[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the proper way to cook a ribeye steak? >olive oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: steak.jpg (12KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
12KB, 288x175px
Is this the proper way to cook a ribeye steak?

>olive oil in pan, covers the bottom
>wait till oil is hot
>season the steak on one side with greek seasoning, salt, and pepper
>place that side you seasoned onto the skillet
>wait two minutes
>when the two is nearly up, season the other side the same way and flip it
>let cook for two minutes, near the end, put a small sliver of butter on top and lather it over
>take the entire pan, put it in an oven that has been preheated to 450 degrees
>leave it inside for four minutes
>take out, cool down, and eat

I've tried it before, and when done right, it ends up being a really fuckin good steak. Very tender, very flavorful. Is this how it's done, or is there a better way? Thoughts?
>>
I'd always be careful and use lard or some kind of neutral oil, as olive oil can burn pretty easily and it makes the steak all nasty and bitter. But you do you bro sounds like a good steak.
>>
>>9388549
Nearly had this happen the second time. Put a little too much olive oil in and the pan was already searing hot so it began bubbling rather quick. Thankfully, I was quick, and got the steak on but it didn't turn out nearly as good as my first time.
>>
>>9388538

> olive oil in pan

you fucked up. Why do you use olive oil for high temp frying anon?
>>
>>9388568
I don't know man. Why not? As long as you stay on top of it and don't walk out of the kitchen, all should be good.
>>
>using seasoning other than Himalayan salt and pepper
>using butter
>putting it in the over after you seared it
You're ruining a perfectly good steak, faggot. If you're going to do all that buy a shittier cut of meat.
>>
>>9388568

if you want to be an autistic asshole about oil then explain yourself.

High quality (low acidity) extra virgin olive oil 207°C 405°F

You pan fry hotter than 400 degrees do you? I never realized how much I hate you idiots until today.
>>
>>9388823
Not him, but to get a proper sear on a steak and still keep the interior rare you need to have your pan a good deal hotter than 400F. Personally I heat a cast iron skillet on an outdoor propane burner until it's smoking hot, coat my steak with oil and put it in for @1-2 minutes on each side. There's no oil I know of that will have a smoke point higher than the temp I'm cooking at so I usually coat with olive oil.
>>
>>9389009
Making your cooking utensils hotter than the surface of the sun is what inexperienced cooks do. If you pay attention to controlling surface moisture by salting and drying of the steak before cooking, and having adequate fat on the cooking surface, you're better off than the tards who coat the entire inside of their house with burned oil because they're struggling with the leidenfrost effect on their superheated pans.

A light glaze of something with a small amount of sugar, such as balsamic, can also work wonders. Of course this triggers the poorfag overcompensating man-children who think that steak is some pure religious artifact that should only touch salt.

There's nothing wrong with more heat if you can do it without fucking up your home, but you should be using a green egg or something like that, outdoors, if that's what you're going for. Not overheating your cast iron pan like some kind of retard.
>>
>>9388538

>Set steak out for at least 30 mins so meat is room temperature

>Make sure the complete outside is dry, wet is bad

>Liberally season with salt, NO BUTTER, NO OIL

>Stick into a preheated oven of 135c for 45 mins

>Now you can preheat pan, you add nothing no oil or anything

>Take steak out of oven and dry off the outside before throwing on the hot pan

>Sear everything, even the sides, about 1-2 mins each side if you have the pan hot enough, once it is seared, Now you can throw in your butter

>Bast the top of the steak with liquid butter for 1 more min

>Take steak out of pan, put it on a plate and pour a little juice in the pan over the top, cover with foil and let it rest for 10 mins
>>
>>9389028
There's nothing wrong with more heat if >you can do it without fucking up your home, but you should be using a green egg or something like that, outdoors, if that's what you're going for
>spend the first 3/4ths of the wall of text saying your retarded for using high heat
>ignores the fact that the post he responded to specifically said it was outside on a patio

Learn to read and process text or never post again, you extra chromosome wonder.
>>
File: 20170624_160420-2016x1512.jpg (684KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_160420-2016x1512.jpg
684KB, 2016x1512px
Guys I have vegetable oil and olive oil. Which should I use? Cooking on cast iron, gas range
>>
>>9390798

Use Vegetable oil for cooking on grill, use Olive oil for finishing
>>
>olive oil in pan
And it's ruined. Such a high quality meat requires always butter.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.