[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fill in the blank, /ck/ >If you have ever bought and enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1495504640196.jpg (114KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
1495504640196.jpg
114KB, 578x712px
Fill in the blank, /ck/

>If you have ever bought and enjoyed an alcoholic beverage that cost more than $___, you are a poseur. People shouldn't enjoy things that cost more than $___
>>
You draw that op?
>>
>>9427104
$15,000
>>
>>9427104
Honestly, probably around $100 (if it's a single drink, no wine bottles etc.)

Personally I usually order drinks up to $15, but wouldn't feel awful going up to $30 for a treat. From there up to $100 I figure someone would want to do so for the hell of it and not for posing, especially if they have the finances.

After that you're just flaunting money
>>
File: 1488670259064.jpg (52KB, 466x577px) Image search: [Google]
1488670259064.jpg
52KB, 466x577px
>>9427149
>you will never win the lottery and just buy every drink you want at that big super market nearby
>>
>>9427104
Retail or Restaurant?
There's no limit there's just a tipping point where it's not worth it to spend the money on it in the sense of taste.
It's just the brand and rarity factor you pay a collectors price for.

Champagne/Cremant/Spumante/Prosecco/Frizzante...
It's all sparkling wine you just pay a premium for the Champagne brand name so in the usual $20-50/bottle champagne area you will get as good/better Cremant/Spumante/Prosecco/Frizzante in the $8-20/bottle price range.
Champagne starts to shine at the $120-200/bottle price point and gets stupid at the "special vintage" prices starting from $250+/bottle...

Same goes with anything else. I enjoyed getting a bottle of Cognac from my grandpas birth year and killing it with him on his 75th birthday. That was a $9600 at retail bottle. Worth the fun for the novelty but taste wise meh, nothing that would outshine a standard Hennessy VSOP at all.
>>
>>9427104
If the actual issue is quality of the beverage, the maximum cost per drink should probably be around $30, if it involves fairly expensive ingredients.

If the issue is the unique experience of the beverage, the maximum cost is almost impossible to determine, as a very rare vintage wine might be almost priceless in that regard.

Personally my price limit is about $35 for a 750ml bottle of wine, and about $100 for a 750ml bottle of hard liquor. My typical purchases are more like $20 for wine and $50 for liquor.

There is no reason for beer to be either exclusive or exotic to warrant a high price point, beyond typical import costs.
>>
>>9427104
mom says a bottle of wine over $20 is pretentious and a bottle of wine under $20 is cheap

basically if it costs at the nice store and is cheap at the shitty one then you are good to go
>>
$5.
Less if it's happy hour
>>
>>9427244
I need at least eight eurobucks to get a vodka that doesn't make me vomit
>>
>>9427104
I'll change that up for ya...
>If a beer costs more than $5.00, there better be some naked titties walking around (and I'm not talking the male blubber titties ya fags)...
>>
>>9427265
beer's are like 7 bucks at the stadium
>>
>>9427242
Are you that guy who is always complaining about middle aged women drinking wine?
>>
>>9427258
you are a pussy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.