[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My local ramen restaurant costs 12 dollars plus tax for a bowl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

My local ramen restaurant costs 12 dollars plus tax for a bowl of ramen. My grandma says that's overpriced what do you think?
>>
I'd say that's pretty good since it comes with a couple pounds of monkey meat.
>>
>>9393906

What the fuck does your grandma know about pricing food
>>
>>9393906
Sounds very overpriced to me. For that price it had better be something fucking amazing.
>>
>>9393906
>NYC cost of living

Why bother
>>
>>9393906
Better be a bowl big enough to fit like 3 servings in it. I'm talking like war wonton level huge.
>>
>>9393906
If the ramen is good and you get a big portion that's not that bad. I'm assuming your grandma is just thinking about the price attached to instant ramen
>>
>>9393917
My grandma grew up in the philipines and fought in the war. She killed Japs and learned their language. In all seriousness she is pretty opiniated when it comes to asian food. Last time we went to a chineese restaurants she was lecturing the waiter about how bland the food was.
>>9393930
It's only a small town in Northern California. I think they could get away with it because it's a small town.
>>9393940
>>9393918
sadly It was just enough for one person. I don't think I'll be going back.
>>
File: ramen-bowl.jpg (451KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ramen-bowl.jpg
451KB, 800x533px
>>9393906
If you think of it as just a soup, or are comparing it to instant ramen, then yeah that's pretty pricey

If it's real ramen served in an enormous bowl and filled with sides and toppings, then you're getting a whole meal that will fill you the fuck up. $12 is pretty good, then.
You might be able to look around and find it cheaper, but not by much.
>>
>>9393970
So what the fuck does your grandma know about pricing food?
>>
>>9393906
If that's USD it's a ripoff, unless it's some sort of super high quality ramen

where I live you can get the best ramen in town for about $8.50 USD a bowl. It's fucking delectable, spot on tonkotsu ramen
>>
>>9393906
It's kind of hard to tell because there's a lot of variable. What kind was It? How big was it? Was it a quality broth? What meat was there and how much? I'd say like 8-12 bucks is a good range for a good bowl. Anything less is probably low quality and any more you're getting shafted.
>>
I pay 500 yen for ramen
>>
File: Ramen or Pho.jpg (176KB, 740x486px) Image search: [Google]
Ramen or Pho.jpg
176KB, 740x486px
Go to my local Pho shop and pay 1/2 the price for 2x the noodle soup.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.