[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After a night of hard drinking out on the town I have decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Grant-Park-Farmers-Market.jpg (496KB, 1800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Grant-Park-Farmers-Market.jpg
496KB, 1800x800px
After a night of hard drinking out on the town I have decided to make something wholesome and delicious. I'm off to the farmers market for fruits and veggies. Any ideas on for a good vegetable dish?
>>
>>9433257
Most root vegetables are popping right now. Parsnip + Potato is a favorite of mine...or you can do Potato + carrot puree if you want a color pop. Radishes are also jamming right now but I've only worked with them a little bit.

Asparagus is also currently a good choice, it's fucking huge at my farmers market, and I mean huge by organic standards.

(Side Note): almost all those things with a beef broth would make for an great pot roast. Good luck OP.
>>
>>9433257
sweet & sour spinach with sauted shiitake mushrooms w/ onions, garlic, and rosemary desu
>>
>>9433282
Sweet and sour spinach? Never heard of such a thing.
>>
>>9433257
Depends where u b. In California I can make a dank Ratatouille or chunky vegetarian marinara right now. Just grab up all my fav veggies, onions, garlic, and sweet peppers and all the fresh Roma tomatoes I can handle and a bushel of fresh basil and I am good to go.
>>
File: sweet-sour-spinach-bacon.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweet-sour-spinach-bacon.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>>9433465
It's really good, sweet and savory tangy-ness. Makes a great side at a holiday dinner and's easy:

Can be served with all sorts of entrees, including roast chicken, grilled steak or pan-seared pork chops.

1 package (20-ounce) frozen chopped spinach
4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:
In a large pan, fry the bacon until nicely crisped, drain on paper towels and set aside. Pour off the fat and add the spinach to the pan.

Cook the spinach over medium heat, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the apple cider vinegar and sugar and cook until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Increase the heat to medium-high and add the butter. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the butter has melted and blended into the spinach, 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl.
>>
>>9433491
I'm not i the mood to whip up ratatoullie but I wouldn't mind spending the day jarring up some marinara. Slow and relaxed. Perfect hangover activity.
>>
>>9433500
I have so much trouble imagining what this would taste like. I suppose I will have to make it sometime.
>>
>>9433500
Why did you leave out the
>1/4 cup heavy cream
>>
>>9433693
My grandmother would cut my throat if she knew I advocated such an act.
>>
>>9433737
I know, I'm just curious as to why >>9433500
cut it...
>https://www.mygourmetconnection.com/recipes/sweet-sour-spinach-bacon.php
>1 package (20-ounce) frozen chopped spinach
>4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
>1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
>2 teaspoons sugar
>1 tablespoon butter
>1/4 cup heavy cream
>Salt and freshly ground black pepper
>Preparation:
>In a large pan, fry the bacon until nicely crisped, drain on paper towels and set aside. Pour off the fat and add the spinach to the pan.

>Cook the spinach over medium heat, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the apple cider vinegar and sugar and cook until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

>Increase the heat to medium-high and add the butter and heavy cream. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the butter has melted and the cream is blended into the spinach, 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl.

The anon copypastad the recipe + parts of the blurb but cut the cream. I think the cream would be dire.
>>
>>9433778
I've never had it with cream but curiosity may make me try it once just to see what it does.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.