[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>boil potatoes >fry/roast them >they come out perfectly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

>boil potatoes
>fry/roast them
>they come out perfectly (crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside)

Was this the secret the whole time?
>>
>>9405906
yes. were you putting raw potatoes in the oven and covering them with oil/fat?
>>
>>9405906
does it work with yams?
>>
>>9405906
You can also quarter them up like OP pic, and bake them for 25 min at 425 drizzling them with olive oil and sprinkling with salt, papper, rosemary and thyme. Comes out amazing, especially if you leave the skins on.

Instead of boiling them, also try steaming them and then fry/roasting. It's a different texture.
>>
>>9405906
I can't stand potatoes that are fluffy on the inside. It just ruins them.
>>
Parboiling takes way too long for me. I just dice the potatoes, cook them, and let them set in the pan for about 10 minutes after cooking to get the same result.
>>
>>9405937
How can you not like the fuwa
>>
>>9405906
Video from OP's pic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argKpeiKFfo
>>
>>9405906
Here's an added tip for fluffier and crispier roasts:

When you drain the potatoes after boiling, do it through a metal sieve. when the potatoes are drained, give them a shake to rough up their edges. When they get in to roast, you'll have a higher surface area to cover in fat and they'll come out like divine pockets of bliss.
>>
>>9406179
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me I'm so hungry
>>
File: yukongoldpotatoes-1645.jpg (63KB, 595x397px) Image search: [Google]
yukongoldpotatoes-1645.jpg
63KB, 595x397px
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Avocado Garlic Aioli
>>
>>9406290
Fuck I'm cumming
>>
Par boil the potatoes until you can stick a normal fork about halfway in the potato before hitting resistance

Drain the water, put a lid on the saucepan and lightly shake it, the outside should be fluffy. put the potato to one side with the lid off and let it dry out as much as possible.

get a roasting tin, pour in beef dripping (generally you should use the drained fat from the meat you're having with it), put it on a stove until it's hot enough to fry with, put in the potatoes an coat them with the hot oil (the drier the potatoes, the less likely the fat is to spit). Stick in the oven at a high heat.

This will give you god tier crispy roast potatoes.
>>
>>9406179

Gotta criticize this a bit.

Using beef or goose fat over olive oil. It will taste so nice you won't even need to to add all the seasoning he does. Having a heavily spiced oil in roast potatoes to me is like using ketchup with a good steak.

Fluff up the potatoes before you cover them in oil and don't use cold oil when you do coat them. Cold oil just gets soaked up by the potatoes.
>>
>>9406341
This. I usually use duck fat to roast potatoes, it's rich but not as pricey as goose.
>>
>>9406341
Yeah I always skip the aromatics part, even with medium quality potatoes, since the technique already manages to bring out a lot of flavor from them.
>>
>cut potatoes for home fries
>cook them on low, covered, in oil and a tsp of water for 10 minutes
>crank up the heat and stir until crispy on all sides
>season
Wa la
>>
>>9406341
Yep in the actual instructions on the website, he recommends using actual fat vs olive oil for better texture and crispness and taste
>>
>>9405913
Yeah, works fine with yams as well. I just did some up yesterday
>>
>>9406196
This
>>
Boil in salt water, then let air dry, then put in the freezer, then cook. Takes at least a couple hours prep but well worth it.
>>
>>9405908
plenty of people do this and they still come out fine you elitist faggot.
>>
>>9407269
Yes, "fine," but not great.
>>
toss them around the colander after boiling to "fluff" the edges.
>>
>>9405906
Oil.
>>
>>9407269
why have something indulgent like roast potato and not make it as tasty as possible?
>>
>>9406196
i claw/poke them with a fork to get dem nooks and crannies
>>
>>9405947
i just microwave them
>>
>>9408207
Because that would require truffle oil
>>
>>9405906
i also toss the par-boiled spuds in some seasoned flour for an extra cripsy exterior.
also, you can use exactly the same cooking method to make some nice big chips
>>
>>9408427
>putting perfume on your food
when will this meme end?
>>
>>9407269
I have never heard of anyone not boiling them before roasting, it has been common practise for centuries
>>
File: IMG_20170910_102018_469.jpg (2MB, 2502x2502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170910_102018_469.jpg
2MB, 2502x2502px
Just finished making these.

Thanks for the motivation. They were amazing.
>>
>>9409141
Damn that looks heavenly.
Do you eat them as is or as a side dish?
>>
>>9405913
from what I remember with yams the secret is to hold them around ~170f for a longer time instead of just boiling them.
>>
>>9409141

Nice bro, jelly over here.
>>
>>9409148
Side dish with eggs, toast and sausage.

I never knew about making them this way. It's so genius. Never deep frying potatoes again.

Also, I used bacon/duck fat mix for my oil. Still used garlic to get the fried garlic bits, and topped with garden green onions.
>>
>>9409141
they look pretty leathery tbqh, please tell me they were crispy/crunchy
>>
>>9409257
Literally the best potatoes I've had. Crispy af, with fluffy center. Outer crust was thicc.
>>
>>9409141
>>9405906
>>9406179
Stuff like this is what should be made into charts and reposted on /ck/ instead of those god awful cheese+bacon+lard+more cheese+maybeaneggontop "recepies"
>>
>>9405906
You can do that easy with a oven already
>>
>>9409141
How did you go about it?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.