[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High-end culinaryfags can help me with a menu? I'm having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Mads-Mikkelsen-in-Hannibal-NBC.jpg (893KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mads-Mikkelsen-in-Hannibal-NBC.jpg
893KB, 1600x800px
High-end culinaryfags can help me with a menu? I'm having some friends coming over for a dinner and I want to amaze them. I am a great fan of French cuisine and will take the challenge on my first 5-course meal.
It must have duck a l'orange, and i would like to harmonize the other courses with it, i hope to have a consistent menu of interesting things.

Still undecided about which recipes I'm taking. Definitively Hannibal is a great inspiration for the aesthetics and a bit of what I'm going for.

That's my original outline so far:
Soup - Consommé a la Royale + white pepper flan with caviar
1st palate cleanser - some form of granite
Entrée - Quiche Lorraine
2nd palate cleanser - some form of tea
Salad - Watercress and orange zest salad with roasted potatoes and prosciutto or just a salad niçoise
3rd palate cleanser - (undecided)
Main course - Duck a L'orange
4th palate cleanser - Punch Romaine
Dessert - Pear Belle Heléne

/ck/ anons can give me some feedback and suggestions?
>>
>>9394019
Are your friends aware of your autism?
>>
>>9394019
For melts the hot and spicy mcchicken.
Truly the best sandwich you can get.
>>
>>9394019
Everything is sweet, it's fancy for the sake of being fancy, the dishes don't mesh flavor-wise, they are all just sticking to the same theme without thinking what one might one to follow up with when eating.
>>
>>9394019
You have a lot of citrus across all dishes. Also roasted potatoes might not go well, it seems to heavy of a thing to serve at that time. You should also consider theming he courses by palate - ie: savory, then acidic, etc - so courses don't get lost and the meal flat
>>
needs more bitter to counter the sweet. try to incorporate some pickled veg? idk
>>
File: 1504479041369.jpg (19KB, 425x279px) Image search: [Google]
1504479041369.jpg
19KB, 425x279px
>>9394019
It makes me laugh that you came to /ck/ for advice about fancy cooking. You know you're gonna get bad advice or shitty memes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.