[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

It's canon, 100% confirmed, where is your god now? http

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 767
Thread images: 151

File: 1419206059759.png (220KB, 550x688px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419206059759.png
220KB, 550x688px
It's canon, 100% confirmed, where is your god now?
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/105916338157/korrasami-is-canon-you-can-celebrate-it-embrace
>>
Same place it was a couple hours ago
>>
I don't really care either way but I kind of liked it when it was ambiguous. People could believe what they wanted and it didn't feel like they were specifically trying to be "progressive" or whatever.
>>
>>68193006
Cool it always easier for me to fap to 100% canon and they are bi instead of dykes anyway
>>
DELICIOUS CANON LESBIAN PORN HOOOOOOO
>>
Don't care.
My problem was more all the cheese in the final Korra - Kuvira dialogue.
>>
>Sadly and unsurprisingly, there are also plenty of people who have lashed out with homophobic vitriol and nonsense. It has been my experience that by and large this kind of mindset is a result of a lack of exposure to people whose lives and struggles are different from one’s own, and due to a deficiency in empathy––the latter being a key theme in Book 4. (Despite what you might have heard, bisexual people are real!)

>I love how their relationship arc took its time, through kindness and caring. If it seems out of the blue to you, I think a second viewing of the last two seasons would show that perhaps you were looking at it only through a hetero lens.

> We did it for all our queer friends, family, and colleagues. It is long over due that our media (including children’s media) stops treating non-heterosexual people as nonexistent, or as something merely to be mocked. I’m only sorry it took us so long to have this kind of representation in one of our stories.

>I’ve already read some heartwarming and incredible posts about how this moment means so much for the LGBT community.

Is this fucking real life?

/pol/ was right
>>
It's a nice little smoke screen to how underwhelming it all was as a show.
>>
>>68193006
No-one cares. I imagine you just got this off some site other then 4chan and thought you'd come enlighten us heathens who are homophobic, am I right? If you were here for any length of time after the finale you'd know /co/ hates it because Bryke are hacks, not because he put lesbians in it.
>>
Reminder that they aren't lesbians. They are bi.
>>
>>68193070
>p-please like our stuff gay guys, like it's subversive (in a good way!) !
>>
>>68193070
>I love how their relationship arc took its time,

Yeah man, that whole 3 minutes dedicated dedicated to building their relationship between season 3 and 4.
>>
>>68193070
>there are also plenty of people who have lashed out with homophobic vitriol and nonsense.
Yeah I totally wouldn't have expected them to demonize anyone who didn't see things there way...
>>
>>68193070
>If it seems out of the blue to you, I think a second viewing of the last two seasons would show that perhaps you were looking at it only through a hetero lens.
I love how he saying this like dykes are some kind of whimsical creatures who only practice courtship via secret and stealthy mating rituals that us silly heteros will never understand and then immediately says :
>It is long over due that our media (including children’s media) stops treating non-heterosexual people as nonexistent, or as something merely to be mocked
His refusal to treat them as anything but speshul snowflaeks has turned them into a mockery of both themselves and of good writing.
>>
Should have been Korra/Kuvira (Kovira? Kurra?)
>>
File: 1362825186197.jpg (67KB, 490x490px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1362825186197.jpg
67KB, 490x490px
Post yfw /pol/ got BTFO
>>
>>68193070
I think it's pretty much a given that they considered it throughout seasons 3 and 4 which doesn't really make it ''out of the blue''
>>
>>68193084

I think they're passed being bi and are exclusively lesbians now. The whole of brykes posts makes it clear that they consider this a done deal, marriage and forever more.
>>
File: 1415553825392 (1).jpg (62KB, 709x765px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415553825392 (1).jpg
62KB, 709x765px
>>68193070
They said this exact thing wouldn't happen. They said they wouldn't pander. But they went right ahead and used the LGBT people as a smokescreen for how shit the cartoon was.
>>
>>68193102
Now that would be fucking stupid.
>>
>>68193070
This sounds a lot like Bioware's excuse for people not liking their shit-tier writing.
>Y-you're all just homophobes!

No, Bryke, I like to see relationships develop throughout a series, as oposed to giving characters like 5 scenes of interaction and then suddenly having them reveal they were Bi
>>
Use the catalog dumbfuck
>>
File: in my pants.jpg (121KB, 352x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
in my pants.jpg
121KB, 352x338px
>>68193109
>>
File: BiowareCorp.jpg (58KB, 610x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BiowareCorp.jpg
58KB, 610x300px
>>68193070
It's like they are reading out of the same handbook.

I wonder if Bryke will go write for them next.
>>
It was about as well set up as Zuko and Mai, just without the episodes with them as a couple afterward.

Bryke can't write romance for shit. Never could, never can.
>>
So what is Korrasami going to be like in whatever Legend of Korra extension that comes out next like in some new comics or something? I doubt we'll ever see an official kiss between the two but how far will them being lovers will be implied? Will they be living together for years? Will we see Asami get out of bed and cook Korra and her breakfast?
>>
>>68193109
But they were right.
>>
>Asami was a duplicitous spy when Mike and I first conceived her character.

I fucking knew it after seeing her take on guys with her skilled hand-hand combat. It still kinda shits me how she ends up joining Team Avatar and not revealing who she really is with her father.
>>
>>68193100
>us heteros
Said a virgin without any experience.
>>
>hetero lens
please dont tell me this is a real term
>>
File: 1419252762174.png (513KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419252762174.png
513KB, 1536x2048px
>>68193134
>gets to the other side of the portal
>glove to the FACE
>Korra btfo
>wakes up tied up in a room
>see's pic
They could still save the series
>>
>>68193140
It's the opposite of yuri goggles I guess
>>
File: 1393927318009.gif (2MB, 371x331px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393927318009.gif
2MB, 371x331px
>>68193109
>>
>>68193140
It is, and so is the opposite (yuri glasses).
>>
I like how Korra's legend is being the first out brown skinned lesbian. Not for being particularly badass or for any heroic deed, but because she held hands with a girl.

See, this shit right here is why most protagonists are straight white males. Because they actually have to work to be memorable and get celebrated.
>>
>>68193134
She was clearly originally intended to be the female biker equalist you saw in the early episodes, but they changed it when I think Mike pretty much fell in love with her and she became his waifu.
>>
File: 1419006984022.gif (1MB, 250x247px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419006984022.gif
1MB, 250x247px
>>68193139
You could open an outdoor theater with that kind of projection.
Also wrong.
>>
>hurr durr season 3 was part of the build up

Oh please, god forbid two characters spend more time to together, expecially considering how irrelevant Asami was in season 2.
>>
>>68193130
Kataang was good.

But then again Mike said he viewed it as forced which is pure bullshit.
>>
enormous piece of shit kept afloat by retarded shippers
>>
>>68193143
I would forgive them for everything
>>
>close friends = fucking

I fucking hate authors who do this. Do they just not have close friends or something? You don't need to fuck anyone you care about
>>
>>68193070
that's some serious bullshit

i can understand it being canon, but claiming that they planned it all along or some shit is definitely bullshit
>>
>>68193140
I'm laughing my ass off, because both sides were pretty much retarded (korrasamifags and anti korrasamifags) and then I really do think that the term ''hetero lens'' is quite fitting.
>>
>>68193115
Yeah, because nothing stupid happens in LOK
>>
>>68193162
The only kind of love is romantic love anon.
>>
>>68193162
You quite clearly missed the point. They said exactly the opposite of what you just said.
>>
File: 1419299938782.jpg (353KB, 700x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419299938782.jpg
353KB, 700x900px
Post more canon couple.
>>
>>68193164
Why don't you go back to your boat you fish shit eating agnostic barnacle?
>>
File: 1400801509254.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400801509254.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>>68193176
>>
>>68193109
What >>68193132 said
/pol/ doesn't get BTFO when shit like this happens because they're the only ones who consistently see it coming and prepare.
>>
>>68193162
I thought it was more obnoxious how the writers felt that they had to pair Korra with someone at all

It was like they had to meet a quota or something for character romance
>>
>>68193006
>It was originally written in the script over a year ago that Korra and Asami held hands as they walked into the spirit portal.

They had a FUCKING YEAR to write this shit and series 4 is what we got? What the fuck, I could maybe forgive them if this was a last minute job (it felt rushed as shit) but this was deliberately planned out. So why doesn't ANYTHING feel planned at all?
>>
>>68193006
Fucking hilarious.

That 'incompetent lesbian' image was right all along.

Damn, Legend of Korra is a piece of shit.
>>
File: latest.png (115KB, 333x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest.png
115KB, 333x250px
>>68193006
By Bryans own logic, Toph and Katara are gay
>>
>>68193162
I wouldn't even consider then close friends considering how little Asami impacted the plot in the grand scheme of things.

I'm betting that they hadn't decided on the final pairing until Nick cut their funding and they had to do that clip show. I think that's the point where they realized the only way they could save face was to be "revolutionary".
>>
A troll ending for an unsuccessful series.
>>
Oh oke. Now Korra is officially a closed case for me and I can board the ATLA comic hype train with a first class ticked. I really only cared if Korra would end up with Asami.
>>
File: carl stupid.gif (25KB, 267x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
carl stupid.gif
25KB, 267x200px
>>68193070
Using homosexuals as a marketing ploy so you can pretend to be "progressive" doesn't seem very flattering to the gay community. Bryke aren't treating gays equally here, they're treating them as an entertainment resource.
>>
>>68193184
No, they only act as if they saw it coming after it happened. Before the ending aired, they were the ones telling everyone how Korrasami has literally 0% chance of happening because Nick wouldn't allow it.
>>
File: 1419241198733.png (892KB, 1440x996px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419241198733.png
892KB, 1440x996px
>>68193194
>>
>>68193143
Amon was a faglord.
>>
>>68193195
I'd believe that more than Korra and Asami.
>>
>>68193006
>It's canon, 100% confirmed, where is your god now?
In heaven. Watching over us. Bestowing godly pairings on all mortals.
>>
File: 548975498543798.gif (683KB, 245x160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
548975498543798.gif
683KB, 245x160px
They did everything possible to spell it out for some of you retards. You would all take nothing scenes like this to mean something just because it's hetero, yet when Asami is literally the only person Korra has contact with for YEARS, it means nothing. Also Asami says the exact same stuff Mako said at an earlier time. Take off the hetero lenses faggots.
>>
>>68193195
>one strong friendship between 2 females developed into a romantic relationship
>by that logic, every friendship between 2 females must develop into romantic relationships

Let's not even mention that Katara and Toph didn't even like each other much as friends in the first place.
>>
>>68193226
>/pol/ has arrived
Oh fuck
>>
Beautiful ending and I haven't even seen this cartoon.
>>
>>68193231
but they had one episode where they had a girls night out, clearly they are gay
>>
File: klk.png (180KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
klk.png
180KB, 500x281px
What anime will they rip off next for their other failed projects?
>>
>>68193225
>You would all take nothing scenes like this to mean something just because it's hetero

I didn't, stop projecting.
>>
>>68193218
>>
>>68193225
>spell it out for some of
Problem is they just don't do anything an actual romantic couple would do like, you know show affection, human emotions towards each other or generally do ANYTHING to indicate they were above friends. Shit it was tricky to even call them that, the just seemed like comrades honestly.
>>
>>68193162
Just watch, once homosexual relationships in media become common, there will be no more friendships anymore. Nothing will be safe from the sexual tension.
>>
Assuming they can get enough investors together to do more Avatar universe series, have they said whether or not they're going to do the next series with a hero protagonist again instead of a girl? Avatar: Beach Volleyball was okay, but I'd rather have a real adventure for the next season.
>>
File: mans name.gif (389KB, 500x369px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mans name.gif
389KB, 500x369px
>>68193252
Hopefully Gundam.
They already made Haman Karn.
>>
All y'all motherfuckers on both sides of the argument chill the actual fuck out. You are projecting way too much importance on this whole affair. There is more to discuss about Korra outside of shipping, so just, y'know, take it easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fkbgR2Fswk
>>
>>68193218
And this is how Legend of Korra will be remembered, not as a good sequel of a good series, but a shit show about an incompetent homosexual.

BRAVO
R
Y
K
E
>>
>>68193195
There's probably more evidence for this, as well. Hell, Toph already kissed one girl, remember?.
>>
>>68193263
all i heard is that they would like to return to the series some day with a new avatar, depending on how long korra lives that could be a timeskip anywhere between 60 to 200 years
>>
>>68193231
They most definitely had better chemistry than Korra and Asami.
Because you bicker doesn't mean you don't like one another
>>
>>68193263
Nick owns the right's I believe, so they could revive the series. But the writers have said that's it- there are done with Avatar. ATLA comics are still going to happen, but anything Korra might not happen again. Really doubtful Nick will do anything anyway, considering how appalling LoK did.
>>
>>68193258
>Non-friends are the only people you have contact with for years while your family don't know if you're dead or alive
>>
How many threads are there going to be about this? There is basically no discussion about the series, just the last minute because lesbians.
>>
>>68193263
They've already said they aren't making more Avatar cartoons.
>>
>>68193225
>yet when Asami is literally the only person Korra has contact with for YEARS
I'm one of the people that acknowledges that this showed the growth of their relationship at the beginning of the season by why the hell did she only contact Asami?
It still seemed incredibly cheap because it could have been anybody but Asami was arbitrarily picked and now we're supposed to retroactively say: "Oh I guess it was because she loved her...maybe?"

There is no way to look at this that does not show that it was terribly written at best and shoehorned agenda pushing bullshit at worst.
>>
I want to see them scissoring.
>>
>>68193274
>There is more to discuss about Korra outside of shipping
It's a fucking shit show, there is nothing to discuss, literally.
>>
>>68193288
>But the writers have said that's it- there are done with Avatar.
Yeah, I'd assume they are, since they ran it into the ground about as hard as humanly possible.
>>
>>68193274
Nah, Korra is now Mass Effect 3. One or two good moments, surrounded by a whole lot of forgettable mediocrity and rushed low budget half assing, but none of that matters compared to the final 1% of the production.
>>
>>68193312
goddamn, it fits perfectly

literally the mass effect 3 of animation
>>
>>68193277
Yeah, by a handful of insignificant neckbeards like yourself. It was already critically more acclaimed as a show that tackled more mature themes in a more competent way than ATLA, before any of the whole lesbian thing even happened.
>>
>>68193312
So the lipstick lesbians ending was the "activate singalong mode" of it all?
>>
Why did Korra do so shittily ratings-wise after the first season? Is it because the quality of the show is really poor and the first season only did well off the steam of ATLA? Or was it because the changed the times from Saturday morning to Friday at night?
>>
File: 2ps3mm1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2ps3mm1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>68193277
She wasn't that incompetent by the end.

I think her competence increased by the same rate her heterosexuality declined.
Perhaps the two are related.
>>
>>68193252
The irony of that image is that KlK inspired a shit ton of butt rage when it turns out they weren't homosexuals/
>>
>>68193324
The novelty wore off and people realized what they were watching, I reckon.
>>
>>68193324
its because the show was shit

the highest ratings it ever got was the series premier and that was all because of avatar hype
>>
>>68193320
Landwhale detected.
>>
>>68193328
Their mom raped the gay out of them.
>>
>>68193324
a combination of nick going full retard and the first season being lackluster outside of the first few episodes
>>
>>68193328
because KLK wasnt tryharding garbage like Korra

it was tongue in cheek fun and fun to joke about
>>
>>68193320
I rate this bait - shit out of eight, try next time, mate.
>>
>>68193324
All of the above.
>>
>Aang is unambiguously crushing on Katara by the end of the pilot

>Sokka and Yue are starcrossed lovers after a week

>Sokka is making out with Suki on their second meeting

>Zuko and Mai hook up off screen

"This is fine"

>Korra and Asami decide to give romance a try after two seasons of growing closer

"OH MY GOD THERE WAS NO BUILD UP AT ALL WHAT HACKS"
>>
>>68193320

Fuck off to tumblr. Korra will be remembered the same way the SW prequel trilogy is remembered.

except for faggots like you who will flap your big greasy meaty fat vaginas at the lesbian ending because muh progressivness!

Fuck you, and fuck everyone like you for ruining every fucking industry you stick your ugly fat nose in!
>>
>>68193352
I don't think the Korrasami thing was that bad. People are overreacting as always.
>>
>>68193346
or you know, because the show was shit

cant blame nick for the bad writing

Korra aired the exact same time on fridays as ATLA and it still managed to get worse ratings than spongebob reruns

season 1 on the other hand on saturday morning did good because it was saturday morning, but a multi million dollar show doesnt make a profit on saturday mornings
>>
File: 1404399634942.jpg (406KB, 1240x1598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404399634942.jpg
406KB, 1240x1598px
>>68193328
Meh, the show weaseled out on doing anything with the characters one way or the other.
Because frankly if I were Mako, I'd have a hard time choosing between Gamagori and Ryuko.
They're both made for tender loving.
>>
>>68193352
Might have something to do with the fact that they were both straight women.
>>
>>68193352
i'm pretty sure a lot of people criticized the shitty romance in atla too

the reason why korra got more flack was because the writers had fewer episodes to work with and were wasting it on subplots that didn't need to exist
>>
>>68193352
That's kind how crushing works.

Teenagers are horny.

I will give you the Sokka/Yue thing, however.
>>
>>68193352
>>Zuko and Mai hook up off screen
I dunno man. From Mai's first appearance, there was ship bait with her and Zuko. One of the things Ty Lee even says to convince her to join them is "Maybe you'll see Zuko again".

Honestly their relationship was probably the most realistically written one, if for no other fact than they had dumb teenage fights like "why are you talking to this guy at a party?!"
>>
>>68193380

now imagine what you'd be saying if Azula were the one hunting the avatar, Zuko were the one collecting Mai and Ty Lee, and Mai hooked up with Azula off screen between seasons 1 and 2

would you be responding the same way if roles were switched thusly? I fucking doubt it
>>
>>68193070
>see check out how progressive we are
>those 10 seconds of handholding at the end sure were groudbreaking and pushing the medium forward right?
>pls give emmy
>>
>>68193328

>weren't homosexuals

Where was that established? They were gay as fuck, the whole show is so dipped in lesbian analogies it's not even subtle.
>>
>>68193339
No, I'm a straight man who is annoyed that the very natural thing of being attracted to two hot girls being in a romantic relationship with each other is being demonized by woman hating cocksuckers such as yourself all in the name of fighting the SJW boogeyman. Straight men being into lipstick lesbians predates both tumblr and 4chan by a good bit, my homosexual friend.

Ironically, your only ally on this matter ARE legbeards who are mad that hot lesbians got the spotlight instead of whatever disgusting male faggot ship they were on.
>>
>LOK season 3 1080p nowhere to be found
>yet there's 1080p of season 4

What the fuck? Is there literally no 1080p of season 3 out there?
>>
>>68193374
>i'm pretty sure a lot of people criticized the shitty romance in atla too

not nearly to this extent

most of the vitriol and anger was directed at ships criticizing other ships
>>
>some people were saying the couple wasnt just a shield from criticism
>its literally all it is, even confirmed as a shield by Bryke themselves
Laughs were had.
Told ya.
>>
>>68193342
>>68193347
Oh, I know. But I wanted to remark on the irony of using that image. Tumblrites and /u/fags were damn mad about it.

Their tears were delicious. I had hoped this would go the same route.

Instead it's just shit that'll be remarkable because the creators decided for last minute lesbians.

>>68193352
>Aang is unambiguously crushing on Katara by the end of the pilot
He's twelve and was just defrosted by a cute girl, after living in what I'd imagine was a pretty highly masculine environment that was the air nomad temple. It made sense, and his crush progressed as he grew older and got to know more about her.
>Sokka and Yue are starcrossed lovers after a week
I'll give you that. It was pretty forced.

The big different here was that Yue was a one off character that only appeared very briefly. Asami was a sort of constant throughout the entire show and half of her screentime was about wanting Mako's dick.

It doesn't make sense and wasn't clearly explained why she'd suddenly getting a hankering for carpet and why Korra would be the one she'd want to munch.
>>
File: 1396717773422.png (210KB, 381x379px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396717773422.png
210KB, 381x379px
>Creator takes the time to explain that a ship is canon with a hugeass blogpost on tumblr

BRUH

To pull it out of your ass to get in good with them is one thing. Fine okay. Didn't expect much of you in the first place after the first 2 seasons.

To be all "OH YEAH THEY'RE TOTES LESBIANS AND HERE'S WHY" to drive it home actually gets to me a bit.

Anyone who doesn't think this is blatant pandering is sorely fooling themselves

Go find a better lesbian couple to care about. and a better show at that. I recommend Dofus.
>>
>>68193396

>"Is this a slam dunk for queer representation? Not really."

You left out the part where they said they could have done better.
>>
>>68193399
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>68193109
How? This is literally the future they warned us about. All the /pol/tards said>>68193070
would happen and we brushed them off.

They were right and we didn't listen.
>>
>>68193402
I watched Season 3 on this Anime Haven site, and those vids were 1080p.
It stands to reason there must be some 1080p torrents out there too.
>>
>>68193399
>it's not subtle
It's just shitty fanservice. Western and Eastern sensibilities are completely different. A single scene like the ending of LoK is more meaningful than anime girls fingering each other.
>>
>>68193421
>acting modest to not come off as a dick changes what they did

SJW tards are literally mentally deficient.
>>
>>68193163

If you actually read the post, it was not planned all along. Makorra was the end game when they only had one season. After they got extended they figured that couple wouldn't work and they made it clear at the end of season 2. They kicked around the idea of Korrasami after that, and them decided that was the direction they wanted to go, building their relationship in seasons 3 and 4.
>>
>>68193070
>/pol/ was right

You sound surprised.
>>
>>68193070
Why didn't we listen
>>
>>68193440
But everyone told me /poll/ was a bunch of edgy teenagers with conspiracy theories that I should laugh at
>>
>>68193399
>the whole show is so dipped in lesbian analogies it's not even subtle
Which is why everyone was so upset that nobody bumped clams in the end
>>
>>68193393
Are all the scenes the same, just with Zuko and Azula switched, or just the ones you mentioned?
Because if EVERYTHING else was the same, up to and including the whole implied sex scene and Mai helping Azula escape from prison, I wouldn't complain.

If Azula was a lesbian under those circumstances it'd be fine. But I'm also assuming it'd require a lot of personality rewrites because as she is now it's hard to picture her as capable of loving another person.
>>
>>68193419
>He's twelve and was just defrosted by a cute girl, after living in what I'd imagine was a pretty highly masculine environment that was the air nomad temple. It made sense, and his crush progressed as he grew older and got to know more about her.

and Korra is a bisexual lady in her late teens. Not seeing how this is different.

>Asami was a sort of constant throughout the entire show and half of her screentime was about wanting Mako's dick.

B I S E X U A L S E X I S T
>>
>>68193400
>No, I'm a straight man who is annoyed that the very natural thing of being attracted to two hot girls being in a romantic relationship with each other is being demonized by woman hating cocksuckers
You're killing me, man. Once you've encountered real lesbians, you'll want nothing to do with them. Fucking trust a man who flew too close to the sun and had his dick melted.

You want Sakura Trick. You get Moon Over June. Life's a bitch.
>>
>>68193117

... Did you watch season 3? They were together and building up a relationship for the majority of it.
>>
>>68193447
Well, yeah, they are.
>>
>>68193431
The fact that you think that is completely laughable.
The ending of Korra is not deep or meaningful. It's vapid fanservice.
>>
Are we seriously still dealing with this shit storm?

Who cares? Really? I kinda wish they had just done a Korra Forever Alone ending because I don't think she needed a romantic interest but seriously it really doesn't matter this much
>>
File: 1360983275535.png (88KB, 193x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1360983275535.png
88KB, 193x200px
Imagine a world where Bryan isn't such a fucking hack
>>
>>68193428
But there aren't. That's the problem.

Fuck I want to watch season 3 so bad.
>>
>>68193400
Are you okay? I never said anything against your cartoon relationship, but calling it a critically acclaimed show that maturely tackled shows is hilarious. It was okay but not as good as ATLA and further still from perfect.
>>
>>68193464
>but seriously it really doesn't matter this much
You could say that about this entire board.
Don't take things so seriously.
Get lost in the mindless shit flinging and have some fun.
>>
>>68193312
I know I don't drink as much haterade as everyone else on 4chan, but do people really hate ME3? Apart from the ending I thought it was awesome.
>>
I love how this faggot goes out of hiw way to make giant blog posts and be public, but doesnt make anyway for your voice to be heard because he has no comment section or ask box

>>68193464
it has nothing to do with the outcome, it has to do with shitty writing and a gimmick ending to avoid criticism and garnish undeserved praise

Bryke are hack frauds
>>
It's over.
>>
Other than the desire for more porn to come as a result of this development, I'm indifferent.
>>
>>68193327

How so? Her incompetence increased in book 4 because the plot decided she couldn't be allowed to do anything right.

The one time she got to shine was against Kuvira, and that fight was pointless because Mako blew the Mech anyway.
>>
File: 1369156816573.gif (34KB, 972x1098px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369156816573.gif
34KB, 972x1098px
>>68193070
They are literally calling people criticizing the writing homophbic, vitriolic bigots who only see things through a "hetero lens".

Hetero lens.

And here I was telling /pol/ to fuck off with their boogeymen and persecution complex
>>
>>68193420
I think its just more confirmation they're bad writers. If you need to actually take the time post-script to explain something, you've failed on a fundamental level.
>>
Look on the bright side if they another season we won't need to deal with any annoying kids from team Uhvatar
>>
>>68193463
It's meaningful because it portrays characters as real lesbians/bisexuals.
>>
File: 1418762727175.gif (538KB, 245x320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418762727175.gif
538KB, 245x320px
>>68193460
>pol raid
don't worry about it

>>68193466
>Korra done without a team
>just her going around learning about the new world
>visit the fire nation
>only spend a few episodes in Rep city instead of all the fucking time
>fantasy world-building instead of love triangles
It could have been so beautiful
>>
>>68193435

do you assume everyone is throwing some kind of smokescreen in their face like this? I can guarantee you Bryke are getting just as much flack slung their way as they are praise so I don't know what you think they have to gain by this
>>
>>68193474
Compared to the other 2?
It's fucking garbage
>>
>>68193451
>and Korra is a bisexual lady in her late teens. Not seeing how this is different.
The difference was that Aang was wanting that water tribe pussy since the first fucking episode. You didn't have just friendly moments that built up to the kiss at the end. That's not how most relationships work, you don't gain enough friendship levels to achieve the Romantic Partner class.

No, from the get go Aang wanted to make it romantic. You are a dirty fucking liar if you're telling me that from early on Asami wanted romance with Korra.

Like it, hate it, whatever, but don't fucking lie to me and say it wasn't pulled straight out of the writer's ass at the last moment.
>>
>>68193475

>Tumblr
>comment section
>>
File: 1412113305952.png (279KB, 622x470px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412113305952.png
279KB, 622x470px
>>68193070
it is almost TOO convenient that /pol/ is going under 24/7 raids right now and is unusable right as this shit happens, because this is the sort of shit that gives them nightmares. it has to have been preplanned, we already have learned that certain creators (bryke, autism time people) grease moots pockets to get special board privileges here..
>>
>>68193483
>And here I was telling /pol/ to fuck off with their boogeymen and persecution complex
Nothing redpills better than reality.
>>
>>68193453
>You're killing me, man. Once you've encountered real lesbians, you'll want nothing to do with them.

I know real lesbians are for the most part disgusting and I don't give the slightest shit about them. How is that even remotely relevant to the topic at hand? Korra and Asami are 2D lesbians from a cartoon.
>>
>>68193447
They also start a lot of cults.
>>
>>68193420
Yeah that's the worst thing.

I wish people would stop treating things like this as such a huge deal because it's that kind of response that causes assumptions that it was only done for the sake of pandering and generating free publicity.
>>
>>68193496
you can post replies on other peoples posts if they allow it
>>
>>68193480
>How so? Her incompetence increased in book 4 because the plot decided she couldn't be allowed to do anything right.

"I don't understand physical or mental illness"
>>
>>68193488
Raid?
Who's raiding?
I saw like 6 posts and most were obviously from one guy.
Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>68193280
>>68193325
>>68193337
>>68193262
>>68193251
>>68193424
>>68193362
>>68193384
>>68193425
>>68193299
test
>>
>>68193500

Shouldn't you stick to your tumblr echo-chamber you fucking faggot?
>>
>>68193486
>it's not vapid hollow fanservice when it panders to me
>it's not fanservice if the west does it
Loving every laugh. Keep on trucking.
>>
>>68193373
>muh heterosexuality
Bisexuality is a thing, you know.
>>
>>68193475
or your just using an ending you disliked as excuse to criticize the show

I'm not gonna say Korra was great, it had alot of problems, but I don't actually believe that this ending was done to pander to fan to get them to ignore other problems. If you wanna talk about the problems talk about the problems don't claim the ending you dislike is bad because its pandering and they are now hacks
>>
>>68193489
if you do a google news search for Korra, the media is lavishing them with praise for being brave, groundbreaking, and progressive.

They are getting so much attention and recognition for this, the show is getting undeserving praise and will obviously get Emmys and other awards which it wouldn't have gotten if it didn't have this little 20 second scene at the end. Korra is getting all this attention that it wouldn't have before.

It's 2014, not 1950. Don't you dare try to pretend that there isn't nothing but positives to gain for Bryke by doing this.
>>
>>68193513
The ending is a smokescreen and it is working.
>>
>explain how /pol/ doesn't care about other boards except to laugh at them and people that come to /pol/ to /r/ raids either get ignored or told to fuck off
>post gets deleted
Gotta have that bogeyman complex
>>
>>68193488
>muh fire nation
>muh world building

You put the sissy in ciscum
>>
>>68193497
>cute bisexual girls gives them nightmares

Why are /pol/ such homos?
>>
>>68193495

are you seriously implying romance only occurs based on immediate romantic attraction? That someone can't know someone and then fall for them sometime later?

fucking SERIOUSLY? My parents were close friends ten years before hooking up. They didn't feel attracted to one another immediately, or even halfway into things. They weren't pining over each for years either.
>>
>>68193519
Perhaps you should just quit with the metaposting and start talking about the actual show.
>>
>>68193513
Then you're a delusional fanboy

This shit could not be anymore obvious that it was tacked on

Reminder everyone, Season 1, the CANON ending of the entire series ends with Mako and Korra together

THAT was the true ending to the entire series before they got more seasons
>>
AAHHHHHHHH FUCK I WANT TO WATCH SEASON 3 BUT THERES NO 1080P
>>
>>68193352

Sokka spent every moment Yue was onscreen crushing on her.

Korra spent about half the time Asami was onscreen lusting for Mako cock, and the other half simply hanging around without really showing any interest until the final 5 seconds.
>>
>>68193505
She wouldn't suffer those illnesses if she was more competent.
>>
>>68193512
Yes it is, but the characters never really expressed that in any meaningful way. Just diagnosing them as "bi" still leaves a shitton of questions, like when exactly did Korra and Assmi figure out they were both gay? And attracted to one another?

>>68193521
There a million other works with the focus being gay and love triangles. Only one Avatar universe (although that's probably an exaggeration).
>>
>>68193519
>/pol/ doesn't care about other boards
>>>/pol/402624288
>>
File: Kenpachi Grin.jpg (88KB, 754x670px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kenpachi Grin.jpg
88KB, 754x670px
Still feels good! Everyone who hates it can go fuck themselves!
>>
>>68193499
And they're both shitty people participating in a forced relationship. If you just want to beat it, read yuri, where forced romantic plots that end in gay sex is the point.
>>
why is everyone raging about something normal?
>>
>>68193505

I understand poorly handled plot nerfing under the guise of mental illness. I understand pathetic jobbing failing to even make her opponent look good.
>>
>>68193516
I'm mean its not like the media and award shows haven't praised really dumb stuff before when its being "bond and edgy" by which I think we all know they are just doing the bare minimum to be a decent show now a days
>>
File: 1417555866744.gif (343KB, 450x329px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417555866744.gif
343KB, 450x329px
Eh. Just a shitty capstone for a mediocre series.

Funny how people are trying to act like this is some huge step or something, when Asami is one of if not the most underdeveloped character in the entire series, and their 'relationship' is laughably contrived.

Does go to show how far things have fallen when creators are actively pandering to the shippers.

Won't stop me jerking off to it though.
>>
>>68193511
You don't understand. I'm saying that two girls looking at each other's eyes is more meaningful in Western world than two girls fingering each other in anime.
You call it pandering. Yeah, whatever. But both pander to a completely different crowd.
>>
>>68193527
What's there to talk about. It was an average show at best and the ending was clearly EA levels of damage control
>>
>>68193545
>shitty cartoons are normal
I mean I guess, don't really want to admit that though
>>
>>68193474
If you completely ignore the ending Mass Effect 3 was a rushed and troubled production that got fucked over by EA something hardcore. It's playable, but not up to the quality of the previous installments and had a lot of moments that grated on long time fans.

Like for example, there's the way the conversation mechanics got changed. In 1 and 2 you could talk to your crew and choose what you wanted to ask them and get more information. In 3, those conversations are "agree with x" or "agree with y"; no middle route, no more info.

Then there's the on disc DLC of Javik, which meant unless you were willing to pay extra you missed out on a lot, Beef Flanksteak rather than any of the long term mainstays, textures being poorly reused to the point that they're mapped to things backwards in some places, Liara being shoved down your throat regardless of whether or not you romance her, time and resources spent on poorly digitizing Jessica Chobot, while Tali's reveal can't even manage to match up to fan art in quality, bugs out the wazoo like the engineering bay duo somehow not talking unless you saved Ashley all the way back in part one.

It was a mess, ending aside. And rather than admit as such, they played the "If you hate this game you're entitled and probably a homophobe" card.
>>
File: 1332677692512.png (18KB, 560x407px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1332677692512.png
18KB, 560x407px
>>68193542
Not as many people would hate it if Bryan's writing wasn't an absolute joke.
>>
>>68193535
>when exactly did Korra and Assmi figure out they were both gay?

This annoys me the most, since she AND Asami turn bi at the same time, as if sexuality is that fluid and all the gays/bi are getting beaten up because it's their choice. As if spending time with your friends makes you interested in them sexually.

It's like if, I don't know, Goku hooked up with Vegeta out of the blue despite all the previous relationships and calling all bonding moments more than platonic.
>>
>>68193540
Remove the last number.
>>>/pol/40262428
>>
>>68193533
>and the other half simply hanging around without really showing any interest until the final 5 seconds.

you didn't watch seasons 3 or 4, then
>>
>>68193556
Then just don't post, it's that easy.
>>
File: 1352236403298.png (272KB, 594x404px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1352236403298.png
272KB, 594x404px
>>68193070
>people who criticize Korra are literally homophobic bigots according to Bryke

Directly from Bryke. I can't even use hyperbole for this shit. I can't fathom it. This is written by Brian himself. I thought the people saying they were going to use it to attack those criticizing the series were just trolling, or paranoid retard /pol/tards.

This is actually written by Brian and Mike. I'm a homophobic hateful person who only sees things with a hetero lens for criticizing TLoK now.

What the fuck. How is this real.
>>
>>68193534

wow. now we have victim blaming. You're a real mess, aren't you?

>in b4 "sjw scum" or whatever
>>
>>68193540
Sir, I think your link needs to see a doctor
>>
>>68193526
No, I'm implying that you need to actually fucking build it up if you want payoff. That "evidence" that keeps getting cited? That can and was easily interpreted as platonic. There was no fucking way you could interpret Aang's desire to harpoon him some mystic water pussy as platonic,
>>
>>68193284
On the cheek...for saving her life.
>>
>>68193070
>>Sadly and unsurprisingly, there are also plenty of people who have lashed out with homophobic vitriol and nonsense.

and those fuck jumped on the train by creating even more fuzz. i so liked the first avatar for being nice relationship between girls and boys. and now its just fucking shit.
>>
>>68193563
>as if sexuality is that fluid
It is. In woman. There are studies about this.
>>
>>68193162
>Almost 2015
>Not sleeping with all of your close friends irrespective of their gender

how can you claim to know somebody when you haven't experienced their body up close
>>
>>68193516
>if you do a google news search for Korra, the media is lavishing them with praise for being brave, groundbreaking, and progressive.
That's been the case since the first production image, where her back was to the viewer. The media was going "She's brown! And look at those back muscles! Show of the millennium!"

And /co/ was right there with them, until the show actually started and she spent more time doing relationship bullshit and probending than being the badass we all wanted.

Korra was never going to be as good as we imagined it.
>>
>>68193530
I'm sorry what? I'm delusional when you insist that we ignore 3 seasons of canon?

Even if Makorra was the "original" end game, it was terrible. Did you watch season 1? it was literally the worst written romance I had ever seen. I would go as far as to say season 1 was the worst written season of them all. Literal no one was being characterized consistently between episodes, and the extent of all romance was I see so now I love you
>>
>>68193554
>a watered-down anime-wannabe like Korra doesnt pander to weebs as well
Just how more deluded can you get?
>>
>>68193542
>getting this excited over shit because it promotes your agenda
this is why people hate you
>>
>>68193601
That's how every single 4chan user thinks tho.
>>
File: 1417445196322.jpg (230KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417445196322.jpg
230KB, 1600x1200px
>>68193497
>it has to have been preplanned
>/pol/ actually, genuinely, and unironically believes this
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>68193006
I'm glad that they're female because if it were two guys they wouldn't be able to get away with it. The only way someone can surpass Bryke now is to put rape in a child's cartoon now.
>>
>>68193586
Mistakenly.
>>
File: 1380639746059.jpg (30KB, 227x236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380639746059.jpg
30KB, 227x236px
>>68193006
>Creators using fan-made shipping terms like "korrasami" and "makorra"

Still makes me cringe.
>>
>>68193564
Did you even go to that thread? Half of it is porn and the rest is people saying not to fall for shitty bait.
>>
>>68193609
Thats a cute strawman by the actual definition.
>>
>>68193597

I'd prefer the worst written romance to one that wasn't even written at all.
>>
>>68193582
>That can and was easily interpreted as platonic.

look man

the word I'm going to use is gonna make you angry, but this is the fucking truth, so

That's because of heteronormativity.

Imagine if either Asami or Korra were a dude. NONE OF YOU would be saying that this could "easily be interpreted as platonic", you'd be cheering that such a supportive and dedicated waifu was endgame
>>
File: padme-birth-death.jpg (53KB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
padme-birth-death.jpg
53KB, 480x270px
Korras heterosexuality died during child birth because..... it lacked the will to live

Bravo Bryke

Poetry general
>>
>>68193577
Rainbow Shield Activate!
>>
>>68193535
>but the characters never really expressed that in any meaningful way
Watch it again.
>>
>>68193598
It shows them as real lesbians and not a cheap erotic fetish for otaku.
There aren't any lesbians or romance in Kill la Kill.
>>
File: 1410387775768.jpg (121KB, 907x881px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410387775768.jpg
121KB, 907x881px
Good this thread sucks, Korrasami being canon has kinda ruined Korrasami. Now that all the conservetards and hetfags are on some kind of warpath with dumblr, you can't even have a peaceful milk & chocolate lesbian thread anymore.
>>
File: 15-0028.jpg (11KB, 310x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
15-0028.jpg
11KB, 310x230px
>>68193496
this is the inherent flaw in that website in that you cannot get a good idea on what people are really saying with 90,000 fanbot likes. these two ovendodgers would not appear here and they even fear plebbit because even the kid gloves there would be too rough for them. this is what a hugbox looks like, they actually believe this bullshit rhetoric they spew because positive feedback is all they get from the tumblr echochamber.
>>
>>68193611
/pol/ doesn't care about a cartoon. Everyone knows /pol/ was die because of Moot
>>
File: 1417725380681.gif (77KB, 774x690px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417725380681.gif
77KB, 774x690px
>>68193577
>I'm a homophobic hateful person who only sees things with a hetero lens for criticizing TLoK now.
I'm glad you've accepted it, /pol/.
>>
>>68193578
>someone slams their head into a wall multiple times and gets a major concussion
"Gee you're pretty fucking retarded."
Statement of fact.
>Korra does stupid shit repeaedly that leads to her own injury and many much worse things
"Gee you're pretty fucking retarded."
VICTIM BLAMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>68193497
I think the korrasami ending was straight up face-saving, but you cannot be this insane.
>>
>>68193614
> mfw more creators start pandering to shippers and fanboys after this.

This is how cartoons die. Same way as Anime.
>>
>>68193624
>Imagine if either Asami or Korra were a dude
At what point were Asami and Korra trapped in a cave literally called "The Cave of Two Lovers" and one suggested they kiss in order to find their way out?

Was that in book 2? Because I skipped most of book 2.
>>
>>68193091
it's the internet. not hard to believe they've seen some
>homophobic vitriol and nonsense.
>>
>>68193646
Time to go back to Cripple-chan.
>>
>not being able to create a lesbian couple in a children cartoon without creating a shitstorm
Git gud
>>
>>68193071
how so?
>>
>>68193634

>expecting creators to appear on 4chan

are you fucking moronic

it's happened but nowhere near enough to be the norm, and with something as notorious as Korra, it'd be a massive shit storm

just read the fucking tags. you'll find just as many people angry as ecstatic about this shit
>>
>>68193620
No, it's how this website actually works. Everyone gets excited about shit that flows their way and gets mad when the opposite happens, even if the opposite is not something that actually damages it. It's the only way you could explain this website's indiscriminate hateboner for the rest of the internet. Shit, it's always been like that. I remember in 2008 when there was a massive shitstorm on /g/ because of something Stallman said that was slightly different from what they wanted. This website is full of retards, there's really no other way of putting it. I'm one of them unfortunately, and I'm stuck here with the rest of them, but there's no need to try and act superior by spouting the buzzword of the week or logical fallacies' names in attempt to fit in.
>>
File: 1419280820184.jpg (100KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419280820184.jpg
100KB, 1278x1181px
>>68193651
>I'm too dumb to understand subtlety
Like a true Gamergoober.
>>
>>68193630
>and not a cheap erotic fetish for otaku
>the immense amount of fetish art that got produced
>he actually thinks there's a difference
At this point I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're baiting, which you got me well.
>theres no romance in KLK
Thank God it was a coming of age History with a side of revenge and letting the past go. It didnt need that shit.
>>
>>68193085
Yeah fuck them for not having Korra end up with a man
>>
>>68193657
does this really count? I mean other then a few /co/mrades and some french people who even knows about this show?
>>
>>68193646

>Korra does stupid shit repeatedly that leads to her own injury

right

cuz it was Korra who kidnapped the fucking airbenders and shoved platinum in through her pores
>>
>>68193661
>are you fucking moronic
It happened with the horse fuckers.
>>
>>68193656
>preemptively mocks other people for saying "SJW scum"
>doesn't hesitate to use the SJW equivalent
Good job
10/10 argument.
I hope you never wonder why nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>68193661
alex hirsch browses /gfg/ even was cool with us calling him a jew and /co/ mod shut him down because hirsch didnt want to pay moot "general tax".
>>
>>68193114
what made is shit?
>>
>>68193624
True, there'd be less bitching about it. It'd just be a shitty romance instead of a shitty homosexual romance.

The thing is, though it'd still be shitty. It'd still be last minute, and it'd still be dumb. But now with the carpet munching icing on this fuckcake, they made it EVEN FUCKING DUMBER.

>>68193563

Look at that. It's even more retarded because now we are no longer just dealing with a dumb and last minute romance, but one that requires breaking from the "heteronormalty". You need to talk about this shit, to explain it. You need to make it clear if you want to pull this.

They didn't.

And furthermore, fuck off with your "hetero lens" shit. We'd be calling the scenes arguably platonic even if one of them was sporting a five foot cock.
>>
Enough arguing, more homolust.
>>
File: 1378764884759.png (48KB, 565x528px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378764884759.png
48KB, 565x528px
>>68193670
One show. One show does this, and look at them all whine like manbabies about it. The only way to sate them is if every show only has men ending up with women.
>>
>>68193664
You were saying that there was just as much hinting at Korrasami as there was Kataang. But Kataang wasn't subtle, so if Korrasami is, then there wasn't as much hinting, hetereonormative lens or no lens.

Either the amount of shipbait was equal or it wasn't. You can't have it both ways, so now you're just trying to reaction image me.
>>
>>68193565

>They wrote one letter to each other talking about unrelated shit!
>They complimented each other's hair!
>That was proof, people!

>>68193577
Funny thing is a lot of people on tumblr are mad at him for that comment because the setup for Korrasami was practically not there.
>>
>>68193680
>>68193677

well gee since both those situations were handled sooooo well
>>
>>68193679
Is Hotwheels-chan down or something? Oh wait, it always sucks, doesn't it?
>>
>>68193294
The way I see it is this. Korra wanted to be wanted. Everyone kept telling her that they have everything covered that they wouldn't need her. Korras whole thing was being the avatar it was being wanted being useful but know all her friends are leaving her behind. All but Asami. She was the first one to be there for Korra and make feel as though she still mattered. I think that had a big part to do with them becoming close. Asami more than likely spent most of her day with Korra if she wasn't rebuilding the city. So safe to assume they really got to know each other. But because each season was 12 episodes they couldn't actually show that. It would be up to the viewer to understand that. But this is myMySpace cents on the matter.
>>
>>68193657
This is a French cartoon. They are all perverts and pedos.
>>
>>68193630
>>68193666
>There aren't any lesbians in KLK
Sweet jesus, the show literally ends with them going on a date. You don't even have Korra's excuse of the characters previously dating a guy. How deep in denial do you have to be?
>>
>>68193624
>Imagine if either Asami or Korra were a dude.

let me review what we have. the strong independent little girl ended in many divorces and children hating her with such passion. what does it says to you? Toph as heterosexual is a failure. the right way for such people is go right into homosexuality as the only way. now to the adults: all marriages of the heroes ended in failures. they got divorced or even failed simple Friendships. there are only 2 relative accomplished relationships: the son of Avatar married with absolutely devote female. and Koras Parents living traditional watertight ways.
Even the lesbbro thing of Kora is like "ohh look we failed relationship with boys by behaving as bitches so lets go together on lesbro trip to completely another world."

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
>>
Honestly it's kind of sexist that Korra HAS to end up with someone at all. A woman doesn't NEED to be in a relationship to have a happy ending.
>>
>>68193624
Yeah, because literally everyone on /co/ supported Makorra because they are evil heteronormatives
>>
>>68193624
>Imagine if either Asami or Korra were a dude. NONE OF YOU would be saying that this could "easily be interpreted as platonic"

Yes I could? Korra had more romantic interaction with fucking BOLIN than with Asami.
>>
>But this particular decision wasn’t only done for us. We did it for all our queer friends, family, and colleagues.
This is the age of using a minority as a shield, just pick one and hide behind it, you will gain +100 resistence to critical thinking.
>>
>>68193702
so deep he probably still posts on the Gamergate hashtag
>>
>>68193153
But that time spend together was what built up to their romantic relationship.
>>
>>68193676
No the metal (not platinum by the way) being injected in her was not her fault but her capture was.
>>
>>68193702
Meaningless. No one takes their date seriously, and Mako was barely a character.
>>
>>68193707
I would have prefered that she didn't hook up with anyone at all, this just felt like a decision made mid-season because she had to fuck someone
>>
How to make a "successful critically acclaimed" cartoon

1. Use a beloved franchise
2. Focus on aesthetics over writing
3. Make a "controversial" ending to generate buzz and avoid criticisms
>>
File: Grasping at Straws.jpg (52KB, 493x467px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Grasping at Straws.jpg
52KB, 493x467px
>>68193707
>Honestly it's kind of sexist that Korra HAS to end up with someone at all.
>>
>>68193702
Nah man he is right. after all Ryuko was half human half clothing so she doesn't really count as a girl anyway

Problem solved

Also Korra is like part human part spirit of all good, part every other avatar, so does she really count as a girl?
>>
>>68193722
He was more of a character than Asami.
>>
B
BT
BTF
BTFO
BTF
BT
B
>>
>>68193702
>Sweet jesus, the show literally ends with them going on a date.
Yes, using the japanese platonic term that is more equivalent to "hang out". And with Ryouko's sister.

TOTALLY 100% FAGS GUYS MAKES IT EASIER TO FAP TO.
>>
http://xrhiax.tumblr.com/post/105920444264/sorry-guys-this-is-a-really-long-post-basically
http://xrhiax.tumblr.com/post/105920444264/sorry-guys-this-is-a-really-long-post-basically
http://xrhiax.tumblr.com/post/105920444264/sorry-guys-this-is-a-really-long-post-basically

To think even tumblr whales can clearly and concisely explain why Korrasami was badly handled.
>>
>>68193725
That's what happened with Frozen, right?
>>
>>68193727
It's not really grasping at straws since I hated the fact that they had to inject relationship drama into the series as early as Book 1.

Just have her be a bro that loves fighting instead of dating and all bullshit about who's kissing who. That would've been cool.
>>
>>68193664
>subtlety

And here's the big skunk

No matter the outcome, the general opinion of Bryan is that he's still unbelievably terrible at writing
He wouldn't know subtle if it held his hand into the spirit realm
>>
>>68193729
No. Mako was a shitty comic relief and didn't even act like a human being.
>>
>>68193684
>But now with the carpet munching icing on this fuckcake, they made it EVEN FUCKING DUMBER.

how?

how does it make it dumber?

I don't even think it makes it dumber, but the fact you phrased it like this shows the flaws in your argument like this. Bisexuality is normal. Homosexuality is normal. Your comment reeks of the implication that queer romances have to work twice as hard to be "justified" as heterosexual ones.

they don't NEED to justify Korra and Asami's relationship because they're bi. They like boys and girls. They stopped being attracted to Mako and became attracted to one another. Because this happens and you don't need to be lusting for someone's genitals from meeting them to fall in love with this later; this happens in real life.

but let's be real here. The whole series could be dedicated to Korrasami and you fucks would call it pandering.
>>
>>68193702
>Date
It's more a "girl's night out" kind of thing.
>>
File: 1392431394581.jpg (28KB, 429x399px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392431394581.jpg
28KB, 429x399px
>>68193688

Most people are just annoyed because they see it as a ploy to deflect criticism from the mediocre ending to a 6/10 series that is somehow being praised despite its mediocrity.

Most people don't care about the lesbians, they care that it wasn't built up nearly as much as most romances in most shows like this are, and the subsequent 'well ur just a homophobe' nonsense the creator is espousing.

But yeah manbabbies, those who want actual well written characters and arcs are poopy dumb dumbs.
>>
>>68193707
I agree, but lets be honest these fucking writers would never be on board with Korra Forever Alone they are too big into shipping
>>
>>68193693
A lot of people on tumblr are mad because they've formed this monolithic vision of HOW HOMOSEXUALITY should be based on their interaction in the echo chamber and it really pisses them off when the world doesn't conform to their narrowmindedness.
>>
>>68193747
That was Bolin. I can understand how to can confuse the two.
>>
File: korra 2.0.png (875KB, 548x2149px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
korra 2.0.png
875KB, 548x2149px
>>
>>68193739
Must be a Gabergoomer.

>>68193745
He just gave you subtle and you wanted Cave of Love. You're really reaching this time.
>>
File: korratears.png (839KB, 600x8087px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
korratears.png
839KB, 600x8087px
>>
File: Salar_Uyuni_au01.jpg (219KB, 856x642px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Salar_Uyuni_au01.jpg
219KB, 856x642px
Motherfucker is really pulling the "our story isn't bad, youre homophobe card".

I would love a Korra-Asami day out the same way Poison Ivy and Harley had in Batman the animated series, two characters with very different views working together, and in Korra case, getting in love. But no, all you get is offscreen interaction, just like every other important thing in the show. Because Opal-Bolin drama is so much important, didn't you see them in the finale?

FUCK THIS FUCKING SHOW ARGAAGHA FUCK NICKELODEON FUCK BRYKE
>>
>>68193741
Holy shit you're right. We're in the new Frozen general. Bail out guys, Bail out.
>>
>>68193700
>but know all her friends are leaving her behind. All but Asami.
It was the opposite. Korra left all of her friends (and family) behind.
>She was the first one to be there for Korra and make feel as though she still mattered
Korra contacted Asami first and made her promise not to tell anyone about where she was or what she was doing. Anybody could have played Asami's part in Korra's 6 month emo adventure around the world but Asami was picked because ???????
>>
>>68193725
exactly. i was hopping they will do something new and good and instead we got some low standard shit of today hipster culture. Sokkas falling in love with the Moon was more interesting than all the relationship they pulled off in the Kora books together.
>>
>>68193747
>>68193760
I think were starting to confused Kill La Kill and Korra guys
>>
File: 1339315775427.jpg (40KB, 941x765px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1339315775427.jpg
40KB, 941x765px
>>68193753
>Most people don't care about the lesbians
This thread directly contradicts all your points.
>>
Why does that one person (I'm assuming it's only one person) keep bringing up gamergate in this thread?
>>
>>68193708
NOBODY on /co/ supported Makorra until Friday morning. It was the single most reviled ship I've ever seen on this board and look at it now
>>
>>68193760
I'm talking about Kill la Kill.
>>
File: 1403725319805.png (168KB, 500x458px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403725319805.png
168KB, 500x458px
>>68193739
>has a Makorra icon
>Totally unbiased, you guise!
>>
>>68193764
You didn't even reply to the same guy, genius.
It's not subtle at all. It's just bad writing. If it was subtle then they wouldn't have to make a fuckhuge blog to clarify it now would they?
>>
>>68193753

>Most people are just annoyed because they see it as a ploy to deflect criticism from the mediocre ending to a 6/10 series that is somehow being praised despite its mediocrity.

because they're wearing tinfoil hats

>"most people don't care about them being lesbians"

>entire thread is people crying about them being lesbians
>>
File: 1369294860992.jpg (122KB, 720x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369294860992.jpg
122KB, 720x500px
>>68193778
Because the amount of shitposting, deflection, and homophobia is quite reminiscent of that failed coup.
>>
File: 1407458246877.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407458246877.gif
298KB, 379x329px
>>68193780

Makorra = Zutara
>>
>>68193700
Meant my two cents on the matter.
>>
>>68193739
N-no that post doesn't exist the only reason anyone would have any problems with the ending is because they're a homophobe.
>>
>>68193736
>Implying Ryuuko wasn't also fucking Satsuki
Considering the shit their mother got up to, I would not be the least bit surprised
>>
>>68193780
Mako was given a half assed redemption arc which is better than the no ass anything Asami was given.
>>
>>68193784

>Can't refute arguments, must refute icon!
>Only Makorran cishet heteronormative bigots think Korrasami was bad!
>>
>>68193702
I have no horse in this race but "date" has different meanings in grorious nippon.
Of course there's still the traditional date that we know in the west but it can also refer to simply going out with a person to do some fun shit with no relationship stuff whatsoever.
>>
>>68193784

There is no unbiased anywhere in any of the arguments. Bias is inherent in everything that is being discussed from one angle or another.
>>
>>68193771

the real reason no one complains about Harley and Ivy is that it's done primarily for your titillation and her relationship with Ivy is always second to the Joker

when the comics actually made it explicit and not subtext, there was bitching about it
>>
>>68193747
Wrong Mako. The first anon was talking about the KLK Mako
>>
File: 1368975209380.jpg (77KB, 372x340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368975209380.jpg
77KB, 372x340px
>>68193785
>You didn't even reply to the same guy, genius.
>in a thread chain
>replies without identifying himself in the middle of multiple replies

It's his own fault.
>>
>I don't even think it makes it dumber, but the fact you phrased it like this shows the flaws in your argument like this. Bisexuality is normal. Homosexuality is normal.
You're not going to listen to me, but no, they aren't. They aren't extremely rare or anything, but they aren't "normal". And that's fine, if they wanted to broach the concept of homosexuality in the avatar universe. Go ahead, do it.

But if you're going to do it, fucking talk about it. Show the steps they must take in order to get to that realization. Show the confession, show the fright. Show all that stuff, because at the end of the day that's what matters. It grounds the characters and makes them easier to relate to, and it draws us into their relationship.

They didn't do that. They didn't approach the topic with any respect or any interest in examining it and how the characters relate to it. No, they did it to appease fucks like you who will eat it up because it's easier that way.
>>
File: qt 2t.png (400KB, 1376x2301px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
qt 2t.png
400KB, 1376x2301px
>>68193778
its a decoy postbot.

anyone who thinks bryke mishandled this (prerequisites include functioning frontal lobe) is automatically linked this this stereotypical /pol/ boogeyman poster.
>>
>>68193795
People are REALLY overhyping that fucking scene. I don't even understand why they say that it's a "redemption" arc. Mako had nothing to redeem. He was just doing the whole "cop" thing to save others was sacrificing himself like most big brothers/siblings do in children's cartoons. But suddenly everyone who hates Korra/Asami grabs onto that scene as epic and worthwhile character development just to make their whining seem relevant.
>>
>>68193753
I think you're giving it too much credit. There was a large contingent of posters waiting to shit on Korrasami fans when the ship inevitably didn't sail (and confessed as much), and now that the rug's been pulled they're still going for that last hurrah in whatever way they can
>>
>>68193796
I don't even read selfimportant landwhale arguments, sister.
This isn't your blog.
I'm sorry your terrible Twilight-tier romance didn't become a thing.
But girl on girl is hot.
So deal with it.
>>
>>68193801
Harley and Ivy works considering their personalities. Harley is overly dependent and thus attracted to anyone that can tell her what to do, and Ivy is pretty clearly an omnisexual, to the point that we see her having sex with trees, so it stands to reason she can scissor with the best of them.
>>
File: 1417232918219.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417232918219.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>68193796
>an angry Makorra shipper gets her panties in a bunch because her ship didn't happen

It should be put in the trash, along with Narusaku or whatever it's called.
>>
>>68193790
Yeah pretty much, I get the feel were gonna be fighting this war for a long time, and just like with Kataang vs Zutara, we don't actually care about Korrasami but if you seriously support Makorra there is something wrong with you
>>
>>68193763

Jesus Christ are these actual people?
>>
>>68193780
That was my point you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1418063189002.png (580KB, 774x542px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418063189002.png
580KB, 774x542px
>>68193807
>reaction imaging without a rebuttal
>ignored his post in favor of mine instead of just replying to both

And that's how I know you're full of shit
Thanks for playing
>>
>>68193817
I like that scene and I don't mind Korrasami, but you're right, it's not a redemption arc.
>>
>>68193789
Stop making me believe /pol/ wad right. I'm a Jew ffs
>>
I think it's bad writing but I'm still going to fap to the swirl and you can't stop me.
>>
>>68193140
I've got myself an hetero ski mask for this winter, check your privilege.
>>
>>68193800
This is why I can't take her attempt at putting up some kind of facade of objectivity seriously.
Just be genuine and say "I wanted my shitty romance to work out! Not your shitty romance!"
>>
>>68193739
>butthurt makorra shipper

what about it?
>>
>>68193841

Even the creator himself called everyone who had a problem with the ending a homophobe.

/pol/ is always right.
>>
File: 1394689407800.png (297KB, 878x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394689407800.png
297KB, 878x900px
>>68193835
>interrupts a chain of replies
>suddenly, the guy I was originally replying to disappears, replaced by another guy who's replying the same argument
>refutes the argument
>resorts to image reaction because of no rebuttal

I see nothing wrong here save for your lack of rebuttal and insistence that it's bad because you said so.
>>
>you can't dislike how Korra and Asami's relationship was handled without being called a homophobic shitlord

Nice, this is how discussions work.
>>
>>68193840
I'm not saying you can't like that scene regardless of what you ship. Just don't make it out to be more than it is.
>>
>>68193777

When the discussion is literally framed around it as this thread is, its hard to avoid.

Either way you'd still be falling back on fallacious arguments and ignoring legitimate criticisms.
>>
>>68193801
I'm not talking specifically about their relationship, but how it was presented, specifically in the show before the redesign. They knew how to work with the characters and how it would go out in a single episode1. 1http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Harley_and_Ivy
>>
>>68193814

They're "normal" in the way that they fall in love with people is the exact same as other people falling in love

the fear and fright comes from society judging them and people telling them it's wrong and that no one will love them and the knowledge they'll have to struggle to overcome homophobia

and you know what

speaking as a closeted bisexual man who can only talk about this under the veneer of anonymity, I am so FUCKING TIRED of stories about sad lesbians and queer boys and bisexuals that makes their romantic arc all about the pain and angst

so you know what, you can take your comment about the difficulty and the fear and the fright and... do whatever you want with it. But don't pretend you're fucking "respecting" us by saying things like that
>>
>>68193764
He gave us Cave of Love with the WuXBadgermole otp.
>>
>>68193815
stop ban evading
>>
>>68193778
He's actually a mod. He was doing it last night too. He creates his boogeymen and categorizes/labels/generalizes anyone who doesn't support his view.
>>
File: 1371360572273.jpg (33KB, 350x319px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1371360572273.jpg
33KB, 350x319px
>>68193739
Thanks for posting that, I needed the laugh.
>>
>>68193849

How about you read it and explain where they're wrong? Fact is, Korrasami was terribly handled and their relationship was basically nonexistent until that last show. You know you fucked up your romance when the MC had a more intimate moment with the villain than with the love interest.
>>
>>68193853
That's how they work these days. Can't like one thing without being called a liberal, can't like another without being labeled a redneck, can't criticize females in comics and games without being called a rapist.
>>
>>68193843
That's basically what I do every day
>>
>but it is heartwarming and encouraging that on this issue we are aligned in a positive, progressive direction:

God Bryan is such a douche, he acts like this was some great victory for liberals everywhere and he planned this all along. Are you fucking kidding me? This was a rushed last minute romance shoehorned in at the last second to attempt to make the ending more memorable. It was not a great Shakespearean effort throughout the show that culminated in Korra and Asami realizing their love for one another. This guy just has an almost unbelievable belief in his own self importance (and talent) considering when the training wheels were taken off with Korra and he didn't have a writing team propping him up the show had absolutely abysmal writing (and was widely panned for it).

I mean fuck me all he really did was say that two females can't hold hands or care for one another without them being LEZBIANS. This stupid fuck needs to get knocked down a peg or 12 and realize that that what he did wasn't really all that big a deal.
>>
>>68193854
I just said you're right, it's not a redemption arc. Reading comprehension problems?
>>
>>68193458
Did you watch it?

It came off as purely friendship.

Your yuri goggles are on too tight.

Compare their scenes to Mako/Korra and Aang/Katara. Not even close.
>>
>>68193070
>/pol/ was right
You're saying that the LoK finale was a conspiracy by Jews to destroy morality?
>>
>>68193780
lets not fall into the mistake of assuming that everyone who thinks this was done shittily is a butthurt makorra fanboy. lets acknowledge that there are distinct groups, of which include people who even supported korrasami or do not mind its presence over the alternatives which were admittedly all shit, that still think bryke and their big long pretentious blog posts come off as sounding pathetic panderers.
>>
>>68193786

> Creator literally comes out and says "If you don't like our shitty writing, you're a homophobe!"
> Tin Foil.
>>
>>68193856

it was presented as queerbaiting. They teased the idea and then had it go back to the status quo. They dragged it back out when they wanted to titillate again.
>>
Let's put aside for a sec the shity writing and laugh at bryke for a different reason.

Those guys really think that anyone can switch from bi/homo/hetro in a sec and that spending time with your friends = growing to love them sexually? this is fucking disturbing.

Even if they both were bi and then became aware later, it comes off really weird, like they think they are progressive but don't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>68193848

That isn't how people work nevermind the core fandom nevermind tumblr. The pro are screaming with just as much bias as the anti.

I don't write their comments off because of it, it's just the nature of it. At least they're trying to form an argument based on their perception rather than screaming platitudes or calling people names.
>>
>>68193874

Korra had more romantic moments with Bolin than with Asami. There's no misinterpretation, just an underdeveloped romance shoehorned at the end for brownie points.
>>
>>68193814

Anon, how do you think this blessed would have reacted if they actually did an "after school special" kind of reveal talking about their struggles with their homosexual urges?

If people here think holding hands is pandering, then I don't even know what talking about the struggles of being Bi would be considered.

Also I doubt that shit would fly with Nick. They said in the post, they had to be a bit more subtle.
>>
I like how way back in book 1 I called it that the romance subplots were going to fuck this show over. I was right, I just didn't think they'd go gay with it.
>>
>>68193874

3/10 might snag a bite. Next time tone down the ending, its a dead giveaway.
>>
File: 1369440746714.jpg (6KB, 123x119px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369440746714.jpg
6KB, 123x119px
>>68193855
>When the discussion is literally framed around it as this thread is, its hard to avoid.

I accept your concession.
>>
>>68193850
Jesus Christ. This is like some sort of bizzaro parallel universe. I thought everyone was joking around or /pol/ was just shitposting when they said Bryke were going to use it this way.

How wrong I was.
>>
>>68193867

>How about you read it and explain where they're wrong?

well first of all, they claim Kuvira/Korra was more intimate, and the pair of them share even less screen time than you think Korra and Asami do
>>
File: 1348203160867.jpg (22KB, 225x237px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1348203160867.jpg
22KB, 225x237px
>>68193874
>>
>>68193875
I wasn't saying that you specifically were making it more than it was. I was just summarizing my point for clarification in case other KA shippers would show up also saying how much they like that scene.

I think everyone discussing this topic is a bit touchy. Maybe in 6 months it'll be better.
>>
>>68193771
It's typical.
Bad writers will hide behind "You just hate gays/women/PoCs!" to deflect actual criticism, rahter than actually acknowledge their characters had VERY LITTLE interaction throughout four season. Its' just as poor a pairing as Makorra
>>
>>68193873
No no he totally WANTED them to do more but the stupid homophobic network wouldn't LET him. He's a censored artist and a trailblazer and I can't even type this with a straight face.
>>
>>68193888
>Those guys really think that anyone can switch from bi/homo/hetro in a sec
It wasn't a second and they merely discovered an aspect of them they didn't know was there before.
>>
>>68193815
lol
>>
>>68193884
> Creator literally comes out and says "If you don't like our shitty writing, you're a homophobe!"
give me that quote because I don't see anything like that in their blogs
>>
File: toph.png (124KB, 333x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
toph.png
124KB, 333x250px
>>68193878
>It came off as purely friendship.
>>
>>68193873
>he acts like this was some great victory for liberals everywhere and he planned this all along

except for the parts where they literally say "it wasn't planned all along"
>>
>>68193904
>One woman helps another woman walk

INTIMACY!
>>
>>68193874
This is some funny bait.
>>
>>68193888
>what is genderfluid
>>
>>68193906
So don't reply to me when I'm agreeing with you, reply to them.
>>
>>68193874
You were doing well until "homophobic"
>>
>>68193924
What is Korra propaganda for?
>>
>>68193739
>>68193864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTivVclQQ0
>>
>>68193850
No he didn't, he said that he saw some homophobic responses to it. Which there have been some. Loosen your tinfoil hat
>>
File: 847982790879.gif (443KB, 500x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
847982790879.gif
443KB, 500x270px
>>68193890
>Korra had more romantic moments with Bolin than with Asami

Obvious hetero lens. You should get those checked.
>>
>>68193917
You're a poor troll, it come off as purely friendship and the only people to think otherwise are those that think Zutara was a thing in ATLA and that they were in love with each other.

Troll or just being delusional and placing what you want to see on something that is giving no actual indication.
>>
File: 1415153397400.jpg (37KB, 398x297px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415153397400.jpg
37KB, 398x297px
>>68193924
>I hope you /co/ kiddies learned that you should trust /pol/
>/pol/ shitposting is a boogeyman, they said
>>
>>68193853
>You can't like Korra and Asami's relationship without being called a delusional tumblr landwhale who's being pandered to

That works both ways
>>
I like how this means the friend zone doesn't exist and I am entitled to sex if I'm even remotely amicable with another person.
>>
>>68193874
i chuckled irl a bit. the sudden uppercut at the end is a nice touch.
>>
>>68193874
>you wrongfully thought he was leading to Makorra or Korra ending alone because you're a homophobic piece of shit or just retarded. Get over it.
This is obvious bait but the bizarre thing is that this is exactly what Brian implied with his blog post. He called people homophobes for criticizing it, and called people closeminded "hetero lens" viewers for not picking up on it.

This is just too much.
>>
File: 1313662161666.png (4KB, 300x163px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1313662161666.png
4KB, 300x163px
>>68193946
It's not yuri goggles anymore when it's canon. It's indeed hetero lens.
>>
>>68193869
>think there should have been MORE bonding with Korra and Asami showing feelings for each other
>"wow homophobe check your privilege"
>>
>>68193878
This is the right answer. I think Bryke are actually just taking advantage of the community and Korrasami fanbase to have them "be together" without actually establishing any kind of real relationship.
>>
Why did they have to force ship Korra with someone instead of her just being good friends with everyone

The romance in LoK was all awful and Korra x Asami wasn't developed at all in the show they were just good friends
>>
>>68193925
I don't know this pokemon, sorry.
>>
>>68193910
This. It'd be fine if you saw them fight and support each other and reflected about major issues like her dad or Korra's injuries but nothing like that really seemed to happen
>>
>>68193858
>They're "normal" in the way that they fall in love with people is the exact same as other people falling in love
No two couples fall in love the exact same way, boyo. Every couple is different, every relationship is different. All the circumstances are different, and the high and lows are different.

>the fear and fright comes from society judging them and people telling them it's wrong and that no one will love them and the knowledge they'll have to struggle to overcome homophobia
Or, y'know, given how Korra and Asami were both fighting over Mako, it could have been about them both being afraid the other wasn't down for a tumble? Shit, it practically writes itself.

>speaking as a closeted bisexual man who can only talk about this under the veneer of anonymity, I am so FUCKING TIRED of stories about sad lesbians and queer boys and bisexuals that makes their romantic arc all about the pain and angst
Man, the fuck do you think I care? Whatever you want to shove up your ass is your deal. LoK isn't just your deal, it's a product that can be objectively analysed. If the conclusions reached upset you, then grow the fuck up.
>>
>>68193954
Well, that's because it wasn't well written. It's like liking Kataang
>>
>>68193882
I never said anything of the sort, but I find it remarkable that a huge vocal contingent on /co/ loathed Mako until he didn't hook up with Korra like they feared he would
>>
>>68193878
>It came off as purely friendship.
nah
>>
>>68193739
>all the replies to this post
>all of them attacking the person who wrote it and not addressing a single thing they actually said

kek
>>
>>68193963
That's the most beautiful thing about all of this. I you want MORE lesbians you're a homophobe now and only looking at things like a cis privileged straight guy. I can't into this logic.
>>
>>68193878
and obviously being friendly can't lead to a relationship
>>
First naruxsaku, now this. This year was a good year to see buttdevasted shipper
>>
>>68193645
You and your "/pol/" and "gamergate" boogeyman are more annoying than /pol/'s "Jews" and "SJW feminazi" boogeymen.
>>
>>68193886
It was presented as a friendship in the episode. Never read the comics aside from one that was posted here recently, and never had an interest in shipping whatsoever.

My core point is "an animated show from 20 years ago knew how to relate 2 characters in 20 minutes better than The Legend of Korra in one season".
>>
>>68193006
Bryke came a long way since they first heard the term 'shipping' after book 1 of ATLA. I'm so proud.
>>
>>68193888
Or they were bi all along?
What's with /co/ and just making up stuff and then getting mad about it?
>>
>>68193753

All the points directed against the series are directed against this pairing, it's your fault that you latched on this particular criticism and proving that you actually got mad because of this specific detail.

A lot of criticisms have focused on the final episodes over other details, but /co/, like always gets baited to argue about even the most stupid things.
>>
>>68193958

look sportsfan, saying people tend to view things in the context of heteronormativity isn't being homophobic. it's something people tend to do.

it's the same thing as when people say a young boy is gonna grow up to be a lady killer even though he hasn't realized anything about his sexuality yet

Being heteronormative isn't being homophobic, it's seeing it as a default
>>
>>68193878

Romantic and platonic relationships aren't built up separately. It is possible to start off as friends and grow to something more. The point is they built up a strong relationship in season 3, that grew to more than just friends (which definitely felt like it was hinted at, most obviously when Korra blushes at a normal compliment). The anon saying they had like 5 scenes together is wrong.
>>
>>68193961
It was pretty stupid of them to say that. This is obviously a case of the last scene being all that matters.

If you believed they were actually romantically involved or interested in each other before the final scene: YOU. ARE. AN. IDIOT.

The final scene was the only thing to establish it. If they had both not had that you would have been simply looking like Zutarians.
>>
>>68193968
Korra is a terrible person, but she's hot.
So I can see why you wouldn't want to be her friend, but you would want to make out with her a little.
>>
File: Vlad the Implier.jpg (8KB, 218x231px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vlad the Implier.jpg
8KB, 218x231px
>>68193955
>people develop feelings towards the same sex
>the friend zone doesn't exist

Holy fuck, what are you and can I have some too?
>>
>>68193973
>how Korra and Asami were both fighting over Mako
They didn't fight. Korra had the hots for Mako and pounced. Asami just gave up and shuffled into the background
>>
File: 1418777345797.jpg (51KB, 245x204px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418777345797.jpg
51KB, 245x204px
>>68194001
Probably this.
>>
>>68193753
Can you think of anyone who would have changed their overall impression of the show had the ending not had lesbians?

People who would buy this ending are the kind who have bought all the other parts of this show that weren't properly developed.
>>
>>68193979
Ya

>>68193986
Not in ATLA/Korra. It's never been done before. Romantic signals were well established beforehand.

Bryke took advantage of you and the fans that were already saying they were together back in book 1.
>>
>>68194003
>Being heteronormative isn't being homophobic, it's seeing it as a default
But it is.
>>
>bisexual

The thing I love about this is that it brings out the venom from both homophobes AND LGBT fuckwits wo think it aint a thing.

gg would witness rage again A+++++++
>>
>>68193973

that doesn't change the fact that you, an individual who has completely straight person, presume to speak for what's respectful and appropriate for the LGBTQ community
>>
File: 1311231398085.png (265KB, 479x551px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1311231398085.png
265KB, 479x551px
>>68194005
>This is obviously a case of the last scene being all that matters.
Those hetero lens are quite tight on your face.
>>
>>68193948
kek, rewatch the last 2 seasons like bryan said and tell me you dont see it
>being this delusional
>>
>>68193891
If they actually wanted to make it integral to the characters, then I daresay it'd cease to be pandering. Pandering is what they did, a cheap, no effort action that is guaranteed a positive response. It's taking advantage of the ultra liberal newspheres and an excuse to avoid actually doing any work on the shoddy writing.

>They said in the post, they had to be a bit more subtle.
Did Nick also say that they had to suck?
>>
File: 1419212398569.jpg (458KB, 2561x1441px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419212398569.jpg
458KB, 2561x1441px
>>68193889
Eh, I think as long as you're moderate about your feelings towards something you can even entertain a thought that you were completely opposed to.
But fangirls/boys can't do that.
They might even try, but they're just too far gone.

There's no worth to arguing with them.
Personally I had very little stake in the whole matter. I was very much opposed to Makorra because of how much it had harmed the show.
Which is why I was kinda hoping for a completely platonic ending by Season 3.
But the fact that Asami and Korra had some key moments together and seemed have a good sort of character dynamic going, makes me entirely okay with the implication of a relationship.

I mean I'd fully expect it to be quite terrible if Bryke had written it out, because they barely know how human interaction works (almost less so than Tomino, who can only write autists).
But as fat as things went this was completely okay in my book.
So I don't get the people foaming at their mouths, saying Korrasami has no basis and no right to exist. But likewise it's way too weak to go out and praise Bryke for their genius, progressive, eye-opening storytelling. Come the fuck on. This wasn't exactly "Blue is the warmest colour".
>>
>>68193954
You can like Korra and Asami, there's nothing wrong with that. But you'd be blind to think it was well handled.

You can be critical of things you like, anon.
>>
>>68193991

Nah, you shitting up every board with your shitposting doesn't validate your opinions at all.
>>
File: Dumb.jpg (111KB, 2006x689px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dumb.jpg
111KB, 2006x689px
>>68193858
>They're "normal" in the way that they fall in love with people is the exact same as other people falling in love

No shit.

>the fear and fright comes from society judging them and people telling them it's wrong and that no one will love them and the knowledge they'll have to struggle to overcome homophobia

What are you even talking about? At no point in the Avatar universe has anyone ever been shown to have homophobic tendencies all you're doing is projecting real world struggles on a fictional world where by all appearances they don't exist.

>speaking as a closeted bisexual man who can only talk about this under the veneer of anonymity, I am so FUCKING TIRED of stories about sad lesbians and queer boys and bisexuals that makes their romantic arc all about the pain and angst

Me too, thankfully if Bryke had fleshed out Korrasami as he should have we would have seen there was no need for any pain or angst (outside the usual associated with Korra) because the world didn't really care that they were lesbians.

>so you know what, you can take your comment about the difficulty and the fear and the fright and... do whatever you want with it. But don't pretend you're fucking "respecting" us by saying things like that.

All he's saying is there should have been time and effort dedicated to showing Korra and Asami had feelings above being friends for one another and struggling with that. Mind you I say struggle NOT as a lesbian but as two people who don't want to ruin a friendship when they're unsure of how the other feels. You know... normal stuff because there relationship is normal and should have been treated like (hopefully better) every other inane relationship throughout the show.

So stop with all your supposed anger and realize that the only thing we all want was that Korrasami have some time and fucking effort devoted to it if Bryke wants it to have any real meaning outside of the irrational love everyone lauds on it because they're lesbians.
>>
>>68194005
Why are you treating your interpretation as objective truth?
>>
>>68194009
No, really, think about it. If what Korra and Asami were doing as actually romantic in nature, that means there is no platonic interaction anymore, and we should all be fucking.
>>
>>68193991
Anyone who dehumanizes the other side as "Y-you're /pol//tumblr/SJW/misogynist/whatever" pretty much has no argument to stand on
>>
File: 1405880299377.jpg (69KB, 1082x607px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405880299377.jpg
69KB, 1082x607px
>>68193399
>>68193252
What are you even talking about, the whole show was as straight as you can be and every aspect of the show from the theme to the theme song oozes it and Mako is the posterchild with her main role in the story being supporting the main couple and her main side plot being getting shipped with the beefcake. Ryumako was a real Zutara, a bunch of jackasses who grossly took things out of context and then clamped on to that when they were told straight up they were wrong.

The only gay thing in the show is done by the super villains to show how evil and unhinged they are. That's the kind of show it was.
>>
>>68193993
>It was presented as a friendship

That is inconsistent with what the creators have said about Harley and Ivy from the very beginning
>>
File: TrueTears_4325.jpg (91KB, 350x440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TrueTears_4325.jpg
91KB, 350x440px
ITT:
>>
>>68194003
Except not "picking up" on Korra and Asami's "love" is not being "heteronormative" "seeing things as default" "hetero lens" "being a close minded bigot" whatever you wanna call it.

No one "picked up on it" because it was fucking terribly written "romance" by hacks who will hopefully never get work again.

Brian is LITERALLY covering for the shit writing and character relationships in this show by calling you "hetero-whatever not realizing bisexual people exist"

He literally said that. "despite what you may think, bisexual people exist!"

Stop covering for this .He's doing exactly what people here said he would. He's really fucking doing it.
>>
>>68193453
> moon over june
I just puked a little bit in my mouth.
I had forgotten all about that.
>>
Here are the implications of this ending:

>Sexuality is fluid, gays/bi are beaten to death due to their own fault
>Spending time with friends indicates romance
>Also means that male friends can't spend time with female friends without it coming off as romantic
>Strong female lead can't end without a relationship

They pulled this out of their asses at the last moment when Korra would've forgotten in time, and collect LGBT points WITHOUT actually giving them anything concrete since the show has ended with a chicken-shit ending that is still vague enough to be platonic.
>>
File: 1417343816107.jpg (16KB, 313x168px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417343816107.jpg
16KB, 313x168px
>>68194043
>No, really, think about it.
I thought about it and I believe you should lay off the weed.
>>
>>68194024

I'm a bisexual and I'm telling you it's not
>>
>>68194005
>If you believed they were actually romantically involved or interested in each other before the final scene: YOU. HAVE.A.REASONABLE.AMOUNT.OF.STORY.COMPREHENDING.SKILLS.UNLIKE.ME

ftw
>>
Honestly I'm not sure how to feel about it. When I first saw the finale I thought, yeah this is total bullshit fan pandering. On the other hand, Korrasami shippers kind of ruined this for me with how damn obnoxious they were. Even if it turned out canon I was pretty annoyed with anyone shipping the pairing. So every time they interacted I probably ONLY wanted to see them as friends. You ruined this for me /co/ and I have zero problem with lesbians/bisexuals.
>>
>>68194039
see>>68194044
>>
>LOL nothing happened
>OK it happened but it doesn't count because it's just pandering
>THIS LESBIAN MISCEGENATION IS DESTROYING SOCIETY
>LOL nothing happened
>>
>>68193880
Nick is owned by Viacom which is owned by National Amusements which is owned by Sumner Redstone, a Jew.
>>
>>68194051
>No one "picked up on it" because it was fucking terribly written "romance"
Nah, you just had your hetero normative glasses on.
>>
I like how they made them lesbian at the final episode just to make people stop hating on the show and to make the shippers happy
>>
>>68194057
Think harder. Think until you agree with me.
>>
File: 1395969657907.jpg (202KB, 867x655px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395969657907.jpg
202KB, 867x655px
>>68194006
>Korra is a terrible person, but she's hot.
Apart from being kinda stupid, what did she do that was so morally evil?
>>