[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I pan fry breaded chicken (or anything else for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 156.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Why can't I pan fry breaded chicken (or anything else for that matter) without the breading sticking to the bottom of the pan? The amount of oil I use doesn't seem to make a difference.

I threw away the filets from the pan and decided to bake the rest in the oven on a pan and the same fucking thing happened jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>9402834
Cant tell 100% by looking, but did you flower your chicken before egg wash? I don't see any flour.
>>
>>9402834
What sort of pan do you use?

In any case, usually food sticking to the bottom of the pan is more of a temperature issue.
Let your pan heat the oil more before adding in the chicken.
>>
File: 17294003.jpg (57KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
17294003.jpg
57KB, 520x520px
I googled the image in the OP post. I was lazy today and bought target pre-breaded chicken parmesan filets instead of breading them myself.
>>
>>9402834
You need higher temperature and you need to let it go longer on each side before flipping it.
>>
File: 655197.jpg (52KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
655197.jpg
52KB, 1000x1000px
Pan was a regular uncoated stainless steel frying pan with a little less than 1/2 inch of oil.
>>
>>9402851
>>9402856
This was my second thought. Get oil nice and hot. Probably matters double when its prebreaded and chilled.
>>
What kind of a pan are you using? What kind of oil are you using? What temperature are you frying at? Rocking my grandmother's 16" cast iron skillet, and have never had a problem with sticking.
>>
>>9402834
You need a better non-stick pan or a well-seasoned cast iron. Also need to make sure your oil is plenty hot enough before you add the chicken.
>>
>>9402861
Well there you go.
Heat this fucker up, add oil, heat more.
Don't wait 15 seconds, wait about 1 minute (sometimes more, depending) on med-high. It will never stick again if you do that way.

also this >>9402858 , don't flip too quickly, just wait.
>>
>>9402861
Probably aren't letting it heat up enough. Stainless steel takes a bit to warm
>>
I spend a good amount of time when I wasn't in class in high school working in the kitchen of a German restaurant where my main job was breading schnitzel.
The main trick to getting your breading to stay attached is TIME. Dip your chicken in egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs or seasoned flour, and then let them rest for at least 20 minutes. This allows the egg and starch to adhere to your chicken, like glue. Then before cooking, give it another pat in the breadcrumbs or flour. Medium to medium high heat is preferable, you have to find the sweet spot on your range, they're all different.
>>
in addition to the hot oil, make sure you sit your meat out 30-60 minutes before you start cooking to get it closer to room temp.
>>
>>9402881
>>9402888
These guys get it.
You need to let the pan get warl enough so the outer coating releases a tiny bit of moisture so it bubbles itself away from the bottom of the pan. Once It's properly browned you flip it over and do the other side.
>>
>>9402834
Oil should be shimmering, but not smoking. Sometimes a hot spot makes this happen when you have a thin pan. This is one of the situations in which cast iron skillets excel.

However, since the breading is also falling off in the oven you may have some coating tech problems, too.
1) pat dry chicken
2) plain flour dredge
3) egg wash
4) seasoned flour/breadcrumb dredge
5) let them rest prior to cooking for around 30 minutes or until there are no wet/dry patches left. This is important.
>>
>>9402905
Ready made industrial breaded food is just plain shit for staying on if you pan fry. Anyway that's OP's case since he has bought it from a shop.
But at least it won't stick as much if the oil temperature is proper to use.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.