for their own purposes. The weight of responsibility, pressure, and even inherent-guilt that comes with BEING Superman is ten-times more weighty than being Iron Man or Hulk or even Thor (who, as stated, is depicted literally AS a god among men). Why wouldn’t Superman’s origin-story be filled with angst? Man of Steel may have been “grim” and “sad” but it’s the realest take on the character I’ve ever seen, simply because it gave me a very realistic portrayal of how someone like Kal El would be received in the real world.
>>
File: The_Justice_League_by_EruOfArda.jpg (215KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
The_Justice_League_by_EruOfArda.jpg
215KB, 1024x680px
>People were upset with Man of Steel movie because it wasn’t the take on Superman they thought it should be. What they wanted was the comic’s take on the character, and though that sounds like a reasonable and obvious way to go, you have to remember that in the world of the comics Superman has been around since 1938. People are used to him. Even when the comics reset and present Superman’s origin anew, the stories usually introduce him to the public as a savior that wins over the opinions of the people almost as soon as he bursts onto the scene. That’s fine for comics, because comics tend to gloss over the finer details of reality for a more stylized universe, where characters like Oswald Cobblepot and Captain Cold can pop up and no one bat an eye.

>The movie universe that Man of Steel established and that Superman v Batman will expand upon, is one where mankind believes it is alone in the universe and at the top of the foodchain on earth. The arrival of Superman threw that assured thinking for a loop and it will bring out of hiding other godlike heroes like Wonder Woman to continue shocking society. In that world it makes perfect sense that there would be people distrustful of Superman. When you think about it, it makes Richard Donner’s beloved take on the character silly and absurd. In the United States today, a congressman can’t talk about how best to handle the “illegal immigration problem” with the words “compassion” or “humane” without being attacked mercilessly by radio talk show hosts. Of COURSE the appearance of Superman–the most famous immigrant of the, all–showing up (and bringing three “countrymen” with him to wreak havoc on the earth) would be met with disdain and mistrust by some, and worship and adoration by others.

>This kind of take on the character has been hinted at in some comic stories, but rarely has it been explored in depth as it is in the new DC cinematic universe.
>>
>There is a quote from the comics, spoken by Lex Luthor to Bruce Wayne, that seems to perfectly convey the tone these movies are striving for. Lex talks about Superman being an alien, whose thought process is inherently different from our own. We simply can’t predict what might cause him to suddenly decide the best course of action is to rule the planet like a tyrant. He might up and decide that the rainforest needs preserving so he will heat-vision a moat around one-third of South America. He might one day come to the conclusion that whales are better than humans and then its bye-bye people. We can’t understand the way he thinks because he’s not “one of us.” Lex and Bruce are having this discussion and Luthor kept referring to Superman as an “it.” Bruce finally replied that “it” has a name. To which Luthor said:

>"[a name] that we gave him, an attempt to humanize him — as pointless as naming a hurricane. Forget the name, Bruce– and think about what he can do… Think about a hurricane with a will. Then multiply that intensity a thousand fold."

>Bruce then replies “That’s some storm. Good thing he’s on our side.”

>Luthor then calmly retorts:

>"What if he changes his mind? What if… Tonight– he looks down at us and decides we’re not capable to manifest our own destiny? What if tomorrow he wakes up believing he knows what’s best for us? What if comes to believe that it’s not enough to protect the world…when he can just rule it? The only safeguard we have against that happening… is his word."
>>
File: EbDlYzm.jpg (142KB, 586x450px) Image search: [Google]
EbDlYzm.jpg
142KB, 586x450px
>No one wants to see a well-established Superman hated by the people. Luthor will always hate him. That’s his character, but ultimately Superman needs to be viewed as a hero to the world. As a way to introduce him, however, I can’t imagine a more real way to do it. Fans would do well to exercise a little patience, and let DC play its stories out. It’s clear that Batman goes after Superman in the upcoming film because he has bought into the hype that an alien being with such unchecked powers must be taken out for the good of humanity. Judging by the defaced statue in the recently released teaser, a lot of people agree with him. It will take some kind of mutual threat to force Batman and Superman to team up, and that threat will have to be big enough that humanity sees the need–despite the risks–in having a hero in blue and red watching from the skies.

>Until then, Superman will continue to be a god pretending to be a man, and man will rightly fear him as a result.

https://www.cultofwhatever.com/2015/04/of-gods-and-pretenders-why-a-world-distrusting-superman-makes-perfect-sense-for-now/
>>
>>71527104
>How can they be held more accountable?

Well for one thing, they have SHIELD to answer to: a large, global organisation which has authority and a chain of command.

Another thing would be their public identities. When they do wrong, they can't just take off their costumes and hide away. We know who they are and we know their histories.

Another thing is that they're generally less powerful, meaning that it'd be a lot more likely that we could restrain them in the event that they should go rogue.

You can shit talk the JL, but that won't really affect the fact that they're the motherfucking JL and they don't care.

The Avengers are more likely to stay in prison just by virtue of the fact that they have public identities, are less powerful and answer to SHIELD.

With mutants it's less a matter of accountability and more a matter of their having to go through red tape and maintain appropriate public relations lest they instantly be targeted by Sentinels or SHIELD or whoever's got an eye on them that week.

The Avengers would be less intimidating from an existential point of view because of that accountability.

I've made no comments for them being a superior team, I'm not here for the repetitive console war nonsense.

I'm just making an objective argument as to why the concept of world police who answer to their superiors would be less intimidating than the concept of a pantheon of real-life gods who answer to themselves and only themselves.
>>
>>71527212
Tony would definitely rejoice at being in the fucking future. He'd probably spend a couple of months/years learning about all the new tech they have (and comment on whether he already thought of it before), he'd then just start building shit for the sake of it. Eventually if he's fast enough he'd end up ahead of the curve again and get bored.
>>
>>71526770
>>71526770
>>71526770

To be fair, if the Flash were to rewrite history,there would be no way you can prove that.
>>
>>71526973
>And let's not get started on the X-Men.

On the other hand, let's.

X-Men are private militia, whose entire and explicit raison d'etre is to held mutants as a whole absolutely unaccountable to anyone but themselves. It is founded and ran by open and vocal mutant supremacists, who only disagree with Magneto insofar as they thing his methods are going to backfire, and believe that the humanity is going to go extinct naturally, if you give it time.

And given that you wonder why people in Marvelverse dislike both superheroes and mutants?
>>
>>71527354

But that only goes to show that accountability is better defined by Marvel super teams.

In the real world, the JL would have zero accountability and that would make people shit themselves.
>>
>>71526661

We understand what you mean but we are talking from a perspective of already knowing the JL, so we would trust them. So yeah the public would be scared for the first bit but after Superman saves the day for the millionth time in a year I think we'd see he's a pretty swell guy.
>>
>>71527257
>they have SHIELD to answer to
Except I can trust SHIELD no more than I could trust the JL.

>they're generally less powerful
That doesn't help us if their powerhouses go out of control, or Tony decides he wants to reign some homebuilt nukes down on some country.
>You can shit talk the JL, but they won't care
By that logic, neither does Spiderman.
>the concept of world police who answer to their superious would be less intimidating
Maybe if those superiours are yours. But for non-americans, that would be arguably worse. At least if the JL goes rogue, I can count on all of humanity working against them.
>>
>>71526422
Remember that cape comics are for escapists. They will never admit superheros are an extremely broken concept.
>>
File: 2538467-601826.jpg (16KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
2538467-601826.jpg
16KB, 263x400px
>>71527198
In his own words:

>I have always envisioned that the day Gotham is finally free of corruption and crime, i would be gone.

Bruce thinks by the time Gotham is safe, he's be long dead.

I don't think he would go insane, but I bet Batman would make sure it would never get to where it was again. Batman's job is pretty much never over.
>>
>>71527257
>are less powerful

Thor and Hulk might be weaker than Supes and Martian Manhunter, but this is a weak consolation for those stuck on the Earth when they break the planet in half. Even if we only count their average, normal feats rather than top wankery, they can only be stopped by other superhumans or carpetbombing their rough location with nukes and hoping they won't move away in the time it takes your missiles to reach them.

>answer to SHIELD

No, they fucking don't.

If you want to nitpick, they answer to SHIELD until SHIELD asks them to do something they don't like.
>>
>>71527410

I'm asking you to not see it from the perspective of a comic book reader who knows these characters inside and out though.

I'm asking you to see it from the perspective of an everyday joe who probably hasn't even met a member of the Justice League and has lived through shit like Infinite Crisis, The OMAC Project and Parallax.

I mean, I just can't help but see completely trusting the Justice League without having countermeasures put in place in case this pantheon of gods should ever go rogue as anything but foolishly naive.
>>
>>71527442
k
>>
>>71527187
Superman and the Flash would both become medical professionals, paramedics who operate before the people are even in the hospital.
>>
>>71527432
>Except I can trust SHIELD no more than I could trust the JL.

Fair enough, but if the Avengers go rogue, SHIELD would be there to stop them because they're a global peacekeeping organisation.

That's accountability.

>That doesn't help us if their powerhouses go out of control, or Tony decides he wants to reign some homebuilt nukes down on some country.

That is true, but you'd be less fucked than you would be if the League lost control.

>By that logic, neither does Spider-Man.

But, he is held accountable for his actions to an almost oppressive degree.

>At least if the JL goes rogue, I can count on all of humanity working against them.

To what end?

Humanity wouldn't stand half a chance.

>>71527464
>If you want to nitpick, they answer to SHIELD until SHIELD asks them to do something they don't like.

And then SHIELD works to take them down with those heroes still loyal to them.

Again, accountability.

If the Justice League did the same thing, all you could really do is shake your fist at their tower in space.
>>
>>71526422
>And if you do trust these three people, let me ask you this: if a country armed itself to the nines with nuclear warheads but assured all its neigbouring countries that it would only use those warheads for the greater good, would you trust that country? Because they said you could?

No one answered this very good question because it would require them to be objective about superheroes and stop riding cape dick.
>>
Can someone please story time JLA/Avengers?
>>
>>71527455
I don't like batman as a character, but fuck, his suit is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>71527548
>SHIELD would be there to stop them
And if some heroes of the JL go rogue, the JL is there to stop them.
Except of course if SHIELD/JL as a whole turn evil, in which case we're equally fucked.

I just don't see how you can see the dangers of the JL so clearly, yet downplay those of the Avengers. They have a literal god among their ranks!
>>
>>71527432
>At least if the JL goes rogue, I can count on all of humanity working against them.

The thing is that in Marvel there are plenty of powerhouses outside the avengers, meanwhile DC has most of its powerhouses inside the JL. I feel this is a big factor that makes people think that the avengers are easier to take down, that and the obvious infighting.
>>
>>71527624
>And if some heroes of the JL go rogue, the JL is there to stop them.

MEaning, again, that the Justice League answers only to the Justice League. You're forced to place all your faith in a closed group of godlike individuals who you don't know the names or identities of.

You just have to have faith that they'll have your best interests in mind and that they'll always be there to protect you.

For someone so distrusting of government organisations like SHIELD and the Avengers, you seem awfully willing to place your faith in an organisation which is both more powerful than those two combined and who you wouldn't know half as well.

>I just don't see how you can see the dangers of the JL so clearly, yet downplay those of the Avengers. They have a literal god among their ranks!

I'm not downplaying the dangers of the Avengers, I think you're downplaying the dangers of the League.

I've pointed out that we'd be pretty fucked if the Avengers turned on us, I'm just aware that we'd probably be less fucked given the institutions that are in place in the Marvel Universe in comparison to the DC Universe. We'd know the Avengers. We'd know their names, their identities, who they answer to, where they're from.

All you'd know about Superman is that he's an alien who can bench the Earth and a nice guy.

You'd know practically nothing about Batman.
>>
Now honestly, I agree with a lot of >>71527230 and >>71527250

If Superman showed up, I can't speak towards what the world would think, but I'm confident the US wouldn't trust him at first. Both political sides would want him regulated and doing more in completely different ways that stood to benefit their completely different agendas, and his refusal to do so would most likely be met with alienation. It'd take his defending us from a threat we couldn't stop on our own, and doing so in a manner generally in line with our ethics as a nation, and doing so when he has nothing to gain but much to lose that would get people on his side. Not all people, because /pol/ would call his doing so a false flag to lure us into trusting him, but it'd be enough to at least shift the conversation in his favor I believe, and after he did so enough times, I believe he'd have most of the public behind him. Now getting this back to the question of the thread, personally I think I'd recognize beings reminiscent of superheroes, and because of that I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Now I'm inclined to interpret OP's use of "like" as meaning these individuals would appear to be superhuman, but not literal translations of either the JL or Avengers. Giving them benefit of the doubt does not mean I'd trust them at first. I'd be inclined to defend them should they behave in a manner similar to those of the heroes I've grown up reading about, but the minute they worked outside the system in a way I felt was inappropriate I'd begin to worry. Now were their doing so exceptions to the standard that I had no problem with I'd be a little irked, but every superhero is eventually written in particularly darker stories every so often so I'd respect them as I do those. If they became the new standard though, very much like how I felt with MoS, I'd want to like them, but if they continued making choices I wasn't comfortable with, it'd be very difficult for me to.
>>
>>71527712
I think with people like the Hulk and Superman around, "less fucked" becomes meaningless. It's a end-of-the-world situation either way.
>>
>>71527548
>And then SHIELD works to take them down with those heroes still loyal to them.
>Again, accountability.
>If the Justice League did the same thing, all you could really do is shake your fist at their tower in space.

SHIELD does not have any more hold on the real powerhouses of the Avengers - i.e., people who can possibly be used to bring others to heel - than UN has on the Justice League.

And I mean, shit, the last time when the government tried to control supers this caused the Civil War and the Dark Reign, and the writers tried to outdo such other in showing how it was a badwrong idea.
>>
>>71527784
I remember when Black Adam went crazy in 52 and killed an entire country
>>
>>71527796
>SHIELD does not have any more hold on the real powerhouses of the Avengers

But there are far fewer real powerhouses of the Avengers and, again, we know their real identities. That alone would make people more reassured.
>>
>>71527628
>meanwhile DC has most of its powerhouses inside the JL.

Not really, Captain marvel, Captain atom, firestorm, Ion, dr fate, Black adam. GL Alan, Powergirl, and a really really really long etc
>>
>>71527592
Someone civil about not liking Batman? We have found the chosen one
>>
>>71527849

Half of those guys have been JL or are in teams which are basically in the same 'pantheon of gods' boat as the JL.
>>
>>71527469

Well say that the first time around yo. And my answer still stands. In my opinion, words have a bigger impact than than deeds in this day and age but when your actions include the acts of the Justice League, even accounting for the times a member has gone astray I can't see a reason to not believe they're generally good people.

I'm sorry but you seem very paranoid about this hypothetical situation.
>>
>>71527198
>Aquaman? Same. He’d return to the sea to rule as a king,likely never to surface again.

but thats wrong
Arthur would still be torn between his human side and Atlantian heritage kind of like a mixed kid growing up in the culture they're not familiar from despite being from there
Arhut will still be dealing with the xenophobia of Atlantians, although assuming this is utopia there wouldn't be such things so ...he would still rule Atlantis but occasionally come up to the surface cause he was raised there its still his home

>Green Lantern? Very likely he would just leave the earth and journey to some other world to fight against injustices
he's a space cop
>>
as long as I didn't live near NYC (which I don't) I would be fine with avengers. I'd be more worried about JLA because they seem more likely to get involved in petty crimes and meddle with shit that isn't world endangering stuff
>>
>>71526780
well yes it did....Green Lantern: Emerald Night
also lets include when GL(Hal) tried to rewrite history
lets throw in another GL(John) who, from his arrogance accidentally was the cause of why a planet got destroyed
>>
>>71526973
i actually think it would be harder to trust Avengers just because of SHIELD being right there next to them.
SHIELD if applied in the real world would be CIA and we all know the NUMEROUS conspiracies that arise from time to time as new information is leaked
imagine if the public got hold of SHIELDS's secrets and information because we all know that there will be people trying to leak info and proving they evil constitution trying to take over the world WHILE backing the Avengers
>>
>>71527500
>Superman and the Flash would both become medical professionals, paramedics who operate before the people are even in the hospital.
Clark's a journalist?
>>
>>71528672
And? In this world he could become a Paramedic. Journalism probably doesn't exist anymore
much like this one
>>
>>71528580
Mongul and Cyborg Superman wrecked Coast City though, not GL himself
>>
>>71526770
Do you even fucking read comics? 2 of your 4 examples are just straight wrong, buddy.
>>
>>71526422
It's a Catch 22 m8. Let's assume DC and Marvel never existed but comics as a medium still did, and lets assume Mark Waid still wrote Irredeemable. Now I'd get the parallels to Superman, and I'd be faced with two options. I either take him at him word, leaving mysef exposed to the possibility he is being dishonest, and is going to let the other shoe drop where he either destroys the world and/or takes it over, or I and the rest of humanity be skeptical of him, despite all his actions only being performed to protect us, and keep us safe, and despite our not being able to come up with something to stop him, we eventually alienate him and be the reason he either destroys the world and/or takes it over. This could apply to any of your hypothetical not-Superman, Batman of Flash. In either case, we're fucked. The only difference is in one scenario we are culpable for triggering our demise, and in the other we aren't. Personally, I like not being responsible for bad things happening, so I'd be inclined to take them at their world, acknowledging that there is a 50/50 chance they are being honest, because should they wind up on the 50 where they are being honest, and just trying to make the world better, I think I'd like getting to live in the world their actions lead us to.
>>
File: 1288296775602.png (412KB, 840x523px) Image search: [Google]
1288296775602.png
412KB, 840x523px
>>71525735
I love everything in this post so much. You rock, anon.
>>
>>71526973
>No, the guy who you knew almost nothing about. You just saw Wonder Woman snap his neck on television.
Honestly, there is a chance he'd be known from his time with the JLI, and Booster coming out as a character witness that Max had killed Ted would add some credibility to Wonder Woman's declaration that he was mind controlling Superman into beating up her and Batman, and that he had vowed to to use Superman to fuck up the world if she didn't kill him my god, did Goyer just crib that entire situation for the end of MoS?
>>
>>71526981
Did you read Generation Lost by any chance?
>>
I would be horrified by any and all violent vigilantism irl. Even if Iron Man was state sanctioned he'd be grossly overpowered, but the fact that he just does whatever the fuck he wants is terrifying. Superman could kill everyone in the world on a whim if he wanted.

The fact that superheroes are (mostly) non lethal would certainly be a positive factor, but it'd be balanced out by the ridiculous violence that they're routinely capable of (how many limbs has Batman snapped?).

The only kind of superhero I'd be ok with would be one that only operates in search and rescue operations, damage control, etc. That would be really boring, though, and not really require a costume or secret identity.
>>
>>71526949
Nice meme.
>>
>>71525696
If you think Cap, or any other Avernger, answers to SHIELD in any way, shape or form beyond the merest formality, then you are so amazingly stupid it's a wonder you can turn the computer on, much less type sentences.

Last time SHIELD tried to make Captain answearable to a law he started an underground superhero movement and a civil war.
>>
>>71526422
>Now, imagine that one day a man who could punch through steel, fly, shoot lasers from his eyes and was basically indestructible came out of nowhere and revealed he was an alien from another planet.
He stops crime almost always rescuing any hostages and never killing criminals. He rescues people from natural disasters, talks down suicides, is always nice and smiling. Risks his life and limb to protect the people from others with enormous power rivaling his own and then checks too be sure noone else got hurt. May or may not be Jesus second coming.
I would trust him with my life.

>Then, one day, an urban legend begins to surface about a creature that lurks in the shadows like a monster, preying on criminals and answering to no man. And then he begins to gain prominence and you see that he is an almost superhuman man with an arsenal enough to wipe the city off the map.
Crime and corruption have gone down since he appeared. Even with crazy madman and actual literal monsters roaming the streets he saves people. He never hurts anyone innocent and has hurt himself, people have seen him bleeding, just to save people and make the city safer. You know he is not corrupt exactly BECAUSE he is not part of the corrupt system. If you see him in a dark alley, the only reason to be afraid is if you done a crime. I'm no criminal so I trust him.

Another scenario: imagine that you live in a city with a man who is capable of running at the speed of light and using that speed to basically do anything he wants. A man who could kill hundreds of thousands of people in less than a minute if he wanted to.
Has he done so? He fights bank robbers and murderers and monsters all day, erryday. He's probably wanted to kill people several times in his carrer. But yet. Nothing. No superspeed murders that can't be pinned on the yellow copy. Sure enough, I can trust him.

Cont.
>>
>>71527239
You see, this is a reasonable line of argument...except it's from Lex Luthor whose completely full of shit himself. Lex is more dangerous than Superman can ever become.
>>
>>71526422
>>71532143
Cont.
>And if you do trust these three people, let me ask you this: if a country armed itself to the nines with nuclear warheads but assured all its neigbouring countries that it would only use those warheads for the greater good, would you trust that country? Because they said you could?
What, the country who built a tyrant left him alone for decades and only killed him whenit needed oil? The one who taught a bunch of crazy religious nuts how to be terroirist and then got surprised when they turned against it? Who used a terrorist attack as an excuse to attack the wrong country just because of oil? The one with a failing education system and a penchant for violence? I wouldn't trust it with anything, much less the control of metahumans.

Actions speak. I trust people whose actions speak of nobility and heroism not those whose actions speak of incompetence, undirected violence and sheer stupidity.
More than half of the Avengers problems can be directly traced back to themselves.
>>
Anyone read Marvels by Busiek and Ross? It depicts the events of the Marvel Universe through the eyes of a reporter in actual time. As in, it starts off in the 1930's with the appearance of Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch and Namor to the early 1970's when Green Goblin killed Gwen Stacy.

The reason why Marvel civilians are batshit paranoid is because they've dealt with decades of superhuman events like a merman declaring war against the surface world, a mutant supremacist threatening to nuke the world, and the advent of Galactus.

Pre-52 DC Earth is a different story. They have a long history of superhumans fighting for good like the JSA and All-Star Squadron. And then Superman appeared. He was the first of the new generation of heroes in the post-WW2 era. There's this handsome human-looking guy whose always saving the day, never camera shy and willing to stop and chat with reporters, and giving a good impression that there are indeed good and honest metahumans out there.

It was because of the selfless sacrifice and tireless dedication of Superman and his predecessors that DC Earth treat superhumans on a case-by-case basis. Some are good, some are bad. It's why the JLA is honored as heroes and role models.

On Marvel Earth, it's not as clear-cut because you have Jameson smearing Spider-Man which raises suspicion against masks. Even the Avengers dealt with public hostility because of the induction of Hawkeye (a former criminal) and 2 ex-members of Magneto's Brotherhood (Pietro and Wanda).

Then, you have shit like a former Avenger (Hulk) going berserk across the country and causing untold property damage. Mutants popping up during the time when nuclear weapons and energy were more prevalent, thus triggering the X-Gene amongst the unsuspecting population. The kid next door can suddenly spontaneously combust. Another can control your thoughts, so on and so forth. That shit would make ANYONE even comic readers be wary as fuck to mutants.
>>
>>71526461
>Implying captain america isn't the only reason new york is left standing by the new of civil war
Captain ended that shit anon. He realized he was wrong.
>>
>>71527187
>>71527198
>>71527212
Oh hey this is pretty great and insightful. Nice.
>>71527222
I'm sorry what?
>>71527230
>>71527239
>>71527250
And you just went full retard.
That isn't the problem with Man of Shit at all. The problem with it is that it reads like a Marvel comic. with Superman killing Zod, with a battle that probably killed more civilians than the villains doom machine had at that point, with Johnathan dieing a pointless death that could have easily been avoided. It's not because it's a origin story, it's because it's not Supermans origin story. His origin stroy should always be about him saving a plane or something, beign a hero and generally a good guy before some villain even shows up.
>>
>>71527469
>Infinity Crisis
From the point of Everyday Joe, the skies turned red, there was white wall that eats people and now it's gone and everybody is back. The heroes saved the day. The first Flash even died to make sure he didn't. A few years later Kid Flash becomes the new Flash and he is kinda proud to hear of it on the news.

>The OMAC Project
Everyday Joe doesn't know Batman had a hand on that. Far as he knows it was some spy agency on the government pocket that shat itself. And then the heroes saved the day again.

>Parallax
Evil Cyborg Man destroyed Coast City. Green Lantern went to space and never came back. We went without a Green Lantern for some time but the there was a new kid. Now the old lanterns are back too. Kinda weird but ok.

You're talking about seeing from the point of view of the common Joe but you're the one using meta knowledge to distort the facts.
>>
>>71528580
And the common person knows nothing about any of this. Why wouldn't he trust the JLA?
>>
File: 1429689503338.jpg (699KB, 1791x909px) Image search: [Google]
1429689503338.jpg
699KB, 1791x909px
>>71525475
This is a Justice League member.
>>
>>71525475
>>71533049
This is an Avenger.
>>
>>71527548
Fair enough, but if the Avengers go rogue, SHIELD would be there to stop them because they're a global peacekeeping organisation.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>And then SHIELD works to take them down
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK

The funniest thing is you're serious, you believe that. Captain America alone can take Shield down, probably subvert most of it to his side. Iron Man can make helicarriers rain from the sky with a few lines of code. And if you really think they could anything to Hulk or Thor then you are high.
>>
>>71533061
>>71533049
hey remember that time the Amazons of Themiscara invaded the US and killed hundreds of thousands US troops and civilians? Hey how about that time green lantern's city got destroyed and he went apeshit? Or the batman and how he rules an entire city through fear?

DC's been making it's heroes dark and edgy for a long time.
>>
>>71527548
Have you actually read any comics? Or even seen the tv show?
Except for a dozen or so named characters, most of which are Avengers themselves, the rest of SHIELD is hilariously incompetent.
If you put two normal innocent baby turtles on SHIELD custody for a day you would come only to find one of the turtles has escaped after killing dozens of their best agents. How? Noone knows. You can find the turtle sleeping in the sun outside the door. The other turtle managed to subvert the rest of the SHIELD agents to HYDRA and taken over the base. It keeps happening. The turtle isn't even in HYDRA. It's actually just as confused as you are.
>>
>>71533061
Yeah, wolverine is getting his butt handed to him, but he'll be fine. He's an avenger after all.
>>
>>71525867
>And look how uncomfortable that makes you.

I'm actually pretty cool with it but I imagine if I ever was victimised by such an abuse of power I would change my subservient tone in a hurry
>>
File: Avengers in JLA Universe.jpg (656KB, 1024x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers in JLA Universe.jpg
656KB, 1024x1553px
>>71525468
This one?
>>
File: Flash in the Marvel universe.jpg (459KB, 1912x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Flash in the Marvel universe.jpg
459KB, 1912x1668px
>>71525573
>>71525649
>>
>>71527548
If anything, the DC humans would have a far easier time taking down the Justice League as they have several government superhuman teams and integrated superhuman soldiers in combat units. Meanwhile 90% of MU government supers are Captain America clones at best.
>>
Nuke both. one is too facist and the other is too chaotic.
>>
>>71534246
>If anything, the DC humans would have a far easier time taking down the Justice League as they have several government superhuman teams and integrated superhuman soldiers in combat units

They also have Lois Lane's dad, who is a madman with government sanction, carte blanche, and a lot of gigantic guns with the people to fire them.

Oh General Lane, you silly man.
>>
>>71534277
I fucking hate General Lane, it's trying to put Hulk plots into Superman comics which is just pants on head retarded
>>
>>71534340
He wasn't really General Ross until the Donner/Johns Action Comics run, though

Prior to that he was more of an antagonist for Lois than Supes
>>
>>71525402
If these groups existed we would have something like Checkmate instead of SHIELD.
I guess thats pretty much answer your question OP...
>>
So basically what I'm getting from this thread is that no matter how well-constructed or reasonable your argument is, if you even so much as imply that you wouldn't immediately trust the Justice League 100% and hate the Avengers constantly, you're an idiot who doesn't read comics.
>>
File: 1397689136561.jpg (307KB, 881x365px) Image search: [Google]
1397689136561.jpg
307KB, 881x365px
>>71527198

>Dat lineup

Take out Protector, Spider-Woman & Wolverine

Add Wanda, Cassie Lang & Thor or She-Hulk.

Perfect lineup
>>
>This thread

Why is it so damn unreasonable to think that people wouldn't trust the Justice League?
>>
>>71534520

At some point you just need to realise you're arguing with manchildren holding severely stunted views of how the world works outside of comics and stop trying to break through their hardened shell of fanaticism.
>>
>>71526023
Why is Simon Pegg holding 2 severed arms?
>>
>>71534569
his girlfriend just got ennis'd
>>
>>71525402
Yes, cause that means there would have to be a reason for them to exist.
>>
>>71534520
It isn't at first. It is the longer they stay around and save the day their way again and again and again.
>>
>>71534066
>everyone surprised going "wow people appreciate their heroes here"
>suddenly captain salty just starts ranting about how this just isn't possible

Been a while since I've seen this, forgot how hilarious the reactions were.
>>
>>71534066
What's the name of this comic? I gotta read it.
>>
>>71534110
wow, what douchebags
>>
>>71534066
that's actually kinda sad that the reaction to civilians actually appreciating their heroes is "They're controlling these people!"
>>
>>71537106

It's not their reaction, an evil influence was making Supes and Cap more bitchy than usual. Cap reacted with fear and outrage, Supes reacted with snide superiority.
>>
>>71525589
Wonder Woman alone is more attractive than the entirety of the Avengers.
>>
We fear our own military

We fear our own police force

We mistrust our politicians

So YES, we'd distrust them.

But we'd like them better since they have a higher "man, you are the coolest dudes on Earth" quotient.
>>
>>71533061
He's not an Avenger, he's an Ultim8.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.