[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright what the fuck, why does my pizza dough keep tasting like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 24324324243243.jpg (81KB, 605x403px) Image search: [Google]
24324324243243.jpg
81KB, 605x403px
Alright what the fuck, why does my pizza dough keep tasting like shit.

i suck, i keep making fucken pizza dough. I put every single thing in at the right time, I mix the flour the salt the sugar all fine then add the fucking olive oil and water(done it both by hand and with mixer)

>22.5 ounces (about 4 1/2 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting

>.5 ounces (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) sugar

>.35 ounces kosher salt (about 1 tablespoon)

>.35 ounces (about 2 teaspoons) instant yeast

>1.125 ounces Extra Virgin olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)

>15 ounces lukewarm water

I've let it rise for 2 hours, 12 hours, 2 days, everything but it always tastes the fucking same, like it sucks ass.

Tastes doughy, tastes like complete crap

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG
>it's instant yeast i don't need to activate it with warm water, but i see some morons do

is that the problem?

>I'm not kneading it enough / properly

should i be beating the shit out of it in a mixer for like 15 minutes or something?

do i gotta fold it a billion times until its perfectly smooth its usually sticky

>sprinkling too much flower

am i using too much flower AFTER i mixed the dough together

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE, and i know im not the only faggot on here with this problem; you'll be doing a bunch of people a favor
>>
>should i be beating the shit out of it in a mixer for like 15 minutes or something?

yes

>am i using too much flower AFTER i mixed the dough together

probably. new bakers always do this because they don't knead properly

do you have a bench scraper? get a bench scraper.

above all i suggest you ask someone you know to show you how to do it. there is no substitute for hands on guidance in baking.
>>
>>9417599

no i don't have a bench scraper, not cause im poor but im just lazy so i use like a pot lid or whatever

I'll try kneading it longer then, I don't have anyone who can bake worth a damn in my social circle
>>
get a bread machine... make pizza dough with no effort and be happy again.
>>
>i
>i
>i
>fucken
>reddit spacing everywhere
Maybe it has something to do with you being a retard.
>>
>>9417583
I could never make good bread or pasta for years and discovered that the water in my house was VERY HARD WATER. Switched to baking with purified blue 5 gallon jug water and now everything is gucci mane and dough rises much better
>>
>>9417638

ill slap you in the mouth with my dick
>>
>>9417663

hmm didnt think of this, thanks breh
>>
>>9417583
switch to a fine salt (sea salt is best) -- kosher salt granules take forever to dissolve in dough.

make sure you're kneading it until you can take a little corner and stretch it out and see light through it (google "window pane test").

22.5 oz bread flour is probably closer to 5 cups, if you're aerating the flour properly before measuring.

get a bench scraper. seriously. it makes a big difference.
>>
>>9419375
oh yeah, and what >>9417663 said. try using bottled water instead of tap.
>>
>flower

You're retarded so I'm assuming you fucked up nearly every step
>>
>>9417583
You might get lucky and get non-shit advice but you're much better off reading and posting here

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

These guys don't fucking play when it comes to making pizza
>>
>>15 ounces lukewarm water
There's your problem.

It should be between 110 and 120 degrees American.

>>it's instant yeast i don't need to activate it with warm water, but i see some morons do
Instant yeast is shit.

Get actual yeast and activate it in hot water like you're supposed to.
>>
File: 1491201891709.jpg (7KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1491201891709.jpg
7KB, 250x247px
>>9417663
>>9419377
>>9417681
>there are 'people' who don't filter the water they ingest.
>>
>>9419432
>Degrees American
Lol retard
>>
You forgot the most important ingredient...1 oz of love
>>
>>9419494
What seems to be the problem?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.