[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone cook with this before? How come people don't add

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: crocc pot.jpg (188KB, 1500x1162px) Image search: [Google]
crocc pot.jpg
188KB, 1500x1162px
Anyone cook with this before? How come people don't add liquids in their recipes?
>>
>>9395980
There's liquid in the food you put in.
>>
>Corned beef
>Pot roast
>Pulled pork
I use mine all the time. Nice to be able to set the food out before work and have it be ready once you get back.

That said you can cook at temperatures lower than boiling and the liquid isn't exactly necessary, but I couldn't see the specific dishes I cook turning out correctly without going dry.
>>
Not OP here. Anyone ever use a crockpot to cook chicken? I had a roommate a few years back who would put an entire chicken into a crockpot and leave it there for hours or even days, it would come out delicious and you could even kind of eat the bones.

Just wondering how easy it is to do/how best to do this. Would you add a whole chicken and maybe some veggies like garlic, onion, carrot, potato, celery, etc. and some herbs and spices?
>>
>>9396012
>put an entire chicken into a crockpot and leave it there for hours or even days, it would come out delicious
>Just wondering how easy it is to do/how best to do this
You just described the entire process of doing this. How hard do you fucking think it is, you idiot?
>>
>>9396012
Just do exactly what you said. Put in an oven stuffer and some random veggies. That's it.
>>
>>9396023
>>9396024
Idk, I'd never done it myself. I've only ever seen him do it and eat the chicken out of his crockpot when he was gone cause that guy was a fucking asshole that made living in that place a huge pain in the ass.

Anyway, I only ever really cook things in a pan on the stove in some oil, like a skillet but larger. Wasn't sure if there was more to it or if it was really that easy cause that chicken always came out way more delicious than I can pull off just throwing some butterflied breasts or thighs into a pan with some oil and spices and flipping until done. Probably gonna pick me up a crockpot or something versatile soon.
>>
>>9396082
Just throw a cup of water if you're afraid of burning the house down. I was the same way until i got used to it. I still use a bit if water just for peace of mind. Most recipes are as simple as chopped vegetables + thawed meat for 4-6 hours.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.