[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a university student. I commute 80 minutes to school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: textbooks.jpg (60KB, 928x800px) Image search: [Google]
textbooks.jpg
60KB, 928x800px
I'm a university student.

I commute 80 minutes to school back and forth and stay for 6+ hours due to inconvenient class times.

I need 3 meals I can take with me each day so I don't starve and can do work without having to commute so much.

What are 3 good meals to prepare and take to school given my situation?
>>
Rice ballz

Cheap and filling
>>
>>9402775
Stir Fry really works well for your situtation. Can be transported easily and contains everything you need for a healthy need. There are buttloads of recipes you could try.

In general, you really should be worried about the potatoes/rice/pasta as everything else can be transported easily. Pickled salad is fairly easy to transport as it often comes in glasses while meat in general can be eaten without any sauce. Mashed potatoes or pasta with Sauerkraut are good sauceless ways to eat this kind of food.
>>
>>9402775
Salads, sandwiches, cold pasta dishes.
>>
Just move.
>>
>>9402874

I'm going to look up some Stir Fry recipes, that is a good idea. I'm sure you can make a bunch of meals in one sitting for multiple days, right? Like it wont taste like shit after you microwave it.

>>9402915

Cold pasta sounds fucking delicious.
>>
All these things might look enticing at first, but you're still gonna end up going to gas stations and use their microwave to cook instant noodles. Packing your own lunch gets really annoying quick.
>>
File: Bento.jpg (174KB, 850x3154px) Image search: [Google]
Bento.jpg
174KB, 850x3154px
>>9402775
I suggest getting an insulated bento or tiffin box. You can have a whole days food of hot and cold ingredients all day. Also a large thermos for soups. I suggest a yeti rambler.

As for foods to eat. Cold Mezza, tea sandwiches, make a teriyaki bowl, bibimbap, onigiri, biscuits and gravy kept separate and heated and combined, fried rice, piroshki, samosas, etc. You could fill a thermos with piping hot chowder and bring a pre-cut loaf of bread and make a breadbowl.
>>
>>9403158

Those look more useful than they are.
>>
>>9403232
It has alot to do with the way you use them. If you are interested in creating a complex multi-course meal to eat out then it's perfect. I suggested it because OP seems to really want to eat good homecooked food. I like using mine for day hikes and picnics, and it can carry more than enough food for two people.
>>
>needs 3 meals a day on that schedule
Seriously OP?
>>
>PB&J
>Breaded Chicken w/ salad (thousand island dressing works well with this)
>Any other coldcut sandwich that doesn't have tomatoes/mayo/lettuce since it gets soggy
Also carry some baby wipes, dry napkins to clean your hands/mouth.
>>
>>9403158
i like how theyre supoosed to be 'stackable' but theyre packed to the rim with food so logically if you closed them together youd push shit everywhere.
>>
>>9402775
3 meals for 6 hours? So you eat every 2 hours? You won't need very big meals if that's the case.
>>
>>9402775
I would just make two bigger meals because classes in the middle of the day are a good distraction from eating
>>
>>9402775
>needing 3 meals in 8-9 hours
Do you have a chronic illness or are you just a fatass?
>>
>I need 3 meals
What a hassle, if I were you it'd just be a lot of water and coffee, maybe a couple clif bars or something and I'd just try to eat well when I got home
>>
>>9402775
You're a university student, right? Figure it out yourself instead of asking random ledditors on a japanese cooking board.
>>
>>9402775
> 6+ hours
> I NEED THREE MEALS
Man up and bring a sandwich for lunch. Breakfast before you leave, dinner after you get home.

You're going to fucking perish when you start working for a living.
>>
>>9402775
Take 1 big container of a food you can warm up (fried rice or pasta for example, 1 sandwich and 1 muesli bar.
That way you can change the flavours and not get bored. Plus it's cheap.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.