[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with a cut apart chicken? I'm used to buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
What to do with a cut apart chicken?

I'm used to buying cheap, frozen, skinless boneless chicken thighs in a 3lb bag and cutting them into thin strips for a stir fry or something, but I'm looking to up my game so I want to see how much money I can save and flavor I can pull out of a full chicken I cut apart myself.

This is new territory for me, and other than using the carcass in a soup I don't know what to do with just two legs, two wings, etc, and I need to cook for 3 people. The amount of thighs I normally cook with can't be pulled out of one chicken. Suggestions? I'm looking to use up all of the chicken, so either multiple recipes or one that uses all of the bits would be cool.
>>
roast it and eat it with your hands like a king
>>
https://youtu.be/Hc0tanqsPVc
>>
>>9421888
>carcass and wings
Use for chicken stock and sandwich / taco / enchilada / tortellini / ravioli meat. Bring water to a boil, add the carcass and wings, reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Then pull the wings and carcass out and strip all the meat and set aside. Toss the bones back in the pot and simmer for at least 3 hours.

>drumsticks
Use for a chicken curry.

>thighs
Use for chicken gumbo or jambalaya
>>
Chicken salad sandwhiches, chicken quesadillas, chicken soup, fried chicken boneless bites, chicken spaghetti
>>
>>9421888
A good old fashioned cast iron skillet fried chicken. And what the other anons suggested. You really can't go wrong when you have a whole chicken the possibilities are endless. You'll never go back to buying those pathetic, boring tiddays again
>>
>>9421938
>chicken spaghetti
you just can't add the word "chicken" in front of other foods and call it a dish.
>>
>>9421961
Well the correct term is chicken catiotore or however you spell italian things, but you are also wrong in your assertion that someone can't modify, create, or change any recipe they like and call it what they like. How do you think new dishes are created?
>>
>>9421888
>breasts
All your usual chicken breast stuff.

>thighs and legs
Great fried, great braised- think stews, curries, tagines etc.

>wings
Usually I just use these for stock, you don't get enough wings to actually do chicken wings unless you go through a lot of chickens.

>carcass
Stock.

Homemade chicken stock is phenomenal, you'll never go back to buying it. Roast the bones a little until they're nice and golden, throw in some chopped onion, leek, carrot, and celery, as well as half a head of garlic chopped in half through the middle of the cloves, some peppercorns, bay leaf, and thyme. Simmer for 4 hours or so, skimming off any crud that rises to the top occasionally, then strain.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.