[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive been craving a teriyaki bowl lately, what's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: yaki.jpg (82KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
yaki.jpg
82KB, 620x414px
Ive been craving a teriyaki bowl lately, what's the best way to make one?

I can make the sauce easy enough, but the chicken is always so tender when you get it from a restaurant. Is a slow cooker the best way or just pan cooked?

Also, what vegetables do you think fit best? Broccoli seems standard, but sometimes the mini corn cobs or other stuff is fun.

Thanks.
>>
>>9389720
That super tender effect is usually produced by velveting
>>
>>9389720
>Is a slow cooker the best way or just pan cooked?
Neither. Teriyaki is grilled. You grill the chicken, brushing the sauce on as the chicken cooks. The heat from the coals carmelizes the sauce onto the meat. That's the whole point. You could get by with your broiler set to high if you don't have a grill. Any other method is going to suck.
>>
>>9389731

Awesome. I've never tried velveting, but sounds like that's the secret. Thanks anon.

>>9389736

Don't have a grill so I'll have to work around it, but thanks, good to know.
>>
>>9389731
What the hell does velveting have to do with teriyaki chicken? The two have nothing to do with each other.

Velveting is a Chinese technique for stir-fries. Teriayki is Japanese chicken grilled on skewers over charcoal. They've got nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>9389749
velveting is not the answer
teriyaki literally means "grilled chicken". it's tender because its not overcooked
simple as that

>>9389736
this
>>
>>9389787
>>9389794
teriyaki doesent translate to "grilled chicken" you guys are talking about yakitori, chicken skewers grilled over charcoal. though the glaze for yakitori consists of the teriyaki sauce.
>>
>>9390157
They are pretty much synonymous to most people.
>>
>>9389794
>teriyaki literally means "grilled chicken"
No it does not, gaijin.
There's a reason why we Japanese hate people like you, Weeaboo.
>>
>>9389794
it literally means "glazed grilled", not "grilled chicken". back to jp102 with you.
>>
>>9390175
>literally
No, gaijin.
Go and watch some more western targeted anime.
>>
File: engrish_tshirt_distantsence.jpg (79KB, 490x427px) Image search: [Google]
engrish_tshirt_distantsence.jpg
79KB, 490x427px
>>9390164
We all know what happens when people try to discuss foreign languages, anon.

Anyway, are you language spergs suggesting that "velveting" has anything to do with teriyaki chicken?
>>
>>9390181
Oh, is one of the characters one that means something different in Chinese than Japanese? Is that why you don't understand that it means "glazed grilled" in Japanese?
>>
>>9390183
Velveting has nothing to do with actual teriyaki.
OP's teriyaki chicken is probably neither teriyaki nor chicken, so it could well be velveted tabby or whatever.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.