[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ideas for interesting ways to flavor legumes? I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Beans[1].jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Beans[1].jpg
102KB, 500x500px
Any ideas for interesting ways to flavor legumes?

I'm trying to replace most of my simple carbs with legumes for dietary reasons. They're delicious, but variety is important to me. Besides things like mexican and indian flavors and herbs de provence, what sort of things do beans and lentils take well to?
>>
I make a pot of soup a few times a week and throw lentils in it for the protein. I milk off the soup erry day and Im looking better cause of it. I reccomend soup :)
>>
>>9417100
beans and lentils are pretty much a blank slate. You can flavor them however you like. Any sort of spice mix goes well with them.

My favorite is the classic: cook them with good homemade stock (never water) and a ham bone or other cured/smoked pork product.
>>
File: lentil-salad-tomato-dill-6x4.jpg (60KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
lentil-salad-tomato-dill-6x4.jpg
60KB, 620x413px
Don't forget you can sprinkle them into or use as a base a variety of salads for healthy low calorie meals.
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lentil-salad-with-tomato-and-dill-232495
>>
Baked gigante beans topped with some feta cheese.
I make sausage and lentils often and everyone that's tried it seems to like it. It's simple and you can eat it on its own:
https://youtu.be/4evwvKWRukE
>>
>>9417100
Red pasta sauce works quite well. Basically just treat them like short pasta.

You could also stray into white sauces if you like, but for me I've found the combo doesn't quite go most of the time. The texture of the lentils mixed with the creaminess makes it taste a bit over-rich to me.
>>
lentil du puy salad with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, basil, and a tahini lemon vinaigrette

braised lentils (green or red) in tomato sauce to make a bolognese type sauce (fight me, italians, it's good)
>>
white bean, sausage, and kale soup

braised lentils (green or du puy) in red wine with meatballs

broccoli rabe with cranberry beans, red peppers, and goat cheese
>>
>>9417100
Linguica, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, stewed tomatoes, garlic, sauteed onions
>>
Mix some black beans with sofrito.
>>
>>9417984
Holy shit, what the fuck's up with her? Looks good as fuck tho
>>
Ignore all these tryhard redditors

All it needs is chili flakes and paprika. Make that shit with a bit of spice
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.