[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see some nice dark chocolate >doesn't have any percentage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: chocolate-640x330.jpg (38KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-640x330.jpg
38KB, 640x330px
>see some nice dark chocolate
>doesn't have any percentage on the label
>check the ingredients
>only 47% cocoa

That seems more like bittersweet than dark chocolate. What is /ck/'s cutoff for dark chocolate?

Also, post other chocolate-related things.
>>
Anything over 75% and you're just pretending to enjoy it
>>
>>9405783
>Anything over 75% and you're just pretending to enjoy it

Try eating 85% dark chocolate with salt (yes, salt) or salted nuts.
>>
File: chili.jpg (20KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
chili.jpg
20KB, 450x450px
>>9405770
I like 70%. I had that Lindt w/Chili bar today and I am still erect. It's not overpowering and actually just kinda warms up after you enjoy the chocolate taste.
>>
>>9405770
>That seems more like bittersweet than dark chocolate
This board is so fucking full of shit I swear to god.
>>
>>9405783
I came here to say 75% or higher. Thing is, we dark chocolate lovers love the bitterness. A good quality chocolate has a layered taste, with a bitterness that has a sort of fruity aftertaste.
>>
File: we love the bitterness.png (198KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
we love the bitterness.png
198KB, 500x296px
>>9405935
sure you do buddy.
>>
>>Lindt

This is how you spot a pleb
>>
File: 1483640131437.png (46KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483640131437.png
46KB, 350x350px
>>9405783
>mfw I was eating 85% as I opened this thread
>>
>>9405770
I prefer milk chocolate to bittersweet or dark chocolate.
>>
>>9405944
t. cadbury faggot.
>>
65% is the lowest I would consider dark chocolate. I've had 50% dark chocolate and it almost tasted like milk chocolate.
>>
>try some Green and Black's 85% dark chocolate
>somehow tastes creamier and richer than 85% Lindt
>>
>>9405770
Most people consider 60% cocoa solids by weight the low cutoff point for dark chocolate. The FDA does not have a legal definition for dark chocolate under their sweet chocolate labeling regulations, as it only goes as high as defining bitter-sweet as:
>(3) Semisweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate is sweet chocolate that contains not less than 35 percent by weight of chocolate liquor complying with the requirements of 163.111 and calculated in the same manner as set forth in paragraph (a)(2) of this section.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=163.123

You simply have to read the back label of the packaging, although you can assume if the percentage of cocoa solids is not displayed on the front, it will be pretty low. Other countries have different legal definitions for labeling.
>>
>>9406189
So, there's that gaping hole in legal definition between the 35% minimum and 60% common expectation in which you are likely to get a crummy "dark" chocolate if it is not labeled as "semi-sweet/bittersweet", yet does not have a percentage.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.