[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tea thread! What are your favorite flavors? Do you use any special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 335086.jpg (4MB, 4280x2835px) Image search: [Google]
335086.jpg
4MB, 4280x2835px
Tea thread!

What are your favorite flavors?
Do you use any special pottery?
Whats your special technique to impress your gf with a great cup of tea?
>>
File: wp_ss_20141025_0009.png (297KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20141025_0009.png
297KB, 480x800px
>>9391108
>impress your gf with a great cup of tea
as if a woman will be impressed by my 2005 bulang
>>
File: babby's_first_yixing.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
babby's_first_yixing.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>What are your favorite flavors?
Shou pu'er, the darker and thicker the better. Gotta be an underrated category among teafags.
>Do you use any special pottery?
Mostly stick to my gaiwans, but pic related recently arrived in the mail and it's a fun change of pace. Will most likely dedicate it to dat dank ol' shou.
>Whats your special technique to impress your gf with a great cup of tea?
Somehow my bf hates 90% of oolongs, so it feels like a neat trick when I find one he doesn't.
>>
fucking with some Tetley at the moment
>>
>>9391459
It must be nice to impress your bf with good tea, wish you good luck in your next attempt.
>>
>>9391108
>>9391459

question for teafags,
does special pottery really effect the tea in any discernible way?
I just stick some looseleaf genmaicha into a cup of hot water and call it a day
>>
>>9391689
Thanks. I'll invest in some nicer Taiwanese oolongs when I have the dosh.

>>9391792
It's not a dramatic difference, but maybe a little. I'm new to clay and can't speak with authority on e.g. on how it changes with time. But the power of suggestion is surely at play; if you expect the tea to taste better, it will.
>>
what's the next step up from a metal strainer for loose leaf tea?
>>
>>9393528
For just about every type of tea (not sure about Darjeeling and some Jap teas), the answer is a gaiwan.
>>
>>9393952
Why are gaiwans better?
>>
File: wu_gaiwan_1.jpg (132KB, 2042x2048px) Image search: [Google]
wu_gaiwan_1.jpg
132KB, 2042x2048px
>>9393986
-A gaiwan is the easiest and cheapest vessel to use when brewing gongfu style, which for many loose leaf teas is the only way to go
-It gives the leaves plenty of room to expand
-It doesn't really interfere with the tea's taste in any way
-It allows you a ton of control over the brew; you can widen or narrow the gap as you pour depending on how quickly you want it to leave the vessel, how much leaf material you're willing to part with, &c.
-It looks nice and is fun to use
>>
Tried sage tea for the first time yesterday. It's really quite nice.

I'm more of a boring unsweetened green/black tea type of guy, so having a variation every once in a while is quite nice.

Another "unusual" tea I also enjoy and would recommend is fennel-anise-caraway tea
>>
I mainly drink japanese green teas (Secha, Gyokuro, Genmaicha).
Whenever I try green teas from different countries they often taste like shit. Why can't other countries into green tea?
>>
File: Senchaso.jpg (223KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Senchaso.jpg
223KB, 1000x666px
>>9394766
The japanese are autistic when it comes to their tea. They even practice the way they move and talk when having tea ceremonies
>>
>>9394779
I want to live like that, seems so comfy.
>>
Can a nice anon give me advice on tea, i am new to it an would like to know more about flavors, health benefits and cold brews
>>
>>9391792
I've only owned clay once, and DESU after a while once the taste built up I actually just wished I had a regular ceramic/glass.
>>
>>9394766
I like japanese greens, but dragonwell is also an excellent green tea.
>>
>>9394832
it is until you miss a step and have to press your knees into dried rice grains and salt for an hour
>>
File: fuck you.png (29KB, 126x180px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
29KB, 126x180px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.