[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try new food >dislike it, but only to an extremely mild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1402023808623.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1402023808623.gif
1MB, 245x184px
>try new food
>dislike it, but only to an extremely mild degree
>as little as a week or as long as a few months pass
>forget why you disliked it because it really was just that mild a feeling
>try it again
>still don't like it

What's its name, /ck/?
For me it's Japanese mayonaise. Every time I try it I think "huh, I don't particularly like this". Then like two weeks pass and I repeat the process again.
>>
Persimmons. Every once in a while I feel like o should learn to like them, but always end up throwing it out.
>>
File: 2217july-003.jpg (41KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
2217july-003.jpg
41KB, 450x337px
>>9407037
Anaheim peppers. They're just bland to me and have kind of a bitter aftertaste. I never buy them, people give them to me sometimes from their backyard garden and I end up using them in something before they go bad.
>>
>>9407037
man, I do this shit with cake. I don't really like sweet food, but for some reason berry-based cakes look so good. I'll eat one bite and be done with it. Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>9407037
coleslaw
it always looks so good but my imagination and reality just don't align
>>
Custard apples/cherimoya. Every time I see one I'm like "oh shit it's that ice cream fruit, I gotta try it" and I dislike it every time
>>
my semen
>>
>>9407037
>Japanese mayonnaise

So...mayonnaise. It's the same thing everywhere, Japanese mayonnaise is not different in any way.
>>
>>9407190
Are you retarded?
>>
>>9407037
anchovies

I try them every year and keep wanting to like them even thoug they taste like rotten fish

really wish I could eat the pizza from futerama too
>>
>>9407037
>extremely mild
Is that worse or better than mildly extreme?
>>
>>9407229
I feel like those tiny anchovies were a popular thing when I was a little kid, but haven't seem them in ages. Perhaps it's illegal to catch such tiny fish?
>>
>>9407260
they still have them but they're salty as fuck

also they taste rotten
>>
>>9407046
Was it super sweet? Or did you get shitty ones that leave bitter fibres all over your tongue?
>>
>>9407037
I bought a bunch of Skyr yogurt, but I had never had anything other than normal fatty yogurt before. The first time I ate it, I felt like I was eating bad cheese or milk and gagged while eating it, but after a week I actually enjoy it now.
>>
>>9407190
Japanese mayo (brand name kewpie) is signifigantly sweeter than other mayos. Also, aoli is a typoe of may made with herbs and spices (herb blend varies by brand and by type) Spicy mayo (used in making sushi) is a blend of mayo and sirracha and is actually sold that way rather than blended in-house.

>2017
>mayo is mayo
educate yourself nicca.
>>
>>9407229
Anchovies are essential to proper ceasre salad dressing and are a highly underrated pizza toppng. They also work well in Pasta de Puttanesca di Napoli.

Eating them straight or in the english style (anchovies and pickles on crackers) is funky though, I agree.
>>
>>9407130
Depends on the slaw. creamy slaw is never good for me. Vinegar slaw is kinda hit or miss IMO. Sometimes it's fantastic, other times I wouldn't feed it to a pig for fear that it would taint future bacon.
>>
Pickled sweet peppers. They smell really good but I don't care much for the taste
>>
>>9407294
I agree they are great in dressing and pasta sauce but why the hell do they put thetm out at christmas time with the antipasto then?
>>
File: Durian.jpg (8KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
Durian.jpg
8KB, 224x224px
Durian.

I know it's supposed to be this god-like fruit, but it just tastes like eating slightly sweet cream cheese flavored with unripe garlic to me.

I've had it three times and each time it was nasty.
>>
>>9407303
Where the fuck do you live that anchovies are a christmas food?
>>
>>9407314
they are served with an antipasto platter along side bacala
>>
>>9407176
I really want to try one of these. Also on my culinary bucket list are cashew apples, moonmelon and jabuticaba.
>>
>>9407320
>bacala
...as in salt cod? Where are you, Long Island? Jersey? Sicily?
>>
>>9407332
CT
>>
>>9407037
Not food, but cigars.
Loved cigarettes, loved pipes, switched to vaping, but every once in a while I'd buy a cigar from the tobacco shop or a local guy at a fair and remember that they taste like dog food.
>>
Natto. I love the aftertaste but I hate how bitter it is when you eat it.
>>
>>9407339
Never seen either used as an antipasto. But I live in AK and smoked salmon, smoked halibut and smoked razor clams are the snooty snack of choice here.
>>
>>9407364
we serve it on the side for people that don't like the fishy stuff

I can eat bacala all day but never liked the achovies
>>
>>9407354
really?

I always considered natto to be very bland
>>
>>9407426
It could have been what I had, the aftertaste was really earthy and tasted like beans which was nice but as I ate it it was super bitter.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.