[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did it become cool to market coffee exactly like craft beer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

When did it become cool to market coffee exactly like craft beer?
>a fine craft coffee
>draft ice cold brew coffee on tap
>nitro cold brew
"nitro" means they injected nitrogen into the coffee so it can form a thick foam head when poured from a tap, just like beer.

Who actually enjoys this shit?
Coffee tastes absolutely nothing like beer.
>>
Oh hey look, it's coffee concentrate, except it looks like beer!
>>
the better question is, why does it bother you so much
>>
>>9428069
I like the nitro coffee myself. I love nitro beer already and it makes me happy I can get a similar beverage in the morning that actually adds the stimulant I need to survive.
>>
>>9428069
If I went to a shop and a 20-something hipster with a giant beard was the only guy taking orders, id walk out
>>
>>9428069
>Coffee tastes absolutely nothing like beer.
coffee tastes a lot like stout though
>>9429214
>this barista's choice of facial hair offends me
>>
>>9429214
you probably can't afford whatever the imaginary shop sells anyway.
>>
>>9428069
Plenty of stouts are loaded with coffee
>>
>>9428069
I'm with you OP, but I have found some stouts that I really like that have a coffee flavor.
>>
>>9428069
when they wanted people besides women to buy coffee
>>
>>9429340
Women don't buy coffee, they buy milkshakes
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>9428069
When it became profitable.
>>
>>9428069
Is this a new trend? Never heard of "craft coffee" before.
>>
>>9428074
Where do you buy this? I've literally never heard of these before.
>>
>>9430344
i saw some at walmart, are you flyover or something?
>>
>>9428083
>implying taking 4 seconds to make a post means OP is frothing with rage
literally every thread
>>
>>9430356
Well it was a pretty long post that seemed like a very angry person wanted to pass off as someone who is slightly annoyed at a trend instead of someone who is mad that they don't understand a trend
>>
>>9430363
It's a paragraph nigger and half the posts on this board are similar.
>>
>>9430368
And 3/4ths of the posters here are autistic
>>
>>9430375
>unable to understand that hyperbole is part of the semiotic expectations of 4chan
>calls others autistic
every time
>>
File: 0001.jpg (17KB, 491x315px) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
17KB, 491x315px
Your time will come hipster nu male faggots.
>>
>>9430351
No, I live in Las Vegas. I just never noticed them.
>>
>>9430380
I don't know what the fuck you just said, but you can eat my shitty ass
>>
>>9428069
millenials are subhumans and should be holocausted.
>>
>>9430385
>t. skinnyfat pubestache untermensch
>>
>>9430385

Are you done /pol/eplaying yet you chinless faggot?
>>
>>9430391
brainlets pls go
>>
>>9430394
Why is this a bad thing? Can you explain why without memes and buzzwords?
>>
>>9428069
maybe because coffee is pretty mediocre on its own?
>>
>>9430642
>semiotic
why are pseuds obsessed with this word?
>>
>>9430387
You can get em at smiths man

T. Las Vegan
>>
nitro coffee tastes like shit and if anyone told me they liked it in person I'd be instinctively inclined to dislocate their jaw with my fist.
>>
>>9430700
>inclined to
yes, but you wouldn't, because you're a skinny wristed fag with nothing but hot opinions
>>
Bean water > grass water
>>
>>9430731
someone's projecting.

you and me. in a ring. one punch.

Not Kidding.
>>
>>9430738
>someone's projecting
yeah, the shirt-lifter who thinks saying he'd clock someone over coffee makes him sound impressive
I thought all the internet tough guys died out around 2007
>>
>>9430741
>shirt-lifter

why the fuck are you typing like it's the 1960s? you need to shut the fuck up grandpa, no one is looking to fight some diabetic geezer that would probably die of cardiac arrest mid-fight.
>>
>>9430642
Your sentence didn't make sense. You're the brainlet posing as an intellectual.
>>
>>9430754
why don't you go and scowl through the window of a starbucks and let the grown ups talk, hard man
>>
>>9430760
young scalliwag! you showed him. young punks need to be put in their place for shirt lifting and mucking about, am i right? this is the octogenarian board after all! back in my day fisticuffs meant something and we grew up in the school of hard knocks.
>>
This is the best thread going on the board
>>
File: an urbanite faggot appears.jpg (192KB, 1280x1247px) Image search: [Google]
an urbanite faggot appears.jpg
192KB, 1280x1247px
>>9428069
If dipshits are willing to buy it, it will continue to be made and sold.
>>
>>9430771
your ego is incredibly easily bruised for such a tough cunt
if you'd go as far as fantasizing about hitting someone over coffee I dread to think what you're wishing you had the stones to do now
>>
>>9428083
because i don't like pretentious overpriced crap
>>
>>9430794
So don't buy it?
>>
>>9430806
Not even that anon, but you don't understand how this works. Pretentious overpriced crap begets more pretentious overpriced crap and caters to the douchebags in our society at the expense of the normal everyday Joe and Jane.

It's just as harmful as catering to the lowest common denominator, and makes our society worse.
>>
>>9430788
I'd stone you for being a faggot, that's for sure. You're incredibly autistic for an aussie.
>>
>>9430842
You are the lowest common denominator, genetically.
>>
>>9430852
a mincer like you shouldn't bandy around words like "autistic" when you led by saying you'd punch someone over their coffee preferences, that's going above and beyond eighth grader edge
>>
>>9430874
honestly if you talked like that irl I would probably poop on your face, mate.
>>
>>9430888
saucy
>>
>>9428069
Theres very little that didnt get the same treatment op

its called marketing
>>
>>9430896
daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our logs, specially since they're such a good size and all.
>>
Why the fuck do people drink coffee if you have to add a bunch of shit to it to make it not taste like ass?
>>
>>9428069
As wealth inequality increases the young "priest" class has more money to spend on pointless frivolities. Unlike the super rich and wealthy whose lives and experiences are so unknown to us they are are effectively aliens we are able to watch as these young strivers continue to vomit cash onto the next trendy consumerist fad in an attempt to find meaning in their shallow thoughtless lives.
The bedraggled poor and fallen middle class eat garbage as more and more low market chains such as Applebees lose business.
>>
Coffee, much like beer, exists primarily to alter a mindstate but tastes like shit in the most basic forms. For many people it becomes an addiction or a necessity to cope with the situation so it's no surprise people want to branch out and try new stuff that actuall has flavor. Not everything in life is HIPSTERS and NUMALES, sometimes people really just like to splurge on "gourmet" shit. It's perhaps one of the greatest privileges we have as a free nation, try not to take it for granted.
>>
File: IMG_20170914_192729_986.jpg (70KB, 580x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170914_192729_986.jpg
70KB, 580x526px
>>9430391
Laughed out loud
10/10
>>
File: 11946.gif (641KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
11946.gif
641KB, 400x305px
>>9432171
>>
>>9432171
You are wrong and a virgin
>>
>a fine craft coffee
holy shit, like they actually took time to make it good!

>they injected nitrogen into the coffee so it can form a thick foam head when poured from a tap, just like beer.

or you know, like fucking lattes or cappuccinos or coffee drinks that people already like

>>9428074
cold drinks taste great from a glass bottle, holy shit!
>>
>>9428069
never. braristas and coffee places popping up like crack houses
>>
>>9432452
>this post
holy shit!!
>>
>>9432452
>or you know, like fucking lattes or cappuccinos or coffee drinks that people already like
the difference being the presence of milk, you dongus
>>
>>9428069
Coffee is easier to palate than beer, especially considering craft """coffee""" tends to have additives to mitigate the taste. It's the go-to socialization beverage for faggots that can't handle alcohol because "like, it burns so much and tastes so bitter!" so the market is popping up to show who is the hippest faggot instead of telling them to stop having tea parties and just drink fucking beer.
>>
>>9432505
>especially considering craft """coffee""" tends to have additives to mitigate the taste
post source
>It's the go-to socialization beverage for faggots that can't handle alcohol because "like, it burns so much and tastes so bitter!" so the market is popping up to show who is the hippest faggot instead of telling them to stop having tea parties and just drink fucking beer.
show us on the doll where coffee touched you
>>
>>9432515
he thinks starbucks is fancy coffee and cappuccinos are a kind of "expresso" with whipped cream.

interacting with a person like that is guaranteed to just make you dumber, I suggest you don't.
>>
>>9432515
>>9432521
>Playing pretend-beer with my coffee isn't because I'm retarded, it's because I'm CULTURED
No.
>>
@9432525
No (You) for you
>>
>>9432515
It's cute to see someone get offended at a post like that, proving it right in the process.
>>
>>9432529
You are a doodoo breath

If you reply to this post you're triggered and I win
>>
>>9432529
in no way does
>lol u mad
validate a load of salt pulled out of anon's ass
>>
Why does so much Reddit gravitate towards this board? This fucking numale hipster shill in the thread needs to fuck off back to his cucksite. Treating coffee like micro brew garbage (already the stuff of faggotry) is retarded. If you defend if, so are you.
>>
>>9432550
>nu-male
This is underachiever for "someone who has a better life than me"
>>
>>9432550
>post a bunch of bullshit
>get called a salty bitch
>REDDIT NUMALE KEKS
you couldn't be more assblasted if we gave you a dynamite enema
>>
>>9432552
>>9432558
I just came into this thread; I'm not OP or anyone else who posted. Also stop samefagging, thanks.
>>
File: posted_from_my_iphone.png (38KB, 122x918px) Image search: [Google]
posted_from_my_iphone.png
38KB, 122x918px
>>9432571
>I'm not samefagging, YOU'RE samefagging
Can you imagine being so culturally intimidated by Sam Adams and Starbucks that you resort to samefagging accusations?
>>
>>9432550
There are far more craft beer and coffee drinkers on this board than the likes of you faggot, so fuck off back under the rock you crawled out from under.
>>
Somebody should tell these guys to open up a cafe.
http://maxdogbrewing.com/
>>
>>9428069
I've never actually seen this. I'm convinced it's a NorthWest coast thing.
>>
>>9428069
Wow, this is an issue that deserves my attention
>>
>>9430842
>at the expense
Literally how? The economy is not a zero sum game you fucking nigger
>>
>>9428074
chameleon is ass

literally just buy starbucks cold brew. it's p much the same unit price and tastes better.
>>
>>9430842
lol what

just don't buy it dude. for someone who pretends to understand the market, you sure do succumb to its pressures like a fucking rube.
>>
>>9430387
There's like a regular section and a hippie section in most stores (I'm thinking of Kroger right now), the hippie section will have its own cooler with eggs, "dairy," etc. Check there
>>
>>9433415
>>9428074
why would you even buy bottled cold brew, it's piss easy to make it yourself
>>
>>9428069
makes sense doesn't it? Both is overrated hipster garbage
>>
>>9430784
he looks like he's about to start a semester at Gryffindor
>>
>>9433363
It's all over Minneapolis. Has been for a few years now. Most downtown breweries have it on tap. I actually really like having the option. It's like 3$ for a 10oz glass.
>>
>>9428069
>Coffee tastes absolutely nothing like beer.

confirmed for tasting neither a good coffee nor a good beer in his pathetic 14 years of existence.
>>
>>9429214
I can't read this post all I can hear is a baby crying every time I try
>>
>Love Guinness, love stouts, love nitro beers, love coffee.
>go to Seattle a year and half ago to check out his new nitro coffee craze
>think it's gonna be next big thing
>hopefully I can get rich
>tastes like shit
>don't invest in it
>>
>>9430784
Hogwarts PE teacher
>>
>>9428069
Around the 17th century.
>>
>>9433415

Chameleon is a concentrate that needs to be cut you idiot Starbucks taste like crap and everyone knows it. Go shill something else
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.