[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice /co So I'm planning on making something for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: castiron.jpg (146KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
castiron.jpg
146KB, 3456x2304px
Need advice /co

So I'm planning on making something for breakfast.

My idea starts with woven bacon strips, laid onto a skillet like [pic related].
Then a layer of hash browns, the shredded type.
Then crack eggs onto that.
Then a layer of shredded cheddar.

My question is - how long and at what temperature should I bake this at? 375 for 30 min comes to mind, but I want to be 100% before I proceed.
Also, the hash browns - with chives or no?
>>
You're better off cooking the eggs separately and putting them on top later.
>>
>>9401021
I think baking it would be silly because the cooking times are so different for all the ingredients. Also, the hash browns will never cook properly if they are soaked with egg.

Fry your bacon weave first. Set it aside. Pour out most of the fat. Use the remaining fat to cook your hash browns and cook your eggs (Fried, scrambled, whatever)

Then assemble it. Put cheese on top. Stick under the broiler briefly to melt the cheese.
>>
>>9401036
Pretty much this. I'd do my hash browns in a separate pan with either a vegetable/coconut/peanut oil shallow fry and cook until golden brown and then flip like a giant pan cake to fry the other side. Comes out resembling a birds nest. I like really crunchy hash browns.
>>
OP here - -

I freely admit that I'm not the greatest of cooks. I was envisioning something vaguely pizza like.

How about bake the bacon weave (then drain grease of course).
Brown the hash browns all crispy, put on the bacon.
Sunny side up eggs on topmof that, followed by cheese.
Under broiler a few minutes to melt cheese.
>>
>>9401320
Just go to Denny's.
>>
>>9401387
Pleb detected.
>>
I'll just use this thread to ask: what does people who live alone have for breakfast?
I've been living alone for almost 5 years and I'm still unable to get anything but a cup of coffee with some milk.

But I want to start waking up earlier and preparing a filling meal. What should I have?
>>
>>9401422

If I have enough time I'll make myself a sausage egg and cheese on an toasted English muffin but other than that I don't eat breakfast
>>
File: IMG_20170906_150030.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170906_150030.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
>>9401422
Steak and eggs
>>
>>9401433
Sounds like a easy to do breakfast. Doesn't it makes you feel bad during the morning?
Most of the time I feel like taking some heavy shits when I eat breakfast.

At the same time, I start feeling hungry right after getting to work.
>>
>>9401422
I eat any of the following:
-oatmeal with fruit in it
-yogurt and cereal
-omelet or fritatta
-random fry-up containing any random combination of: potatoes, eggs, bacon, peppers, ham, onions, or whatever random leftovers I might have
-leftovers in general
-toast, English muffins, or crumpets with peanut butter or preserves
-smoothie
-American-style biscuits with sausage gravy
>>
>>9401021
How about cooking those things separately so you don't make partially overcook and partially undercook mess and it comes off tasting way better?
>>
Try Perkins.
>>
>>9401436
>burnt-ass bun
>squash for breakfast
>drinking milk

steak looks good though
>>
>>9401453
Portion control is the key to not feeling like you need to pass a brick at work.
Try a single piece of toast or a taco sized tortilla, a medium egg, and a small amount of cheese. Whip this up into a wrap and your looking at three bites of food.
I also do a slice of toast with nut butter, folded over, again three bites of food.
Eat a little see what works for you.
>>
>>9403198
I love Perkins. I miss Perkins. Ain't no Perkins on the west coast y'all.
>>
>>9401436
How come you have a giant glass of milk and a small glass of OJ?
>>
>>9403203
You don't have a balanced breakfast complete with fresh in season veggies?

You don't drink milk? You don't wanna be swole?

>>9404522
That's a scented candle
>>
>>9404532
Well make sure you finish all of it. You're a growing boy.
>>
>>9404598
I actually had two pint sized glasses of milk that day. In my teens I'd have three pints of milk per main meal and a 12 oz at mid morning snack, and eat a total of 5 meals a day. I could bench 225 squat 360 and run a 5.2 40 on a 5'7" frame. Too bad no matter how stronk you are no college athletic program wants to fuck with a manlet
>>
>>9401436
pretty sure that toast isn't quite done
>>
>>9404658
Dark brown bread makes really dark toast, who knew?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.