[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is the quality of olive oil? Is there any reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Burcu_Olive_Oil.jpg (273KB, 887x895px) Image search: [Google]
Burcu_Olive_Oil.jpg
273KB, 887x895px
How important is the quality of olive oil?
Is there any reason not to just buy the generic brand trash?
>>
If it's from italy, there's a good chance it's not even olive oil.
>>
>>9435070
w-what it is?
>>
>>9435086
runoffs from the good olive oil that they keep for themselves and/or mixed with other cheaper vegetable oils
>>
This. This is why I cook with rendered pork and beef fat (from whatever I happen to cook throughout the prior week). I do like to purchase quality oils and vinegars for fresh applications. So o guess I'm a hipocrite
>>
olive oil is just oil with olive flavoring. it't not a very good oil anyway. It certainly is not healthy. it will make you fat and give you diabetes.
>>
Olive oil burns too quickly for my kind of "cooking" so I just use the vastly cheaper alternatives that have higher smoke points. I don't like these carbon-y oils in general but until someone invents a synthetic that won't kill you I'll deal with what I got.
>>
>>9435317
Not oils are exclusively used for frying, you know
>>
>>9435066
>generic brand trash?

Remember that low-priced olive oil may be intended for use as lamp oil.

Don't use $30/half-liter oil for everyday uses, save that for salads or other finishing type use. But don't buy the cheapest, either.
>>
>>9435279
You fat fuck
>>
>>9435260
>Italy
>doing that shit
pick one famlam. Italy is the first country in Europe and [citation needed] in the world for food controls, just last week was aprroved a new law that obliges the manufacturers to add in the infosheet the exact city where the product was made in. If you buy cheap italian olive oil there is a big chance that it's not even italian but a bootleg
>>
Spanish one is the best, not cheap tho
>>
>>9436691
If I could fuck the fat that I rendered off the cap from the last Boston butt I smoked, I would. Maybe I'll just skip the rendering and fuck the butt. You don't have one handy, per chance?
>>
>>9436710
Shut up, you lying grease monkey, ain't nobody trusting a mafioso.
>>
do yourself a favor and just buy it form costco
>>
In France I saw a bottle of Filipio Berio olive oil being sold for twenty euros as some kind of fancy 'world food'. In the UK it's like four quid for a bottle. The point is that most people don't know what good olive oil actually tastes like and people can sell you whatever the fuck they want if they make it sound authentic enough.

Good olive oil is really damn tasty and definitely worth it. It feels like a treat to have it, and it's better than blowing twenty quid at some shitstain restaurant or takeaway because you were too lazy to cook or prepare food.
>>
>>9435066

Depends what you use it for

for frying get the cheap store brand refined stuff

for use as a finisher or dressing or whatever, get good quality extra virgin. It doesn't need to be the most expensive one you find, but there is a huge difference in taste between brands and the store brands are awful.
>>
>>9436710
So what if I know the exact city? Can I call to ask if they made it? Nobody there dares to contradict the maffia anyway. "y-yes sir, this is a-authentic".
>>
>>9435066
Cheap olive oil is almost always "blended" meaning only a fraction is olive oil. The rest of it is something cheap and tasteless. If its cheap, study the label carefully, most of which use every trick in the book to hide the truth.
>>
I use Walmart brand oil and it tastes fine to me. I'm not a picky faggot either so it doesn't matter anyways.
>>
Good extra virgin olive oil matters for finishing things but you absolutely don't want to cook with it because it will burn and the flavor doesn't matter when you're using it to cook with. Generic brand name light olive oil is better for cooking because it has a much higher smoke point.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.