[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy steak from Costco? Do I really need to worry about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 286091_img_0591b.jpg (49KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
286091_img_0591b.jpg
49KB, 520x390px
Should I buy steak from Costco? Do I really need to worry about their blade tenderizing?
>>
>>9426552
>worry about their blade tenderizing
wut?
>>
>>9426560
They puncture their meat with small needles to tenderize it which can make it unsafe if you aren't cooking the meat all the way through.

You should be fine though OP, I wouldn't give it to a child or pregnant woman though.
>>
>>9426580
>They puncture their meat with small needles to tenderize it
I have never seen this with Costco meat over several years.
>>
>>9426678
It literally says it on the label that it's been blade tenderized and that you should cook it to a higher temp
>>
>>9426580
why buy meat not safe to eat, burgerman?
>>
>>9426707
It's such a good deal, and there are like no traditional butcher shops around where I live.
>>
>>9426713
I buy the same stuff, but I cook it through. Or partially "browned" on the pan or grill, then cut smaller for stew or cacciatori style but beef. Or with rice and bbq sauce
>>
>>9426707
It's not really that it's unsafe, it's just that increases the surface area for bacteria to grow. I guaruntee we eat more dangerous food everyday.
>>
Does Costco really do this? I go to Sam's and they don't, but I buy their whole primal ribeyes, cut them into steaks, vacuum pack and freeze anyway.
>>
>>9426750
That makes it unsafe then, consumer. Beef is supposed to be cooled and slowly dryaged. Not mechanically tenderized to mask it not being aged properly.

Don't buy it. If you can can't afford proper meat all the time, have it only half the time.

Fucking ameriburger lardasses just buy meat you can't share with kids or wife, the fuck is your major malfunction?
>>
>>9426552
don't, it fucks up their steaks texture. it's bad.
>>
>>9426552
The risk of getting sick if you don't cook it all the way through is pretty significant, and cooking beyond medium rare defeats the whole purpose of steak.
Either pay for decent quality or get a cheaper cut and slow cook it.
>>
>>9426552
if you got to be a faggot and make cube steak, just do it yourself
>>
>>9426955
I don't I get mine from a local butcher.

I wouldn't be that shy to eat it though, I eat food from lunch carts in my city all the time and eat street food from poorer countries when I travel.

Only time I ever really got sick was in India.
>>
>>9426552
ive never come across this from costco. can you see the little holes?
>>
>>9426552
No. Not if you don't buy the shit steak they sell.
>>
>>9426713
then move out of that flyover shit hole
>>
>>9427695
>flyover
Where do you think they grow the beef? It aint in your big cities.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.