[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a big bag of masa flour to make corn tortilla but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 0003068499627_500X500.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0003068499627_500X500.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
I bought a big bag of masa flour to make corn tortilla but it turns out corn tortillas suck even if they're homemade. What else can I use it for?
>>
>>9432090
gorditas de maiz con chicharron
same recipe of tortilla but add beacon or pork rind
cheese and carne asada fucking glorius plus avocado
>>
>>9432090
Nope they are delicious. Post your fucked up tortillas. I bet you didnt even attempt to make them, did you? You're just a worthless fatass who thinks mc chicken sandwiches are delicious.
>>
>>9432090
>i tried to make tortillas at home but they dont taste like the "for me, its the McChicken" plees halp!
>>
>>9432095
Gonna make this for breakfast rn
>>
>>9432090
Some dank gluten-free corn muffins, my last job used Maseca to make them
>>
File: img_4238.jpg (2MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
img_4238.jpg
2MB, 4272x2848px
Make some grits. It's gonna be like super instant grits though.

Like if you made oatmeal out of oat flour instead of rolled oats. Add some stuff for texture.
>>
>>9432090
Did you add lime¿ Are you fucking retarded? Was your tongue loped off in a terrible accident? Or do you simply have the worst taste imaginable?
>>
File: 20170813_180106.jpg (587KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_180106.jpg
587KB, 2048x1152px
How do you fuck up mixing hot water with corn flour, pressing it out and cooking on an iron pan for 1 1/2 minutes flipping a couple times? Homemade are excellent.
>>
Made a sucks
Find a local tortillería
>>
Maseca is the equivalent of boxed pancake batter and saying pancakes suck.

Truly homemade tortillas take too long and are expensive to produce in small quantities. Better to find a quality tortilleria.

Pro tip: even the best tortillas are not other worldly in taste.

A tortilla is basically a spoon. A good tortilla plays second fiddle to the main dish. A shitty tortilla can fuck up the meal.
>>
>>9433650
>Maseca is basically instant pancake mix

Nigga nobody has the time to grind corn down into a powder manually. Literally nobody. What do you think a tortilleria does, hire a bunch of people to sit at pestle and grind all day? They use machines, you mong.
>>
File: hxmiaJupRKeaH80op5GF_DSCF3103.jpg (71KB, 507x416px) Image search: [Google]
hxmiaJupRKeaH80op5GF_DSCF3103.jpg
71KB, 507x416px
pupusa is the best thing ever and you can add anything inside but I do pepperjack cheese and you can put any topping on it.
>>
>>9432090
T A M A L E S
A
M
A
L
E
S

grind up some hominy and add to the dough for better texture.
>>
>>9433889
They're garbage with a warm sand texture because corn is terrible
>>
File: 20170916_160959.jpg (632KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170916_160959.jpg
632KB, 2048x1152px
>>9433650
>Maseca is the equivalent of boxed pancake batter and saying pancakes suck.

You're being silly. Maseca is the equivalent of someone using AP flour for their pancakes. I prefer the specifically labeled "nixtimalized" Maseca (pic related) which I think has a richer flavor but regular Maseca is excellent too.
>>
>>9432090
Make baked chips to use for nachos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NpcH86WLQ
>>
>>9432090
>corn tortillas suck
I could've told you that and you wouldn't have wasted the money on that shit.

>What else can I use it for?
You can make oobleck, a non-Newtonian fluid, for childhood physics fun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.