[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on making blue steak? I love steak and I love eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Any advice on making blue steak?

I love steak and I love eating it rare, I think the taste of the blood is part of the whole steak experience. I really want to try to make it blue, but I'm terrified of killing myself once I eat it. Any tips?
>>
>>9427518
Just eat tartare
>>
>>9427529
I would love to, but I'm not as rich as I'd like to be
>>
>>9427568
>I'm not as rich as I'd like to be
You can make it for cheap. Just get some fresh beef, doesn't have to be filet.
Grill up some baguette and serve it like that
>>
>>9427518
yeah. Cook it until it's well done you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>9427518
Why would a place have a motorcycle problem specifically? Unless it's like a sidewalk or strip mall median, in which case it should be common sense. Maybe I give people too much credit.

on topic, isn't steak 100% safe even if you just drop it on your plat raw? I think I remember hearing that somewhere. That it's not like ground beef or raw chicken.
>>
>>9429288
>on topic, isn't steak 100% safe even if you just drop it on your plat raw?
no you should really sear anything exposed.
>>
>>9427518
Heat your cast iron meme pan up on high with some olive oil
Sear the fuck outta one side for 10 seconds and then flip, repeat this a few times until it looks tasty
Don't forget, you need to let your steak sit out for an hour beforehand so the inside gets to room temp and isn't cold after you sear it.
Rest the steak on a plate for 5 minutes and voila
>>
>>9427518
that is the shittiest image i've seen in four hours
also it's not "blood", you'd know it if it was. blood, even cow blood, tastes coppery and foul. it's hemoglobin mixed with water
>>
>>9429337
Pretty much this. To get steak blue you sear the outside, but don't give it any time in the oven to cook beyond that. Just get the outside looking cooked right, then let it rest. The steak will be blue rare.
>>
>>9429337
also wrong, you set your steak out so it can drain on paper towels depending if you bought a supermarket steak or not. the outside needs to be really dry to crust up properly on the hot skillet, the internal temperature when you cook it is insignificant even when cooking it blue
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
How common is it for people to actually like either blue or rare steak? I've had people over on three separate occasions making steak who insist they like their steak rare. So I sous vide one ribeye rare and one medium rare, then quick finish in cast iron. Rare comes out beautifully red/purple, medium rare comes out a soft pink. Every time I've given them a slice of each and they choose the medium rare. The increased tenderness always wins.

Maybe I'm on a bit of a crusade here, so I apologize. I've never managed to meet someone who actually prefers rare steak, but I know plenty who think they do. Are people with this preference just...rare? Forgive the pun. What makes you like it more?

Pic semi related, tried cooking sous vide in a beer cooler.
>>
>>9429418
I always cook my steaks rare

Then I eat it with my bare hands like an animal
>>
>>9429418
Blue rare is a novelty. I used to be rare or blue guy if I really trusted the meat. Then again I'm also a fan of tartare, so maybe I just like the taste of raw meat. But I agree that for most steaks med-rare is probably the best level of doneness. Save rare for duck breast and lamb chops.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.