[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you manage to balance your work/family life and your cooking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1505324023330.png (174KB, 1387x805px) Image search: [Google]
1505324023330.png
174KB, 1387x805px
How do you manage to balance your work/family life and your cooking?

It seems like the average person doesn't have the time to cook a real meal because of work/kids etc.
>>
File: 15053830869852029305625.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
15053830869852029305625.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9424671
I can cook and do other things at the same time. It rarely requires your full attention.

10 to 30 minutes a day at home isn't hard to find.
>>
>>9424724
do americans really do this?
>>
>>9424671
tbqh the reason I don't cook as much as I do is that I'm too lazy to do dishes. they pile up, until there's an unholy mess of crusted stuff that takes 2 hours to work through including time to soak things, and I've come to accept that they will always pile up and take forever to clean. that's just how it is. don't lecture me, I am familiar with cleaning up as you go. go fuck yourself.
>>
>>9424671
Get your shit together, create a structured menu and cook in batches. Meal prep ain't a joke.
>>
>>9424752
Meal prep is terrible though, who wants to eat leftovers the whole week? That shit ain't right
>>
>>9424784
Leftovers can sometimes be better than the original creation. Fuck, I loved Fried Mac n Cheese or Fried Rissotto. And Turkey Sandwhiches after a Thanksgiving. Good stuff.
>>
>>9424750
Only reason you have to soak something is if you burnt it.
In that case >git gud.
>>
>>9424784
You don't eat the same thing all week, you mong. You make batches and freeze it.
>>
>>9424671
Talking about the "average person" is kinda hard. If that person is an American they probably watch five hours of TV every day. Claiming they don't have time to cook sounds like bullshit to me.
>>
File: chefpepe.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
chefpepe.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>9424671
cooking literally is my work life and now i don't cook at home
>>
>>9425290
hey assclown, he wasn't complaning about the monotony, he's complaining about eating fucking leftover food all week.
>>
>>9424671
slow-cooker
electric pressure cooker
meal prep
meal planning
recognize that cooking is self-care and is worth every minute it takes.
>>
>>9424671
If one partner is working like in my house there's no excuse but my wife rarely cooks because she hates cooking and is lazy

I cook a couple of times a week. I leave for work at 7am and get home at 6pm tired so it's hard but I do it. A lot of meals can be prepared in 15-20 minutes

Sometimes I cook a big batch of soup or curry and freeze it in single portions
>>
>>9424671
I don't have kids or even a girlfriend, but I am employed so I usually only cook a real meal once or twice a week. It's not really that hard, I do a lot of slow cooker stuff.
>>
>>9424671
Cooking takes me about 15-40 minutes at most everyday and it genuinely makes me happy. It's really relaxing for me and it only makes it better if I do it for someone else.
>>
>>9425386
Oy, you gigantic snatch, nobody said to eat every meal of the week as leftover food. How about five dinners, take out for two, then the rest is prepped(prepped breakfast is mad easy and a huge timesaver), and a fresh lunch. Dinner takes the most time anyway.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.