[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appropriate way to deal with this? >go to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1412589318446.jpg (41KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1412589318446.jpg
41KB, 420x294px
What's the appropriate way to deal with this?
>go to restaurant
>look through menu and finally find something that you never tried before but either heard about or looks decent on photo
>order dish instead of usual favorite
>food comes and it's just absolutely terrible, not sure if dish is bad or just poorly made by this particular cook

Do I send the food back and get demand something else or pay for it and get another dish? I mean, if you go to a restaurant and order steak medium rare and they bring it to you burned and tough like a hockey puck you know that they screwed up and can just re-order, but if it's a new dish you've never tried before you won't know that it's bad.

One time I went to a restaurant that I've seen on a tv show. There was this beef roast that was covered in a spice mix that also contained coffee. It was featured on tv and seemed decent but in reality it was just awful, the coffee overpowered the meat. I ate the meat in the middle avoiding the crust/sauce, not sure if I should have done something else.
>>
>>9411798
When trying new things you just gotta hold that L
>>
Don't bother sending it back. Just have it comped and finish what you already have on your table. Don't order anything else. Leave a tip unless the service was poor.
>>
>>9411798
You p much got cucked bro
Hf cuckboi
>>
I'm not sure what they do at high end restaurants but anywhere that's less than $30 a plate I'd say that your verbal agreement of trading money for food is nonreversible whether or not you like it. It's not like the restaurant owner can scrape your uneaten potatoes back to recoup the cost.
Not saying that you won't get some restaurants that will do it but I wouldn't expect it. If you see something you're curious about ask the waiter or see if you can get a small bite just to try.
>>
>>9411798
>Ordering at the kind of place that has pictures for every dish like the menu's designed for a bunch of illiterate toddlers

You deserved this OP.
>>
a restaraunt has got to be pretty horrifically bad if there is anything on the menu a non-picky (i.e. a faggot) customer would find so disgusting they want it comped

either that place really sucks or you are a cuc.k
>>
File: penh3.jpg (71KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
penh3.jpg
71KB, 500x325px
>>9411947
I think I've ever only experienced this 3-4 times in my entire life where a dish was just not good, not because of the way it was cooked but because I didn't like it. There's this very popular cambodian/lao restaurant in Vancouver that has this dish called butter beef, pic related. It's basically raw beef, that's covered in this sour butter sauce where I believe the acidity cooks the beef. I have heard a lot of people praise it, including the friend I went with. I tried it and it was one of the worst things I've ever eaten. That same restaurant had really great food that I've gone back for many times.

>>9411885
A lot of "ethnic" restaurants have it so people know what to expect. I sure as fuck don't know every Thai or Vietnamese dish by name...

>>9411826
Yeah I figured a small restaurant will likely not give money back for saying "this dish is bad" unless it's obviously wrongly cooked. I'm also not one to send a dish back, I probably only done so a few times. Asking for samples seems a bit weird though.
>>
>>9412179
thats not the beef carpaccio from phnomh penh is it?
you are literally a piece of shit who should kill himself if you didn't like that. It is the number one dish I remember loving out of everything from there, and I have been recommending this specific dish to everyone for years. I have been itching to go back.

you are a fucking faggot with no taste, seriously. and im surprised at how small world your reply made me feel.

i cant emphasize enough that you have shit horrible taste if you didnt like that. its their best fucking dish.

god damn /ck/ proves itself as filled with plebs again
>>
>>9412280
>>9412179
p.s. i bet you think their chicken wings are "to die for"

every fucking normie said how great their wings are and they are just regular normal wings, nothing special about them. it makes sense. please tell me you loved the chicken wings. fucking swine u are.
>>
>>9411798
Maybe you have that cilantro gene, OP?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.